Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #581
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I’m still scratching my head as to why you didn’t just run a wire from the back of the inverter plug to your new coffee plug in the kitchen—it’s right there?
And how on the heck did you get the wire from the back bedroom fished all-of the way into the kitchen? It’s not like you can fish through the walls.

Without knowing exactly what you did, it’s hard to troubleshoot, but whatever you did is probably the proximate cause, as everything worked fine before you did all that. I’d retrace the install with a voltmeter and find the issue that way...
Yes, being in the repair business way too many years, the 1st question that should always be asked, is "What was the last thing you did? What was your last change you made?

Then go from there.

I do not understand what all you done or how or why. So I cannot even make a dangerous comment on what needs to be done.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #582
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
thank you great find.
Do u have diagram on how the switch is wired?
Old 04-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #583
Winnie-Wise

Named my Intent

As inspired by Wyatt, named our 26m today.

Meaning, "He is the creator; made all, so He owns all. "
and
Meaning "It is His Intent, where we call camp next"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200420-174715_Photos.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	173330  
Old 04-20-2020, 07:39 PM   #584
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Oh come on you guys. I told you exactly what I did in my posts. It was very simple and is certainly not the cause of the problem I am having now...I told you everything was working great after I got done. Only problem was the 1500 watts sucked by the Keurig coffee maker on initial start up.

I removed the one outlet gang box that the bedroom TV was plugged into...this box had one piece of romex, I believe 18 gage providing the power to TV. I added a 15 amp dual outlet to a new box as their box is a piece of crap and did not allow me to also plug in a Amazon fire stick. I ran a second piece of romex, 14 gage, form the new 15 amp outlet and removing the right closed panel allows easy access to all the wire and the bedroom cabinet. I also removed the bottom panels from the bathroom cabinet, the cool air vent under the stove (No filter either), the kitchen drawers and the bottom panel under kitchen sink. If you do all this you can run wire hand by hand and not need a fish. Because I could not run wire through the foam insulation on outside wall to the one existing kitchen cabinet I added a new box and outlet in front kitchen cabinet. I did not cut any wires at all, just disconnected the romex from the outlet box where the bedroom tv is.

So, what is the box I described sitting on the water heater? I think it is the problem as I described in my last private message to you Wyatt. here is the picture of it.. as I said, when I found and moved this, it was sitting loose on slope side of hot water heater, the lights went out. When I move it again a while ago, the lights came back on and now work but they are so dim they are actually useless for anything other than a nightlight. Believe me, I am quite handy, have done a lot of wiring at my house including adding circuit breakers for home and a 30 amp four shore power for my RV.

Please advise what the item in pick is and thanks.
Attached Images

Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #585
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Oh come on you guys. I told you exactly what I did in my posts. It was very simple and is certainly not the cause of the problem I am having now...I told you everything was working great after I got done. Only problem was the 1500 watts sucked by the Keurig coffee maker on initial start up.

I removed the one outlet gang box that the bedroom TV was plugged into...this box had one piece of romex, I believe 18 gage providing the power to TV. I added a 15 amp dual outlet to a new box as their box is a piece of crap and did not allow me to also plug in a Amazon fire stick. I ran a second piece of romex, 14 gage, form the new 15 amp outlet and removing the right closed panel allows easy access to all the wire and the bedroom cabinet. I also removed the bottom panels from the bathroom cabinet, the cool air vent under the stove (No filter either), the kitchen drawers and the bottom panel under kitchen sink. If you do all this you can run wire hand by hand and not need a fish. Because I could not run wire through the foam insulation on outside wall to the one existing kitchen cabinet I added a new box and outlet in front kitchen cabinet. I did not cut any wires at all, just disconnected the romex from the outlet box where the bedroom tv is.

So, what is the box I described sitting on the water heater? I think it is the problem as I described in my last private message to you Wyatt. here is the picture of it.. as I said, when I found and moved this, it was sitting loose on slope side of hot water heater, the lights went out. When I move it again a while ago, the lights came back on and now work but they are so dim they are actually useless for anything other than a nightlight. Believe me, I am quite handy, have done a lot of wiring at my house including adding circuit breakers for home and a 30 amp four shore power for my RV.

Hmm... i’m not sure what that box does but it looks to me that your drawer maybe hitting it when you open and close it and knock some wires loose inside of it. Just a thought.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #586
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
As inspired by Wyatt, named our 26m today.

Meaning, "He is the creator; made all, so He owns all. "
and
Meaning "It is His Intent, where we call camp next"
Cool! Now if I see you driving down the road I know who you are!
Old 04-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #587
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Hmm... i’m not sure what that box does but it looks to me that your drawer maybe hitting it when you open and close it and knock some wires loose inside of it. Just a thought.
I'm thinking I seen that box. But dusting off my brain, I cannot recall what it is used for. If I was to guess, it's some kind of junction box. MH's use these often. Wyatt mentioned drawer hitting it. Could be... check it out.

I was confused by your earlier post with inverter behind tv. My bedroom tv did not have one of those, and my meager brain had problems recalling all you were setting out to achieve. Sorry about that.

Also, don't know why your coffee pot was a problem. My keurig doesn't. And am sure you wouldn't have left your new batts drained like that overnight, without shore power.

So guess just try and understand what may have gone wrong, assuming overnight. Hope your inverter is turned on etc....

Denny
Old 04-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #588
Winnebago Camper

Inverter Question

I bought a Winegard in motion satellite. How do I power the Dish Wally with the inverter? The TV works with the inverter but the plug for the satellite box does not. Thanks
BigEthel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #589
Winnebago Camper

Roof cables on 29L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEthel80 View Post
I have a 2020 Intent 29L. I bought a new Winegard Roadtrip T4. Has anyone installed one of these before on an Intent? . The unit has two coaxial cables and a 12 volt power cable. I think there may be some pre-wiring in the roof but, probably not what I need. I have two Walley Dish boxes for the front and back TV’s. I was wondering if I could run a HDMI from the bedroom box to the outdoor TV. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. This is my first RV. My brother has an older RV and was a contractor so, he is going to help me. By the way, I bought the satellite from Amazon so the dealer would not install it.

Paul
Delaware
I guess no one has added a satellite to the roof of their intent? Trying to find out what cables are in the roof under the sticker. The satellite I bought requires 12 volt power cable. It is not powered through the coax on this model. Thanks
BigEthel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #590
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
HELP!!!
So a new problem...please keep in mind I have been doing electrical work including changing batteries to 2 100AH AGMs, adding a bluetooth battery monitor, removing the bedroom TV inverter powered wall plug and replacing with convention two outlet plug and running new 14 gage romex from that plug to kitchen where I installed a new wall plug.

Everything was working geat when I left RV yesterday after completing above. I did notice when I turned bay located power switch to on that the water pump did not make noise, at least I thought that. So, I have no lights in hall and bedroom except for light below the TV manual switch and the light in the closet..Also, the water pump is not running. It seems like everything else is working.

I do not have a blown fuse and I have reset all 6 breakers and I went out and even shut off the main power again and turned back on.

I am about to pull the TV back down to see if I have a loose wire but don't think that is issue as all the wire I removed and added to is romex and I think the wiring for lights is the 18 gage yellow.s

Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
It seems like the things you've mentioned that aren't working are all 12 volt devices. So check the charge on the house battery, make sure the battery disconnect switch is turned on, make sure you've got power to your converter/battery charger.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #591
2018 Intent 26M Owner

I believe I advised earlier you will not find wires in roof as you are thinking when I told you I did add a Winegard Connect 2 to my roof.

Easiest way to get to are you can hook up to power is drill hold next to Sewer vent pipe and you will have access to where the control panel is on your RV. I have added two items to this area..a Battery monitor and the Winegard Connect 2 power switch.

you don't way if the Dish is 12v and will run off inverter power or if you need 110 but both are available in this area.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BMV1.jpg
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	173335  
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 04-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #592
2018 Intent 26M Owner

check out my posts on this thread...I have added a line to the invert box at bedroom TV...rather than running to kitchen like I did all you have to do is run it two your dish...you can replace single gang plug to dual at that time.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #593
Winnebago Master

I have also tapped into an inverter powered receptacle with no issue. I added Romex to the outdoor TV plug and ran it forward in the cabinets, up under the kitchen sink. That's where I plug in the TV that I added above the entry door.

Quote:
check out my posts on this thread...I have added a line to the invert box at bedroom TV...rather than running to kitchen like I did all you have to do is run it two your dish...you can replace single gang plug to dual at that time.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #594
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEthel80 View Post
I bought a Winegard in motion satellite. How do I power the Dish Wally with the inverter? The TV works with the inverter but the plug for the satellite box does not. Thanks
Where are you trying to plug the satellite box into? The plug for the rear bedroom tv, only runs in the inverter. And it only has one socket, and that’s used for the TV. If you Swapp that receptacle out to a regulars household 120v plug, you should be able to run the TV and Satellite box off of that one plug. Or course you could always just use an adapter as well, that allows you to plug two things into one socket.
Only thing to remember, the Intent inverters are only 1,000 watts. Collectively, you need to stay under that load limit.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #595
Winnebago Master

Refrigerator Latch

All,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm trying to get them in the mail this week.
Feiter had some hardware issues, so I've got the necessary stuff now. Unfortunately, I have mixed stuff - a phillips and a button head socket. I can't find any 10-32 phillips at my usual stops. 10-24 all day, but no damn 10-32's! All the included hardware is stainless steel.

Anyway, this is the current list:
SCCAFIRE
Lowdie24
Wyatt
K9AEG
BROAD ST.

Now I've got to find a suitable box to send them in. For those who have asked how much - FREEEE!! I wasn't planning on charging any $$ for 'em, just hooking you guys up.

-Robb
Old 04-21-2020, 03:23 PM   #596
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
All,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm trying to get them in the mail this week.
Feiter had some hardware issues, so I've got the necessary stuff now. Unfortunately, I have mixed stuff - a phillips and a button head socket. I can't find any 10-32 phillips at my usual stops. 10-24 all day, but no damn 10-32's! All the included hardware is stainless steel.

Anyway, this is the current list:
SCCAFIRE
Lowdie24
Wyatt
K9AEG
BROAD ST.

Now I've got to find a suitable box to send them in. For those who have asked how much - FREEEE!! I wasn't planning on charging any $$ for 'em, just hooking you guys up.

-Robb
Wow! That’s more than generous of you. I can’t wait to change out the knob. Hopefully, I can pay it forward someday...
Old 04-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #597
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I have also tapped into an inverter powered receptacle with no issue. I added Romex to the outdoor TV plug and ran it forward in the cabinets, up under the kitchen sink. That's where I plug in the TV that I added above the entry door.
Curious, how did you get the plug for your TV above the entry door, down in under the sink area. Can’t fish it through the walls...? Thanks!
Old 04-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #598
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:

Hi Bill,

I took this photo today of where that box is on my water heater. Have you figured it out yet? Does look like could be tstat wires, but I didn’t see a grey wire.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9AA60EDB-F8C1-48C3-9172-EEB3DA8D99A6.jpg
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	173337  
Old 04-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #599
Winnebago Master

I think the receptable was accessible from inside the water control area and maybe by removing the drawers under the bedroom TV. Then I routed up into the bathroom cabinet, behind the drawer, behind the oven, then under the sink false floor. It was very easy to run it through. I put a receptacle there next to the inverter. Then ran a cord up to the TV. I believe if you scroll back through the pages here, you'll see some pictures. I was originally going to plug it directly into the inverter, but for some reason it didn't work as I planned. ???

Quote:
Curious, how did you get the plug for your TV above the entry door, down in under the sink area. Can’t fish it through the walls...? Thanks!
Old 04-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #600
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Wow! That’s more than generous of you. I can’t wait to change out the knob. Hopefully, I can pay it forward someday...

Yes ... Ditto Ditto .... Sure would like to send you something for your parts and work design. Sure gracious of you! Many thanks,
Denny

Tags
intent