Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2020, 11:15 PM   #761
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I’ve been busy again. New kitchen faucet and cupboard organizing. The new couch is in, and the wife’s new coffee bar is finished.

Damn pictures! I purposely took the pictures with the iBone upright so it wouldn't get confused and post sideways.
I guess I have to go back to doing the screen shot trick.
To help you, I keep telling everyone, take a photo of what you want to post, then simply take a SCREENSHOT of that photo. It removes the tag that delineates the orientation, and makes it right. It will also compress the photo, and makes for faster uploading multiple pictures.

Like this...

Now, to your mods. Nice job! I like how you concealed the old plugs.

Question is, now that you have the recliner’s, how do you watch the tv from that angle?

Last question. So where do you dine?

I’m thinking you might need a tv over the entery door now to do that...

Oh, did I just give you another project?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D7319180-177F-4F4F-90AF-12AB9F49FD9D.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	173835  
Old 06-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #762
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
To help you, I keep telling everyone, take a photo of what you want to post, then simply take a SCREENSHOT of that photo. It removes the tag that delineates the orientation, and makes it right. It will also compress the photo, and makes for faster uploading multiple pictures.

Like this...

Now, to your mods. Nice job! I like how you concealed the old plugs.

Question is, now that you have the recliner’s, how do you watch the tv from that angle?

Last question. So where do you dine?

I’m thinking you might need a tv over the entery door now to do that...

Oh, did I just give you another project?
Yup, I'm aware of the screenshot trick. I have been doing it, but not this time.

I have pictures buried in this LONG thread. It looks like the answers to your questions were given shortly after you joined this forum.
I made a new table between the front seats and added a large TV over the door.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CF3B2637-72A1-46E5-94B0-754DE07BFF18.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	173840   Click image for larger version

Name:	257356FE-E8E0-4AF5-90C0-9811373C9872.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	173841  

Name:	5B03599F-8CCD-4C59-87F9-FE574BEC81B4.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	173842   Click image for larger version

Name:	2F49ED57-D778-4212-AA7B-3E693FB0242E.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	173843  

Old 06-06-2020, 11:59 PM   #763
Winnebago Master

Another project I want to take another stab at is the electrical cord. It works much better than a pile on the bottom, but I'm not happy with it. The dump bay is a little tight and I'd like to get the electrical stuff out.
I was gifted a very nice, 2 bottle water filtering system, but there's really just no room for it. Only place is maybe in the forward compartment, but then that just makes getting chairs out even more difficult.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181223_120226.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	173844  
Old 06-07-2020, 07:16 AM   #764
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I’ve been busy again. New kitchen faucet and cupboard organizing. The new couch is in, and the wife’s new coffee bar is finished.

Damn pictures! I purposely took the pictures with the iBone upright so it wouldn't get confused and post sideways.
I guess I have to go back to doing the screen shot trick.
All looks very nice. Another fine job.

(I wonder if Winnebago eng-design looks at this forum for possible future ideas?)
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #765
2018 Intent 26M Owner

new update and improvement questions

Hi all, been a while since my last post so wanted to give update. about a month ago lost out on 2015 Forest River Berkshire XL located in Florida. This unit only had 20K miles and was priced about $23K below any other unit I found for sale. After about a week of negotiation it became obvious the dealer realized his pricing mistake and drug out the negotion. I dropped out after 9 days..next day the unit was listed as sold and selling price and last asking price not listed. Anyway, decided to put off the pusher purchase unit at least next year. )

Update on my water pump and 12V electric system problems. After a month of frustration trying to find reason for problems (they were always present and worse when batteries were discharged about 40%). Three weeks at dealer seems to have resulted in fix but they admitted they don't really know the cause also. They say they were unable to duplicate the dimming of lights and even the propane detector going off at these low voltage conditions and they discharged my new bats to 12.4. So are everthing is working great again. also had roof resealed and a whole punched in the left front panel area caused by running over a wheel barrow in my storage area.

Researched all the postings here on Intent group page and found a few postings about the addition of Sumo Springs and Koni Shocks. My unit is at my very capable Alignment shop right now and anticipating quote to add both...quite a expense all at once. FYI for those who havent researched. Sumos are about $600 eac end just for parts and the Konis are about $375 each end. My quote will include installation and double checking alignment and steering stabilizer settings.

Question is the cash output worth the upgrades? I really need to improve ride after addion of front and rear drag links and the stabilizer.

Look forward to comments and advice from anyone who has did the install.

Thanks
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #766
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Question is the cash output worth the upgrades? I really need to improve ride after addion of front and rear drag links and the stabilizer.
I don't have an Intent. But I do have a 37' Gas Class A and I have put a Steering Stabilizer, Sumo Springs all around, Koni FSD Shocks and a Roadmaster rear anti-roll bar.

The ride? It's every bit as harsh as before maybe even more harsh. There is very little issue with trucks passing us. There is better steering control. There's a little bit less body tilt. And, the Konis seemed to smooth out very small bumps a tiny bit, but nothing helps dips, drops and bridge transitions. BANG!

The only thing that helped "ride" was figuring out the best tire pressure and running about 10 psi below the factory settings - but I based this on 4-corner weighing when completely loaded, full of fuel and water and passengers, etc.

For a while I flirted with running the psi at the bottom of acceptable and the ride did improve but tire wear suffered and it was a pain keeping cold pressures up in cold climates - I had to add air on cold mornings before driving and that was a real pain.

I have gone back to a happy medium PSI but... the ride is once again harsher.

The Ford F53 is a work truck chassis. It's a dump truck, a flatbed hauler and even a Bluebird school bus. The design is straight out of 1937. It's got a strong, reliable truck engine and chassis and can take 100,000 tough hauling miles of WORK.

It's never going to ride like anything else without a complete make over of the suspension. Something none of us can afford when we could just sell it and get a diesel pusher with an air ride suspension.

We've driven ours 28,000 miles now and have come to terms with it. We love it when it's parked and we're camping in it. When driving bad roads we hate everything about it.

PS. To save money on your "upgrades" buy your parts online at lower prices and just have the shop install them. You'll save hundreds of dollars.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:25 AM   #767
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Sumo/Koni

Wow, so sorry for your experience. Not often I’ve read of need for suspensions improving on DPs. The Berkshire I wanted had Freightliner XPS suspension and comments are rides like a dream.

Agree with everything you said about F53 and a lot of upgrades and expense needed for sure. Those I have done so far have all resulted in handling improvements and road buffering. I have calculated tire pressure using same system and have TPS systems. My understanding is Koni are adjustable. Have you? Did you self install? Age of your coach?

Thanks for your input and will consider not need input on coach similar in weight.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 06-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #768
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Winegard Connect 2

I have loved this product and it performed extremely well as our on the move Mobil hotspot traveling almost from coast to coast last year without unlimited ATT data plan and it did boost parks WiFi in many cases. Att cancelled the unlimited and very cheap annual plan and I had a hell of a time getting it working again after plan year expiration.

Now have new SIM and working good again bot plan is $55/mo. Learned following: Don’t contact anyone at ATT other than their Mobil connect group and don’t tell them you have an RV. Car connect and follow setup instructions for Winegard and you can accomplish renewal totally on line. No new expensive device needed like store personnel tried to sell me.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #769
Site Team

Quote:
Wow, so sorry for your experience. Not often I’ve read of need for suspensions improving on DPs. The Berkshire I wanted had Freightliner XPS suspension and comments are rides like a dream.
Perhaps you misunderstand... my RV is not a DP. It's a Ford 53 Gas Class A. So, I was speaking of my mods on it, not on a DP.

Quote:
My understanding is Koni are adjustable. Have you? Did you self install? Age of your coach?
The Koni FSD shocks put on the Ford F53 are not adjustable.

I purchased everything myself online at discount and had my local shop install all the parts.

I also did each job one at a time. So, I could see if each mod made any change. If you do them all at once you lose prospective on what mod yields what change.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #770
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Sumo/Koni

Sorry I should have looked at your profile before answering. My alignment guy confirmed new Koni are not adjustable but was shocked at hearing your comments. He says he has done about 200 installations and can count on one hand number dissatisfied. Suggests you contact manufacturers as both are very helpful.

Based on quotes going with rear track bar ( already have sway bar), Koni front and rear and front only Sumos.

Thanks and best to you.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #771
Winnebago Master

Bill, the rear track bar is a must. I thought you already did it around the time I did mine?

The KONI's are not adjustable, as creativepart said. I tried the Bilsteins but the ride was unbearably harsh.
I talked to a KONI rep about their newest shock, and he actually steered me back to keeping the stock oil shocks. I had read that many people with a short, lightweight RV like we have were unhappy with the ride, and the rep agreed.
They only sell 1 shock part number for all F53 front, and 1 for the rear...regardless of weight.
It makes sense that it rides harsh on a 16k chassis, and really soft on a 22k chassis. It's the same shock dealing with a difference of 6,000 pounds!

SUMO's...I've read similar accounts of adding to the harshness on the lightweight coaches. I tried airbags in the rear with bad results.
Always buy from a company that takes returns!
Old 06-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #772
Winnebago Owner

YGoHom - New kitchen faucet

What model is that, I'd like to replace mine too. Need to replace my outside kitchen too (too low).
Old 06-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #773
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Yup, I'm aware of the screenshot trick. I have been doing it, but not this time.

I have pictures buried in this LONG thread. It looks like the answers to your questions were given shortly after you joined this forum.
I made a new table between the front seats and added a large TV over the door.
Thanks Robb,

I knew I had seen a tv over the entry door (nice job again), but couldn’t remember who, or where.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #774
Winnebago Master

That's the issue with this thread. While it's all encompassing, it's hard to remember who did what. You were the one who got me doing the screen shot trick, I just couldn't remember who at the time

I go back through all the pages from time to time to refresh. I suggest all newbies do the same! There's a ton of info here.

The TV over the door is a must with our new set-up. My wife still uses the one by the fridge when she's working, sitting in the front seats.

Next up is the sliding drawer for the skinny cabinet next to the fridge. There's 2 or 3 versions as examples in this thread.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #775
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUSoCal View Post
YGoHom - New kitchen faucet

What model is that, I'd like to replace mine too. Need to replace my outside kitchen too (too low).

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Comllen-Comme.../dp/B07BFV4WP5

You'll need 2 adapters to complete the job. 3/8" male X 1/2" male.
Attach the small end to the supplied water lines, then the large end will go to the RV plumbing. The supplied lines are a perfect length to loop out of the way.
The faucet has waaay more water pressure than the stock plastic one. It's very solid and the handles don't squeak! Good purchase.

Take care when positioning the handle and which way you want it to point for cold and hot water.
With the lever on the right, I had to reverse the lines to get the hot lever pointing to the wall.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #776
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Sorry I should have looked at your profile before answering. My alignment guy confirmed new Koni are not adjustable but was shocked at hearing your comments. He says he has done about 200 installations and can count on one hand number dissatisfied. Suggests you contact manufacturers as both are very helpful.

Based on quotes going with rear track bar ( already have sway bar), Koni front and rear and front only Sumos.

Thanks and best to you.
I’ve posted this before, about the Koni Shocks. While they are not manually adjustable, they claim their technology “self adjusts” to the road conditions.

I’m very happy with them, over the stock F53 shocks. On our rig, it did smooth out—not eliminate—but smooth out the transitions on freeways over bridges and underpasses. I actually think it drives very nice now, and smooth. Contrast that to others, I call it a joy to drive now. But I also did the other enhancements as well—steering stabilizer and front and read sway bars.

This is a quote from Koni’s web site:” Koni is also offering our new Frequency Selective Damper (FSD) for select motorhomes. This new shock has a special valve that filters out vibrations before they get into the coach”

Hey, it’s on the web, so it must be true...
Old 06-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #777
Winnebago Master

That's the same info that the KONI sales rep told me...then suggested that my ride would definitely be rougher than with the stock oil filled shocks.

Wyatt - sounds like you like the ride?

Feiter's got the most mileage out of all of us, I think.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:02 PM   #778
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
That's the same info that the KONI sales rep told me...then suggested that my ride would definitely be rougher than with the stock oil filled shocks.

Wyatt - sounds like you like the ride?

Feiter's got the most mileage out of all of us, I think.
Suffice to say, if I had to put them on again, I would. Way better than stock IMHO.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #779
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Suffice to say, if I had to put them on again, I would. Way better than stock IMHO.
Damn you! Now you're going to make me re-think it
Old 06-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #780
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Koni Shocks

Quote:
Damn you! Now you're going to make me re-think it
You’ve been on the fence about this for awhile now. I don’t what to be responsible if you don’t like the ride, because you’ve been very good to me. But, I think they’re the best option out there right now.

Tags
intent