Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #501
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
No problem,

Goog luck, have fun, stay safe and sane...well be watching for your updates...
Thanks for giving me projects to keep me from going stir-crazy!

The "happy wife/happy life" project, I think will do a simpler version of that with something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Mirror-...r/223951253741

In the desert here I have limited resources in my mobile shop. So I will see how this works first.

And, my friend, to keep you and others from going you might consider these projects, if you have not done them already or not interested.

1. YGOHOM suggested bedroom TV swing up to access storage behind it. (I have not done this yet, but will. )

2. To gain more underbed storage, remove front partition, and dress electrical wires.

3. Using unused space behind wall, to the left of the Tailgate system, build bedroom access door for cloths chute.

4. Install automatic transfer switch for power system along with external power socket to plug power cord into. (this works great as when generator starts, it automatically switches to it)

5. Remount the Recalled drivers mirror on hinges and adjustable hanger, so it can actually have a functional use.

6. Install a minimum of 800w solar and controller plus 2 more batteries, if interested in "dry camping"

7. Change out Tailgate system refrigerator, to a Freezer if interested in carrying more frozen foods and Ice (for your favorite drinks)

8. If one watches OTA TV a lot, you may have noticed how wimpy the existing TV antenna is. Ether replace it or add an Amplified Splitter. All TV cables + old splitter is in water-closet side door.

9. Add more mood LEDs... Add more mood LEDs...
Add more mood LEDs... and then... Add more mood LEDs...
(Remember, LED's do consume power also. So have a way of controlling them if you do a lot of "off the grid dry camping".

Ok, Wyatt and other, that's my contribution to help us all stay safe and sane...

Denny
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #502
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
it doesn't flip up or move in any way. I was camping this weekend and looked at it. I can't even figure out how it's up there. It's a different mount than the one by the fridge. It almost looks like it's dropped in from above and wedged in place.
Did you ever find out how to get the TV off?
charlescho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #503
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Covid projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Thanks for giving me projects to keep me from going stir-crazy!

The "happy wife/happy life" project, I think will do a simpler version of that with something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Mirror-...r/223951253741

In the desert here I have limited resources in my mobile shop. So I will see how this works first.

And, my friend, to keep you and others from going you might consider these projects, if you have not done them already or not interested.

1. YGOHOM suggested bedroom TV swing up to access storage behind it. (I have not done this yet, but will. )

2. To gain more underbed storage, remove front partition, and dress electrical wires.

3. Using unused space behind wall, to the left of the Tailgate system, build bedroom access door for cloths chute.

4. Install automatic transfer switch for power system along with external power socket to plug power cord into. (this works great as when generator starts, it automatically switches to it)

5. Remount the Recalled drivers mirror on hinges and adjustable hanger, so it can actually have a functional use.

6. Install a minimum of 800w solar and controller plus 2 more batteries, if interested in "dry camping"

7. Change out Tailgate system refrigerator, to a Freezer if interested in carrying more frozen foods and Ice (for your favorite drinks)

8. If one watches OTA TV a lot, you may have noticed how wimpy the existing TV antenna is. Ether replace it or add an Amplified Splitter. All TV cables + old splitter is in water-closet side door.

9. Add more mood LEDs... Add more mood LEDs...
Add more mood LEDs... and then... Add more mood LEDs...
(Remember, LED's do consume power also. So have a way of controlling them if you do a lot of "off the grid dry camping".

Ok, Wyatt and other, that's my contribution to help us all stay safe and sane...

Denny
Thanks, nice summary.
1. That area is somewhat accessible from inside the closet. I store my boots up there out of the way.
2. This was your idea as I recall. That’s on my list.
3. I ordered a closet door and hardware from Winnebago for that, but I think I’ll just make it for storage.
4. Not sure if you saw my mod for adding a male/female 30amp plug in there for a quick disconnect in an emergency.
5. Good idea. Hadn’t thought of that one.
6. Don’t dry camp, but I’m adding two 150 ah AGM batteries. How is one even suppose to top off those Napa batteries?
7. The beer and soads stay in there. I added an ice maker in the storage bay next to the battery compartment.
8. Isn’t that already amplified?
9. That one is done, we’re lit up like a Christmas tree

What about the pantry slide out that someone did? That was really a cool fix.

I also ordered some more 1/4 trim from Winnebago to use as crown molding over the cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DEE92DDA-7F46-4D87-8C88-59581A429F69.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	173223  
Old 04-09-2020, 06:08 PM   #504
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Thanks, nice summary.
1. That area is somewhat accessible from inside the closet. I store my boots up there out of the way.
2. This was your idea as I recall. That’s on my list.
3. I ordered a closet door and hardware from Winnebago for that, but I think I’ll just make it for storage.
4. Not sure if you saw my mod for adding a male/female 30amp plug in there for a quick disconnect in an emergency.
5. Good idea. Hadn’t thought of that one.
6. Don’t dry camp, but I’m adding two 150 ah AGM batteries. How is one even suppose to top off those Napa batteries?
7. The beer and soads stay in there. I added an ice maker in the storage bay next to the battery compartment.
8. Isn’t that already amplified?
9. That one is done, we’re lit up like a Christmas tree

What about the pantry slide out that someone did? That was really a cool fix.

I also ordered some more 1/4 trim from Winnebago to use as crown molding over the cabinets.
Will reply to some of these projects.

2. Yes I authored this back in December. Easy project.

4. Yep I seen your 30 amp plug post. I just got spoiled with my last Class C that had the Automatic Transfer Switch. So I installed the same on the Intent.
6. Topping off the Napa's. I believe these guys are low or No maintenance. Ive been watching their water levels, and the levels do not seem to change. Mine are going on 3 years now. So I resealed the few caps I opened by tightening them. I did a load test 2 months ago, and they both passed the test with flying colors. I have noticed that some lead-acids these day are not made to have maintenance pulled on them. I believe these Napa's are such that.
8. Yep Wyatt, the existing antenna is amplified. Two problems though. 1st, the antenna doesn't rotate. It's an omnidirectional antenna as opposed to the Bat Wing which is a directional. Omnidirectional are poor in all directions. Therefore we start out with an inferior antenna. Then to make things worse, we add a 3-way splitter for the 3 TV's, that have an insertion loss of 3db, or half power. So I added an amplified splitter that returns that loss and gives even some more gain to the system. Testing with fellow campers using the Bat-wings, I believe I am now doing just about as well as they do.

Yep, I forgot these two improvement. Thanks. Yes I authored the pantry slide and the dinette seat slide out, last summer. Those two are really a welcomed change.

Am interested in the crown molding you ordered. Please share the numbers required to order. Am interested in doing this as in the winter time I get condensation in these corners because of the type of construction where there is no room for insulation. Maybe crown molding may insulate a bit.

thanks
Denny
Old 04-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #505
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescho View Post
Did you ever find out how to get the TV off?
No not yet. Looks like the bottom mount is the same as refrigerator tv mount. I can't see over the top. But I have a remote camera inspection device that maybe will dig it out and check the top.

But you realize, if man (or women) installed that TV, it can be uninstalled !!
Old 04-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #506
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Ok I attached an image of the part numbers. I was working on a laundry list of things from Winnebago as far back as October, including the stairwell cover that they use in their Accessibility Enhanced model to cover the stairwell in the evening, but they said that’s a custom piece.

Now, Winnebago makes you go through third party suppliers—dealers essentially for any parts. So I had to start over. They’re on order, who knows when they’ll arrive.

I didn’t recall that you were the one with the two mods for the dinette and pantry. Both, excellent updates. The pantry one I may tackle one day. It’s kinda useless the way it is.

The “Crown Molding” is just the quarter round Kona they use for the floors. It apparently comes in 8’ lengths. I got enough to add some to the floors too, where they didn’t install it at the factory.

I also ordered another stairwell assist handle for the left side exit, and that cabinet door and hardware for the installing where that laundry shoot mod goes,

I like the transfer switch idea, should have come with that, but I’m a bit freaked out living here in wildfire country CA, that I may have to bug out fast and just drop the power cord behind.
So what amplifier did you use for the gain? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D3E4143E-89CF-4AC0-9A50-DD70859D8AE2.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	173227   Click image for larger version

Name:	118C5BB7-594C-4520-9EA1-82B5937412D9.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	173228  

Old 04-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #507
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Ok I attached an image of the part numbers. I was working on a laundry list of things from Winnebago as far back as October, including the stairwell cover that they use in their Accessibility Enhanced model to cover the stairwell in the evening, but they said that’s a custom piece.

Now, Winnebago makes you go through third party suppliers—dealers essentially for any parts. So I had to start over. They’re on order, who knows when they’ll arrive.

I didn’t recall that you were the one with the two mods for the dinette and pantry. Both, excellent updates. The pantry one I may tackle one day. It’s kinda useless the way it is.

The “Crown Molding” is just the quarter round Kona they use for the floors. It apparently comes in 8’ lengths. I got enough to add some to the floors too, where they didn’t install it at the factory.

I also ordered another stairwell assist handle for the left side exit, and that cabinet door and hardware for the installing where that laundry shoot mod goes,

I like the transfer switch idea, should have come with that, but I’m a bit freaked out living here in wildfire country CA, that I may have to bug out fast and just drop the power cord behind.
So what amplifier did you use for the gain? Thanks!
Hey again thanks for the info Wyatt.

Agree... Coach should have came with Transfer Sw.

Here is the link for the Amplified TV Splitter

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001PI09..._rscomp_rsrdg2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dinett 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	173234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinett 3.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	173235  

Name:	Dinett 1.jpg
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	173236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinett.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	173237  

Old 04-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #508
Winnebago Watcher

Quick disconnect for Intent shore power cord

I'm new to the forum, have spent the last 2 evening reading 480 some posts, all excellent information. I own a 2019 Intent 29L, one of many mods made was the shore power. I used this item, ordered from Amazon. Hopefully the pic uploads
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15865611641451911129248016872133.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	173240  
doctorbob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #509
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Hey again thanks for the info Wyatt.

Agree... Coach should have came with Transfer Sw.

Here is the link for the Amplified TV Splitter

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001PI09..._rscomp_rsrdg2
Hey Denny, Ingenious way to open up that storage area under the dinette, I like the swinging door!
Thanks for the splitter link. Did you wire that through the back of the closet to the bedroom plug? I thought I also saw a splitter in the area under the kitchen sink?
Old 04-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #510
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorbob30 View Post
I'm new to the forum, have spent the last 2 evening reading 480 some posts, all excellent information. I own a 2019 Intent 29L, one of many mods made was the shore power. I used this item, ordered from Amazon. Hopefully the pic uploads
I know right? There’s a lot of great information here to keep one busy right now.

Cool, nice job. So you added a quick disconnect socket/plug. How do you then connect to the generator?
Old 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM   #511
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
I know right? There’s a lot of great information here to keep one busy right now.

Cool, nice job. So you added a quick disconnect socket/plug. How do you then connect to the generator?
The female (brown outlet) is the original generator connection, so just plug the shore power cord into it. The main reason for the quick disconnect, is that Winnebago hard wires the shore power cord, which makes it a pain in the butt to have to thread the cord out through the hole in the compartment...dumb patent.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM   #512
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Hadley Air Horn

Just added a full video of the Hadley Air Horn install on my “No Intent” thread I started to share my videos. They made a 14db+ increase over stock. Check it out if you’re interested. It was a simple task...https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...nt-356824.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	95CD2782-2D32-414C-9839-2E22F83375E7.jpeg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	173242  
Old 04-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #513
Winnebago Watcher

I saw your earlier post, on the horns, but missed where you purchased them Wyatt?
Old 04-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #514
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Hadley Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorbob30 View Post
I saw your earlier post, on the horns, but missed where you purchased them Wyatt?
Hey Doc, The new video I uploaded includes more information on the install and a decibel meter reading at the end. I bought them from Amazon. Included is the info...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	37717477-55D7-43A7-9547-5823B42BB4E9.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	173245  
Old 04-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #515
Winnebago Owner

I went looking for an automatic transfer switch, but I am unsure which hardware would be best. Could you please drop a link for the parts you used?
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #516
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
The switches I installed were for the stock ceiling LED’s in the main cabin, shower area, bathroom and bedroom. They all dim just fine and do not flicker, using that switch I included a screenshot of from Amazon.
I’ve also replaced All other incandescent bulbs from the amber step light, to the storage bay lights, closest, running lights, porch light (now motion activated),headlights, brake lights, even the refrigerator light, I’ve got a lot of time on my hands I guess...
Could you provide an Amazon link for the motion activated porch light?
charlescho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #517
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Motion Detection LED Porch light

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescho View Post
Could you provide an Amazon link for the motion activated porch light?
This is the one I bought from Amazon. I had originally just put an LED bulb in the old light., But really it was a bit too bright. This one is fine for illuminating the porch area, and you can have it act like a normal on/off switch, or motion activated, which is nice for at night when you’re inside.

When I took off the old light, it got pretty mangled, as it was attached to the coach so as to never fall off. The old one is really unusable now.

I used black butyl putty tape to seal it up against moisture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	533DE96A-30F2-49E1-9F40-C0F0FB182986.jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	173247  
Old 04-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #518
Winnebago Master

Hello everyone! I haven't been around in a while. My company supports the government Defense programs, so I've been as busy as ever.

You guys have been modding like crazy! Great stuff! I've added a few more things to my never shrinking list of things to do.

Couple of questions...

Denny - Are you sure there are 2 fresh water tanks? I believe the second one you are speaking of behind the outdoor kitchen is the small reservoir for the sink. Then you pump it to the main gray tank. No?

Wyatt - How do you like the LED tail lights? Are they significantly brighter than stock? I bought the same ones more than a year ago and never put them on. I really liked my last RV with large oval LED's as they lit up the rear corners in the dark. These stock lights are so dim that I really can't see the lower corners.

Has anyone replaced the front seats? I've found that my back HURTS after even an hour drive. After our 2 week trip to Oregon for the holidays, by lower back was jacked up for weeks. There's a place in Orange County that makes all kinds of RV seats. I'm just waiting for all this craziness to end so we can all get back to our normal-ish lives again. I've tried all positions. I also feel that the seat pedestal is a bit too high.

-Robb
Old 04-11-2020, 10:50 PM   #519
Winnebago Master

Oh yeah, more importantly....look what I have!
I just finished about 20 refrigerator latches. I just need some more hardware.
Can anyone tell me if there are any screws in the 3 holes between the doors where the latch goes? I don’t remember if I used what was there or if I used my own to install the latch.

-Robb
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B3471A15-18CB-4D9F-908D-0539C357D8F1.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	173250  
Old 04-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #520
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Oh yeah, more importantly....look what I have!
I just finished about 20 refrigerator latches. I just need some more hardware.
Can anyone tell me if there are any screws in the 3 holes between the doors where the latch goes? I don’t remember if I used what was there or if I used my own to install the latch.

-Robb
I just made this same latch for my Vita. Where did you get red bumper material? My Vita has a Danby refrigerator with two mounting screws. Used for transferring door swing.

Tags
intent