Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #1461
Winnebago Master

Denny,
I’ve been using these for years without issue, but I’ve heard Costco has even less expensive ones. Compared to LifePo4’s, 6v are almost throw-aways!

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sligc115
Old 04-22-2021, 08:02 PM   #1462
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Denny,
I’ve been using these for years without issue, but I’ve heard Costco has even less expensive ones. Compared to LifePo4’s, 6v are almost throw-aways!

Thanks ygohom for the info. So you're saying not much water maintenance?
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #1463
Winnebago Master

I think maintenance has a lot to do with usage, right? I’ve added water to previous ones, but it was pretty rare. Most checks were full. I try not to drain below 2 lights, and recharge right away. I was concerned how the solar power charging all the time would effect the water levels...I checked the other day and still full.

-Robb
Old 04-22-2021, 08:50 PM   #1464
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I think maintenance has a lot to do with usage, right? I’ve added water to previous ones, but it was pretty rare. Most checks were full. I try not to drain below 2 lights, and recharge right away. I was concerned how the solar power charging all the t would effect t encountering he water levels...I checked the other day and still full.

-Robb
Ok very encouraging from what I was used to with the Trogens. Will check further. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:29 PM   #1465
Winnebago Owner

Battery Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Yep I would imagine that mixing would not be the best. I will have to ponder what my next battery box will hold. I did a "load test" on my two Napa's and the two AGM's. The Napa's which load tested fine just 8 months ago, are junk today. They failed miserably. 10 seconds they were dropping off the cliff to 9 volts. The AGM's although tests strong in 10 seconds, don't have the power to run the 6 cup coffee maker. Voltage drops off the 11.3 to 11.1 sending the inverter into a real frenzy with all the noise it makes.

So there you have it. I miss the Golf Carts I had before. So I will be
following YoGoHm's results on water requirements and acid control. BTW what 6v Golf Carts did you end up with?

Little afraid of the Lithium's because of the temperatures I live in.
My two Napa’s are also at or nearing end of life. Was going to switch to AGMs to avoid having to add water. No solar installed yet as we don’t camp off the grid. What brand & model of AGM batteries did you buy and how are they performing? Debating between AGM or golf cart batteries (trade off to have to add water). Your thoughts or recommendations?
Old 04-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #1466
ottojf

I am late to the game. Did your unit come with passenger computer table. Ours does not have it and I would like to add it. I want to know if anyone has added one. Thank you.
ottojf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #1467
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Denny,

Thanks. YgoHom. I will price Cosco and Sam's for sure. Do you have any problems seeing the water level and fill them in that small battery area we have?
Old 04-23-2021, 09:21 AM   #1468
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
My two Napa’s are also at or nearing end of life. Was going to switch to AGMs to avoid having to add water. No solar installed yet as we don’t camp off the grid. What brand & model of AGM batteries did you buy and how are they performing? Debating between AGM or golf cart batteries (trade off to have to add water). Your thoughts or recommendations?
I have the VMAX 120ah that I got from Amazon 3 years ago for about $240 a piece. No I'm not happy with them. Tried to send them back but would have cost me $40, so I kept them. They are supposed to be one of the best reviewed AGMs, but all I can say is that they are maintenance free, but don't come even close to the golf cart batts they replaced.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:28 AM   #1469
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I think maintenance has a lot to do with usage, right? I’ve added water to previous ones, but it was pretty rare. Most checks were full. I try not to drain below 2 lights, and recharge right away. I was concerned how the solar power charging all the time would effect the water levels...I checked the other day and still full.

-Robb
Yes, I'm kinda thing now that maybe it was the charging system I had in the old coaches that maybe tried to overcharge the Trojan golf cart batteries, that was part of the problem.

Your solar controller should monitor itself and the state of the batteries so as not to over or under charge. Mine seems to do an excellent job with that and also schedules an occasional "equalizer " mode at times, when it does its 14.3 volt charge.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #1470
Proud “No Intent” Owner

[QUOTE=ottojf;3893657]I am late to the game. Did your unit come with passenger computer table. Ours does not have it and I would like to add it. I want to know if anyone has added one. Thank you.[/]

Yes. It should be located in the pocket on the wall of the passenger side.
It hooks under the metal dash bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B5F23FA3-6D71-410C-96BE-3F2DDF05AE08.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	178493   Click image for larger version

Name:	A0715E23-0053-4C48-A328-65F79680A0EE.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	178494  

Old 04-24-2021, 09:25 AM   #1471
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Thanks. YgoHom. I will price Cosco and Sam's for sure. Do you have any problems seeing the water level and fill them in that small battery area we have?
The battery compartment sux. A slide out tray should have been mandatory with all the crap covering the batteries. I did re-zip tie any wire that had any slack in it to get everything closer to the top of the compartment and away from the batts.

I can see the level in the front and use a mirror for the rear. To fill, I have to remove them. Not a big deal. I keep the battery handle that attaches to the sides for lifting in there too. I have wood spacers keeping them situated, as they have a different foot print than the Napa's. LifePo4's would be great, it's just a ton of cash that doesn't seem to be necessary.

I decided to spend it on the solar instead, because regardless of battery choice, they need to be recharged. With multiple LifePo4's I may get longer cycles, but still need the generator to charge them. I'd rather not use the generator at all, so I'll stick with cheap batts that stay fully charged by the sun!
Old 04-24-2021, 12:18 PM   #1472
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
The battery compartment sux. A slide out tray should have been mandatory with all the crap covering the batteries. I did re-zip tie any wire that had any slack in it to get everything closer to the top of the compartment and away from the batts.

I can see the level in the front and use a mirror for the rear. To fill, I have to remove them. Not a big deal. I keep the battery handle that attaches to the sides for lifting in there too. I have wood spacers keeping them situated, as they have a different foot print than the Napa's. LifePo4's would be great, it's just a ton of cash that doesn't seem to be necessary.

I decided to spend it on the solar instead, because regardless of battery choice, they need to be https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Flow-...D_BwErecharged. With multiple LifePo4's I may get longer cycles, but still need the generator to charge them. I'd rather not use the generator at all, so I'll stick with cheap batts that stay fully charged by the sun!
Yes agree... should have been o a slide typical of my last coach.

I think I will Google battery water systems such as this:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Flow-...hoCkB8QAvD_BwE

Also ran across this:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/EZ-Ba...BoCLE8QAvD_BwE

Just checked my Napa batteries. They are out of water. Filled front one ok, but back one I missed 2 cells. Oh well, they are broke anyway. Interesting, 7 months ago the water level was ok and I didn't need to add any water since I have had them.. Maybe it's because they are on the end of their life, is why they are so thirsty?
Old 04-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #1473
Winnebago Master

Mine did the same! Good until they weren’t! Then I officially killed em by overfilling in a hurry. They boiled over and stained my concrete a few hours later. That’s when I went back to 6v. Dummy.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:59 PM   #1474
ottojf

Post 645. We take delivery on Used 2018 26M on Monday. I would not sign intent to purchase until they agreed to install side cameras not sure what they are doing. I do not know if Pioneer was wired for this or not. I would like an independent review TV to monitor all of the time. Did you remove wire from Pioneer and wire into TV. If I had two tv's I wonder if I could split views to see left and right all of the time. Where did you get monitors and what models did you get.

I am sure I will have many more questions next week.

Thank You
[email protected]
Old 04-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #1475
Winnebago Master

RearView Safety monitor and cameras

This is from post #637...

Quote:
I have always used Rear View Safety items. I currently use the stock rear camera with a 7” display to the left of the gauge panel on top of the dash. I have a side camera and separate monitor that will go just to the right of the other one. No toggling views or small multi cam views here!
In one short sweep I can check the left mirror, rear monitor, and side monitor without really taking my eyes off the road.
Driving tight, winding roads through CA Redwoods and the Oregon Coast where you are inches away from ripping off the side awning and mirror have finally led me here.
If the INTENT is 101”, the lane is probably 103” with giant Redwoods as part of the lane. Los Angles and San Francisco bay area freeways can be a nightmare too!
Have I mentioned how much I hate Southern California? Born and raised and ready to get the F out!
End of rant
Old 04-24-2021, 03:46 PM   #1476
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojf View Post
Post 645. We take delivery on Used 2018 26M on Monday. I would not sign intent to purchase until they agreed to install side cameras not sure what they are doing. I do not know if Pioneer was wired for this or not. I would like an independent review TV to monitor all of the time. Did you remove wire from Pioneer and wire into TV. If I had two tv's I wonder if I could split views to see left and right all of the time. Where did you get monitors and what models did you get.

I am sure I will have many more questions next week.

Thank You
[email protected]
The factory radio is a Pioneer.
I unplugged the rear camera RCA's and plugged them into the new monitor to the left of the cluster, still using the rear camera. Then added another monitor to the right for the passenger side camera. I don't feel a driver side camera is necessary, cuz the mirror is right there. Looking all the way over to the passenger mirror can be dangerous in tight situations.
"RearView Safety" has all kinds of camera set-ups. Buy direct or on Amazon. You can have 4 views on one monitor, but they would be small. That's why I kept separate screens.

-Robb
Old 04-24-2021, 03:48 PM   #1477
ottojf

I'm back. Post 706. What radio did you install with Car Play

Thanks

John Otto
Old 04-24-2021, 04:08 PM   #1478
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojf View Post
I'm back. Post 706. What radio did you install with Car Play

Thanks

John Otto
John, I already answered this a few posts ago.

To make it easier for us to help out, please hit the quote button at the bottom of the post you’d like to discuss. It takes a long time to find the Post Number by scrolling the pages.
I suggest getting a pad of paper and pen and listing topics you’re interested in, such as CarPlay, or cameras, suspension, etc., and as you read through the pages here, write down the page & post number next to the matching topic so you can easily reference them later. There are often further discussions before and after a particular topic that get discussed in detail, but don’t have pictures to grab your attention.

Another great resource is the "SEARCH THIS THREAD" button in the red bar at the top of the page. Tap the arrow, type your key words and hit "go." Any posts with those words will display. It can be tricky due to spelling, like CarPlay. It depends on how someone wrote it.

I’ve been a contributor to this thread since page one (and earlier, before it became this thread ) and I still start at page 1 occasionally to refresh what we have all accomplished.
We’ve come a LONG way, and are still learning, tweaking, fixing, etc.
None of us will really be finished until we sell our current INTENT’s and start over with another model. It’s a never ending cycle.
A couple of our guys have moved up to monster diesel pushers even!

-Robb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D6E3E32-CC60-47B6-9D33-F06979DD0E16.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	178507  
Old 04-24-2021, 04:47 PM   #1479
Winnebago Master

That last post got me thinking about something...Where this thread came from. Some know that Bdub started it, but did you know that he actually started it here:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ek-353465.html

We spoke off-line and came up with the idea for an INTENT specific thread.
That's why the first page begins the way it does. He was able to drag some things over from the old thread and it gained momentum from there.

74 pages.
1,477 posts (about to be 1,478 )
77,572 views.

It's come a long way!

Bdub
Old 04-24-2021, 06:21 PM   #1480
Winnie-Wise

Sams Club golf cart batteries

Quote:
Mine did the same! Good until they weren’t! Then I officially killed em by overfilling in a hurry. They boiled over and stained my concrete a few hours later. That’s when I went back to 6v. Dummy.
I think these are your batteries from Batteries Plus. Here is what I found at Sams Club. (don't have a Cosco or membership here)

https://www.samsclub.com/p/duracell-...=plp_product_3

I think I will go with the auto watering system, as I don't like wrestling with these heavy things.

Tags
intent