Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #61
2018 Intent 26M Owner

“Nawlins” will be a great trip. Hope you already have reservations ������
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #62
Winnebago Owner

Oh yeah...all booked at St Brenard State Park. We are psyched! Congrats on your anniversary by the way!
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #63
Winnebago Owner

Ok... So just got off the phone with Winnebago and apparently they didn't supply bolts and hardware to attach the front license plate bracket and have no idea what size or bolt pattern the nuts that are welded to said brackets take. I'm pretty taken aback at this lack of insight on this detail. Looks like me and the bracket have a date at Lowe's coming up
Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #64
Winnebago Owner

i just took mine back to the dealer last week,left that license plate bracket for them to put on,my gray decal on passenger side was coming off,leak on the front dash from ceiling above,back slide out wouldnt work sometime.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #65
Winnebago Master

So, this license plate frame you guys speak of...I wasn't given anything. Where is it supposed to mount?
I just bolted mine at the bottom of the mesh grille. ??

Broad St...
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. I hope they're fixed quickly.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

My brackets was in a box in the bedroom closet,didnt know what they was til i think bdub told me what they was,I not sure how they mount ,hope they put them on for me while they have it.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:36 PM   #67
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
i just took mine back to the dealer last week,left that license plate bracket for them to put on,my gray decal on passenger side was coming off,leak on the front dash from ceiling above,back slide out wouldnt work sometime.
Broadst, sorry to hear about the leak. Any ideas? Is it where the front cap meets the roof? Hope they find it, fix it, and get it back to ya quick!

YGohom, it's a two piece bracket. One is an l-shape and it is what the license plate attaches to. The other piece sits on the ledge of the front bumper. The l bracket then gets bolted through the front lip, into the flat piece. If you feel the underside of your front at the midpoint, you'll feel two holes spaced about 8 inches apart. Those holes are for the bolts to attached the l bracket to the flat. Stand by for pics.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #68
Winnebago Owner

Here's a pick of the two pieces for the left on license plate bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1335.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	171078  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #69
Winnebago Master

That's what those are for? The dealer had no idea what they were. "Maybe extra pieces from the radio?" they said.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #70
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
That's what those are for? The dealer had no idea what they were. "Maybe extra pieces from the radio?" they said.
Yep! My dealer had no idea what they were for either. I thought they were something for the fridge or something. But when I looked at Lichtsinn.com (they have great videos on our rigs by the way). There is a shot from a stock Winnebago video with a family walking toward their intent. The front bumper caught my eye and I did a test fitting. Bingo. The point of the flat piece is shaped to follow the point of the middle of the front fascia.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #71
Winnebago Owner

Hi.
I took my new 2018 Intent 30r to a local campground for a few days so as to get a feel for what is needed in there.
One thing for sure is the need to darken the coach when a) it’s very hot and humid out and b) if I want to sleep in.
This bus comes with shades that are not room darkening but they’re very nice and I don’t want to have to replace.
Any ideas on hanging room darkening curtains (which I’ve found on amazon) in that little space between valance and shade?
Thank you.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #72
Winnebago Owner

Also, what kind of roadside assistance do you all recommend for my coach?
Thank you.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #73
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirSage View Post
Also, what kind of roadside assistance do you all recommend for my coach?
Thank you.
I just got a letter today from coachnet that Winnebago has signed me up for a year of coverage from them for free. Of course, I bought 5 years of their coverage when I bought the rig. You may want to call your dealer to ask for the info on the freebie. The letter says specifically it's from Winnebago, so it's not like a dealer to dealer type thing. I suppose it matters how quickly your dealer reports your info to Winnebago though.

Coachnets number is:877 801 0333.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:33 AM   #74
Winnebago Owner

Hi!
Dealer probably wouldn’t have told me as the finance lady was heavily pushing theirs and extended warranties!
OMG, my head was already spinning from crunching numbers with salesman on trade and new rig along with the financing. Then I get to her office at around 5pm and she starts in with detailing protection and all those other offers that were IMO not offers at all.
I totally turned down everything except the waxing and furniture protection policy (which I probably should have declined as well).
Funny, I recall her even saying that their roadside plan could compete with coachnet’s.
I know a rat when I smell one. Lol
I will call them today.
Thanks!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM   #75
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirSage View Post
Hi!
Dealer probably wouldn’t have told me as the finance lady was heavily pushing theirs and extended warranties!
OMG, my head was already spinning from crunching numbers with salesman on trade and new rig along with the financing. Then I get to her office at around 5pm and she starts in with detailing protection and all those other offers that were IMO not offers at all.
I totally turned down everything except the waxing and furniture protection policy (which I probably should have declined as well).
Funny, I recall her even saying that their roadside plan could compete with coachnet’s.
I know a rat when I smell one. Lol
I will call them today.
Thanks!
Best of luck! My finance guy offered me coachnets extended warranty options at different years of duration (I think it was 10,7, and 5). I took the 5 year coverage and like any other insurance policy, I hope I never have to use it.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #76
Winnebago Owner

RAM Mounts=perfect solution

Hey everybody!

In a previous post, I talked about how excited I was to be able to find a use for an old first gen iPad (thanks to copilotGPS app hanging on to previous versions that work with the old IOS). I have been trying all kinds of solutions to mount the dang thing and today I finally have a result I'm a 100% happy with.

I'd never heard of ram mounts until one of those in depth videos on the Intent that Lichtsinn RV put out...and as the guy was going through the cockpit, he referenced RAM mounts being a good solution for our dashboards. Let me tell y'all - he's right! Just got everything all in like a like it. These suckers are sturdy! I may have wanted another inch on the connector piece, but I like the lower profile so prying eyes can size up what might be tempting merchandise.

Enjoy the pics and hope they help! For now, I just have the base plate wedged under the lip of the dash piece. Gonna have to come up with a bracket that mimics the passenger worktray for it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1366.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	171122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1367.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	171123  

Name:	IMG_1369.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	171124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	171125  

Old 02-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #77
Winnebago Master

Looks good! Careful on your final positioning so you still have clear sight of the temperature gauges.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #78
Winnebago Master

Entry door

So, we're camping this weekend and this morning's project was allowing the door to swing open a little wider.
My door opened just shy of 90°. I removed the 2 screws on the door pivot and then opened the door to a comfortable distance from hitting the awning arm.
Then I lined up the extended strut to the door. It was right between the existing holes. Perfect.
I drilled new holes and all is good. The strut still has plenty of room for compression so it won't bottom out.
You can see how much further it opens now.

I love easy projects!

-Robb
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190217_113032.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	171126   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190217_113059.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	171127  

Old 02-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #79
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Here's the lower mounting bracket for the center dash pod. It's only 18 gauge (.048") sheet metal. No wonder that thing bounces all over.

The next picture is what I'm hoping will make things nice and sturdy. A little angle in 3/16" and 1/8". I'll thru bolt it to the dash instead of the self tapping sheet metal screws.

Fingers crossed!

It worked! The POD stays in place. No more violent bouncing around!
Old 02-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #80
Winnebago Master

Couch instead of Dinette

Here's a picture of the couch that replaced the dinette table. It's a wall hugger with cup holders and giant storage compartments. It pretty much reclines flat with plenty of room in the kitchen for walking around...if someone should happen to fall asleep : )
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190217_124503.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	171128   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190217_125341.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	171129  

Tags
intent