Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #301
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos55 View Post
So ...... I charged the batteries for 5+ hours, turned off the generator and tried to start it again and No Go. So I took them out and had them tested - both were reading about 7 volts. Bought replacements - same old "marine & RV" batteries, but hey - it's 5 pm on the Sunday before Labor Day. Not much choice out there. I now have cabin lights, my inverter will turn on, and I can start my generator. BUT ..... still no slide function. I did at least get a flashing green light on the slide switch - 4 green flashes. Can't find anything that decodes that in my manuals so will search online.

In talking to the tech support guy, I asked about fuses or breakers. He said the slide fuse is one of the 4 big fuses mounted on the back wall of the battery compartment. He also thought that the slide fuse was the same as the generator starter, so if I could start the generator then the fuse was good. That seems odd to me, but OK .....

Well, baby steps I guess.
Called Good Sam Roadside Assistance and got someone to come out to take a look at the slide. He finally figured out that there's a solenoid that actually switches on the slide motor - the switch in the cabin is supposed to engage the solenoid which then provides power to the slide motors. By bypassing the solenoid, we were able to get the slide back in so we're at least a motorhome now - not merely a protuberance on the parking lot.

So now off to the campground we've had reserved for the past 3 nights and unable to use. Quick dump and fill and we'll be off to Iowa and MN to find a place to replace the solenoid tomorrow.

BDub - I'm also ordering the RSSA from Amazon and having it delivered to a shop in MN to have it installed during our 10 days of down time there.

Thanks, folks, for all your suggestions and moral support!
Fritos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #302
Dr.Hoopty

Smile Owner's update

Hey everyone....We're at 9900 miles now and just wanted to say that the Narwhal,(Intent 26M),is doing really well. We had a few things to sort out when we first got it, but everything since the last thing was fixed about 3500 miles ago it has been great.
We mostly dry camp at Thunderhill Raceway and Sonoma Raceway with our business, but have been to a few state parks and other places too. With the dry camping, we run the inverter for about 8-10 hours, then run the generator for about 2 hours to recharge the house batteries. At Thunderhill we can hook up to 30A shore power so we can run the A/C and not cook! I fill the water up to capacity,10 gallons in the black tank and we're good to go for 3 days. In some ways the RV drives a little better with the water full as it sways a little less. I don't carry much weight in the RV and do have an additional 200 lbs over the front axle.
We tow a 5X8 enclosed trailer with all of our track gear if we're going there or my Yamaha FJR1300 if we're going elsewhere. The trailer loaded with either is about 1800 lbs with about 200 on the tongue. I really don't notice anything unless it's really windy or there's a ton of semi's passing me. I drive at about 62 MPH and get about 7-9 MPG.
We had a Thor Fun Mover 31 previously and this has been a major upgrade for us. We entertain a lot at the track and it's really good for that with the swivel seats, the outdoor kitchen setup it comes with and the folding cooking center I bought to go with it.
It's too bad that a few of you have had so many problems and stuff. Maybe mine was made on a Wednesday morning with the full shift reporting that day! It's not a car by any means, if you don't at least do the CHF and run the tires like I do, it's kind of a pig. My next upgrade is the Roadmaster front sway bar and polyurethane bushings on the rear bar. I think I'll have it aligned too. The other thing too is that when I'm full on water, I don't usually run more than 3/4 on fuel. The tracks are only about 80 miles from my house unless we go to Laguna Seca or Buttonwillow but that's only once a year on each of those so the fuel isn't an issue. I'm nearing the end of my lunch hour now and think I've said enough for all of y'all ponder over...!
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #303
Winnebago Owner

Hey Dr Hoopty,so if I’m taking off cross country I need to turn the inverter on for my fridge while traveling? Everybody wish us luck leaving va traveling to Yellowstone on Sunday,2000miles,with all the issues we’ve had this could be interesting.Any major issues on this trip with it and it’s going to be it for me,might be crazy for doing this but this is why we bought it,25th anniversary trip,decided not to take the dogs ,think it will be easier on them and us,so here we go,say a prayer for us,planning on 2 weeks.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:51 PM   #304
Winnebago Owner

During our outing last month, i traveled with both the inverter on and the genie running. The genie allowed us to have the cabin AC while we were running down the road the hot July heat. Kept our passengers and dogos comfy.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #305
Dr.Hoopty

Inverter

I only run the inverter when I'm driving or if I'm dry camping with the generator off and shore power disconnected. If you're driving with the generator running,turn the inverter off. The generator will run the refrigerator and whatever else you so desire. Running the generator with the inverter on can cause a back feed and trip the GFI on the inverter. This has happened to me a few times when I've started the generator and not turned off the inverter first. I leave the screws out on the board under the sink since it's a tight fit and to make easier access to the inverter.
When you're on your trip, I would do a walk around every morning and check the tire pressure every few days. Just pretend you're a truck driver and it'll all be good. Have lots of fun and happy trails!
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #306
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hoopty View Post
I only run the inverter when I'm driving or if I'm dry camping with the generator off and shore power disconnected. If you're driving with the generator running,turn the inverter off. The generator will run the refrigerator and whatever else you so desire. Running the generator with the inverter on can cause a back feed and trip the GFI on the inverter. This has happened to me a few times when I've started the generator and not turned off the inverter first. I leave the screws out on the board under the sink since it's a tight fit and to make easier access to the inverter.
When you're on your trip, I would do a walk around every morning and check the tire pressure every few days. Just pretend you're a truck driver and it'll all be good. Have lots of fun and happy trails!
Same here
Old 09-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #307
Winnebago Owner

Yikes! Glad I didn't trip the circuit! I'll stop running the inverter when I crank the genie up for sure!
Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #308
Winnebago Owner

Help guys,staying at our first site with cable tv hookup,I have the line outside hooked up,I dont know how or what I need to do inside.Do I need a line from the wall mount under my 2 TVs inside to the back of them?I dont see how u get to the back of them do they pull out? Dont want to break them.We are here for 4 days outside yellowstone and would like to figure this out,please help,thanks
Old 09-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #309
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Latest Trip a Success

So, the 2018 Intent 26M now has 16783 miles after this 3rd long trip. Not bad since it was purchased 11-14-18. Just returned from 4 week and 5470 mile trip! Wow, the unit performed beautifully and only problems were with the Toad and those resolved fairly quick. First my RVI3 brake unit in the car would not function one morning and when I contacted support they said I had an electrical problem and should buy a portable 12v power supply to plug unit in and they would send me a new 12v cord to install when i got home...could not find any such power supply so wasted an entire day and many hours searching and finally bought and had installed a new battery..still would not work. Second call to RVI and received agreement they would send me a new unit next day...they did agree to pay for Saturday Delivery and new unit came before check out time at the Park and performed beautiful the rest of the trip. I really like the RVI3 system when working properly. Next, a helpful citizen pointed out the right rear tire on my Equinox was jumping up and down badly when I pulled into a Walmart. The tire was missing rubber from the outer edge of the tire exposing the steel belt. This was on Monday Labor Day Holiday but Walmart Automotive was working and had two new 80,000 mile Goodyears installed and on way again without incident. Next day visited Mt. Rushmore and car road better than ever.

I had planned on getting oil change while on the trip but only needed to add 1 quart of oil the whole way and I swear it still looks clean on the dip stick! I think i am going to buy the easy drain plug and other equipment and start changing myself. For those interested the gas mileage was just under 7 mpg total although I decided early to no longer calculate each fill up and also kept cruise on 70+ for most of the trip. We ran into bad wind a couple days and did hit one severe thunderstorm so very luck there. We were in Rapid City two nights before they got hit with tornadoes! We are adding 11 new States to our RV US visit Map and saw so many wonderful sites. The real highlight was spending 7 nights with my Son and Grandsons in Michigan which was the far Eastern stopping point. With the exception of the Indiana Toll Road, I80, the roads were the best we have driven so far. Indiana should be embarrassed to charge $45 to cross the State on roads that jar you every expansion joint the entire way..thought we were going to need dental work and the overhead light covers and a main cabin speaker actually jared lose! As soon as you enter Ohio the road is good and you actually see some resurfacing and work being done.

This is what RVing is all about and we love the Intent! No firm plans for next trip and not sure what, if any, new features we will add. I think I am going to try to do some sound insulation install and find and fix a few rattles. I do have to install the new rear corner molding I purchased after the minor accident in part on trip to Pacific Northwest but should not take long.
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #310
2018 Intent 26M Owner

TV Antenna Set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Help guys,staying at our first site with cable tv hookup,I have the line outside hooked up,I dont know how or what I need to do inside.Do I need a line from the wall mount under my 2 TVs inside to the back of them?I dont see how u get to the back of them do they pull out? Dont want to break them.We are here for 4 days outside yellowstone and would like to figure this out,please help,thanks
Every time you stop and hook up you need should turn on the power antenna and go to the menu and find tv input set up and scan channels..if you have good cable lineup in park skip the antenna and scan for cable only...it will tell you how many channels it sets up and you should work fine
Old 09-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #311
Winnebago Master

Actually, you only turn on the antenna booster (the little green light under the bedroom tv) when you DO NOT have cable hook-ups. It's only for over the air channels and will give a worse image than the usually crappy cable quality. My experience has always been that the antenna channels come in MUCH clearer than the cable.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #312
2018 Intent 26M Owner

TV Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Actually, you only turn on the antenna booster (the little green light under the bedroom tv) when you DO NOT have cable hook-ups. It's only for over the air channels and will give a worse image than the usually crappy cable quality. My experience has always been that the antenna channels come in MUCH clearer than the cable.
I Disagree...after spending about 115 nights in different parks all across the US when i do my TV hookup I start with the antenna on...not sure if it is peculiar to my new ROKU 4K TV but it starts by asking if I need channel 3 or 4 for a Cable Box (had 3 parks provide box this trip) hookup and then starts scan for antenna channels...If I am in a major metro area, or close to one, I finish the scan, it not I skip it and go on to cable. I have best luck doing this but I have found very little good cable at parks...many do not supply HD any over the air channel is usually HD. Many offer 1 or none network channel and Park WiFi is bad everywhere also.

Recall I purchased and installed Winegard 2 with AT&T SIM card and bought annual plan for $360 onetime payment. This last trip we had only one night we could not successfully stream NetFlix and all other channels via our ROKU TV using the Winegard and that night we were able to use our iPhone HOTSPOT. To solve the lack of local station TV problem(I watch network news program every morning at home)I signed up for the new AT&T Now TV with 70 channels including all local channels. This replaces DIRCTVNOW and is cancellable at any time so could use only on long trips. With the Winegard we were able to watch and record everything we wanted with no problems. It was really cool watching the San Diego local channels in places like Minnesota, South Dakota, MOntana and Wyoming! The 4K picture is brilliant! Also caught my favorite College Football teams on BTN

I guess there is no one solution to TV and your equipment determines options and success I like the AT&T Now TV and may cancel my Cable and keep only it even here at home.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:48 PM   #313
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
I Disagree...after spending about 115 nights in different parks all across the US when i do my TV hookup I start with the antenna on...not sure if it is peculiar to my new ROKU 4K TV but it starts by asking if I need channel 3 or 4 for a Cable Box (had 3 parks provide box this trip) hookup and then starts scan for antenna channels...If I am in a major metro area, or close to one, I finish the scan, it not I skip it and go on to cable. I have best luck doing this but I have found very little good cable at parks...many do not supply HD any over the air channel is usually HD. Many offer 1 or none network channel and Park WiFi is bad everywhere also.

Recall I purchased and installed Winegard 2 with AT&T SIM card and bought annual plan for $360 onetime payment. This last trip we had only one night we could not successfully stream NetFlix and all other channels via our ROKU TV using the Winegard and that night we were able to use our iPhone HOTSPOT. To solve the lack of local station TV problem(I watch network news program every morning at home)I signed up for the new AT&T Now TV with 70 channels including all local channels. This replaces DIRCTVNOW and is cancellable at any time so could use only on long trips. With the Winegard we were able to watch and record everything we wanted with no problems. It was really cool watching the San Diego local channels in places like Minnesota, South Dakota, MOntana and Wyoming! The 4K picture is brilliant! Also caught my favorite College Football teams on BTN

I guess there is no one solution to TV and your equipment determines options and success I like the AT&T Now TV and may cancel my Cable and keep only it even here at home.
What YGoHom said is correct if you do not have a satellite dish system. First time I went to use cable supplied by the park I did not turn off the antenna booster and when I did my search for cable it did not find anything. Once I turned off the antenna booster and redid the search for cable channels all the channels the park offered came up. I at this time do not have a dish.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #314
Winnebago Master

Yup, there's a diagram in the instruction manual. Near the end of the large supplemental book. The dish must be playing some weird part in your scenario.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #315
2018 Intent 26M Owner

As I said in my post...upgrade your equipment including a better quality TV and you will be glad you did. My ROKU 4K TV is great addition and with a USB storage device we can actually pause and replay live TV as if we had a DVR. I think we all know the power antenna standard in the Intent is not very capable anyway so having a non antenna option is wise...don't turn it on at all!
Old 09-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #316
Winnebago Owner

Just got back from our 2 week trip out west ,va to jackson hole,yellowstone,grand tetons,devils tower,crazy horse,mt rushmore and the badlands.It was awesome.the intent done good but still had more stuff break,the front grill came loose again,2nd time now,2nd step in the coach come completely loose as i was going out one day,sprained my ankle,right rear leveling jack wont come all the way down,busted the right front shock,this wil be the 6th trip to the dealer since we picked it up in january.told my wife that everybody names ther coach,know what we can name ours,the SALTINE CRACKER,is white and crumbles easy,it never ends ,are you guys dealing with this much stuff! The f53 chassis i am good with,contaacted another dealer to see how much i could get on a trade in,could not beleive the lowball offer so i guess were stuck with it.How many of you have done the front or rear sway bar or summo springs? the roads across the midwest are rougher than rough,dirt road would be better in some places,crosswinds are the real deal in these too!i sure hope it gets better with all this stuff breaking,let me know on the chassis improvements if you guys have done any,Thanks
Old 09-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #317
Winnebago Owner

First long road trip coming up!

Well the Willenium Falcon is getting put to a use i didn't anticipate when we bought her. I took a new job and so we will be moving from one LA (Louisiana) to the other LA (Los Angeles). We sold our house in Louisiana and will be hitting the road from Lafayette to Van Nuys on Friday! I'm excited and a little nervous about towing my JGC on this long trip. Never towed with the Falcon. In fact, this will be the longest trip yet! Wish me luck fellas! And never tell me the odds!
Old 09-26-2019, 07:25 PM   #318
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Just got back from our 2 week trip out west ,va to jackson hole,yellowstone,grand tetons,devils tower,crazy horse,mt rushmore and the badlands.It was awesome.the intent done good but still had more stuff break,the front grill came loose again,2nd time now,2nd step in the coach come completely loose as i was going out one day,sprained my ankle,right rear leveling jack wont come all the way down,busted the right front shock,this wil be the 6th trip to the dealer since we picked it up in january.told my wife that everybody names ther coach,know what we can name ours,the SALTINE CRACKER,is white and crumbles easy,it never ends ,are you guys dealing with this much stuff! The f53 chassis i am good with,contaacted another dealer to see how much i could get on a trade in,could not beleive the lowball offer so i guess were stuck with it.How many of you have done the front or rear sway bar or summo springs? the roads across the midwest are rougher than rough,dirt road would be better in some places,crosswinds are the real deal in these too!i sure hope it gets better with all this stuff breaking,let me know on the chassis improvements if you guys have done any,Thanks
Broad St - sounds like a fun trip but peppered with some more issues, sorry to hear it. I have had a small list of things go wrong, but I've only been out on a couple of weekend trips. This upcoming journey is gonna be a real test for sure. How on earth did a shock go busto? Catching air in the badlands? My jacks are quirky Devils for sure. My jacks down light and alarm will ping on random start ups, even though the jacks are completely retracted. Just dumb stuff like that.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:23 PM   #319
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
My jacks are quirky Devils for sure. My jacks down light and alarm will ping on random start ups, even though the jacks are completely retracted.

Mine do the same. Display says left side. I have to retract jacks before I can move.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #320
Winnebago Master

For those with the bell ringing for the jacks... check the fluid level for the pump. That is a sign that it may be low.
YGoHom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intent