Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #201
Winnebago Owner

Just got bac k from a 2 night trip,still having issues,imagine that.Now the drivers seat wont swivel,fixed the passenger seat last time we had it there,when i power the tv on in the kitchen it turns on the tv in bedroom and changes the channel too when i flip channels in the kitchen.When i cut off the generator for the night and cut the inverter on had to remove the panel ubder the sink and reset it,it did work then but when i wanted to cut the inverter off ,it wont cut off,does the switch set in the middle position to go right or left to cut on/off?mine will only push to the left where the green light s on,dont see how it cuts off.Also under mine where the gas tanks and ll the connections for the jacks are ,the lines and fittings are all rusted out,anybody elses like that?First time ive went and filled the fresh water tank,when i drin the blck water and gry water liness does the fresh drain too?Or do i have to run the fresh out of all the faucets before i dump ?Does anybody tie there awnings down? wind looks like it could tear it up,Im getting beyond frustrated,Thanks for any responses,also what do you think i would lose now if i wanted to sell it ?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #202
Winnebago Owner

The inverter switch is hold to on, you'll hear a faint chime and the green light will light up. To turn it off, hold the switch down and listen for the chime again, then when you release the switch, the green light will turn off. Hope that helps. Also, to make sure I'm not tripping the inverter, I wait until the genie or shore power is disconnected before I try to power up the inverter.

I haven't noticed rusted out connectors where you're mentioning, but the clamp that holds my exhaust pipe to the generator rusted and failed. The genie exhaust pipe was hanging on by the clamp nearest the side of the wall. Haven't replaced that yet, but will work on it when I get back from our beach weekend.

If you want to completely drain your fresh water, there is a drain valve in the plumbing bay (the compartment with the pumps and plumbing next to the tailgate bay). Make sure you're level to get a good drain.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #203
Dr.Hoopty

I do the same with my inverter as well. I’ve tripped it twice and it is inconsistent on when it trips so I just make sure that everything is off or disconnected. My TV remote does the same thing too. If you swing the bathroom door open it does that less often. It’s not a big deal to me or my wife. When we go out in our coach we don’t watch much TV. The cables do stretch on the front seats so they do have to be adjusted occasionally. Yeah it’s a pain but after a couple of adjustments they don’t change. I’m a mechanic so this doesn’t bother me. RV’s are always a work in progress no matter how much you spend. Also on the rust, they’re built in a salt state and transported in the winter so you’ll see some corrosion. I’m in California and it’s nonexistent here but that’s just how it works sometimes. Rusted out means perforated and lack of integrity and surface corrosion isn’t that but after 10 years it may lead to that. I forgot on the awning, it’s real windy here in Northern California especially on the coast. I’ve had the awning flip on to the roof but since it’s setup with shock arms it didn’t get damaged thankfully. You could tie it with weight bags like you would with an EZ-UP but then it might twist or break the arms. You just have to mindful the wind and weather and what direction you’re parked. If we leave where the RV is parked I put the awning in. My $.02
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #204
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Longview TX trip Update

Only 485 miles to home but wind has been horrible so we are staying a second night here in Benson AZ. Wind has been gusting to 45 mph here for over 3 hours now. Glad not driving. Have had only 3 incidents in 2750 miles: battery in Toad was doa in Longview and at day 8 not sure why other than drove extra 2 hours. I do have battery charger hooked up and have to find out why it didn’t do job; 15 amp glass fuse blew in my RVI3 in Toad ( May have been due to AAA jump start as was hooked up) and I didn’t even know fuse was there so took too long to get fixed. Would have carried spare like I do other fuses for engine and coach. Drove about 250 miles with no brake; got LOW tire pressure warning on my TPM System for outside rear tire. Looks like combination of the sensor on 45 degree valve stem extension and vibration caused stem to loosen and lost 50# pressure. With no compressor and need to remove wheel cover to get off had to drive about 20 miles to truck stop. Thankful for TPS as I felt nothing before or after warning

So, not bad actually especially when reading about everything others are encountering!
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:43 PM   #205
Winnebago Master

I'm happy you're having a safe trip! Has the wife been converted to the traveling life yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Only 485 miles to home but wind has been horrible so we are staying a second night here in Benson AZ. Wind has been gusting to 45 mph here for over 3 hours now. Glad not driving. Have had only 3 incidents in 2750 miles: battery in Toad was doa in Longview and at day 8 not sure why other than drove extra 2 hours. I do have battery charger hooked up and have to find out why it didn’t do job; 15 amp glass fuse blew in my RVI3 in Toad ( May have been due to AAA jump start as was hooked up) and I didn’t even know fuse was there so took too long to get fixed. Would have carried spare like I do other fuses for engine and coach. Drove about 250 miles with no brake; got LOW tire pressure warning on my TPM System for outside rear tire. Looks like combination of the sensor on 45 degree valve stem extension and vibration caused stem to loosen and lost 50# pressure. With no compressor and need to remove wheel cover to get off had to drive about 20 miles to truck stop. Thankful for TPS as I felt nothing before or after warning

So, not bad actually especially when reading about everything others are encountering!
Old 05-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #206
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Just got bac k from a 2 night trip,still having issues,imagine that.Now the drivers seat wont swivel,fixed the passenger seat last time we had it there,when i power the tv on in the kitchen it turns on the tv in bedroom and changes the channel too when i flip channels in the kitchen.When i cut off the generator for the night and cut the inverter on had to remove the panel ubder the sink and reset it,it did work then but when i wanted to cut the inverter off ,it wont cut off,does the switch set in the middle position to go right or left to cut on/off?mine will only push to the left where the green light s on,dont see how it cuts off.Also under mine where the gas tanks and ll the connections for the jacks are ,the lines and fittings are all rusted out,anybody elses like that?First time ive went and filled the fresh water tank,when i drin the blck water and gry water liness does the fresh drain too?Or do i have to run the fresh out of all the faucets before i dump ?Does anybody tie there awnings down? wind looks like it could tear it up,Im getting beyond frustrated,Thanks for any responses,also what do you think i would lose now if i wanted to sell it ?

The inverter switch always rests to the right. Just as you push and hold to the left for it to turn ON, you do the same to turn it OFF. Press and hold.

Is it possible that you have the TV remotes switched? We don't have any issues with ours. We often watch both TV's on different channels and the remotes have never operated the other TV.

Awning...be safe...ALWAYS put it away during the wind and when you leave. You may even feel more comfortable retracting the slides during heavy winds. The noise that the little awning toppers makes really makes it seem worse than it is. Many people stuff foam or small rubber balls in the gap to cut down on the flapping. It really works!

The fresh water...you don't need to drain it, unless you want to. Whatever you don't use will be there ready the next time. If you open the door where the water control valves are, the diagram is pretty clear...once you determine the location of the key items.

The rust underneath...mine is rusty all over the place. Everywhere that Winnebago welded a new piece of metal to the frame is rusted. Many of the gussets that were welded in are raw steel. Like Dr. Hoopty, I'm also in CA and rust is an issue. BUT, it's no different than any other RV I've had.

Many of the issues you have described are not specific to your INTENT. They are just part of owning an RV, many aren't really issues.

I mean no disrespect, but I think it's your lack of understanding how the different components operate, and for that I completely blame your salesman.
I believe you would have benefited greatly from a much more thorough walkthru from your salesman when you took delivery. Recording it on your phone would have been a great future reference as well.
Have you read the instruction manuals yet? Just flip through the pages and read each item. They are pretty well written and should give you the knowledge you seek.

We spoke on the phone a while before you purchase the RV. Give me a call if you'd like to talk a bit more.

-Robb
Old 05-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #207
Winnebago Owner

Well crud...my little outside fridge is is not working. The outlet isn't getting juice either. Checked the circuits (FYI the outside fridge and tv share the same circuit as the inside fridge and tv). Those are fine. The outside tv works, so I plugged the fridge power into that outlet, still no joy. So both the outlet that the fridge plugs into and the fridge itself isn't working. Odd.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #208
Winnebago Owner

I get that book out all the time and try to refer to it.But when all this stuff keeps breaking,its ridiculous,drivers seat wont swivel now,half the front grill has come totally loose.still have the leak on the front dash when it rains hard,no dash ac yet,im not fixing something thats new and winnebago has really pissed me off when i called them,Sent them a email 2 weeks ,no response yet,I really appreciate all you guys giving me your feedback on my issues.But when I take this back to the dealer on june 24th for all these issues,Im going to be picky as hell,about everything.One more thing when i drained the black tank ,its says still 1/3 full,and nothing else is coming out,whats up with that?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:13 AM   #209
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
I get that book out all the time and try to refer to it.But when all this stuff keeps breaking,its ridiculous,drivers seat wont swivel now,half the front grill has come totally loose.still have the leak on the front dash when it rains hard,no dash ac yet,im not fixing something thats new and winnebago has really pissed me off when i called them,Sent them a email 2 weeks ,no response yet,I really appreciate all you guys giving me your feedback on my issues.But when I take this back to the dealer on june 24th for all these issues,Im going to be picky as hell,about everything.One more thing when i drained the black tank ,its says still 1/3 full,and nothing else is coming out,whats up with that?
On the black tank issue, I have watched some posts on YouTube (I love RV life and fitrv have some really good vids on black tank issues). I recommend them for sure. It could be almost anything, to not being level when you drain, to a little piece of tissue or something has attached itself to the sensor and is making it think it's under water. After watching those videos, I have completely banned the use of the head for number 2 unless we boondock. If we are staying in a park that has toilets...that's where number 2 goes down (couldn't resist that one). I think it was YGOHOME that also noted how poorly designed the drainage out of the black tank is...leading to more clogging issues.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:36 PM   #210
Dr.Hoopty

On the black tank issue.... We use the bathroom a lot so here’s what we do. To start off on a dry tank add 10 gallons of water. Use the bathroom as normal. When it’s dump time we add 5 more gallons before we do the poop drop. I let it run until it’s virtually done,add 5 more gallons of water, it’ll be almost clear when it’s done draining everything. We then dump the gray and while that’s draining we add 3-4 more gallons of water to black tank with about 1/4 cup or so of the Rid-X septic tank cleaner,(brown crystals). We let that sit in the tank until we use the RV again. That’s usually about every other weekend from March to October for us. When we go back out again we add 6-8 gallons of water so it’s back up at 10. That stuff keeps the tank real clean, not stinky and my sensors work pretty good. Also use single ply TP too. You NEVER want to have a dry tank, it’ll never really be clean and it sure can stink! It’s kind of a pain but with 2 people it’s real fast and easy.
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #211
Winnebago Owner

Saw an Intent this morning heading east on 12 as we were heading west coming back from Biloxi Beach. I flashed my high beams enthusiastically. Second time I've seen a fellow intender.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #212
Winnebago Owner

Ok... so after our long weekend I came away with two questions in hoping somebody can help with. Everytime we would boil water for coffee the smoke alarm near the door would go off. We had the galley window open and the exhaust fan running.... Any tricks I can try?

Also, how can I run the AC unit when on the move? I'm guessing an upgraded inverter is required? Is that right?
Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #213
Winnebago Master

Unfortunately they didn't go with an exhaust hood on the INTENT. We open the kitchen window and the one over the table for cross flow, and both fans on. It still occasionally trips the alarm.

For the rear AC, it's very common to run the generator while driving down the highway, powering the AC. An inverter isn't going to get it done.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:54 PM   #214
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Unfortunately they didn't go with an exhaust hood on the INTENT. We open the kitchen window and the one over the table for cross flow, and both fans on. It still occasionally trips the alarm.

For the rear AC, it's very common to run the generator while driving down the highway, powering the AC. An inverter isn't going to get it done.
Thanks much! We'll give both windows a shot and both fans too. Well I guess I gotta get cracking on reattaching my generator exhaust pipe for the ext trip to get the AC on. It's hotter than all get out down here in Louisiana and it's only gonna get worse!
Old 05-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #215
Winnebago Master

Keep in mind that the gas line feeding the generator is near the 1/4 tank mark. If you fall below that the generator will run out of gas. It's a afety feature so you don't run out of gas dry camping.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #216
Winnebago Owner

By the way, YGOHOM, we'regiving serious thought to replacing the dinette with a jackknife or hide a bed sofa. What were the major hurdles for you when took out yours?
Old 05-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #217
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Keep in mind that the gas line feeding the generator is near the 1/4 tank mark. If you fall below that the generator will run out of gas. It's a afety feature so you don't run out of gas dry camping.
Roger that. I learned that lesson in my driveway when I first drove it home. I had maybe an eight of a tank left when I rolled up on my casa. Next day I was getting in it to show it off. Couldn't get the generator to start up. I was thinking...aw man...generator couldn't have busted...it was just yesterday we cranked it up during the walk through at the dealer...I must be doing something wrong...cracked open the reading material and realized my fuel level was the problem.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 PM   #218
Winnebago Master

No hurdles. Easy.
I completely disassembled each piece and put in the rafters of my garage so I can put back to stock if needed. I took a $3000 hit on my last RV trade-in because I sold the dinette on Craigslist.
Open the forward facing seat bottom and remove the screws holding the extra box down. Then you'll see the wiring that you have to work around.
I killed all the power and disconnected the couplers. Then put the new seat base in place and ran the cables on top of the metal seat frame, and then reconnected them. It was very simple and clean. I didn't re-use the wood cover.

-Robb
Old 05-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #219
Winnebago Master

Actually, there were a couple of hurdles.

First, when you remove the seat back near the fridge, that cabinet is unfinished. Check my pictures for the finished product. I glued black speaker box carpet to an 1/8" sheet of masonite and used small finish nails to attach to the cabinet frame.

Next are the seat belts. I don't need them so I put them in a box. I think they were assembled before the Slide was put into place, because the bumper bolts come in from the bottom and are too long to be removed. I didn't want to cut them off and remove because I wouldn't be able to re-use them in the future. So, I used a 2x4 laying flat, along each edge, marked all the bolt locations and then used a spade(?) bit to drill recesses in the bottom side of the 2x4 as clearance for the bolts. I covered the wood with the same black carpet.

The next one are the holes left near the front edge of the slide from the dinette attachment. I did a pretty good job of pushing the linoleum back into the holes, but you can still see them. Also, hopefully your flooring was attached to the slide base better than mine. There are a hundred staples that didn't go deep enough and the linoleum is unraveling along the front underside edge. I don't have a good solution for this yet, but I have a pretty thick rug in front of it that covers it.

I hope this helps.

-Robb
Old 05-28-2019, 07:20 PM   #220
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
No hurdles. Easy.
I completely disassembled each piece and put in the rafters of my garage so I can put back to stock if needed. I took a $3000 hit on my last RV trade-in because I sold the dinette on Craigslist.
Open the forward facing seat bottom and remove the screws holding the extra box down. Then you'll see the wiring that you have to work around.
I killed all the power and disconnected the couplers. Then put the new seat base in place and ran the cables on top of the metal seat frame, and then reconnected them. It was very simple and clean. I didn't re-use the wood cover.

-Robb
Thanks very much! Something to kick around. Great tip on not parting with it to put it back to stock.

Tags
intent