Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #181
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Look at the yellow sticker next to the driver seat. It should have a build date at the top
Looks like built On 2/18.
I’m unable to share pix.
The cable box given by Campground has an outlet plug as well as cable receptacles
Oh, looks like cloud linking worked.
I’ll go take pix of water knob and black tank compartments in a bit.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0E2j6cW2P71My7j2Nh8WbawGg#Barrington,_NH
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0NzeRO_GK0fdTH0kT3Y9pd0tw#Barrington,_NH
Thank you!
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #182
Winnebago Owner

More photos sent through iCloud linking...
the tank area
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0B43zbMNk_10wKJdA7yp6ZR4g#Barrington,_NH
I do see instructions inside this door you directed me to for filling. Just can’t see the proper blue knob.
Ps there has been water inside these compartments, due to excessive rain or...?
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0C7A6H9LTRwUnfyqylOuTULIw#Barrington,_NH
Thank you YGoHome.
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #183
Winnebago Owner

Update: Winnebago had me hook up Campground cable box to two cables
After having to remove booster plate. And the only way to change channels is through this cabinet.
Weird.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0SAf...OyIlmYLMkgMJ4Q
Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #184
Winnebago Owner

Found a place to look at my roof top ac this morning,replaced a part in it and its working now,yeah.Then driving it home running 65 mph the motor cover between the 2 seats blows off,scared the **** out of me,begining to think i have a big piece of ****,looks like on the back of it it has a clip you can turn to lock it on the back end ,but i cant find anyting to fit it,anybody had this happen? Then the front grill cover has come loose at the bottom,does it ever end,still waiting on a part to come in for the dash ac which is not working.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #185
Winnebago Master

You need a large metric allen key to poke thru the hole in the carpet. I think it moves 90 degrees to lock. Do you stand or walk on the cover? The downward pressure may have unlatched it?? It's locked pretty solid.

My grille has a loose top corner. I just folded up a piece of memory foam and wedged it to keep it solid. The mounts are epoxied on (common) and are prone to popping off.

The roof AC...was it a condenser? Shiny beer can looking thing?
Anyway, I don't know that this is common knowledge...the AC should never be turned on, then off, then on again quickly. There should be a built in timer to allow the system to de-energize before restarting...maybe 3 minutes?
Otherwise it could kill the condenser or compressor. I had to replace the entire AC unit in my last rv.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #186
Winnebago Owner

Called winnebago told me it takes a 5/16 hex wrench,no it wasnt the condenser on the roof ac, some type of control panel they accesed through the vent in the coach,unplugged some wires and put new one in and changed the control box on wall.Told me the grille is held by a 2 part epoxy,and it would void the warranty if i did it.Guess the dam thing can fall off going down the road and tear up more stuff .Not scheduled til june 24th to go back to dealer to getdash ac fixed and screen door and guess the grille if its still there,this thing is getting riduculous.Serenity now
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #187
Winnebago Owner

In my owner packet they included the hex key for the dog house. Sorry to hear your having all these problems BroadSt. Not fun at all.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #188
Winnebago Master

I'm sorry you're having so many issues, but it made me laugh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	serenity-now.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	171592  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #189
Winnebago Owner

So many issues is an understatement.
I’m definitely rethinking this entire camping thing.
I could have flown here, settled into a seasonal place and flown back to Fl.
Instead, I’m dealing with Winnebago and the games they played in sneaky corner-cutting manufacturing to keep price lower than normal for a rig this size.
I will get through it because that is how I roll.
As far as their bs... Karma...
Old 05-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #190
Winnebago Owner

Anybody else have their generator exhaust pipe fail? It looks like the clamp holding the pipe to the generator exhaust port failed due to rust. Gonna look for a replacement clamp at Home Depot tomorrow. Looks like our exhaust pipe has an outside diameter of 1 1/4 inches.

Love having shore power at the house. We were able to spend time in the rig with the AC running and add a soap despenser to the shower, do general cleaning, and I fixed both driver and passenger seat swivel selectors. They had both failed. Just needed to tighten up the two bolts that keep the cable tensioner thingie on the bracket.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:51 AM   #191
2018 Intent 26M Owner

First long trip update

Writing this at Sante Fe skies RV park. We are 10 miles south of old Sante Fe and 925 miles into our 3300 mile journey from Oceanside CA to Longview TX and back. It has been great except for many hours of very high wind. Only a couple minor issues: middle stair tore completely off, broken door hold open (again). I am very happy with coach performance and so happy I did the updates to date. Main complaint is that vibration center console..it must be fixed before Pacific Northwest trip in June/July. Arizona and New Mexico roads suck!!

This is our fifth park and the first with performing WiFi and actually level site. In Flagstaff was never able to level despite trying two sites over 2 nights stay. Also unhappy with T-mobile as usually only 2bars and WiFi hotspot wouldn’t perform when needed. Need to find solutions go WiFi also.

Fueling was difficult first stop. Old pumps and short hoses and need to estimate gallons needed to “pay in advance “. Last two stops okay as at Costco.

Worried about weather next few days as we enter tornado alley in Texas panhandle area.

Will try to post a few pics now.
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #192
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Worried about weather next few days as we enter tornado alley in Texas panhandle area.
If you haven't done so already, consider loading The Weather Channel app on your smart phone and allow it to know your location.

Last August on our trip from Alaska to Indiana we received their weather warnings of severe thunderstorms which allowed us to boogie out of Sturgis, SD and later from Davenport, IA just before the storms hit.

Possible bacon saver!!!
Old 05-19-2019, 08:13 PM   #193
Dr.Hoopty

I used a half circle massage leg pillow under the console. I have it wedged between the engine cover and the console. I also have some dense foam stuffed behind the console too. Both of these things work really well. Our roads in Northern California aren’t the best either. If the road is really rough,I put the overhead bed down too so it doesn’t squeak or rattle. I’m kinda picky about noisy stuff and I’ve been chasing stuff since I bought it. The seatbelts under the dinette rattle too so I hooked them together over the plywood covers under the cushions. We use our motor home for my wife’s business, so it gets lots of use.
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:44 AM   #194
Winnebago Owner

We're getting prepped to make a Memorial Day weekend in Biloxi, MS. First multi-night outing with the pups.

Picked up a table top propane grill from Costco for $129 so that's getting broken in with some steaks and veggies for sure.

On my test run with it (nothing on the grill), it got up to 550 degrees in about 15 minutes. Cool down took 35 minutes.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #195
Winnebago Owner

Heading out for our first time this weekend with no hookup,hope i remember anything,any pointers will be greatly appreciated.Inverter on only when generator is off.Does it light up when the switch is on?Do i only cut the water pump on when the generator is on? Thanks
Old 05-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #196
Dr.Hoopty

Cool More Intent stuff

The water pump runs off of 12 volts so the generator won't effect it. The inverter switch does indicate when it's on with a green LED. If I'm not going too far and don't have hookups,I won't fill the gas tank too much over 1/2 to save weight. I do this regularly since I go the racetrack and they only have power hookups. I do have to fill my water tank up so it's a fair amount of weight also. I carry almost no additional weight in the coach,(underneath in the storage containers),and pull a 5X8 enclosed trailer with all of our stuff in it. I keep the tongue weight in the 100 lb. range and the total weight of the trailer under 2000 lbs. I've been doing the RV thing for a long time and this is how I like to roll.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #197
Winnebago Owner

So do i cut the water pump switch on when dry camping?
Old 05-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #198
Dr.Hoopty

No. If you leave the pump on it won’t draw more than 1/4 amp for just the lit switch. The pump is on demand so it only pulls current when it operates. I leave mine on whether I’m plugged in or dry camping until I get home. I hope this gives you the answer to your question.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 AM   #199
Winnebago Owner

I have my water pump switch on unless im hooked up to a water supply.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #200
Dr.Hoopty

Yes. That’s what I do too.

Tags
intent