Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 10:14 PM   #1341
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Thanks! An extension chord is definitely the easiest solution for sure. I’ll probably end up doing that until it drives me nuts!
There’s also an empty socket on the back of the inverter, that you could tap into and run a cord to any location and make a new socket.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #1342
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
There’s also an empty socket on the back of the inverter, that you could tap into and run a cord to any location and make a new socket.
Oh yeah! Got to know about that when I tripped the inverter by having it on while firing up the generator. I need power in the bedroom for a CPAP machine, so the outlet behind the TV in the bedroom will need to be the temporary source via extension chord.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:11 PM   #1343
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
The problem with this is if you plug in there, you only have power with the inverter on. It won’t be powered if you’re on shore power.

That’s why I abandoned that option when I added the TV over the door. I had it all hooked up and turned on the TV. Tried anyway. No power. Turned on the inverter and the TV came on.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #1344
Winnebago Owner

Yep, I’m strictly looking for 110 when not on generator or shore power.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:19 PM   #1345
Winnebago Master

True. If you just run a cord. I was thinking if you converted the bedside outlet to inverter only.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:09 PM   #1346
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
True. If you just run a cord. I was thinking if you converted the bedside outlet to inverter only.
I don’t seem why we can’t reconfigure all of the outlets to run off of the inverter OR shoreline just like the TVs do. There should be a workaround for this, by finding the feed for the inverter plugs at the panel and making them all work the same. Thoughts?
Old 03-18-2021, 10:23 PM   #1347
Winnebago Master

Someone on here did it a while back. Seems like it was a newer poster, that had his Intent for a while and had already done a ton of wiring upgrades before joining. I can’t remember the name. ??
Old 03-19-2021, 03:33 PM   #1348
Winnebago Master

Found it! Post #839 on page 42. I remember some follow up questions for JLA too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
I didnt realized until today that I bumped into this thread how much I have messed with my 26m, just in case interested here we go ....
• steering stabilizer, I can’t really tell how much of improvement cuz I really didn’t drive it before.
• TPMS And extensions
• Made a 1” thick play wood wrapped in brown carpet to cover steps (safer for my toddler and small pet)
• Reinforced all roof seams with eternabond tape
• All 4 speaker upgrade
• Installed pressure washers on seatbelt anchor bolts (no more clicking sound)
• Reinforced dinning overhead cabinets copying cabinets over the bed
• Changed front and rear sway bar to stiffer setting
• I removed useless to me outdoor fridge and replaced tv for a bigger one.
• Installed Victron 712 battery monitor
• Installed 2 Battle Born lithium batteries
• Installed GoPower 2000w inverter
• Reconfigured wiring so all outlets will work with inverter power
• Installed GoPower automatic switch box
• Turned battery tray into a compartment
• Installed battery warmer
• Reconfigured 12v wiring into a busbar with main power shutoff simplifying and getting rid of lots of unnecessary wiring
• Upgraded wiring
• Installed progressive dynamics smart power converter
• Replaced battery isolator with Renogy 50 dc to dc battery charger with mppt
• 320w portable solar
Wish list ...
CarPlay stereo
Front cab speakers
Sound deadening and never ending rattle mitigation
Sumo springs or air ride in all corners ?? opinions anyone here, Thank you
Old 03-19-2021, 07:08 PM   #1349
JLA
Winnebago Camper

It’s fairly simple, need to pull covers to espose wiring underneath the sink there is by pass that needs to be voided right next to inverter, to be able to handle all the electronics I upgraded the inverter to 2000w. I will take some pics tomorrow to help illustrate my setup.
JLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #1350
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
It’s fairly simple, need to pull covers to espose wiring underneath the sink there is by pass that needs to be voided right next to inverter, to be able to handle all the electronics I upgraded the inverter to 2000w. I will take some pics tomorrow to help illustrate my setup.
Excellent! Thanks for getting back to me so fast. For now, I just want to get all of the plugs to be ABLE to work on the inverter. Then, I'll probably drop in a 2,000 watt just like you did.

Looking forward to your workaround. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #1351
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Awesome! Will definitely want to see what you did to make this happen. They all cut over to shore power as well, I’d assume?
Old 03-20-2021, 10:09 PM   #1352
Winnebago Camper

Rookies need help

We got our Winnebago intent 30R today. We are driving home from Rockford to Denver. And we have stopped for the night. When we turn on the inverter it doesn’t seem anything is powered. And we realize that driving down the highway the refrigerator was not on.

This is our first RV. And we’re not sure if we’ve done something wrong or if something is wrong. The Manuel seem to be more of an explanation of what everything is then any “how to” reference. We actually took videos on our introduction to our vehicle. No where do we have instructions that say something has to be done in order for basic things to run off of it or what basic things run off the inverter when it’s active.

We would be grateful for any guidance

Thanks!
JoKeMa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:08 PM   #1353
Winnebago Owner

Sometimes there is a gfci that trips. If you can find inverter look for reset?
Old 03-21-2021, 12:05 AM   #1354
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
I tend to agree. If you turned on the inverter switch on the wall, then you should have power to the TVs and refrigerator.

If you do not, then look for your inverter. I think on the 30r it’s in the same place as our 26m, under the sink area. It’s a small pain, but if you pull up the white floor panels (a few small screws), there should be a GFCI reset button on it.

Here’s a link where you can see 3D images to locate where your inverter is located. It’s the part in YELLOW.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Ok, I just looked that’s where it is, go check it out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2D4FFB3F-99F3-4743-9BE7-95C81CA6F3EC.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	177900  
Old 03-21-2021, 02:57 AM   #1355
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
That was it! We are very grateful! We just learned a lot...
JoKeMa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #1356
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoKeMa3 View Post
We got our Winnebago intent 30R today. We are driving home from Rockford to Denver. And we have stopped for the night. When we turn on the inverter it doesn’t seem anything is powered. And we realize that driving down the highway the refrigerator was not on.

This is our first RV. And we’re not sure if we’ve done something wrong or if something is wrong. The Manuel seem to be more of an explanation of what everything is then any “how to” reference. We actually took videos on our introduction to our vehicle. No where do we have instructions that say something has to be done in order for basic things to run off of it or what basic things run off the inverter when it’s active.

We would be grateful for any guidance

Thanks!
Welcome to Club INTENT.

We have found that the inverter in the INTENT should only be turned on by itself.
If using the generator or plugging in to shore power, turn off the inverter.
You might as well leave the screws out of the floor panel, because you’ll probably trip it again.

I recommend reading through this entire thread in your spare time, and make notes of the post #’s that interest you. There’s a TON of information here.

PM me your address and I’ll send you a refrigerator latch.

-Robb
Old 03-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #1357
JLA
Winnebago Camper

I just loaded some pics on my profile, let me know if you need anything
Old 03-21-2021, 01:31 PM   #1358
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I just loaded some pics on my profile, let me know if you need anything
Thank you for doing that. I’m assuming the GoPower transfer switch is what is needed to auto switch over from shore to the inverter to power to the plugs?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	997EA250-5DAB-4355-BB2B-F63C18B84374.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	177920  
Old 03-21-2021, 10:41 PM   #1359
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I’m going to repeat this, because I think it needs some heeding...

FYI, for those of you that are thinking about adding lithium batteries to your Intent RV, or have already done so, I had a very interesting conversation with the senior tech at WFCO who is the manufacture for the charger converter in our units, as I’m adding a third Battle Born.
As it turns out, our current WGCO unit will charge lithium batteries but not to 100%. So if you bought lithium batteries and using the current charging system you’re not getting 100% out of your lithium batteries.
The good news is they have come out with a plug and play lithium charging profile adapter that goes into the bottom of the WFCO unit.
It will charge with your batteries appropriately as it removes the float charge, so it goes from a three stage charger, to a two-stage charger, illuminating the float stage which is what lithium batteries do not want or need.
The big issue with the current charging profile is it will only deliver 13.6v, as compared to the 14.6 lithium need to get to full SOC. (And and he said it won’t hurt the FLA starter battery which was my concern).
This video is not for Battle Born batteries, but it’s the same issue with all lithium batteries on a FLA or AGM charging profile.

https://youtu.be/rZhAyTNKoRw

The part you will need to install from WFCO is 8950L2 MBA, which is also available on Amazon.
That’s, tomorrow’s project...
Old 03-21-2021, 10:53 PM   #1360
JLA
Winnebago Camper

That is correct and the whole reason why upgrades to progressive dynamics converter Charger, more important where are you thinking of locating the 3rd battery ? I will love to add 1 more too.

Tags
intent