Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2021, 04:15 PM   #1601
Winnebago Owner

Glad you guys were here. Hope your future excursions are trouble free and memorable.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:33 PM   #1602
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
With sadness, Barb and myself decided to downsize our motorhome. This year we downsized our sumer home and upsized our Winter home to a Park Model Rv. The Intent was our Winter home. So not needing a large Class A for camping excursions, we downsized to a class B Ram Ethro Entegra. This will be our main vehicle for travel, which is more agile.

It has been a good ride on this forum, sharing ideas and making some real good friends. I will miss you all and the forum information.

God bless
Denny
Here you go Denny, We'll miss you, but I hate to see you depart upside down....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 4.31.43 PM.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	181581  
Old 12-30-2021, 07:25 AM   #1603
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Wyatt and for right-siding me up!
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:24 PM   #1604
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Intent sewer mod

Paying homage to the Intent thread. Here’s my latest sewer mod.
Well, I had some time today and good weather to take advantage of some unused space, and free up a cramped storage bay.
Moving the sewer tubes outside will make it easier to set up and deploy, as well as taking down and putting away.
Each tube holds two expandable Camco premium Rhino Flex sewer hoses connected together that expand to 10’ each for a total of 40’.
I like these hoses as they stay compressed on their own.
As you can see by the time-stamp in the photos, it was a 30 minute project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9ECF57F3-D7BE-46E8-9F42-1FB29F794FCF.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	181674   Click image for larger version

Name:	071ECF8D-5138-4789-8470-90097CA093A7.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	181675  

Old 01-08-2022, 11:36 PM   #1605
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Led radiantz license plate frames

And, for my short encore. Once I finished the sewer tube install , I swapped out the rear and front license plate frames with LED lighted ones.
The rear one supplants the old incandescent bulb, but the front one was never lighted, until now…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FB2E68AF-AB27-45F4-BEDF-488B07F458A2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	181676  
Old 01-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #1606
Winnebago Master

Quote:
With sadness, Barb and myself decided to downsize our motorhome. This year we downsized our sumer home and upsized our Winter home to a Park Model Rv. The Intent was our Winter home. So not needing a large Class A for camping excursions, we downsized to a class B Ram Ethro Entegra. This will be our main vehicle for travel, which is more agile.

It has been a good ride on this forum, sharing ideas and making some real good friends. I will miss you all and the forum information.

God bless
Denny

And another one moves on! It’s interesting, as we’ve all been pretty happy with our INTENT, it seems that maybe it’s just time for a change for many of us.

Happy travels!

-Robb
Old 01-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #1607
Winnebago Master

Hello all!
It’s been a little while since I’ve been in here. More good mods, as usual. The new owner of my INTENT is very happy and continues to get to know it and tweak to his liking.
My wife and I miss camping too much, so we bought a lil travel trailer to give it a shot. Looking forward to a nice quiet drive instead of the constant driving earthquake of a motor home!
Old 01-24-2022, 07:01 PM   #1608
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Hello all!
It’s been a little while since I’ve been in here. More good mods, as usual. The new owner of my INTENT is very happy and continues to get to know it and tweak to his liking.
My wife and I miss camping too much, so we bought a lil travel trailer to give it a shot. Looking forward to a nice quiet drive instead of the constant driving earthquake of a motor home!
Hi Rob, good to hear from you! I think you sold your Intent at the peak of the market as I’ve heard prices are starting to dip back down now that people are getting out and traveling in more traditional methods again.

We considered buying a travel trailer to pull behind my bronco, because it’s sort of nice to be able to park and then takeoff in your car. But my wife is hooked on the class A big screen window doesn’t wanna be stuck in the car with me for a long drive. I think our next step would just be a bigger class A but I’m not sure that’s in the cards anytime in the future as I haven’t even used this one enough. You never said where you move to??
Old 01-24-2022, 07:15 PM   #1609
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
And another one moves on! It’s interesting, as we’ve all been pretty happy with our INTENT, it seems that maybe it’s just time for a change for many of us.

Happy travels!

-Robb
Thanks Robbi, Yes we all have changes in our life that gives us crossroads to exam. We downsized to a Jayco Class B on a Ram chassis gas with even a RV King bed! (way too big for us, but hey).

We could do this as our Arizona winter home is now a Jayco Bungalow Park model instead of the Intent. So for short camping excursions the class B seems to be doing fine so far for us two. It certainly has a bunch of features; some my Intent didn't have. One feature so appreciative already, is that the wife Barb could drive me 30+ miles to the ER for a AFib breakout. She would not drive the Intent. Also going between winter home (Arizona) and Summer home (Wisconsin), she can help me drive. That will be nice.

Glad to hear your keeping with tradition and keeping camping alive. Gosh, camping has been in our lives since before marriage...... and that has been 5 or so decades ago!

Keep in touch here if you will. I like just checking and seeing what Wyatt and others are doing to our beloved Intent.

Denny
Old 01-24-2022, 07:30 PM   #1610
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Paying homage to the Intent thread. Here’s my latest sewer mod.
Well, I had some time today and good weather to take advantage of some unused space, and free up a cramped storage bay.
Moving the sewer tubes outside will make it easier to set up and deploy, as well as taking down and putting away.
Each tube holds two expandable Camco premium Rhino Flex sewer hoses connected together that expand to 10’ each for a total of 40’.
I like these hoses as they stay compressed on their own.
As you can see by the time-stamp in the photos, it was a 30 minute project.
I like Camco premium Rhino Flex sewer hose, so well, I think I bought the company! (well not exactly) But I have maybe 4 or maybe 5 now. I downsized to a class B, with means I don't have room for that many hoses for sure. Plus, it came with 1 Camco! Just saying, these are the only sewer hoses I would ever use. They are good....
Old 02-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #1611
Winnie-Wise

My Heart still is soft to the Intent even though i'm kind of a "trader" because of my recent sale of it, and into a Jayco Class B.

Saying this I just want ya all to know that I still check this site, just to see what's happening with the Intent modifications and improvement. Maybe some of these can be incorporated into my new vessel.

Happy Camping ya all !!
Old 02-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #1612
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
My Heart still is soft to the Intent even though i'm kind of a "trader" because of my recent sale of it, and into a Jayco Class B.

Saying this I just want ya all to know that I still check this site, just to see what's happening with the Intent modifications and improvement. Maybe some of these can be incorporated into my new vessel.

Happy Camping ya all !!
Great to hear from you! Did you have to construct an new fangled refrigerator latch, or did they finally figure that defect out?

The POC Danby refrigerator they used seems to be have issues with the door shelves cracking, and the pins that hold the shelves in place breaking off altogether. And, they’re not replaceable—not longer supported. Seems to be happening to a lot of them…
Old 02-02-2022, 11:17 PM   #1613
Winnebago Camper

We are ready for a larger MH and so we're selling our Intent 26M in like new condition. Took it on 6 local camping trips and each time we kept needing more room. Sad to see it go. 3800 miles. Brand new house batteries, just over 100 hours on generator.
https://rvsforsalebyowner.com/classifieds/3234/ If any of you have friends or family interested please let us know. We are in Southern California.
mdntblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #1614
Proud “No Intent” Owner

My wife keeps saying the same thing and I keep pushing back. Until we use this one more, you’re not getting a bigger one.🤬
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #1615
Site Team

Quote:
My wife keeps saying the same thing and I keep pushing back. Until we use this one more, you’re not getting a bigger one.��
Chicken and Egg problem Wyatt.

We had 25’ TTs and a 30’ Class C. My wife liked them and we used them but only up to a point. She would always feel like getting back home in the other RVs. I wanted the big Class A but after we got it my wife likes it so much that we travel further and stay longer. And she even says how much happier she is in the Adventurer.

One key for her was the washer and dryer. And the bath and a half. And the residential fridge. And the two A/C units… etc.

So, you might try listening to your wife on these things???
Old 02-03-2022, 08:16 AM   #1616
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Great to hear from you! Did you have to construct an new fangled refrigerator latch, or did they finally figure that defect out?

The POC Danby refrigerator they used seems to be have issues with the door shelves cracking, and the pins that hold the shelves in place breaking off altogether. And, they’re not replaceable—not longer supported. Seems to be happening to a lot of them…

Residential frig in my class B came with a door latch. Sorry to hear of the shelving problems. Seems more and more stuff are not supported very long anymore. I had to purchase a 3rd party front bumper for my UTV because original bumper is no longer available was told. Btw, 3rd party bumper appears better quality and strength than original. All this could be part of the new normal....
Old 02-03-2022, 11:41 AM   #1617
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Chicken and Egg problem Wyatt.

We had 25’ TTs and a 30’ Class C. My wife liked them and we used them but only up to a point. She would always feel like getting back home in the other RVs. I wanted the big Class A but after we got it my wife likes it so much that we travel further and stay longer. And she even says how much happier she is in the Adventurer.

One key for her was the washer and dryer. And the bath and a half. And the residential fridge. And the two A/C units… etc.

So, you might try listening to your wife on these things???
All good points. My main issue is if it doesn’t fit in our driveway, in the Bay Area, it’ll cost me ~$500.00 a month to store it. That’s the cost of another whole RV! And, it’s no longer available as our escape pod in a natural disaster.

And since I’m driving it, she stuck with it, for now…

I can see us in a 40’ down the road, once we retire, and want to park it at full hookup spots. Those features are pretty cool, no pun intended.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:25 PM   #1618
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone ever converted an Intent 26M dinette to a couch/bed and then put table mounts on the floor in front of the couch and made the dinette table removable? I thought I may have seen a pic on this forum but 81 pages is quite a lot to look through.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:44 PM   #1619
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdntblu View Post
Has anyone ever converted an Intent 26M dinette to a couch/bed and then put table mounts on the floor in front of the couch and made the dinette table removable? I thought I may have seen a pic on this forum but 81 pages is quite a lot to look through.
I may save you some time. I've never seen that in this tread. Closest I've seen was YGOHOM swapped out the dinette for two recliners.

You should grab a beer and read the entire thread. Lots of good stuff in there, just no bed conversion...
Old 02-07-2022, 02:46 PM   #1620
Winnebago Camper

Oh I've read through the entire thread a few times but was just wondering if someone had a pic or anything. Thanks I'll look for YGOHOM's posts.

Edit: found it https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3834413

Tags
intent