Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2020, 09:08 PM   #601
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
All,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm trying to get them in the mail this week.
Feiter had some hardware issues, so I've got the necessary stuff now. Unfortunately, I have mixed stuff - a phillips and a button head socket. I can't find any 10-32 phillips at my usual stops. 10-24 all day, but no damn 10-32's! All the included hardware is stainless steel.

Anyway, this is the current list:
SCCAFIRE
Lowdie24
Wyatt
K9AEG
BROAD ST.

Now I've got to find a suitable box to send them in. For those who have asked how much - FREEEE!! I wasn't planning on charging any $$ for 'em, just hooking you guys up.

-Robb
Thanks!

You like Starbucks?
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #602
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
As inspired by Wyatt, named our 26m today.

Meaning, "He is the creator; made all, so He owns all. "
and
Meaning "It is His Intent, where we call camp next"
May you be blessed in your travels...
Old 04-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #603
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Yes, found it schematic at Winnebago. Is Water Heater Control Module Board and Housing. Doesn't look like the wiring would be same as water pump and rear lights.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #604
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Ok, finally finished my "Mods and More" video. If you have some downtime, you might find some of it new and interesting—probably many things you already knew and have done.

Cheers, Wyatt

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3859566
Old 04-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #605
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I think the receptable was accessible from inside the water control area and maybe by removing the drawers under the bedroom TV. Then I routed up into the bathroom cabinet, behind the drawer, behind the oven, then under the sink false floor. It was very easy to run it through. I put a receptacle there next to the inverter. Then ran a cord up to the TV. I believe if you scroll back through the pages here, you'll see some pictures. I was originally going to plug it directly into the inverter, but for some reason it didn't work as I planned. ???
Thanks! I was reading over the inverter specs/instructions. There is a GFCI on the back of it. I’m wondering why the extra socket on the back of that unit couldn’t have been utilized?
Old 04-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #606
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Yes, found it schematic at Winnebago. Is Water Heater Control Module Board and Housing. Doesn't look like the wiring would be same as water pump and rear lights.
So Bill have been concerned about your problem there. Are you making any "heads or tails" out of this power loss you are experiencing?

Feel free to PM me if necessary... OK?
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:23 PM   #607
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
May you be blessed in your travels...

Thankyou and same back to you guys...
Old 04-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #608
Winnie-Wise

So does everyone's Tank Indicators work? Ours kinda suck...
Old 04-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #609
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Missing slide out caps...

Remember bdubs? Well, he’s the guy who started this amazing thread. His gallery popped up today, and I noticed something I also noticed on my Intent.
The small white plastic caps were missing on the slide outs. I got Winnebago to send me a pack of ten back when they were still sending out parts under warrant, and I needed all of them as every one of mine were missing.
So much for “Dealer prep”.
Go check next time your near you RV...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	296C4991-6C8C-42D8-B10A-A61908C4ADD4.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	173348   Click image for larger version

Name:	A9A67061-90CF-4B22-8F17-2867478E3E0C.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	173349  

Old 04-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #610
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Mine did not after awhile. But after thoroughly degreasing they tanks with this stuff, I was finally getting them back to reading correctly. Empty, when empty...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B56D66D2-A2CF-4C67-A333-20401D9C41D7.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	173351  
Old 04-24-2020, 09:07 PM   #611
2018 Intent 26M Owner

No solutions just additonal problems...other things have continued to fail

Working closely with Wyatt and he is a big help having me test and do certain tasks to try to isolate the problem...nothing so far but it appears both the pump and wiring harness are an issue as no voltage down there.

Thanks for asking...any ideas. May have already considered as Wyatt and I are primarily private messaging.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #612
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Remember bdubs? Well, he’s the guy who started this amazing thread. His gallery popped up today, and I noticed something I also noticed on my Intent.
The small white plastic caps were missing on the slide outs. I got Winnebago to send me a pack of ten back when they were still sending out parts under warrant, and I needed all of them as every one of mine were missing.
So much for “Dealer prep”.
Go check next time your near you RV...
Yep, back at the national dealer La Masa RV, they assured me that the "independent" contractor that checks my coach over, will catch everything that is wrong with it before I take delivery, for a nominal cost to me of $1000. Well, that was money thrown into the wind. I told them the passenger chair didn't swivel before I even signed on the dotted line. They wrote it down with several other descriptancies I had found. Well, guess what? When I came to take delivery, the chair wasn't fixed. Furthermore, I had to wait 4 hours for them to get Winnie approval to do the repairs and then repair. So I ended up driving new coach home during RUSH hour in Phoenix. I was not a happy camper for sure.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:45 PM   #613
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
No solutions just additonal problems...other things have continued to fail

Working closely with Wyatt and he is a big help having me test and do certain tasks to try to isolate the problem...nothing so far but it appears both the pump and wiring harness are an issue as no voltage down there.

Thanks for asking...any ideas. May have already considered as Wyatt and I are primarily private messaging.
I am truly sorry for your problems. But being a trouble shooter most of my career, I have to still ask, what was your last task before you turned the lights off and went back into the house? Most problems are caused by us technicians moving wires.
Keep trying to eliminate one at a time... keeping it simple.
Just wish you were here in Arizona. I would be with you physically on this problem...
Old 04-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #614
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Hi Bill,

I took this photo today of where that box is on my water heater. Have you figured it out yet? Does look like could be tstat wires, but I didn’t see a grey wire.
Does look like thermostat box for water heater, and not correctly mounted as I would think foam on tank would be removed for that box and attached directly to tank surface. Should be able to disconnect that box and see if your wiring issues disappear.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:10 AM   #615
Winnebago Master

I think it was because if I plugged the TV into it, it was only powered if the inverter was on. I need it to work on shore power as well.

Quote:
Thanks! I was reading over the inverter specs/instructions. There is a GFCI on the back of it. I’m wondering why the extra socket on the back of that unit couldn’t have been utilized?
Old 04-25-2020, 01:12 AM   #616
Winnebago Master

These are the worst level indicators I’ve ever had. I believe it’s because the tanks are so shallow that a slight difference in the coach being out of level will give a false reading.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #617
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Yep, back at the national dealer La Masa RV, they assured me that the "independent" contractor that checks my coach over, will catch everything that is wrong with it before I take delivery, for a nominal cost to me of $1000. Well, that was money thrown into the wind. I told them the passenger chair didn't swivel before I even signed on the dotted line. They wrote it down with several other descriptancies I had found. Well, guess what? When I came to take delivery, the chair wasn't fixed. Furthermore, I had to wait 4 hours for them to get Winnie approval to do the repairs and then repair. So I ended up driving new coach home during RUSH hour in Phoenix. I was not a happy camper for sure.
LaMesa did the same to me, only they charged me the $1000 for "up to 8 hours with tech to ask any questions and explain or demonstrate operation". I used all 8 hours walking through the motor home, writing down things that needed to be fixed, and just checking each system.

On delivery day I sent it back to get the swivel for the captains chairs fixed along with a number of other small issues I told them I would not take delivery until they fixed. Several had I pointed out when we signed the "intent to purchase" papers. It made for a long day at the dealership.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:29 AM   #618
Site Team

Odd. I bought my Winnebago from La Mesa Albuquerque. I spent 6 hours going over everything and then had them repair things before purchase. No $1000 charge. That PDI Fee sounds like some bogus F&I guy profit center kind of charge.

We then camped literally across the street for 4-days. Each day I took the RV back over to La Mesa for quick repairs.

On day three there was a gusher of hydraulic fluid front right side of the coach. A leveling jack leaked. I took the coach over to La Mesa and they had no jacks in stock and wanted to order it and ship it to us when we got home. We were leaving the next day and said no to that and they took a jack off another Adventurer they had in stock to get me on the road the next day.

Everything had been fixed in the 4-days we were there. And, there were no charges for anything.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #619
Winnie-Wise

That is what I should have done. Camped in Mesa where they are located, and give the coach a shake down while in the area.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:08 PM   #620
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
The switches I installed were for the stock ceiling LED’s in the main cabin, shower area, bathroom and bedroom. They all dim just fine and do not flicker, using that switch I included a screenshot of from Amazon.
I’ve also replaced All other incandescent bulbs from the amber step light, to the storage bay lights, closest, running lights, porch light (now motion activated),headlights, brake lights, even the refrigerator light, I’ve got a lot of time on my hands I guess...
My Amazon Brake, Tail Led's arived...
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was a Plug N Play installation. No load resistors required. Flash speed wasn't changed. Biggest problem is gingerly removing the cheap tail light housing without breaking them.

These 3156 non polarity led lamps are brighter.

Going to change out front 3057 directional lights next along with the T-10 marker lights.

Tags
intent