Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #161
Dr.Hoopty

I work for a county government agency and we just got consoles for our Tahoe sheriff vehicles. They’re black and 6” taller than what you have. I may put one in mine but since we use the front table a lot I don’t know. Gotta stew on it! I can get the model on Monday and let you know if you’d like. I used closed cell foam,(stiff), under the radio console to stop it from vibrating so much and it’s been working out good so far. We went to LA over Christmas last year and had to drive on 405, I’ll tell ya, glad I did that. It’s about the worst freeway I’ve ever been on.
Dr. Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #162
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Planning 3 long trips right now. First week of may going to Arizona, New Mexico, Arkansas and East Texas (relatives). Trip will be 10-14 days. Trip 2 last week of June to Yosemite, Coeur D'Alene ID, West Glacier MT, Vancouver BC, Seattle, Portland, Eugene, Sacramento and home. Third week of August going to Michigan to see grands and friends (originally from Michigan) and will be gone about 4 weeks...going via Salt Lake, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, etc. Lots of miles and loads of fun!
So, had to postpone next week to 5/13 departure. All reservations changed easily but now have to contend with Memorial Day traffic on return from Longview TX. Weather forecast is really bad for the area this week so maybe a godsend and will be better next.
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #163
2018 Intent 26M Owner

So as part of TV upgrade ran into questions about how many 110 outlets work using the inverter...in the 26M there are only 4...all three TVs (even outdoor in galley area) and the Refrigerator. Outdoor fridge is NOT working on inverter. Also for those who have noticed the GFI on wall in stairwell area this works when you are using 110 via land line and generator so if wall plug not working on 110 be sure to check and see if this got tripped.

Knowledge is key to full enjoyment!
Old 05-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #164
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Forgot...needed spot to plug in antenna charger for RVi3 brake system so the toad brake unit has power for long drives. I plugged it into out side TV wall socket and rather than the TV
Old 05-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #165
Winnebago Owner

Hey everybody!
Just got back from two weekends at jazz fest in NOLA. What a blast. We stayed in St Brenard State Park...saw an Intent there during our first weekend. It looked like a 30 footer. Found a couple quirks I need to talk to the service team about. The oulets in the galley (on the wall above the stove) and the bath room are dead. Just flat did not work at all. Checked the breakers and fuses, all was well there. Can't figure why those two aren't working. Also, the tailpipe for the generator became separated on the second drive down to NOLA. Thank goodness it didn't fall off completely and become road debris. It was just hanging on by the bracket. I'll have to get under there and reattach it.

Oh, I also took out my garage power outlets. I thought I'd be cool and use my 15amp adapter to plug in and get the fridge cooled down. Well, I ran a thick gauge extension cord from my garage, then the adapter, then the surge protector, then thr rigs plug. Little spark when I plugged the surge protector into the adapter, and that was it for my garage power outlets. No tripped circuit so I'm not sure what the hell is going on. Got an electrician coming to check that out.

Pro tip: if you wanna conduct a real world test of your smoke detectors, boil some water without turning on the vents or cracking open a window!
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:22 PM   #166
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to ya! We have just taken it out for a couple of weekends and absolutely loved it.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #167
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Hey everybody!
Just got back from two weekends at jazz fest in NOLA. What a blast. We stayed in St Brenard State Park...saw an Intent there during our first weekend. It looked like a 30 footer. Found a couple quirks I need to talk to the service team about. The oulets in the galley (on the wall above the stove) and the bath room are dead. Just flat did not work at all. Checked the breakers and fuses, all was well there. Can't figure why those two aren't working. Also, the tailpipe for the generator became separated on the second drive down to NOLA. Thank goodness it didn't fall off completely and become road debris. It was just hanging on by the bracket. I'll have to get under there and reattach it.

Oh, I also took out my garage power outlets. I thought I'd be cool and use my 15amp adapter to plug in and get the fridge cooled down. Well, I ran a thick gauge extension cord from my garage, then the adapter, then the surge protector, then thr rigs plug. Little spark when I plugged the surge protector into the adapter, and that was it for my garage power outlets. No tripped circuit so I'm not sure what the hell is going on. Got an electrician coming to check that out.

Pro tip: if you wanna conduct a real world test of your smoke detectors, boil some water without turning on the vents or cracking open a window!

If you were using 110 via land line or generator see my recent post about the GFI outlet located in the door well entrance above the power station. It was probably tripped and the 110 will not work when it is.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #168
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that out!
Old 05-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #169
Winnebago Owner

Hey guys... So just read up that I could run my fridge using the inverter when driving and avoid the big battery drain. Is the inverter always on or do I need to turn it on when I want to use it and off when I'm hooked to shore power? I haven't worked with an inverter before. Id been running the generator to power the fridge when on the road....
Old 05-08-2019, 05:58 PM   #170
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Inverter switch located on Wall between galley and bath. If green lightea on inverter working. Normally is off. 4 110 outlets work when inverter on. The 3 TV plugs and fridge.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #171
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Hey guys... So just read up that I could run my fridge using the inverter when driving and avoid the big battery drain. Is the inverter always on or do I need to turn it on when I want to use it and off when I'm hooked to shore power? I haven't worked with an inverter before. Id been running the generator to power the fridge when on the road....

This has come up a few times recently. You have to turn on the inverter, as Feiter said. BUT, you must turn it off before you turn on the generator. If not, you'll trip the inverter and have no power to the fridge or tv's.
The batteries will run the fridge for more than a day, depending on the use of other battery draining stuff. (2 red dots on the battery meter and you're ready to recharge. If you continuously drop below that the battery life will be shortened) Then you'll have to run the generator to recharge...don't forget to plug the cord into the generator receptacle.
Check the last page or two for instructions.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #172
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Inverter switch located on Wall between galley and bath. If green lightea on inverter working. Normally is off. 4 110 outlets work when inverter on. The 3 TV plugs and fridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
This has come up a few times recently. You have to turn on the inverter, as Feiter said. BUT, you must turn it off before you turn on the generator. If not, you'll trip the inverter and have no power to the fridge or tv's.
The batteries will run the fridge for more than a day, depending on the use of other battery draining stuff. (2 red dots on the battery meter and you're ready to recharge. If you continuously drop below that the battery life will be shortened) Then you'll have to run the generator to recharge...don't forget to plug the cord into the generator receptacle.
Check the last page or two for instructions.
Thank you both. So I don't need to access the inverter itself, just the panel switch? Not knowing better, I hit that switch once, and the green light didn't stay on. I don't think I had the genie running when I did. Gonna have to play with it this weekend.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #173
Winnebago Master

You have to press and hold for a second. You'll hear a beep and the green light will come on. If you do this and the refrigerator light isn't on...you aren't getting power from the inverter and will have to reset it.
On the 26m the inverter is located under the false floor under the kitchen sink. Remove the screws and lift the board out. With the inverter powered ON, press the reset button, just like a GFI and you'll be good to go!
Old 05-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #174
Winnebago Owner

Awesome! Thanks. More to play with this weekend! I did have an electrician come out and install a30amp outlet at the side of the house. It will be convenient to have fun hook up capability now when prepping for our next trip!
Old 05-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #175
Winnebago Owner

Im about to lose it,the dash ac doesnt work,the roof ac doesnt work,got 2 trips planned ,dealer says they cant get to it til june 24th,im not on the fastrack plan anymore where they get it in and fix it 30-45 days after you buy it which was jan 7th,who runs the ac,roof or dash in january when youre picking up.Ive had a lot of issues with this thing,thinking about contacting winnebago and see what happens.What do you guys think?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #176
Winnebago Owner

No Ac is crazy! There is a service bulletin for the cab area AC for sure. The dealer I bought from wouldn't let me take it until they had fixed it. Took about three hours. Not sure what they did. I'd contact Winnebago and see if there is another authorized service center that can get you in faster. Good luck.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #177
Winnebago Owner

Tech questions

Hi,
I have questions while summering in chilly New England from Florida for first time in 2018 30r Intent.
How do I hook up cable boxes to both TVs?
There is no way to move tv out so as to access cable wires.
Also, might there be a way to stream using my Firestick? WiFi is awful.
One more seemingly dumb question, how to fill fresh water tank and flush black?
Can’t find valves to add hoses for either.
Thank you for your help.
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #178
Winnebago Master

See answers in BOLD . I saw that you posted the same questions on IRV2. This site has much more traffic for Winnebago stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirSage View Post
Hi,
I have questions while summering in chilly New England from Florida for first time in 2018 30r Intent.
How do I hook up cable boxes to both TVs?
There is no way to move tv out so as to access cable wires.
You can hook up your cable box or dvd player to the cable or HDMI ports on the wall below the tv's. They are remote ports because you can't get to the back of the tv.

There are satellite and cable coax inlets on the outside that will feed all tv's.

Also, might there be a way to stream using my Firestick? WiFi is awful.
Same thing...plug it in to the HDMI port on the wall.

One more seemingly dumb question, how to fill fresh water tank and flush black?
Can’t find valves to add hoses for either.
I'm assuming that all INTENTs are the same, with one hose inlet to supply both city water and to fill the fresh water tank. Locate the small outside door that has all the hoses and valves to control the water system. There is a diagram on the door showing a valve to turn 90* counter-clockwise to fill the tank. When full it will drain from the overflow onto the ground. Turn the valve back the other way. The valve MUST be only used to fill the tank, then closed. If not, your water pump will just pump air.

The black tank flush hose fitting should be in the dump bay and clearly marked. BUT, if your coach was built before March of 2018, like mine, you don't have the black tank flush. (per Winnebago)

Thank you for your help.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #179
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
See answers in BOLD . I saw that you posted the same questions on IRV2. This site has much more traffic for Winnebago stuff.
Hey thank you for responding!
So the box can be hooked up outside?
I have that cable all set up and connected which worked in Maine.
Here in NH they handed me a cardboard box filled with hookup stuff.
Regarding streaming with firestick, thought a weboost or something similar might help as campground WiFi is weak. Too many users and tall trees, I was told by Mgr.
Didn’t see a black tank flush but will look again once weather improves a bit. Brr...
Thank you!!
SpirSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #180
Winnebago Master

Look at the yellow sticker next to the driver seat. It should have a build date at the top

Tags
intent