Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-16-2021, 02:12 PM   #1521
Winnebago Master

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I’ve pretty much always lived within 1-1/2 hrs away from where I was born. This will be big for me!
Denny, I hope all goes smoothly for you as well.
Wyatt, I’m sorry but I’m keeping everything together. I don’t want to think about how difficult it would be to remove all the magnets!
Old 05-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #1522
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I’ve pretty much always lived within 1-1/2 hrs away from where I was born. This will be big for me!
Denny, I hope all goes smoothly for you as well.
Wyatt, I’m sorry but I’m keeping everything together. I don’t want to think about how difficult it would be to remove all the magnets!
These are sad words to hear, but I know you guys thought it over very carefully. And as I remember you have been thinking of this move for quite awhile..... as with us..... We've been talking about our move for at least 3 years. Downsizing all the while to make the physical move easier. (still have a lot of junk ) Also, born and raised here, but not many folks we grew up with still here. All our kids are somewhere else. Hence oldest daughter and son n law want us up at their Lakehouse and building us a place there. But I had my heals dug into the sand pretty deep and didn't want to leave this area or house as I totally remodled this place and just wanted to get some use out of all my blood sweat tears!

But as for your Intent, I don't think I'm ready to part with mine just yet. I hope you can try and keep yours, one way or the other, for the same reason that we both put a lot of mods in our coaches.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:39 PM   #1523
Proud “No Intent” Owner

With all good “Intentions”...

There’s obviously waning interest in the Intent. The Intent line was scuttled by Winnebago so there’s no new interest in what we’re doing.
The last of the Mohicans...
I’ve made what I consider to be some good and helpful friends on this forum—trading upgrades and trials and tribulations of making it drive-able, livable, and most importantly a comfortable home away from home that we’re all happy with in our own ways.
Thank you all for your inspiration and guidance. YGOHOME, K9NEG, the SANE, may more and of course Bdub that started it all. Thank you all again. It s been a good run...
I hope some of what I did also inspired you. A lot of what I did was born out of COVID boredom, and our Intent is the better for it.

So I give you a few of my final upgrades/mods. Not that I’m “done”, just I’ve run out of ideas, for now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B31455C4-C6E7-4151-AEA6-F18177C0702A.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	178939   Click image for larger version

Name:	F270EA41-BE1E-4621-992C-37E0FFCBB6B7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	178940  

Old 05-18-2021, 06:14 AM   #1524
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
There’s obviously waning interest in the Intent. The Intent line was scuttled by Winnebago so there’s no new interest in what we’re doing.
The last of the Mohicans...
I’ve made what I consider to be some good and helpful friends on this forum—trading upgrades and trials and tribulations of making it drive-able, livable, and most importantly a comfortable home away from home that we’re all happy with in our own ways.
Thank you all for your inspiration and guidance. YGOHOME, K9NEG, the SANE, may more and of course Bdub that started it all. Thank you all again. It s been a good run...
I hope some of what I did also inspired you. A lot of what I did was born out of COVID boredom, and our Intent is the better for it.

So I give you a few of my final upgrades/mods. Not that I’m “done”, just I’ve run out of ideas, for now...
Oh I didn't know Winnie now scuttled the complete Intent line now after scuttling the 26M after its 1st birthday. Any ear on the ground as to the reason why?

Yes Wyatt, it's been a good run thanks to Dbub who got us all inspired. Looking at the General forum, I don't see. any other model with so many postings as with the model Intent. Also meaning a model specifically with it's own threads.

This doesn't discourage me as it seems in my lifetime I have bought and enjoyed many products that shortly after purchase, because discontinued. Guess I like stuff most people don't. That's maybe why I'm not too much of a follower.

I'm busy now with the move which isn't a whole lot of fun, but when completed, I will be back hacking more hacks to the Intent.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #1525
Winnebago Master

I don’t think interest is dying in the 26m. Winnebago dropped it from the line up for whatever reason, only being made for 2 years, but I think it’s a very popular model. It’s the best layout for its size. They will trade hands as people step up to larger RV’s, but there will always be new owners coming here to learn more about their “new to them” INTENT.
I think the regular posters here are also not the norm. We LOVE to tweak on this stuff, while I feel most RV owners use it occasionally and leave it alone.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:02 PM   #1526
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Guess who else is now selling his Intent? Yup. We talked about it late last year and have now decided to do it. We're still figuring things out with our jobs, but if all goes as planned, we will be leaving California early next year. Finally! Selling the Winnie will ease the transition, and when we get settled, we'll get another RV.
I'll still be around, just no more mods from me.

Please, wish us luck with the sale!

-Robb
Robb,
You will be missed, really benefited from all of your mods you shared with us. Wish you the best on your move and next adventure. Hopefully, we will hear from you again in the near future.
Angela
Old 05-18-2021, 06:47 PM   #1527
ottojf

Intent 26M

Is there an easy way to do a search with in the Intent blog?

I know someone commented on moving the dinette tv. I want to raise it up but how do you even get the thing of off the mount. There has to be a way as how else do you plug in HDMI or was that removed by previous owner?

Thanks for suggestions. Sorry to see some of you moving on.

John Otto
Old 05-18-2021, 07:13 PM   #1528
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojf View Post

I know someone commented on moving the dinette tv. I want to raise it up but how do you even get the thing of off the mount. There has to be a way as how else do you plug in HDMI or was that removed by previous owner?

John Otto
Otto, believe it was YGOHOM who posted this 1st. Maybe he will direct you in the right direction.

Yes we maybe be driving a real rate animal in a few years. But I have to say, I bought the 26m because it had the most functional floor plan on any with or without the slides in or out. Too bad Winnebago don't see this.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:56 PM   #1529
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojf View Post

John Otto
Hi John, we’re not going anywhere. Just the guy YGOHM who gave you the refrigerator latch. How do you like it?
Old 05-18-2021, 10:05 PM   #1530
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I don’t think interest is dying in the 26m. Winnebago dropped it from the line up for whatever reason, only being made for 2 years, but I think it’s a very popular model. It’s the best layout for its size. They will trade hands as people step up to larger RV’s, but there will always be new owners coming here to learn more about their “new to them” INTENT.
I think the regular posters here are also not the norm. We LOVE to tweak on this stuff, while I feel most RV owners use it occasionally and leave it alone.
All good points. GOD I hope I don’t die in the INTENT. It’s hopefully a stepping stone to enable us to visit all the small NP’s I want to get into.

But we love the life. I see a 39’ class A gasser in our future for glam camping at the beaches. We’ll see. We may have to wait for an electric one, and that wait, may outlive me...
Old 05-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #1531
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Yes, it's layout was the reason for me to go with the 26M. I wanted something short but with a functional walk around bed and even functional with the slides in.

Well, I maybe Invision myself going some day to a class B. Would then get a Park Model or a 5th wheel for down in Arizona and use the class B for traveling back and forth and any excursions in between. Problem is most class Bs can't tow my trailer. Drivetrains probably up to it but guessing the unitized body's prevents towing what I have. I'm trying to stay with Ford, and the 350 TRX won't do it. Problem is with motorhomes they come almost max'ed out with just the home they include.

Well anyway just a dream for now. My Intent is to keep the Intent for awhile.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #1532
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
All good points. GOD I hope I don’t die in the INTENT. It’s hopefully a stepping stone to enable us to visit all the small NP’s I want to get into.

But we love the life. I see a 39’ class A gasser in our future for glam camping at the beaches. We’ll see. We may have to wait for an electric one, and that wait, may outlive me...
Yes Wyatt, nice to have dreams. Guess this is what keeps us going and sane. No matter how bad things get, we still have our dreams. AND, Nobody can take those dreams away from us, as this Intent thread has proved. Been a lot of great idea's brought forth here. I, for one, have appreciated every one.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #1533
Winnebago Camper

Good Luck YGOHOM. We'll miss all your information and help! Thanks again for the fridge latch! Howard
habermanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:14 PM   #1534
Winnebago Master

Bye, for now!

Thank you!!

It’s official. Our Winnie has been sold to a very happy couple in San Diego. As sad as we’ll be seeing her drive away, I’m excited for the new owners and believe it’s going to a great home.

I’ll still check in for inspiration and to keep up on your activities, while patiently waiting for the right time to buy another RV.

Robb
Old 05-24-2021, 01:25 PM   #1535
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thank you!!

It’s official. Our Winnie has been sold to a very happy couple in San Diego. As sad as we’ll be seeing her drive away, I’m excited for the new owners and believe it’s going to a great home.

I’ll still check in for inspiration and to keep up on your activities, while patiently waiting for the right time to buy another RV.

Robb

Nice Robb, another chapter closing as you start many new!
Old 05-29-2021, 12:41 AM   #1536
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Just a quick follow up on rewiring the Intent (26m diagram included), to allow one to run all 120v receptacles off of the inverter, instead of just the refrigerator and TV’s.
Denny, (K9AEG), was the initial inspiration, and helped me coalesce the idea into one I could share, and employ in a practical manner. Thanks Denny!
I’m updating my video, but for the savvy players. Here’s the schematic I rewrote, that I can pass along to others interested in this mod, as well for future owners or when I get dementia—whichever comes first.
FYI, I showed how to also add the Microwave into the loop, if desired.
One might note that I used the two abandoned 15amp breakers, to run two new 14-2 lines to three areas to “spread” the load when on shoreline power.
The rear outside kitchen, sidewall exterior outlet, and the outlet I installed in the basement for my ice machine, (the latter share one of the 15amp circuits).
So I split the plugs in those locations. One leg works only on shore power OR the inverter, while the other leg of the receptacles works only on shore power with a dedicated 15amp breaker— Ingenious IMHO.
I also replaced the Magnum 1000 watt inverter, with their 2,000 watt model to power more of the receptacles. That’s another story. It fit, but like Denny warmed me, I had to temporarily move one of the kitchen floor struts out of the way to fit it in—it’s a LOT bigger.
The terminals are also on the opposite side of the OEM inverter, so that’s why it’s installed at an angle, so I didn’t have to run new wires from the battery/fuse.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C22D9097-CCEB-476D-9D7A-A51535B37110.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	179132   Click image for larger version

Name:	1A43CF52-4EF3-4923-8AD0-9D3C11223CF5.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	179133  

Name:	A3E07035-D4D7-4962-8A54-CFC410B5E52D.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	179134  
Old 05-29-2021, 04:11 PM   #1537
Winnebago Master

Damn!!
Old 05-29-2021, 04:29 PM   #1538
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Damn!!
Is right. That brown stain on the wood support struts, that’s dried blood…no kidding…
Old 05-31-2021, 01:34 AM   #1539
Winnebago Owner

Door lock broke

Last weekend while camping started to notice door lock was sticking. Thought I could make due and only use deadbolt lock. On the last day packed up and went to gas station to fill up. Rv door would not open, stuck in rv. Took rv door lock faceplate off and tried to figure out what went wrong. Was on a military base and called base security for help. They were sending fire dept to help,when I found the broken piece and not sure how, but I was able to mcgiever it with a flat tip screwdriver and moving the spring/tumbler assy and opened the door. Called off the FD, and I had to remove the lock set from the door. Had to tie a rope threaded through the door grab handles inside and out and secure with a slip knot. Mobile tech couldn’t get to me for 5-6 hrs and suggested I go to CW for part and if needed could walk me through install. Was traveling without my hubby as it was a mother/daughters trip. Drove 17 miles on Cali highway and CW was out of the door locks, but recommended a local rv repair shop/parts store 3 miles away. Called and they had the lock. I was able to install new one in about 10 minutes. Recommend anyone having a lock set that starts sticking to immediately remove faceplate and inspect for broken parts. I was trying to make it home to avoid not having the right tools and wanting to replace it with one of those electric models when I got home. No such luck and the same Oem lock set was $200 vs electric one on Amazon for $230.
Angela
Old 05-31-2021, 02:46 AM   #1540
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
Last weekend while camping started to notice door lock was sticking. Thought I could make due and only use deadbolt lock. On the last day packed up and went to gas station to fill up. Rv door would not open, stuck in rv. Took rv door lock faceplate off and tried to figure out what went wrong. Was on a military base and called base security for help. They were sending fire dept to help,when I found the broken piece and not sure how, but I was able to mcgiever it with a flat tip screwdriver and moving the spring/tumbler assy and opened the door. Called off the FD, and I had to remove the lock set from the door. Had to tie a rope threaded through the door grab handles inside and out and secure with a slip knot. Mobile tech couldn’t get to me for 5-6 hrs and suggested I go to CW for part and if needed could walk me through install. Was traveling without my hubby as it was a mother/daughters trip. Drove 17 miles on Cali highway and CW was out of the door locks, but recommended a local rv repair shop/parts store 3 miles away. Called and they had the lock. I was able to install new one in about 10 minutes. Recommend anyone having a lock set that starts sticking to immediately remove faceplate and inspect for broken parts. I was trying to make it home to avoid not having the right tools and wanting to replace it with one of those electric models when I got home. No such luck and the same Oem lock set was $200 vs electric one on Amazon for $230.
Angela
Good job getting yourself out of that situation. Now, better news, RV Lock has a 30% of Memorial Day sale…
https://www.rvlock.com/?_ke=eyJrbF9j...hvbWVzLmNvbSJ9

Tags
intent