Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #1421
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Thank you! It’s all portable, contractor type stuff tucked away on shelves in my 2 car garage. With cars still able to park inside!
Yes it doesn't need to be a big shop to make sawdust or filings. Here is my portable workshop that is 8.5x14 and has to also house the Honda SxS UTV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210405-095510_Photos.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	178240  
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #1422
Winnebago Master

You’re my idol ! Very nice set-up.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #1423
Winnie-Wise

Well simply put, this shop-garage-trailer is always with me summer or winter. Had to be made as primary shop, and the Intent seems to get along with it as well.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:33 PM   #1424
Winnebago Master

I built a few cars in my tiny single car garage while living in Newport Beach.
Here’s a couple of ‘em... red car started as a solid car, but the kid I bought it from smashed the front end. Got sawzall? No problem!
Blue car came lowered, with a blown engine, and 6 months later turned into this monster.
Tubing bender bolted to the driveway, steel tube and surfboards hung from the ceiling. All my tools carefully crammed on one side wall.
You learn to make do with whatever space you have!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7E8FEF58-B894-4C0A-85D7-DBA51EF85A3C.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	178242   Click image for larger version

Name:	A5E0A543-2E69-4F08-9F3F-A885B35B74EA.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	178243  

Name:	4282073B-D41E-49E0-A836-C5CFD2531B13.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	178244   Click image for larger version

Name:	797368A9-4733-4187-9D84-CE06C193EE1C.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	178245  

Name:	C5EF394E-FB6E-4C58-8768-5E67F1EE3CEA.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	408.8 KB
ID:	178246   Click image for larger version

Name:	B38A4742-A3D2-4D22-B335-F0F0647BA66F.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	178247  

Name:	FA5342E1-4867-4566-B8DE-D648252859E4.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	405.4 KB
ID:	178248  
Old 04-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #1425
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Yes it doesn't need to be a big shop to make sawdust or filings. Here is my portable workshop that is 8.5x14 and has to also house the Honda SxS UTV.
Talk about “a place for everything and everything in its place”. You just redefined that.

My mods are different than that of you guys. I might think of a neat idea, but I don’t create anything. I just buy it and make it work.

You guys are actually building things—creating things from scratch, and to that, my hat is off...
Old 04-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #1426
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I built a few cars in my tiny single car garage while living in Newport Beach.
Here’s a couple of ‘em... red car started as a solid car, but the kid I bought it from smashed the front end. Got sawzall? No problem!
Blue car came lowered, with a blown engine, and 6 months later turned into this monster.
Tubing bender bolted to the driveway, steel tube and surfboards hung from the ceiling. All my tools carefully crammed on one side wall.
You learn to make do with whatever space you have!
With a past as that you must have been an inspiration to many. I always wanted to do an auto restore project. But never got around to it. Not enough time and too many other projects.

Great looking projects.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:16 PM   #1427
Winnebago Master

Quote:
With a past as that you must have been an inspiration to many. I always wanted to do an auto restore project. But never got around to it. Not enough time and too many other projects.

Great looking projects.
I’m surprised. With all the stuff you do, it seemed logical that cars would have been in the mix.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:22 AM   #1428
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I’m surprised. With all the stuff you do, it seemed logical that cars would have been in the mix.
Ha ha yes I'm a Jack of all trades, but masters of none for sure. Sure fun to mess around with a field that wasn't in your college curriculum.

Closest I got to restoring a vehicle was my new 1965 white Mustang, that constantly got its fenders in trouble. So I went to the local junkyard, got a used fender, and mounted it. Had a body shop then change it to white to match. Finally lost DL cause of too many fenders benders on record, then sold the Mustang, and eventually married my chauffeur that also had a white Mustang! My auto restoration days came to an abrupt end, amongst other interests.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #1429
Winnebago Master

Smile

Quote:
Ha ha yes I'm a Jack of all trades, but masters of none for sure. Sure fun to mess around with a field that wasn't in your college curriculum.

Closest I got to restoring a vehicle was my new 1965 white Mustang, that constantly got its fenders in trouble. So I went to the local junkyard, got a used fender, and mounted it. Had a body shop then change it to white to match. Finally lost DL cause of too many fenders benders on record, then sold the Mustang, and eventually married my chauffeur that also had a white Mustang! My auto restoration days came to an abrupt end, amongst other interests.
Sounds like you’ve got some interesting stories!
Old 04-06-2021, 09:50 PM   #1430
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Sounds like you’ve got some interesting stories!
Yeah, guess everyone has interesting stories. But I do remember my dad cautioning me to not maybe jump the gun and marry my the one driving me to work each day. I was actually going with a gal that my family loved before this episode. Problem was after going with her for two years, I was not really convinced she was the one. Well, after I switched to my chauffeur gal, we actually waited a whole 6 months before tying the knot. 53 years later, guess what, I'm her chauffeur as she doesn't want to drive our beautiful Intent!
Old 04-06-2021, 11:55 PM   #1431
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Yeah, guess everyone has interesting stories. But I do remember my dad cautioning me to not maybe jump the gun and marry my the one driving me to work each day. I was actually going with a gal that my family loved before this episode. Problem was after going with her for two years, I was not really convinced she was the one. Well, after I switched to my chauffeur gal, we actually waited a whole 6 months before tying the knot. 53 years later, guess what, I'm her chauffeur as she doesn't want to drive our beautiful Intent!
Nice backstory. Keep going....
Old 04-08-2021, 08:13 PM   #1432
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Talk about “a place for everything and everything in its place”. You just redefined that.

My mods are different than that of you guys. I might think of a neat idea, but I don’t create anything. I just buy it and make it work.

You guys are actually building things—creating things from scratch, and to that, my hat is off...

Yep you can believe this and all, but we sure am appreciative of your mods whether it be in the form of build or buy.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #1433
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hey Feiter,

I was looking at some older posts and this one resonated with me. I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same issue, but I had my rear driver side end cap become dislocated on several occasions. Always when leaving a driveway/ gas station after filling up, thus adding a LOT of rear end weight. I never even knew at first why it happened.

What occurred was the generator tail pipe “C” clamp would catch on the ground, and force it back into the rear tail piece cap and behind the metal trim, and snap that cap off, and bend the metal trim.

So I decided to reorient that tale pipe for the generator to the rear of the coach, since the center point doesn’t rock as much back and forth when the rig exists a driveway, as it does when to the side.

Solved my issue. See the pics. Make sense?
My corner looks just like yours did... Guess time to mod the exhaust pipe. What contact info for Winnie does most people use to get replacement parts?
Old 04-13-2021, 12:35 PM   #1434
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
My corner looks just like yours did... Guess time to mod the exhaust pipe. What contact info for Winnie does most people use to get replacement parts?
Sorry about the end cap. Happened to a lot of us.
Moved my generator exhaust to the rear, as the middle of the RV doesn’t dip side to side as much as the two side ends.
Now the lowest point is the skid plate. Winnebagoparts.com has worked well for me.

Take a photo (you’ll probably also need the white caps that conceal the screws).
Upload it to their inquiry website with your vin#

https://winnebagoparts.com/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	31F1AF29-1EC0-4E5D-9536-5D9FBCD2B85B.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	178319   Click image for larger version

Name:	2D853273-B52B-46F6-9431-206B07CEC9A4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	178320  

Old 04-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #1435
Winnie-Wise

Ok thanks again Wyatt. I see by the pictures that mod puts the skid plate as the lowest item and not the tailpipe clamp. Thanks also for the contact info.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:56 PM   #1436
Winnebago Owner

New Radio and Speakers

Installed the Jensen Car10 (Thank you YGoHom for inspiring & tips ) and Pyle 6" marine grade speakers this weekend. Wasn't very hard to do. Used the wiring harness from the pioneer and butt spliced it to the jensen wire harness (did not have to wire the back-up camera 12v and ground left it direct connect - original). Just match up the wires comparing between the 2 installation manuals. Love having apple car play and the bluetooth connection is strong. No longer have the issues streaming sirius through my phone. The sound is amazing and I never knew I had rear speakers in the ceiling-LOL, as they were not connected properly from the factory - resolved that issue.
Also, installed the piano hinges on the dinette and gun magnet to hold it open when accessing (thanks Wyatt ).
Next on list is to install the King outdoor speaker/light and the dash Led upgrades that Wyatt shared with us a few weeks ago. Have all the parts, now need to make time to do it. I know every week I will find several more items to add to my to do list. Really appreciate my fellow Intent owners sharing all of their cool mods and tips.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #1437
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
Installed the Jensen Car10 (Thank you YGoHom for inspiring & tips ) and Pyle 6" marine grade speakers this weekend. Wasn't very hard to do. Used the wiring harness from the pioneer and butt spliced it to the jensen wire harness (did not have to wire the back-up camera 12v and ground left it direct connect - original). Just match up the wires comparing between the 2 installation manuals. Love having apple car play and the bluetooth connection is strong. No longer have the issues streaming sirius through my phone. The sound is amazing and I never knew I had rear speakers in the ceiling-LOL, as they were not connected properly from the factory - resolved that issue.
Also, installed the piano hinges on the dinette and gun magnet to hold it open when accessing (thanks Wyatt ).
Next on list is to install the King outdoor speaker/light and the dash Led upgrades that Wyatt shared with us a few weeks ago. Have all the parts, now need to make time to do it. I know every week I will find several more items to add to my to do list. Really appreciate my fellow Intent owners sharing all of their cool mods and tips.
Good job! Are you installing those speakers outside?
Old 04-14-2021, 05:13 PM   #1438
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Good job! Are you installing those speakers outside?
The speakers pictured are mounted to the dash. I bought the speaker mounts on eBay to avoid cutting into the dash.
I have the King RV Media Bluetooth speaker with led light to install outside by the door. It replaces your outdoor light.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:03 AM   #1439
Winnebago Master

Solar panels

This weekend was our first real test dry camping with solar panels and it’s awesome! I have 400 watts wired in series parallel with a Victron 100/30 MPPT controller.
Southern CA beach camping with no trees or shade obstructions. It’s been a mix of hazy, sunny, overcast sky the last few days.
We’ve had both refrigerators on, charging laptops while working, charging phones, heater at night, water pump, lights, and ceiling fans. Today we had a group of friends with us, which means fridge doors left open, more lights, a lot of water pump usage.
The voltage right now at 10:50 pm is 12.76. I’d say that’s a success!
No generator needed!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1CA68CC8-4D85-4541-BF24-F8A93766B85B.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	178410   Click image for larger version

Name:	C9EA7CF1-501C-4079-B5CB-B0F9A64AAA29.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	178411  

Old 04-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #1440
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
This weekend was our first real test dry camping with solar panels and it’s awesome! I have 400 watts wired in series parallel with a Victron 100/30 MPPT controller.
Southern CA beach camping with no trees or shade obstructions. It’s been a mix of hazy, sunny, overcast sky the last few days.
We’ve had both refrigerators on, charging laptops while working, charging phones, heater at night, water pump, lights, and ceiling fans. Today we had a group of friends with us, which means fridge doors left open, more lights, a lot of water pump usage.
The voltage right now at 10:50 pm is 12.76. I’d say that’s a success!
No generator needed!
Congratulations, you cut the cable, and sounds very well indeed. I can't remember what and how many bats you settled with.

My bats are pretty much junk now as they won't even run the coffeemaker any longer. So guess I'm headed for some LifePo4's

Tags
intent