Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #241
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Checking In Update

Just returned from 25 days and 3800 mile trip...wow, we saw so many beautiful places. Highlight of trip was crossing the Columbia River basin 3 times with the last cross from WA into Oregon and visiting the actual spot where the river flows to the pacific...WOW! A couple disappointments. Yosemite was still closed even though they opened the 120 it was only 2 hours per day and no stopping was allowed. Also, we forgot my wife's passport so could not do the four nights in Canada including 2 in Vancouver. Biggest downer was the City of Seattle...it is the dirtiest city I have ever visited and I mean more dirty than Mexico City...they should be embarrassed...do they even own a street sweeper?

The Intent performed wonderfully! No problems of any real magnitude. Broke the two plastic levers that control the drivers seat swivel and front-back movement and had a minor accident in an overcrowded and too small/close KOA in Seattle. This accident involved a fraction of an inch...I was successful squeezing between an older class A stopped at a propane refuel point (that was in a terrible place) and a light pole that served no purpose next to the road until I heard this awful sound from very rear of the coach...The slide awning fitting on the old class A grabbed the corner molding on the rear of the Intent and tore it back...there was no damage to the other vehicle...If you look at our awning covers they have very nice plastic covers on the ends but they did not exist or were missing on the other vehicle...the sharp bracket was free to damage! I am going to order the replacement molding and sealing tape and fix myself rather than fix through insurance. I found parts on the Winnebago site today and sent email for help in getting them.

The Winegard Connect 2 was a godsend....we were able to stream unbuffered Netflix and Prime Video in every stop mostly using the AT&T unlimited hotspot...This includes multiple areas where we had ZERO T-Mobile service. I love that thing!

The new rear sway bar also seemed to help a lot with vehicle push and sway and we got very lucky having very few hours of high gusty winds like we had on trip one. She drove like a dream most of the time.

Fuel economy pulling my 2010 Equinox was 6.89 and parts of the trip we got 7-7.3! Not bad I think. I tried to drive around 60-62 consistently.

So, Intent now has 10876 miles and I have over 8000 miles driving experience. I love it and so does the wife! 8/15 we head for Michigan to see my Son and Grandsons and that trip is 2315 miles one way! We plan on taking 6-7 days just getting there and then will stop on way back to see the sights such as Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, etc.

So lucky to be able to do this and enjoy the wonders of the US!

Keep RVing all! BTW...how come we have so little participation any more? Has everyone upgraded already? Ha, Ha!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IntentDamage.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	171975   Click image for larger version

Name:	AwningonOldRV.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	171976  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ColumbiaRiverMeetsPacific.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	171977   Click image for larger version

Name:	RiverPark.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	171978  

feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:07 PM   #242
Winnebago Master

So glad you had a great trip. Bummer on the damage, but I'm sure you'll get it fixed.

The thread has gone quiet. I think this group of contributors have gotten the kinks worked out and are just enjoying (hopefully) the INTENT.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #243
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Ordered parts from Winnebago today...About $200 with shipping and L-Trim is $125 of that. Hoping for easy fix on all before our next trip on 8-15. When I told Progressive I wanted to cancel claim as I intend to repair myself they said thanks for letting us know.

Took about 2 days for reply from WGO parts and hoping will process the order quicker.
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:49 PM   #244
Winnebago Owner

I will be posting the list of everything thats being fixed when I get mine back,been at the dealer since june 24th.Never seen so much stuff break on a new vehicle.First motorhome for us,right now ,wish we had never bought it,can it get worse?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #245
Winnebago Owner

Good luck on the repair. Id be a little worried about leaking if the end cap happened to get jarred or shifted.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #246
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
I will be posting the list of everything thats being fixed when I get mine back,been at the dealer since june 24th.Never seen so much stuff break on a new vehicle.First motorhome for us,right now ,wish we had never bought it,can it get worse?
About to take in the Falcon for a couple of things. I'll make a list when we're done with the repair check in process. Good luck on getting a thorough repair.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #247
Winnebago Owner

Alright, so here's what I'm having done on the Falcon:
3k service (I'm at 2700, so close enough for me particularly because of how long it's been since the oil was put in at this point)
Roof inspection (10 yr warranty says to inspect every 6 months and I want a record of it from an actual service professional so there's no question)

Warranty items:
Entry step sticks. Will not retract unless I pull up on it while closing the door.
Storage cabinet above dinette has become separated at the lower left front corner.
Outside entertainment area. Refrigerator doesn't work. And the power outlet that is supposed to supply it power doesn't not have juice. I tested both by using the power outlet that supplied juice to the TV, refrigerator compressor never cranked up, and hooking the tv up to the other power outlet resulted in no power to the TV. So definitely established the problem is with both items (the fridge and the outlet).

I'll find out tomorrow how long this will all take to get done.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:41 PM   #248
Dr.Hoopty

More Intent stuff

I have 9300 miles on mine now,it gets a lot of use. I've had a few things to deal with but nothing major,(knock on wood). The water manifold inside the water control door had a crack not long after I bought it and the oven kept going out. A new manifold and a thermocouple fixed that under warranty. I did have the screen fall off in the roof vent over the stove on Thursday night, but I'm going to replace that little blower with a real vent and top piece with the wireless remote control. It will actually move some air and is bidirectional. It's like any coach, in that there's always something to fix,mess with or upgrade. I've had pretty good luck I guess considering California's bumpy roads.
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #249
Winnebago Owner

I'm getting close to done with this.My intent has 2,200 miles on it,I've put 1,000 miles on it,500 of it to the dealer 3 times,heres what was done this last time.Took it in june 24th,picked it up aug 1,had it for a month,water leak on dash,took it 2 times for that,cant find it ,didnt find nything this time,had several pieces of trim loose that was fixed,screen door was broke,dogcover come off twice while running 70mph,they had to install a new seal around it and latch,both propane tanks had leaked completely empty on first trip on it,had to replace the pigtail regulator assembly,both front chairs were broke,replaced both with newcable/latch assemblies,front grill came loose,had to readhere mount to cap, 5 mount brackets had completely fell off,dash ac broke, evaporator recall on it ,replaced with new,on my way home after picking it up,had the ac on high,didnt seem like it was cool enough,got home put a thermometer in dash ac vent on high for 30 minutes,65 degrees,still not right,my jack fittings was rusted out on my manifold pump assembly for the leveling jacks,service guy at dealer sent pics to winnebago,said thety wouldnt replace to contact lippert or LCI who makes the part,they responded they would replace it this one time ,i need to keep it clened of from moisture,told him that it should have been put somewhere where no moisture could get to it,design flaw? So here i sit getting to my wits end with all this stuff happening and my dash ac still not fixed,put 500 miles on it on 3 short trips,first timers to this and this is getting worse every day,thoughts? I'm about to snap!
Old 08-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #250
Winnebago Owner

Broad St, sorry to hear these gremlins are getting you down. The water on dash seems like the biggest concern...I would have to think it's the seal around the antenna or the front cap somewhere. The last thing you want is that water coming in behind places you can't see. I saw the same AC performance you did. Had to turn it off for about 5 minutes while the engine was running and then switch back on and all was well. Give it a shot, maybe it will work for you. I think someone else had the same problem and solved the same way. Good luck to you, these things should be adding fun and joy to your life, rather that stress and frustration.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #251
Dr.Hoopty

My A/C isn’t as good as I’d like either when all the vents are open. I closed the end ones on both the passenger side and driver side and then it blows at 46 degrees. It’s a design flaw with the zone configuration of the evaporator core. There isn’t much you can do about this except this. One of my friends is the chassis mechanic at where we bought it and that what he thinks. Sounds like yours was built after a holiday weekend with the accompanying baggage so to speak. Fix the water leak first and then maybe consider selling it or getting them to buy it back.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #252
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hoopty View Post
My A/C isn’t as good as I’d like either when all the vents are open. I closed the end ones on both the passenger side and driver side and then it blows at 46 degrees. It’s a design flaw with the zone configuration of the evaporator core. There isn’t much you can do about this except this. One of my friends is the chassis mechanic at where we bought it and that what he thinks. Sounds like yours was built after a holiday weekend with the accompanying baggage so to speak. Fix the water leak first and then maybe consider selling it or getting them to buy it back.
Cool Doc! I'm gonna try that next time we're out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #253
Winnebago Owner

Hey hoopty, I'm going to try your ac tip,this is our first motorhome and its not been good,Have you ever heard on anybody you know getting theres bought back,any info on this isgreatly appreciated,were thinking of contacting a lawyer,dont no what to do.Thanks for any suggestions from any of you with any more tips on this situation.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #254
Dr.Hoopty

Buy Back or Lemon Law

Here in California we have what's known as the Lemon Law. My best advice to you is look up the statute here and then compare it to any similar laws in your state. I don't know if it applies to RV's or not though. If there isn't much available to you,I would then possibly contact an attorney and go from there. It may take some time and a significant investment on your part,but in the end it may be worth it. It's too bad that you've had all these problems,considering most of us here haven't. I hope that it all works out for you.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #255
Winnebago Watcher

HWY Speeds

So the wife and I took our new 2018 26M Intent on its maiden voyage this weekend.

Everything was awesome and no major hiccups! I am curious though, the rig was very jerky between 50-65 mph......

Would the mentioned DIY adjustments to the front end help with this issue?

Thanks in advance!!
WIroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #256
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIroller View Post
So the wife and I took our new 2018 26M Intent on its maiden voyage this weekend.

Everything was awesome and no major hiccups! I am curious though, the rig was very jerky between 50-65 mph......

Would the mentioned DIY adjustments to the front end help with this issue?

Thanks in advance!!
Congrats on the purchase and welcome! What kind of jerkiness? I found with my Steering Stabilizer the rig went right where I was pointing it and performed the absolute best at around sixty one or two mph.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #257
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Congrats on the purchase and welcome! What kind of jerkiness? I found with my Steering Stabilizer the rig went right where I was pointing it and performed the absolute best at around sixty one or two mph.
So it isn’t a major thing, but at 50mph+ if you have the slightest bit of a bump it is white knuckle time. Just doesn’t seem right to me, but I am new to this RV thing
WIroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #258
Dr.Hoopty

Do the cheap handling fix, tire pressure 85F 90R cold. Maybe put a better front steering stabilizer on it. My next upgrade will be the big front sway bar and polyurethane rear sway bar bushings. It’s imperative that you do the pressure stone cold. I raced cars and motorcycles for years so you start cold, heat them up and recheck the pressure so you how much it climbs. This way you can do a hot pressure adjustment and know where you’re at. It’s in the 10lbs range usually. Ford F53’s are trucks and you must drive it like one. I have a commercial license so when I go into truck mode I’ll drive accordingly. They blow around in the wind, passing trucks and stuff. Between all of us we can help spend your money like a sailor on leave!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #259
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
i just took mine back to the dealer last week,left that license plate bracket for them to put on,my gray decal on passenger side was coming off,leak on the front dash from ceiling above,back slide out wouldnt work sometime.
I own a new 29L and just joined this thread so I haven’t gotten through the 19 pages of posts on my phone yet. Haha. But this one caught my eye as we had a similar leak problem above the dash during a huge Midwestern rainstorm outside Omaha. Without going through all the posts, was wondering if they found the problem? My unit is at the dealership now & that’s one thing they’re looking at.
Fritos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #260
Winnebago Owner

My leak is in front of the passenger seat on the dash,been there 3 times for it,this last time he told me he has no idea where it's coming from

Tags
intent