Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2019, 06:00 PM   #361
Winnie-Wise

After posting this answer, I just want to clarify. I did not fish the #6 down the black tank exhaust PVC pipe. I fished it "alongside" this vent pipe. Sorry for the confusions I may have caused. I removed the Vent Cap (1 screw) drilled a hole on the side of the vent pipe large enough to accomodate two #6's and fished it down. Removing the control panel in the hallway, gave me access to the progress of the fish job. Then simply ran the #6's along the floor under the kitchen cabinets till the big gaping hole just above the batteries. Then you can mount the Solar controller in that compartment or as I did, mounted it in the adjacent compartment. Your choice...

Thanks
Denny
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #362
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
K9AEG,

I’d be interested in some details of your solar system if you don’t mind. Also, why did you stick with 12v batteries? AGM? Total amp hours of the system? Did you also step up the charging system? I know the stock charger is only 55 amp and underpowered for a larger bank.

I will be going to larger capacity 6v, either 2 large batteries or 4 T105’s, then adding solar.
Thanks for any insight.

-Robb
You are the BEST Robb...thank you so much...no hurry for sure! Glad you are busy thought!!
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #363
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Alright, alright! It’s not difficult for me to make some. Give me a little bit of time and I’ll refine what I made and knock some out for you guys. My job is extremely busy right now, but it’s a fun project so I’ll squeeze it in.

Also, my fridge will open while pulling out of my side yard and turning onto the street if I don’t have it latched.

-Robb
YGoHom I would love one as well and am more than happy to pay if you are going to be making a batch of refrigerator latches. Lmk please.
darbyjserra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #364
Winnebago Master

Re: the fridge latch...

I took mine off to re-engineer it. It was really crude just to see if it would work. It worked so well I left it alone
I'm working 10-14 hour days right now, so this won't happen over night, but I'll get it done.

-Robb
Old 11-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #365
Winnebago Owner

Can i run the heat with only the inverter on? I know the roof ac has to be plugged in or generator on,but was camping ths weekend and went out ,cut off the generator ,then turned on the inverter before we left,forgot i had the heat still on til we got back,it was nice and warm,so im guessing i can do that ?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #366
Winnie-Wise

Heater should be ok running off the inverter if it draws less than 1000 watts.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #367
Winnebago Watcher

Are they building 2020 26m again? I see several dealers adv. 2020 26m.
MRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #368
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRogers View Post
Looking at their website, they do not show a 26m floorplan for 2020. They do show a 26Y.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #369
2018 Intent 26M Owner

2020 Intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRogers View Post
NO 26 footer....here is link to Intent site:

https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...ent/floorplans
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #370
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I think that’s a 28Y model to replace the 26m https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...ent/floorplans
Old 11-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #371
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Can i run the heat with only the inverter on? I know the roof ac has to be plugged in or generator on,but was camping ths weekend and went out ,cut off the generator ,then turned on the inverter before we left,forgot i had the heat still on til we got back,it was nice and warm,so im guessing i can do that ?

The heater doesn't need the inverter to run. Just like the lights, it's 12v and runs on the batteries. The inverter only operates the refrigerator and TV's.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #372
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I think that’s a 28Y model to replace the 26m https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...ent/floorplans
Anyone have any ideas-thoughts, why the 26m was scrapped after only two years. I wrote factory and they wouldn't say.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #373
Proud “No Intent” Owner

My “guess” is it was too short for the rental dealers to invest for their fleet? The 30r is more suited for rental fleets with the extra sleeping area. Doesn’t explain why the 28Y supplanted the 26M though.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #374
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Frig screw

Quote:
Re: the fridge latch...

I took mine off to re-engineer it. It was really crude just to see if it would work. It worked so well I left it alone
I'm working 10-14 hour days right now, so this won't happen over night, but I'll get it done.

-Robb
I hated how long it took to unscrew that thing. And we needed it since I changed the refrigerator door to open from the left side instead of the right to make loading groceries of of the dining table easier. That said, upon acceleration the door could come open—it did once.

My solution was to simply cut the screw’s length down so that it takes far less time, since the threads are so fine. Worked great.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:14 PM   #375
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
My “guess” is it was too short for the rental dealers to invest for their fleet? The 30r is more suited for rental fleets with the extra sleeping area. Doesn’t explain why the 28Y supplanted the 26M though.
Guess I never looked at it from the rental side. But does make some sense. I just love the 26m floor plan and standard options that was thinking maybe they couldn't make enough profit per unit. Not Winnie nor any other manufacture of class A's make such a nice unit as was the 26m. I looked at them all.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #376
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Missing 26M

Well, we love our 26M especially after upgrades to suspension and handling and I think it is an ideal size especially for first time owner like me.

I purchased exactly 1 year and 1 week ago today! I now have to say I do wish for a few things...I want a sofa (actually recliners) with great view of the TV and I want a larger shower. BTW, I don't want to give up the dinette.

So...the 29L would be my choice now and with the full right side slide gives me even more than I ask for. The TV is not only visible from the sofa but they upsized it to 39". Look at the 30...TV moves above the entrance door directly across from sofa.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 11-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #377
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Well, we love our 26M especially after upgrades to suspension and handling and I think it is an ideal size especially for first time owner like me.

I purchased exactly 1 year and 1 week ago today! I now have to say I do wish for a few things...I want a sofa (actually recliners) with great view of the TV and I want a larger shower. BTW, I don't want to give up the dinette.

So...the 29L would be my choice now and with the full right side slide gives me even more than I ask for. The TV is not only visible from the sofa but they upsized it to 39". Look at the 30...TV moves above the entrance door directly across from sofa.
For the two of us, (no pets) the 26 is great for us. Wife sits in dinette facing TV. I set in passenger seat facing tv or my computer and ham radio setup towards the front. Very convenient. BTW if you want a recliner, I seen some that will replace the Passenger seat but for a few bucks to say the least. Ive decided to just use the drivers seat for my ottman .. One advantage of this position (passenger side) for me is the great view I get thru windshield !!

I just like to keep the length down to the 26' as we do a lot of dry camping in NF lands that have real small sites sometimes.

Denny
Old 11-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #378
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Pantry (skinny shelf) Replacement Woes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
yep... got a pic.. but it maybe upside down as the others. Don't know whats wrong with the upload

This is the slide I used... The rest is just simple woodworking, measuring, remeasuring, trying to make sure all fits and lives harmoniously with its new envirnment.... .

.https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-24inch-2...72.m2749.l2649
Hey Denny..et all! Hope you are settled in Arizona and safe. So, wanted to give an update on my progress for slide out pantry (this is what Winnebago calls the shelf under the TV next to fridge) shelf.

First...I decided I wanted to use the faceplate and door of the current cabinet so can just pull on the current handle and have the unit slide out. I was able to remove the faceplate with some damage but glue and a few screws and it is very usable after trim..the molding around the refrigerator and a piece on the dinette seat hits the face frame when sliding.

Regarding the slides: Denny as you know your slide recommendation is from a Chinese company which I found out when the pair I ordered arrived with a broken left side lock and the left slide itself did not have a whole punched where the lock engages...When I tried to get supplier to send left side they refused but did give me full credit and I have kept the useless slides. Also, the slide I received is only 22" while the existing shelf is 25". I really wanted to try to use the entire volume of the 25 x 10.25 area using full extension slides.

So, I ordered BLUM 24" Heavy Duty from Amazon but only supplier with 24" in stock was in New Jersey. here is link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please be aware you are only receiving the slides and the locking mechanisms (4 choices) and mounting screws must be purchased separate.

I have built the shelf to BLUM specifications and even installed the locking mechanisms as the slides were to be delivered today. UPS says they delivered the slides yesterday to my front door and I did NOT receive them....so, I still can't complete the project (fyi...I think this is the first time UPS actually lost a shipment of mine...they have been late and I have had damaged but never lost).

IMPORTANT! Finding the 24" slides is very difficult as most suppliers and the home stores only carry 21 or 22" (works best with standard drawers and cabinets) and very few carry any bottom mount. I am NOT able to find any locally. I am asking NJ supplier to ship again and see if UPS will use next day air at their expense due to their losing the original shipment...no response yet.

I want to emphasize the importance of your measurements and building to the slide spec you order....don't do what I have done and build the shelf before you receive the slides. Measure multiple times. FYI...the Chinese slide arrives without any specifications or installation instructions and there is no known manufacturer so there actually are NO SPECS if you use that product. You are on your own with trial and error.

Also, after demolition of current shelf you will find the mounting surfaces are very thin and the wall aside the dinette actually moves as WIN relies on the face plate to hold in place. So, I built a new base that I will mount the slides to and then install the base rather than try to mount the slides to the very thin interior walls.

I am including two pictures today and will submit an update with complete pics after I am able to complete the project.

Excited to be able to share the design with you actually utilizing the faceplate and existing door...hopefully will be complete right after Thanksgiving.

Best to all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4116.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	172442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4118.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	172443  

Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #379
Winnie-Wise

Looks good. Good Job!
Yep, you did well to build a new strong base. My China slides mounted to the base of the shelf, which was too weak also. So I needed to beef that base up a bit also.

I really enjoy these kinds of projects, because it gets one to think engineering style. (I mean Good Practical Engineering, not like our auto's are built today, where one cannot even find the engine anymore. )

Am now working on a "cloths chute" accessible from rear back of the closet. And clothes removed from outside entertainment/tailgate lid. Naturally here in Arizona I'm not with much woodworking tools, but I think I can pull this off, with the few tools I have.
Will post pictures when it looks like something.

Denny
Old 11-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #380
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Finished Pantry Pull Out

Found my lost Blum Slides outside a neighbors door yesterday so was able to finish the shelf today.

Turns out supplier sent me 23" not 24 as ordered so don't get full extension and I had to add a 1" piece of wood to front on drawer and then remount the locks.

It was a fun project and going to really improve usability of that shelf. I may trim 1/2" off the back as not getting full effect of the soft close with current size.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4128.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	172446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4123.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	172447  

Name:	IMG_4125.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	172448   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4124.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	172449  

Tags
intent