Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #101
Winnebago Owner

I've got that. Love it. Although I bought it and had it shipped and installed by the dealer before I took possession of the rig, so I can't say what improvement over stock there is. I just no sure stays pointed in the direction I want, and I'm not making a bunch of movie reel type steering wheel movements.

Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Stabilizer Unit
Roadmaster RBK22 bracket kit

Bought both off of Amazon.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #102
Winnebago Master

I just learned that INTENTs built before March 2018 don't have the black tank flush that's advertised in the brochures.

For all you new RV owners...with this black tank design and plumbing, I highly recommend getting a clear elbow to put between the ABS drain pipe and your sewer hose. It takes quite a bit of water to flush the tank before you see the water go clear.

Also, this may be common sense, but if not, after dumping, any water you put in the tank with your choice of chemical pod or deodorizer, must first fill the drain plumbing before it backs up into the tank to keep any new solids from sitting on a dry tank floor.

This isn't an issue on RV's that drain directly from the tank. It's definitely an issue on the 26M.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #103
Winnebago Owner

Thinking very seriously about putting in the tornado black tank flush system as a result of your posts Robb
Old 03-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #104
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
I've got that. Love it. Although I bought it and had it shipped and installed by the dealer before I took possession of the rig, so I can't say what improvement over stock there is. I just no sure stays pointed in the direction I want, and I'm not making a bunch of movie reel type steering wheel movements.

Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Stabilizer Unit
Roadmaster RBK22 bracket kit

Bought both off of Amazon.
Dang auto correct...I know she stays pointed in the direction I want....
Old 03-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #105
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Thinking very seriously about putting in the tornado black tank flush system as a result of your posts Robb

Yup. Me too. Coming up on the To Do list quickly. I have to finish the air bags in the rear this weekend. Then we're taking off for a week to the central California coast. Ventura, Morro Bay, and some wine in Paso Robles.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #106
Winnebago Owner

Wow. Just realized the speakers for the stereo are 30watts. That's crazy weak. Gonna swap out some Pyle marine speakers with leds... That will help with the ambient lighting situation at night too.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #107
Winnebago Owner

Ugh....went to convert the table to bed to see if our pup will prefer that when we're driving and the little guide piece that the table leg rests in popped out of the floor. Time for some wood shims and liquid nails to get her anchored back down.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #108
Winnebago Master

Spare tire

I finally finished the spare tire mount. I picked up a tire/rim from Offer Up for $80 and an LED light on Ebay for about $15.
The mount is off center to leave access to the wiring plug for towing, but the wheel is centered on the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190330_164637.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	171332   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190330_175016.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	171333  

Old 04-01-2019, 10:33 PM   #109
Winnebago Watcher

Intent 31P overhang length and rear corner height?

Closest Intent dealer is 2.5 hrs away. Before heading down there was hoping to see if it can make it up angled driveway.

Can someone with a 31P measure length from center of rear tire contact patch with road to back corner of coach? As well as the back corner of coach height from ground?

That would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Intent rear height and length.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	171337  
LinSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #110
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinSpin View Post
Closest Intent dealer is 2.5 hrs away. Before heading down there was hoping to see if it can make it up angled driveway.

Can someone with a 31P measure length from center of rear tire contact patch with road to back corner of coach? As well as the back corner of coach height from ground?

That would be much appreciated.
I think most of the posters are 26m drivers...hope someone responds quickly though.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #111
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Another beautiful and well done job! Wish I had half your talent. So, an update from me. Spent 2 nights in Vegas and actually enjoyed the drive despite some challenging wind. 598 miles round trip. Did find a few minor issues like loose screws and broke the door has tube for second time. So, Saturday I purchased 2010 Chevy Equinox automatic as Toad and have following on order: Blue Ox Tow Bar and Baseplate, Toad taillight add on, Brake Buddy, Blue Ox coiled connector, Hopkins Brake Buddy battery maintainer and cover for Tow-bar! Whew, tapped out! A lot of work ahead as plan to install all myself. Any pointers appreciated. Did I miss anything?
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #112
2018 Intent 26M Owner

BTW, have monitor mounted same as you and now always on and loved having it for Vegas trip. Will really be great with new Toad although wondering if stock camera is positioned to show behind Toad. Camera position not adjustable right?
Old 04-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #113
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Equinox fuse bypass

Just ordered another item for the Toad. Chevy says have to pull fuse #32 so just ordered a switch to allow easy fuse bypass...cool, why remove go $60 item?
Old 04-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #114
Winnebago Owner

2 weeks away

From snowbirding north to New England from Florida for first time in 2018 30’ Intent.
For comfort, I’ve switched out the mattress, shower head, and added gadgets to make life easier for the dachshunds and I. In fact, a handyman made a nifty ramp that with the door open extends all the way out to ground step when off the rectractable one. When needing to close door, bottom half of ramp has a hinge that flips up and out of the way.
As I continually bring more stuff to load I’m reminded of problems that can arise from weight issues.
Once finished loading and close to leaving time, I need to get him weighed.
I’ll be pulling a car.
Have no spare tire. Think I’ll be taking my chances for now.
The seasonal campground in NH doesn’t open until 5/10 but since selling my home quicker than expected, heading up to park in a friend's driveway.
I have the necessary adaptor from 30 to household and long outdoor extension cord.
Once at camp, WiFi and cable are included so decided against the directv dish.
Any other thoughts from you all as to what I should be considering would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #115
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
BTW, have monitor mounted same as you and now always on and loved having it for Vegas trip. Will really be great with new Toad although wondering if stock camera is positioned to show behind Toad. Camera position not adjustable right?

You're not going to see much behind the toad. Doesn't really matter as that's where your mirrors kick in. You will see on the sides, and that you're centered in your lane...and that the toad is still there
Depending on the length of your tow bar, you may see bar and connections to the baseplate.

With my bumper and extended hitch and the Ready Brute Elite towbar, I can see the brake line activating up front and about a foot above the rear of my 2 door Jeep wrangler at the back.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #116
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Just ordered another item for the Toad. Chevy says have to pull fuse #32 so just ordered a switch to allow easy fuse bypass...cool, why remove go $60 item?
Thought I read in the article you sent that it’s fuse 16 you pull for equinox so as to avoid wabbling.
Did you notice that?
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #117
Winnebago Master

Just finished a 750 mile trip up the California coast. Full tank of gas and fresh water really adds weight and makes the front end float. Steering was a nightmare. White knuckles for much of the trip.

I've already done the CHF front/ rear, Safety Steer stabilizer, alignment, and played with tire air pressures. Rear air bags too. Tried Bilstein shocks...horrible ride. Sent them back for a full refund.

I'm adding a rear track bar on Saturday, as well as having the caster checked again, but this time with a full load. Hoping to add some caster shims to clean up the steering.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190402_120354.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	171382  
Old 04-10-2019, 05:15 AM   #118
Winnebago Owner

That sounds pretty scary!
I just loaded my 2018 up and pulled the car to a truck scale before heading to a friend’s rv lot before making the 4/17 trek to Southern Maine.
Praying I don’t experience what you did.
Keep us posted on what the problem was, and how it’s resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Just finished a 750 mile trip up the California coast. Full tank of gas and fresh water really adds weight and makes the front end float. Steering was a nightmare. White knuckles for much of the trip.

I've already done the CHF front/ rear, Safety Steer stabilizer, alignment, and played with tire air pressures. Rear air bags too. Tried Bilstein shocks...horrible ride. Sent them back for a full refund.

I'm adding a rear track bar on Saturday, as well as having the caster checked again, but this time with a full load. Hoping to add some caster shims to clean up the steering.
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #119
Winnebago Owner

Hey guys,im trying to undersand this electrical thing.this will be our first trip this weekend.The inverter switch,if I wamt to turn on my fridge that morning before we leave,do I turn on the 12v in the basement and the inverter ,does that run the fridge off the house batteries? Or do i just plug the coach in from the 30 amp,or what,new to this whole thing,trying to understand it.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #120
Winnebago Master

1st...the battery disconnect switch needs to be in the ON position, regardless of power source. Only turn it off for storage in case of a parasitic battery drain.
2...if at home, get an adapter that allows you to plug your 30 amp cord into, and the other end into a standard 110v outlet.
This way your batteries are being charged while also having full power to the coach...well almost full power...do NOT run the AC as the adapter will get hot and possibly melt. (Been there)
3rd...if no shore power, turn on the inverter to run the fridge. This will drain the batteries, but not in a day. When you start driving the batteries will recharge.

Also, if dry camping, and using the inverter you will need to turn on the generator to replenish the batteries. BEFORE turning on the generator, turn OFF the inverter. If not it may trip the internal breaker on the inverter. I've done it twice. You'll know it tripped because the green light will be on, but the fridge is dark.
To fix, leave inverter ON and push the reset button on the inverter itself. Mine is located directly below the kitchen sink. Remove the screws holding down the false floor and it's under there.

I hope this all makes sense.

Tags
intent