Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2024, 07:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New tires for our 2019 Adventurer 27N?

It's time to replace our factory tires on our 2019 Adventurer 27N Class A i am hoping for an increase in comfort going down the road so radials may be the ticket. But which radials? Appreciate any help on this.
dougb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I went with these and have been very happy so far. Big improvement over the stock Goodyear tires. I went with the H load rating, 245/70R19.5
Old 01-31-2024, 09:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You don't have radial tires on it now?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 09:13 PM   #4
Site Team

You have radial tires now, of course you do.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
It's time to replace our factory tires on our 2019 Adventurer 27N Class A i am hoping for an increase in comfort going down the road so radials may be the ticket. But which radials? Appreciate any help on this.

When asking questions about tire changes it would REALLY help if people would post information on their current tires as not every RV has the same tires or even the same tire loading with the same model RV so include the most recent scale readings for each axle along with tire type, complete size info, ( Load range and dimensions) should be considered as minimum information.

By not providing all the above I can guarantee that some answers will not provide the tire information the OP is hoping for.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Getting close to buying new tires on my 27N Adventurer since the factory ones are wearing out now. The Goodyear tires which came on it are terrible in my opinion. The ride they give is truly awful. So I am looking to improve on the comfort factor by getting tires that do not cause major tremors in the rig when going over a small crease in the road.
If you have any recommendations on tires that provide maximum comfort, ( as much as tires can do), I would appreciate it. BTW I have great shocks and stabilizer.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocamper View Post
I went with these and have been very happy so far. Big improvement over the stock Goodyear tires. I went with the H load rating, 245/70R19.5
Hi wyocamper,
I'm curious why you went with the load range H. The G would meet the needs of the axle ratings, exceed the stock G670 245/70R19.5 ratings and might provide an even more comfortable ride.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:45 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Well, the G is a 225/70 and the H is 245/70, which is what I was replacing.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Ah, missed that...thanks!
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Tire comparison ?

Glad you are happy with the new tires.

However not sure haw valid a comparison of different "brands" is when you change Size and change Load Range (You didn't say if you also changed the cold inflation).

Having done controlled tire testing, I can confirm that it is possible to get a different "feel" in a car just by changing wheels even when the two different style wheels were identical size and we had swapped the tires so the 4 tires on wheel set A were the same exact 4 tires on the same position as set B.

Probably not the same response on a class-A RV but some people may incorrectly assume that the change in brand is the primary reason for the change in ride and handling you are experiencing.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Glad you are happy with the new tires.

However not sure haw valid a comparison of different "brands" is when you change Size and change Load Range (You didn't say if you also changed the cold inflation).

Having done controlled tire testing, I can confirm that it is possible to get a different "feel" in a car just by changing wheels even when the two different style wheels were identical size and we had swapped the tires so the 4 tires on wheel set A were the same exact 4 tires on the same position as set B.

Probably not the same response on a class-A RV but some people may incorrectly assume that the change in brand is the primary reason for the change in ride and handling you are experiencing.

Agree, but I didn't change size, the only difference is the load rating. I replaced the original Goodyear 245/70R19.5 tires with Cooper Work Series 245/70R19.5 tires that only come in H. I don't remember but pretty sure the GYs were G. I run the same pressure as I did in the old ones, 85 psi. The ride and handling are noticeably improved over the 7 y/o Goodyears, but it's still an F53 chassis and rough highways still suck. And I have the exact same model/floorplan as the OP.

Tags
tires, vent, adventurer