Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #521
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Nice to see your return although I too have not posted much. Not at RV right now so can't provide answer to screws. Hope I am on the waiting list for the device. Look great!!

I spent last night at RV and had problem with inverter going off. Looks like my batteries are not holding charge and inverter goes off at only 11.1 ams left...I charge to 12.7 and they are at 11.1 in about an hour!! Ouch. I think I am going to upgrade to 2 12v Lithium and am back on site trying to find post of an Intent owner who did that. As I recall you went with multiple 6 volt units.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #522
Proud “No Intent” Owner

LED Taillights comparison

Hi Robb,

I’m not going out on a limb to say that they are “significantly” brighter, but they are brighter. And most importantly to me was, that they will be more visible to people behind me. They flash more discreetly, since it doesn’t have to warm up a filament.
Here’s a 6 second video I did when putting them on, that shows the difference.

https://vimeo.com/406891667
Old 04-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #523
Proud “No Intent” Owner

AGM Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Nice to see your return although I too have not posted much. Not at RV right now so can't provide answer to screws. Hope I am on the waiting list for the device. Look great!!

I spent last night at RV and had problem with inverter going off. Looks like my batteries are not holding charge and inverter goes off at only 11.1 ams left...I charge to 12.7 and they are at 11.1 in about an hour!! Ouch. I think I am going to upgrade to 2 12v Lithium and am back on site trying to find post of an Intent owner who did that. As I recall you went with multiple 6 volt units.
Hi Feiter,

I’m going with these AGM batteries. Two will give me a 50% increase in amp hours over the two stock ones from Napa. U.S. Coastguard uses them. They seem to be a quality choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B7C5EA24-D26F-4ADB-A0FE-120900169650.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	173254  
Old 04-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #524
Winnebago Master

Unfortunately, that's the minimal difference that I expected. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Hi Robb,

I’m not going out on a limb to say that they are “significantly” brighter, but they are brighter. And most importantly to me was, that they will be more visible to people behind me. They flash more discreetly, since it doesn’t have to warm up a filament.
Here’s a 6 second video I did when putting them on, that shows the difference.

https://vimeo.com/406891667
Old 04-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #525
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Wow, are these really 96 # each? Need 2 men to move them. The AGMs I have looked at so far are about 60#...Will our battery trays in the Intent hold 2@ 96?
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 04-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #526
Winnebago Master

The heavier it is, the better it is. More lead.

Quote:
Wow, are these really 96 # each? Need 2 men to move them. The AGMs I have looked at so far are about 60#...Will our battery trays in the Intent hold 2@ 96?
Old 04-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #527
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Battery Weight

Quote:
It’s as though you were adding one more 60# battery in that compartment, because that’s the weight differential.
They have changed the design to be 90#’s now, not 96#.
If you look at the steel frame cage that currently holds the two batteries, it’s pretty well built. It had better. I’ll be the Ginny pig here, as soon as I get them installed, and take a trip or two, I’ll let you know...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5AC21B99-4E9E-454B-BCB4-1D5779AD92A5.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	173255  
Old 04-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #528
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Here is update to my post regarding battery problems. I pulled the terminals and cleaned them with baking soda and water and then remounted making sure all connections were tight. I did not check water levels as I couldn't remove all the caps without removing the damn batteries...

I ran the vehicle and believe I ran long enough the batteries should have fully charged. When I checked the voltage the forward battery read 12.4 and the back 12.5...Isn't fully charged supposed to be 12.7?

So after full charge I started the inverter and ran the fridge, dinette TV and the main cabin lights...nothing else...I pulled the bottom panel below the sink so I could view the inverter...it initially read the 12.5 level i got with my voltmeter. Within 20 minutes the battery lever was down to 12.1 (I believe it is suggested to charge a battery when voltage drops to 12.5). So, I have ordered two Renogy 100AH AGMs and will get delivery on Thursday and install Thursday or Friday. I also received and will install a Victron Energy battery monitor model BMV-712 which will give me actually data instead of that crappy red light system we have standard. Will start install of the monitor tomorrow.

I did notice the Inverter seems to show the voltage being supplied when the engine is running and charging..I was seeing 14.6 most of the time...is this high enough and correct?

Will post some pics of the upgrad and BMS install.

Certainly can't live with only 20 minutes of usage from the batteries.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:52 PM   #529
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Inverter Wiring (and other)

The picture is what you see if you remove the back panel under the sink. The Inverter is seen by removing the bottom right panel. The plug you see going into the inverter comes from the large black box seen in this picture.

Trying to figure out all the rest of it thought.

Wyatt...tried to just send this to you as part of our messaging but looks like we can't include pics using the private message area. When you said you attach the wires to the inverter plug is this where you did that?

Is this the push button CB you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Push-Button-R.../dp/B000S5TI5K
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InverterWiring.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	173257  
Old 04-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #530
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
The picture is what you see if you remove the back panel under the sink. The Inverter is seen by removing the bottom right panel. The plug you see going into the inverter comes from the large black box seen in this picture.

Trying to figure out all the rest of it thought.

Wyatt...tried to just send this to you as part of our messaging but looks like we can't include pics using the private message area. When you said you attach the wires to the inverter plug is this where you did that?

Is this the push button CB you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Push-Button-R.../dp/B000S5TI5K
Yes Bill... your correct on both accounts. Meaning, the black box on the wall is the transfer relay box for gen/solar to shore power.

The Amazon link is the 15amp breaker I used. One could just use a junction box and mount them on it inside.

Denny
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #531
Winnie-Wise

I read that these LED tail/brake lights have to replacement capabilities. Is that correct?
Old 04-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #532
Winnie-Wise

This is what I went with for bats #3 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ACNO2AO/
Old 04-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #533
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Yes Bill... your correct on both accounts. Meaning, the black box on the wall is the transfer relay box for gen/solar to shore power.

The Amazon link is the 15amp breaker I used. One could just use a junction box and mount them on it inside.

Denny
I’m not sure which mod you’re referring to, but if it was the one where I tapped into the inverter circuit for the outdoor ice maker socket, I actually tapped into the outside plug as the wires leave that white junction box you see in your picture to the left. Then ran that wire back down through the floor into the battery compartment, to the backside on the new junction box for the plug in the lower storage bay. I know that doesn’t help. Sorry.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #534
Winnie-Wise

Referring to the thread of energising All recepticals to the inverter. All except the microwave circuit.

Denny
Old 04-14-2020, 10:49 PM   #535
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Referring to the thread of energising All recepticals to the inverter. All except the microwave circuit.

Denny
From MY experience, there are many 120cv outlets in our rigs. Only some—very few, actually have power from the inverter.

When on shoreline power, obviously all have power. But only the tv’s sockets have power on the inverter, when off shoreline.

Am I wrong here?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:13 AM   #536
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I read that these LED tail/brake lights have to replacement capabilities. Is that correct?
Hi Denny, I’m not sure I understand your question?
Old 04-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #537
Site Team

Quote:
I ran the vehicle and believe I ran long enough the batteries should have fully charged. When I checked the voltage the forward battery read 12.4 and the back 12.5...Isn't fully charged supposed to be 12.7?
Oh? How long is that? Probably that would take hours to get a full charge. Your batteries don’t charge as quickly as most people think.

And when checking the voltage you must let the batteries rest completely for about 30-mins to see an accurate charge state voltage.

If you did not wait long enough the voltage you saw was likely residual surface charge from running the engine. And if so they never were actually at that voltage.

Even if they were actually at 12.4v that’s only about 70% charged. 12.7v is full charge. And 12.1v is 50% discharged. It’s a very small 0.6v difference between charged and time to stop drawing from the battery.

Your addition of the Victron BMK will make all the difference. You’ll really know when your batteries are fully charged and when they are not. Plus no waiting for the true voltage to show. Without the BMK it’s all a guessing game.
Quote:
I did notice the Inverter seems to show the voltage being supplied when the engine is running and charging..I was seeing 14.6 most of the time...is this high enough and correct? .
14.6v from your alternator is pretty standard and is correct. Still it could take 4 or 5 hours of driving to fully charge your batteries. Depending on their state of charge at the time you start driving.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:47 AM   #538
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
From MY experience, there are many 120cv outlets in our rigs. Only some—very few, actually have power from the inverter.

When on shoreline power, obviously all have power. But only the tv’s sockets have power on the inverter, when off shoreline.

Am I wrong here?
You are correct my friend. That's why I reposted the breaker modification to energize all recepticals whether on shore power or not.

Denny
Old 04-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #539
Site Team

Quote:
Hi Feiter,

I’m going with these AGM batteries. Two will give me a 50% increase in amp hours over the two stock ones from Napa. U.S. Coastguard uses them. They seem to be a quality choice.
Wyatt, I'm not familiar with the battery compartment on the Intent, but the batteries you're planning on getting are 150 aH batteries which is great, but they are longer, wider and much taller than the typical Group 31 NAPA batteries that WBGO installs. Are you sure those will fit?

And yes, they are 96 lbs each!.

The typical Group 31 Lifeline batter is the GPL-31T. It's 105 aH and standard Group 31 sizing. It weighs 60lbs, too.

It makes sense when you think about it, but the Amp Hours of a battery are directly related to the physical size of the battery and the weight of the battery.

A smaller Group 24, like in a smaller Class C is limited to a top amp hour rating of about 85 aH. When you step up in size to the larger cased Group 31 the typical largest amp hour rating is ~105.

That's why the battery you've picked is capable of 150 aH but is a quite a bit larger size and higher weight, too.

Golf Cart 6v batteries can be twice the amp hour rating of a 12v at a given battery size because of the smaller number of internal cells needed to produce 6v.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #540
Proud “No Intent” Owner

VictronConnect

Hi Feiter,

I did this video on how I fished the wire to the VictronConnect battery monitor. Might save you some time, since we have the same model RV.
https://vimeo.com/392578104

Tags
intent