Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #1581
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on the house sell! As a full time RVer now that offgrid solar setup on your 26M is going to pay dividends! Did you ever make a video describing how you did the install? 800 (8 panels) on top of the 26M seems like a tetris masterpiece!!
Kidikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 05:56 PM   #1582
Winnie-Wise

No, sorry I didn't. I should at least do a text version of the installation here. When I get settled, I will. Thanks for reminding me.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:25 AM   #1583
Winnebago Owner

Rv lock

Just installed Rv lock and when I close the door the dead bolt is getting hung up going in and out,doesn’t seem like I can move the latch around any,any help would be great
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #1584
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Just installed Rv lock and when I close the door the dead bolt is getting hung up going in and out,doesn’t seem like I can move the latch around any,any help would be great
Hi Broad ST,

Why can’t you adjust the striker plate position where the deadbolt engages?
Old 10-15-2021, 12:30 AM   #1585
Winnebago Camper

Thermostat upgrade

I have a 26M and want to know if there are any digital thermostats to replace the manual non digital one with? Maybe one that you can do from a mobile phone so if you're in bed and it's too cold or too hot or whatever you can change it without getting up?
mdntblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:33 AM   #1586
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
I have a 26M and want to know if there are any digital thermostats to replace the manual non digital one with? Maybe one that you can do from a mobile phone so if you're in bed and it's too cold or too hot or whatever you can change it without getting up?
Yes, it’s a fairly new product from Airxcel. Here’s a link, use the website to determine which model you will need.

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat
Old 10-15-2021, 06:59 AM   #1587
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I went with the cheaper RV Confort and don't like it. No back light.

But I believe Wyatt went with a third choice. Have to search his posts.

Denny
Old 10-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #1588
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Here it is. It does everything you are looking for. Oddly, it will only pair with my Apple iPad, not my iPhone.
Only other issue is that it’s more narrow than the stock tstat, so there will be two holes on either side that need to be hidden. I used a black faceplate as a backing.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D1A5C2C6-11A7-44A7-9BBE-FBAF70CE0CF3.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	181086   Click image for larger version

Name:	4FD2F257-E8E3-498C-83C6-F0FCD78A38CB.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	181087  

Old 11-08-2021, 07:23 AM   #1589
Winnebago Owner

Do you guys take your anode rod out of your hot water heater when you winterize? also who leaves there intent hooked up to there 30 amp year round if u have it? should i leave my fridge on during winter months while its plugged in? thanks
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #1590
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Hi Broad st.,

Unless you drain your hot water tank, which you should if you winterize, leave the sacrificial anode rod it to protect the tank.
Ours is hooked up 24/7 to 30 amps at home year round, and we leave our refrigerators on all of the time too. But if I winterized it, I’d shut both refrigerators off.
We live in CA and use our rig all year, which is why I don’t bother turning off the refrigerators.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:15 AM   #1591
Winnebago Owner

My 2020 Sunstar 27P came with two of these Airxcel from the factory. Have to say I don't like them as you have to cycle through the entire menu (in one direction only) if you want to change mode (fan, cooling, heating, off). Will be replacing at some point with a touch screen.

They are digital and do the job. Just not efficiently from an operator's perspective.
6cwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:26 PM   #1592
Winnebago Camper

Slide's not working correctly

Anyone know much about the slide controllers? I have 2 slides (Intent 26M).
We just went camping this week. Leveled the rig, back slide for bed went out fine. When I did the front slide only one side started going out so I stopped. Checked to make sure nothing was in the way and tried again, still only one side (the side with the refrigerator) would go out. So I stopped and tried to retract but it wouldn't do anything to retract. Each time I tried to go out only the one side.
So I took the covers off the controllers and checked voltage (13.6v) and I checked everything and it looked fine. Tried again, still same side would go out. Figured I either had a bad motor on the one side or a controller issue. Swapped the back controller for the front controller since the back worked fine, when I did that same thing, only the one side. At this point the one side is quite a bit of the ways out and I wasn't sure what to do.

I remembered I had a 12v booster battery pack so I put 12v power to the other motor (the one that wouldn't go out) and it came out just fine. At that point I had both sides about the same so I hooked the controller up again and tried to retract them. Nothing. Wouldn't retract either side. Swapped controllers again to see what would happen. Same thing only the one side would go out and neither side would go in. At this point I was done troubleshooting and so I just put both sides all the way out using the 12v power from my battery booster.

When we were ready to leave the campsite I hooked up both controllers the way it should be, and tried holding the "out" on both of them until I hear a click (like I've seen in some YouTube Videos) and tried to retract but nothing was working, only 1 side or nothing at all.

I manually had to retract both of them with my 12v battery booster by rocking them in little bit at a time to not let them get too off-kilter.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I am pretty certain this is not a controller problem as both controllers don't just go bad at the same time.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:48 PM   #1593
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
We just went camping this week. Leveled the rig, back slide for bed went out fine. When I did the front slide only one side started going out so I stopped. Checked to make sure nothing was in the way and tried again, still only one side (the side with the refrigerator) would go out. So I stopped and tried to retract but it wouldn't do anything to retract. Each time I tried to go out only the one side.
So I took the covers off the controllers and checked voltage (13.6v) and I checked everything and it looked fine. Tried again, still same side would go out. Figured I either had a bad motor on the one side or a controller issue. Swapped the back controller for the front controller since the back worked fine, when I did that same thing, only the one side. At this point the one side is quite a bit of the ways out and I wasn't sure what to do.

I remembered I had a 12v booster battery pack so I put 12v power to the other motor (the one that wouldn't go out) and it came out just fine. At that point I had both sides about the same so I hooked the controller up again and tried to retract them. Nothing. Wouldn't retract either side. Swapped controllers again to see what would happen. Same thing only the one side would go out and neither side would go in. At this point I was done troubleshooting and so I just put both sides all the way out using the 12v power from my battery booster.

When we were ready to leave the campsite I hooked up both controllers the way it should be, and tried holding the "out" on both of them until I hear a click (like I've seen in some YouTube Videos) and tried to retract but nothing was working, only 1 side or nothing at all.

I manually had to retract both of them with my 12v battery booster by rocking them in little bit at a time to not let them get too off-kilter.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I am pretty certain this is not a controller problem as both controllers don't just go bad at the same time.
I suspect a pinched or broken wire to the one motor. Seen it posted on the Winnebago Vita sight a couple of times. not familiar with your rig, but if it is motor driven and not hydraulic then Wiring would be my guess.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:11 AM   #1594
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
I suspect a pinched or broken wire to the one motor. Seen it posted on the Winnebago Vita sight a couple of times. not familiar with your rig, but if it is motor driven and not hydraulic then Wiring would be my guess.
Not sure how it would be that when I manually did all 4 motors with a battery. And I swapped controllers and the problem seems to follow and I also swapped each motor cable on the controller. I don’t think it’s wiring. It could be but highly unlikely.
Old 11-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #1595
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cwayne View Post
My 2020 Sunstar 27P came with two of these Airxcel from the factory. Have to say I don't like them as you have to cycle through the entire menu (in one direction only) if you want to change mode (fan, cooling, heating, off). Will be replacing at some point with a touch screen.

They are digital and do the job. Just not efficiently from an operator's perspective.
Do you have the Bluetooth version? The interface is easier…
Old 11-13-2021, 03:40 PM   #1596
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:

I already commented on this on the Intent Facebook page.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #1597
Winnebago Owner

No sir.
6cwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #1598
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cwayne View Post
No sir.
I was replying to someone else…
Old 11-30-2021, 07:00 PM   #1599
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Lipped step stabilizer

Been along time since I posted an upgrade…
I’m posting this here, as my install is specific to models such as the Intent that only have one step.
The Lippert step stabilizer is designed door two or three step models. But with a little DIY’ing, I made it work with our one step version.
The main difference being on a two step model, which they was designed for, the stabilizer gets connected to the middle step.
I don’t have that, only one step, so I connected to that bottom only step, but instead of mounting it towards the front, as the directions say, I mounted it all the way towards the back.
Why?
Several reasons. First, on a one step version the stabilizer would be too close to where one’s feet land before entering the coach, and you’d stub your toe on it.
Second, when the step comes out, if it’s too close to a curb lit could hit and damage both the steps and the stabilizer.
I also mounted it backwards, so that the knobs and pins that control height adjustment are facing the street, making it much easier to adjust when setting up. If I had a two step model that wouldn’t work, as the pins and height adjustment knobs would get smashed.
Anyway. It’s a nice stabilizing feeling. Our dog Wyatt appreciates the step not bouncing, and so do we.
It folds up when not in use under the step itself, (no photo of that but it’s flush inside the step).
30 minute install. Done.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08TJ36T...roduct_details
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	071E38C1-9AFC-4EC3-8479-9365C2334EE6.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	181407   Click image for larger version

Name:	4FF1F7D1-F6C2-40E0-8AD4-965F0E3C5D52.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	181408  

Name:	484A5272-CE1A-4C70-A712-0FF7B1AAC056.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	181409  
Old 12-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #1600
Winnie-Wise

Having to part waves with my Intent 26M

With sadness, Barb and myself decided to downsize our motorhome. This year we downsized our sumer home and upsized our Winter home to a Park Model Rv. The Intent was our Winter home. So not needing a large Class A for camping excursions, we downsized to a class B Ram Ethro Entegra. This will be our main vehicle for travel, which is more agile.

It has been a good ride on this forum, sharing ideas and making some real good friends. I will miss you all and the forum information.

God bless
Denny
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20211223_130026.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	181532  

Tags
intent