Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Porch Light and all Storage Bay Lights Are Out

The porch light, all storage compartments, and the engine bay lights are not working. Is there another switch besides the one just under the passenger seat at the exit and the one in the electrical bay? Is there a common fuse for these lights?

2005 Journey 34H
Nomad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like a fuse. Look up front where the gen is for the fuse behind the plate.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

In my MH, there is a circuit breaker behind the panel at the foot of the bed for most 12 volt items.
Wiring diagrams are available on the web

http://winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
The porch light, all storage compartments, and the engine bay lights are not working. Is there another switch besides the one just under the passenger seat at the exit and the one in the electrical bay? Is there a common fuse for these lights?
2005 Journey 34H
Mike
All of my compartment lights have individual switches (on the fixtures), However, in one of my basement compartments there's a "master ON/OFF switch", which, (when OFF), breaks the ground to all of my compartment lights, and my engine bay light, (making them inoperable).
That master switch does not affect my porch/patio light.
Have you verified that the bulb in your porch light is good?
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

So I have found 4 fuse panels. One for AC voltage at the base of the bed, another at the base of the refrigerator for 12v, two in the generator bay, one is 12v circuit breakers and the other is automotive fuses. None are popped and I did not check for blown auto fuses as the chart in the box shows them to be for just auto things like head lights and windshield wipers.

The one under the fridge does seem to be the proper CB with on marked Compt Lamps.

I have found the second switch in the elect bay, and tried flipping both up and down with no luck.

I'm scouring the wire diagrams for clues. I have also found the lamp in the waste compartment to be rusted. It rained last night and I found some water dripped into here. Unless Winnebago wired these lamps in series, that would not stop the rest from working. I have to pull that now anyway as I found a waste tank sensor has fallen off.

In searching the diagrams, I have discovered that the porch light and a lamp that shines on the steps are connected and both are out. So I'm going to look into the passenger console for any issues.
Nomad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

So when I pulled the switch panel just inside the door on the left, I found four wires disconnected from the two switches. The wires are all yellow, so I guessed by location of the wires in relation to the switches when I opened the panel. Once reconnected I have porch and storage bay lights

However, the master switch in the electric bay does not work. Maybe one of the yellow wires on the switch is misplaced?

Also one of the storage bay lights is not working after the fix above. The light bulb burned out, a wire sliced through, and the door switch is not working - that bay has bad karma. The bulb is replaced and the wire spliced, now to figure out this switch.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I figured out that the yellow wires do have codes that match the electrical diagrams. All the switches in the passenger console area now work properly.

The master compartment switch in the electrical bay does not do anything. I will add that to the to-do list.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I don't believe that there is a master compartment switch in the electric bay. If you take a look at page 10-8 of the 2005 Journey Operator Manual you will see that the switch labelled LIGHTS is a utility/porch light up above your head on the outside sidewall of the coach. The only other switch in that compartment is the WATER PUMP switch.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
I don't believe that there is a master compartment switch in the electric bay. If you take a look at page 10-8 of the 2005 Journey Operator Manual you will see that the switch labelled LIGHTS is a utility/porch light up above your head on the outside sidewall of the coach. The only other switch in that compartment is the WATER PUMP switch.

Thanks, that helps in the troubleshooting. Maybe that bulb is just burned out.

Tags
light, lights, storage