Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2019, 08:04 PM   #141
Winnebago Master

The AC issue is Winnebago, not Ford. Mine was fixed before I took delivery. You'll have to give to a Winnebago authorized shop to get fixed.
The downshifts are touchy in Tow/haul mode. It will downshift each time you hit the brake. Once you know this you can control it better.
But, in the cases where it won't UP shift, let off the gas or turn off Tow mode and it will shift.
Keep in mind, though, unlike a big block Chevy, this v10 makes its power in the upper RPM range. For pulling long uphill stretches, I've found with these motors that it's better to be up around 3600 rpm.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #142
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Leveling System PADS

So, a week from tomorrow go on first long trip through the southwest (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) and see I will have to deal with gravel and/or sand in quite a few places.

Makes me wonder about the Leveling system and pads. Anyone install/using pads on our Lippert system?

On other sites I see recommendations for SnapPads...anyone install on the 26M and if so any issues? My stocking list says I have the Lippert Model WF-8955PEC but the manual I downloaded is not specific on pad size and other specs. The manual does suggest the use of pads with the system.

Look forward to some suggestions.
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #143
Winnebago Master

1" thick x 12" square rubber pads cut from a horse corral mat.
You may also want some 4x10x10 blocks to aide in leveling as the Jack's often dont extend enough to get level.
Always remember to keep the rear wheels on the ground for the emergency brake. The front is ok off the ground.
It's also a good idea to have some of the 12"square orange Lego style blocks to drive onto for leveling. I have 3 blue bags of 10 each that get used often at the local beach campgrounds.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #144
Winnebago Owner

I'm not towing anything when it's doing this,called the dealer this morning and I have to take it to a ford dealership for the ac,I guess because it's not the motorhome ac but the vehicle ac,but I dont think my coach ac is cooling like it's supposed to either,still have a leak dripping on the dash from the roof,this thing is starting to push me off,I'm 70 miles from the dealer,running up and down the road for stuff all the time
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #145
Winnebago Master

Even though it's the dash AC, it's NOT a Ford issue as I understand it. Ford does an "AC prep" and the end manufacturer (Winnebago) adds their own stuff and completes it. There's a Service Bulletin about it from Winnebago about replacing the condenser. I had an issue with mine and was directed to a Winnie authorized dealer who filled me in on the details.

Here's the possible bulletins...
Equipment Air Conditioner TSB (Bulletin SC 68-17)
Equipment Air Conditioner TSB (Bulletin 7SB003-18-01V)

"Feiter" also had to take his in for repair.

I haven't experienced it not UP shifting in standard Drive, only in Tow mode.

FYI...Tow mode isn't just for towing. You should use it around town and on hills to aid in braking.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:16 PM   #146
Winnebago Owner

the service guy at the dealership where i bought it said i would have to take it to a ford truck center,thats all i know,guess i should for the shifting its doing too and see if they can find anything,cant believe something new has so many issues.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #147
Winnebago Owner

Hi one thing I noticed about my tanks is that the knob will turn red when the arrow it’s pointing to is empty. Doesn’t yours do that too?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to check the propane levels...from inside or outside really.

It is designed so that you turn the plastic dial with the arrow on it to the tank you want to use, then open the valve to each of your connected tanks. As you empty the first tank, the valve will switch over to your reserve tank. I'm not sure if the dial will go red because the first tank is empty, or if it will stay green as it pulls from the second tank. ??

The only way to really check your tank level is to remove it from the RV and see if it feels empty.
I'm not a fan of this removable tank system and really miss my RV's with a single large tank with level indicator inside the RV.
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #148
Winnebago Owner

I’m having a difficult time keeping propane filled with this cold rainy weather.
Just bought an extra tank.
I now have three.
Don’t think I’ll be cooking til this cold snap is over.
Expensive and a pita to fill/change out tanks.
Winnebago and awning company are replacing and covering broken parts but they wanted me to break camp and find authorized winne service.
I squawked and I think they’re going to take care of it.
Thanks for all your help.
Ps is propane heat dangerous? I’m afraid to leave heat on with dogs in there alone.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #149
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Replacing the Insignia TV in kitchen area

So, I decided to buy TCL Roku 32" for the main cabin area and it is 1080P for much better picture. Took me a while to figure out how to get the TV off wall mount but I have it removed and there are two screws accessible from below the TV with short phillips screwdriver. Removing these screws allows lifting up TV and it comes away from balance of wall mount. Part of the bracket is attached to TV VESA area with 4 screws but it is also attached by 2 sided sticky tape in 3 areas (probably a great vibration stopper). Hoping the bracket will mount correctly to the TCL arriving tomorrow. TCL does accommodate the VESA mount but not sure about sticking to TV until I get it.

Does anyone know why we have a cable tv jack in wall below the TV and next to power plug/HDMI input/another power plug? What is this cable jack for...I notice there is one in the bedroom area also??? I know the TV has a cable coming from the wall connected to the cable/antenna area on the TV...this is undoubtedly the power antenna input to TV but I also know when I visited a park and attached their cable to outside connection it worked with the same antenna/cable connection....So WHAT IS THE EXTRA CONNECTOR ON WALLS FOR?

Also was surprised to find out one of the power plugs did not work with the inverter...had to have generator running to use it.

Will post pictures when mounted tomorrow or Thursday.

Again, thanks to all for your input and help getting ready to travel. My next research is going to have to be regarding maintenance after we put another 3000 miles on her for trip 1. That will give us about 6000 total miles and haven't checked but assume first maintenance on engine and unit is about 7500 miles.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:20 PM   #150
Winnebago Master

Bill, I haven't used them, but I assume the cable and hdmi are to hook up a VCR or accessory. There were probably extra cables connected to the back of the TV, right?
Old 04-30-2019, 09:15 PM   #151
2018 Intent 26M Owner

One Coax and one HDMI come from out of the wall...Coax is for the antenna/cable input on the TV...I assume the HDMI is connected to the HDMI we see in the wall so when you use it you don't have to worry about trying to plug into the actual TV set. I was thinking some people may use a satellite box and it may need the extra Coax... not sure though!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #152
Winnebago Owner

ok,Am i losing it,12v switch on,generator on.ac will not come on.Am i missing something?
Old 05-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #153
Winnebago Master

12v switch...the inverter switch? That should ONLY be on when there is no other power available and you need to run the fridge or tv. You may pop the inverter circuit as well. I believe I posted how to reset it recently.

Is the cord plugged into the socket in the dump bay? If not, the generator may be running, but it won't power anything
Old 05-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #154
Winnebago Owner

Thats it ,i didnt have the 30 amp plugged in,we went this past weekend and had full hookups,so its just laying there when i unplugged it.And i was talking about the switch in the basement ,i didnt turn the inverter switch on,im slowly learning things,thanks for always helping me out with answers.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #155
Winnebago Master

No problem. We've ALL been there.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:28 PM   #156
2018 Intent 26M Owner

32" 1080P TCL Smart TV install

Here is Update to 1080P TV install. So, the TCL is up and running and I am posting two pics...one is picture of golf that is being streamed via NBC sports live TV using my WIFI hotspot on my TMobile serviced iPhone 8 and the other is picture via the Power Antenna of CBS. The picture is so much better on a 1080 set...What about the install? I had to modify the wall bracket that was attached to the stock Insignia TV. Had to trim about 1.25" off the bracket on two sides to allow mounting via VESA screws. Not hard if you have a saw that will use metal cutting blade.

I love the new picture and ease of use of this TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTVAntView.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	171523   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTVStreamView.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	171524  

Old 05-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #157
Dr.Hoopty

More Intent stuff

Hey.....I just joined the forum and have a 26M. I'm taking out the dinette this weekend and putting in 2 offshore boat seats on swivel mounts and a boat table similar to the one that goes between the captains seats up front. I've done a bunch of mods like what the owner who can't leave anything alone either has,and you know who I'm referring too! I guess when you're a heavy equipment mechanic it just comes with the territory. I bought the rig last August and have used it quite a bit at this point.
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #158
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the club!
It's interesting that most who post to this thread have the 26'.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #159
Dr.Hoopty

I've noticed that. I check out the forum about twice a week at lunch and generally collect ideas and stuff. You've come up with some great ideas that I've put to good use in my rig. We use it mostly for my wife's business,Trackside Massage. We're at the Norcal racetracks most weekends from March to November doing motorcycle track days with providers and race events with AFM and MotoAmerica. Needless to say, it gets alot of use. We went from a class C toyhauler,(Thor), to this. A major upgrade to say the least. I've found that if you don't load much into the coach and put most of your stuff in an enclosed trailer,it drives really quite well.
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #160
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Cup holders needed

Update to cup holder upgrade. Here it is and yes it is ugly but works and takes full advantage of YGoHome’s console vibration dampener😁
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E889869F-04D5-4BBF-B80E-6B1847067D4D.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	171526  

Tags
intent