Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #1401
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
Looking closely at your upper picture of the manifold you have rubber hose attached with pex clamps, this is a potential leak as the pex clamps are not designed for rubber hoses. you need to replace the clamp with a worm drive screw automotive clamp on the rubber hose. We on the Vita/Porto and Navion view have been experienced water leaks with this improper clamping to the pex fittings.
I will have to look at that since that was what came from the Winnebago factory. Thank you for the comment.
PRullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:29 AM   #1402
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRullman View Post
I will have to look at that since that was what came from the Winnebago factory. Thank you for the comment.
Seems Winnebago is not willing to admit to their mistake, Our 2020 Vita has same issue. It usually starts with a slow drip. But drips over time can cause wood failures. On this site there is a couple of threads on the Navion and view with this same failure. Unfortunately I guess their connections are above the transfer electrical box and some have had those ruined. Best of luck to you. I have replaced the pex clamps and also upgraded to brass pex fittings where the rubber hose is attached.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:25 PM   #1403
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Seems Winnebago is not willing to admit to their mistake, Our 2020 Vita has same issue. It usually starts with a slow drip. But drips over time can cause wood failures. On this site there is a couple of threads on the Navion and view with this same failure. Unfortunately I guess their connections are above the transfer electrical box and some have had those ruined. Best of luck to you. I have replaced the pex clamps and also upgraded to brass pex fittings where the rubber hose is attached.
Curious, just what are those pex clamps supposed to be used on? Aren’t the blue and red water lines pex tubing?
Old 04-02-2021, 12:29 PM   #1404
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Curious, just what are those pex clamps supposed to be used on? Aren’t the blue and red water lines pex tubing?
Yes they are designed for the pex tubing only
Old 04-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #1405
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Yes they are designed for the pex tubing only
Got it. But aren't the water lines he's referring to PEX lines?
Old 04-02-2021, 07:21 PM   #1406
Winnebago Camper

Best GPS apps

Hey everyone. For anyone that uses a tablet or phone for navigation, what app are you using? I’d like to use abs iPad and there are many apps out there. They all seem to have their pros and cons. Looking for your suggestions.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:10 PM   #1407
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQueenBWG View Post
Hey everyone. For anyone that uses a tablet or phone for navigation, what app are you using? I’d like to use abs iPad and there are many apps out there. They all seem to have their pros and cons. Looking for your suggestions.
We use the Android tablet (our old one) and the App CoPilot GPS. You don't need cell service to use it as all the maps are loaded onto device. Good travels.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:17 PM   #1408
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Got it. But aren't the water lines he's referring to PEX lines?
I think he’s referring to the clear braided rubber lines in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B31B16DC-2B1C-404C-A776-6670A9B5322D.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	178194  
Old 04-02-2021, 10:20 PM   #1409
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Ah, and one like that is the one that blew off on mine with a PEX coupler, which I replaced with a stainless worn gear type.

Flooded the entire water bay pump house. I get this knock on our door. It’s a neighbor, she says, “is that supposed to be doing that?”.

I look out and it was like the elevator spewing blood in the Shining.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:35 PM   #1410
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Yes the White braided lines are rubber and not Pex, wrong clamp installed for that application. Shame On Winnebago.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #1411
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
We use the Android tablet (our old one) and the App CoPilot GPS. You don't need cell service to use it as all the maps are loaded onto device. Good travels.
Thanks! Any issues with it? The reviews looked half and half.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:26 PM   #1412
Winnebago Master

Cabinet pull out mod

I finally got around to joining you guys on this. Pretty fun project. Took 2 tries to get the slot widths just right so the plates don’t rattle around. Everything that was in that little cabinet next to the microwave fit on the shelf, plus a bunch more paper plates and bowls. I also made this section removable in case we get new dishes, I can pull it out and make a new one. Putting all the dishes here freed up the small cabinet for additional food storage. I got a couple plastic bins for the lower shelf for ???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6518FF43-2C30-472D-9BEE-483D512D0030.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	412.3 KB
ID:	178221   Click image for larger version

Name:	23CB387B-249A-4444-A26C-FFD092F60A99.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	178222  

Name:	AC29140D-3987-4968-8DF0-8E4A5CCE106E.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	178223  
Old 04-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #1413
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I finally got around to joining you guys on this. Pretty fun project. Took 2 tries to get the slot widths just right so the plates don’t rattle around. Everything that was in that little cabinet next to the microwave fit on the shelf, plus a bunch more paper plates and bowls. I also made this section removable in case we get new dishes, I can pull it out and make a new one. Putting all the dishes here freed up the small cabinet for additional food storage. I got a couple plastic bins for the lower shelf for ???
Not so sure I'll be going the group on this one. Your work is amazing! That's out of my league. What do you have at home, I mean I knew you had a metal shop, and a wood shop too?

Hat's off to you. Fantastic job. Inspiring, but I may have to leave the idea at that for now...
Old 04-03-2021, 09:56 PM   #1414
Winnie-Wise

No issues for my Samsung nor Google devices. Does take a couple of gigs because all of usa is included.
Or U CAN do just do states of interest.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:41 AM   #1415
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Wow, great job and looks nice. I liked the project because there were so many variables involved. One had to start with the quantity of STUFF one wanted to store in there, and then work backwards and design from there. As I was reading you.comments I was hoping you would say you designed it so it could be changed in the future, which you did say. Smart planning. I have to laugh at your Noah`s Ark plans. Two dishes, two wine glasses etc. Our approach is similar. If you're coming over for a wine, bring your favorite glass or you just may have to drink your wine in a disposable .
Old 04-05-2021, 08:55 AM   #1416
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Not so sure I'll be going the group on this one. Your work is amazing! That's out of my league. What do you have at home, I mean I knew you had a metal shop, and a wood shop too?

Hat's off to you. Fantastic job. Inspiring, but I may have to leave the idea at that for now...
Wyatt, I've seen enough of your expertise to disagree with you on this one. And, one doesn't need a full blown woodworking shop to do this rather simple project. While I am here in Arizona for 6 months away from my shops in Wisconsin, that doesn't prevent me from doing a little woodworking or metalworking. This winter while here in Arizona, I built for example, a three door overhead cabinet for my trailer and a concealed drawer for the existing front bench cabinet. For power tools I use a Black&Decker combination drill,circular saw, jig saw sander, etc., and a WorkX folding table. It's amazing what a few tools one needs to do simple projects.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #1417
Winnebago Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9aeg View Post
wyatt, i've seen enough of your expertise to disagree with you on this one. And, one doesn't need a full blown woodworking shop to do this rather simple project. While i am here in arizona for 6 months away from my shops in wisconsin, that doesn't prevent me from doing a little woodworking or metalworking. This winter while here in arizona, i built for example, a three door overhead cabinet for my trailer and a concealed drawer for the existing front bench cabinet. For power tools i use a black&decker combination drill,circular saw, jig saw sander, etc., and a workx folding table. It's amazing what a few tools one needs to do simple projects.
Exactly!!!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:52 AM   #1418
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Wow, great job and looks nice. I liked the project because there were so many variables involved. One had to start with the quantity of STUFF one wanted to store in there, and then work backwards and design from there. As I was reading you.comments I was hoping you would say you designed it so it could be changed in the future, which you did say. Smart planning. I have to laugh at your Noah`s Ark plans. Two dishes, two wine glasses etc. Our approach is similar. If you're coming over for a wine, bring your favorite glass or you just may have to drink your wine in a disposable .
Funny that you think there’s only 2 wine glasses! There’s 4 more adult sippy cups under the fridge. All for my wife, cuz I don’t drink. Too many migraines.
There’s actually 2 large melamine plates visible, then 4 more of some other microwave safe material, 4 small plates, and 6 bowls. Plus all the paper stuff.
Plan ahead and work backwards for sure!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:54 AM   #1419
Winnebago Master

Quote:

Thank you! It’s all portable, contractor type stuff tucked away on shelves in my 2 car garage. With cars still able to park inside!
Old 04-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #1420
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Funny that you think there’s only 2 wine glasses! There’s 4 more adult sippy cups under the fridge. All for my wife, cuz I don’t drink. Too many migraines.
There’s actually 2 large melamine plates visible, then 4 more of some other microwave safe material, 4 small plates, and 6 bowls. Plus all the paper stuff.
Plan ahead and work backwards for sure!
How does that saying go? What's visible to the eye is just the tip of the iceberg?

Tags
intent