Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #621
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
That is what I should have done. Camped in Mesa where they are located, and give the coach a shake down while in the area.

Thanks.
Every time someone posts on here that they are about to go pickup their RV we stress that they should camp at the dealership or as close by as possible immediately after pickup.

The response we get is, "I'm in a hurry. I'll pick it up and take it home and then after I go on my big summer trip I'll get back to the dealer."

RV dealers have a short attention span, if you don't get them working on something ASAP after closing, or better before, or they won't remember you from Adam and you'll go to the back of the line.

The worst we hear about are folks that buy their RV in the winter and take it home and put it away until Summer. Those people are doomed to a life of trouble. But no matter how many times we advise against it they tell me "It just doesn't fit my schedule."
Old 04-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #622
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Sure appreciate this!
Thanks again YGoHom

As Wyatt said hope to be able to return the favour at some time.

L
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:59 PM   #623
Proud “No Intent” Owner

My mistake too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Every time someone posts on here that they are about to go pickup their RV we stress that they should camp at the dealership or as close by as possible immediately after pickup.

The response we get is, "I'm in a hurry. I'll pick it up and take it home and then after I go on my big summer trip I'll get back to the dealer."

RV dealers have a short attention span, if you don't get them working on something ASAP after closing, or better before, or they won't remember you from Adam and you'll go to the back of the line.

The worst we hear about are folks that buy their RV in the winter and take it home and put it away until Summer. Those people are doomed to a life of trouble. But no matter how many times we advise against it they tell me "It just doesn't fit my schedule."
Guilty as charged. We also foun the only 26m we could find near us was 430 miles in away near LA. (We live near S.F.)

So we made the trek. Flew down there, left our dog at home with our cousin, spent the night and drive hime he next day. Had to get back to work, and Wyatt, our dog,

I knew about the recall of the AC evap, and told them, I wouldn’t take it if it wasn’t fixed.

It was 102 degrees when we picked it up, and when I told them the dash air seemed too warm, they just said that was to be expected under the extreme weather conditions—and so, I believed them. Shame on me, and them. It was NOT fixed.

Drove home and sweated all the way, even with the gen coach air on.

Other than that, I guess we got lucky. I had a couple of panels come loose, which I just fixed, and a small leak in the water compartment, which needed some plumbing tape. Feeling lucky, after reading the trials and tribulations of other’s woes.

Wish I had the time to spend nearby in a campground, but it wasn’t in the cards. Still, most of what shook loose did so after 1,000 miles of bouncing around.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #624
Winnebago Watcher

Hey Rob, do you still have refrigerator latches left? I would be more than happy to purchase one.
darbyjserra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #625
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I think it was because if I plugged the TV into it, it was only powered if the inverter was on. I need it to work on shore power as well.
Ah, I see. So that means that the tv’s can run off of the inverter, OR, when on shoreline power, either one—I knew that.

But some here have connected their 120v only shoreline outlets, to the 120v tv outlets, so that they can run all of the coach plugs off of the inverter if necessary.

I was worried about that causing a back feeding issue into the outlet of the inverter when on shoreline power, but I guess, there must be an auto switching device that protects the inverter when on shoreline power or the TV’s could work except on the inverter.

Am I missing something here? Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2020, 09:13 PM   #626
Winnie-Wise

Right above the inverter mounted on the far wall is a transfer switch . So no feedback problems.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:50 PM   #627
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Inverter question...

Quote:
Right above the inverter mounted on the far wall is a transfer switch . So no feedback problems.
Hi Denny, so you have done that, and it works? Connected a 120v inverter outlet to a 120v shoreline/generator outlet with no issues?

I thought you had mentioned that before, but just wanted to double check in with you before, I do any modification. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2020, 08:24 AM   #628
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Hi Denny, so you have done that, and it works? Connected a 120v inverter outlet to a 120v shoreline/generator outlet with no issues?

I thought you had mentioned that before, but just wanted to double check in with you before, I do any modification. Thanks!
Think Wyatt that was Bill who ran romax from bedroom TV to Kitchen, tapping into the inverter fed receptical there.

About 2 summers ago, I did basically the same thing, except making it much more complicated as I disconnected the two shore-power circuits from its circuit breakers. Then add two external circuit breakers to those circuits, and then connecting them to the inverter powered circuit(s). Thinking now, this was an overkill. The transfer Relay Box disconnects inverter when shore power is applied. So that keeps everything happy, sorta speak.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #629
Winnebago Master

Refrigerator Latches

Hi All,

The latches are in the mail and will be delivered around the country on Monday and Tuesday. There's 1 going to Canada that will take a bit longer, but I wasn't given a time.
I'm sorry that this has taken so long, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it compared to that ridiculous screw! I even took one of the new ones cuz I improved on the design a bit.

Wyatt,
This was too funny and I have to share...when the postal worker was typing in your address, he looked up at me and asked if I made up this address.
Huh? I laughed. He asked again, saying there's no such zip code. I showed him your message. While laughing, he told me that my friend doesn't know his own address and changed the last digit to a 2.

If anyone else wants one, just send me a private message with your address.

-Robb
Old 05-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #630
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Hi All,

The latches are in the mail and will be delivered around the country on Monday and Tuesday. There's 1 going to Canada that will take a bit longer, but I wasn't given a time.
I'm sorry that this has taken so long, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it compared to that ridiculous screw! I even took one of the new ones cuz I improved on the design a bit.

Wyatt,
This was too funny and I have to share...when the postal worker was typing in your address, he looked up at me and asked if I made up this address.
Huh? I laughed. He asked again, saying there's no such zip code. I showed him your message. While laughing, he told me that my friend doesn't know his own address and changed the last digit to a 2.

-Robb
Yeah, I'm an idiot. It's just that I rarely mail to myself.

Thanks, you're the man!
Old 05-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #631
Winnie-Wise

Thanks again and will be looking forwards to receiving the latch..... Blessings.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:58 PM   #632
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Hi All,

Wyatt,

-Robb
Forgot to mention, how much we appreciate your generosity. I’m so out of mods now that I’ve been shelter in place for 46 days! I sorely need something to do...
Old 05-01-2020, 11:32 PM   #633
Winnebago Master

No problem!

Tomorrow’s project is a passenger side camera.

-Robb
Old 05-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #634
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
No problem!

Tomorrow’s project is a passenger side camera.

-Robb
Hi Robb, do you already have a drivers side camera, and are you installing it into the mirror?

Please post a picture when done. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #635
Winnebago Camper

Hi Wyatt, I bought a led dimmer switch with the slide bar next to the switch (compact). I hooked it up in my bedroom for the two led ceiling lights. It would turn the lights off and on but would not dim. Bout on Amazon.ihave emailed the seller. Did you have any problems.? 2020 29L. Thanks

Paul
BigEthel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #636
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEthel80 View Post
Hi Wyatt, I bought a led dimmer switch with the slide bar next to the switch (compact). I hooked it up in my bedroom for the two led ceiling lights. It would turn the lights off and on but would not dim. Bout on Amazon.ihave emailed the seller. Did you have any problems.? 2020 29L. Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul, if you do not feed a ground wire to the switch, they will take about 1.5 minutes to start the dimming. Turn it on, and wait for a few minutes, then try the slider dimming function.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #637
Winnebago Master

Smile

I have always used Rear View Safety items. I currently use the stock rear camera with a 7” display to the left of the gauge panel on top of the dash. I have a side camera and separate monitor that will go just to the right of the other one. No toggling views or small multi cam views here!
In one short sweep I can check the left mirror, rear monitor, and side monitor without really taking my eyes off the road.
Driving tight, winding roads through CA Redwoods and the Oregon Coast where you are inches away from ripping off the side awning and mirror have finally led me here.
If the INTENT is 101”, the lane is probably 103” with giant Redwoods as part of the lane. Los Angles and San Francisco bay area freeways can be a nightmare too!
Have I mentioned how much I hate Southern California? Born and raised and ready to get the F out!
End of rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Hi Robb, do you already have a drivers side camera, and are you installing it into the mirror?

Please post a picture when done. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2020, 06:13 PM   #638
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I have always used Rear View Safety items. I currently use the stock rear camera with a 7” display to the left of the gauge panel on top of the dash. I have a side camera and separate monitor that will go just to the right of the other one. No toggling views or small multi cam views here!
In one short sweep I can check the left mirror, rear monitor, and side monitor without really taking my eyes off the road.
Driving tight, winding roads through CA Redwoods and the Oregon Coast where you are inches away from ripping off the side awning and mirror have finally led me here.
If the INTENT is 101”, the lane is probably 103” with giant Redwoods as part of the lane. Los Angles and San Francisco bay area freeways can be a nightmare too!
Have I mentioned how much I hate Southern California? Born and raised and ready to get the F out!
End of rant
Good idea with the passenger side camera. I like the idea.

I feel for you with your frustration with California. Been there and many of the other 49. I'm sure you will eventually find a better one to suit yourself.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #639
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEthel80 View Post

Paul
Paul, Wyatt is correct in mentioning that a ground wire is required. One Amazon dealer even stated I recall, that a ground is required for operation.

Now question is "Where to find a ground"?

First glance, I would say fish a 18 gage wire across the inside top of dresser to closet wall and connect to any of the grounds on the TV recept. or 120 volt receptacle.

Another option is to fish wire down below dresser into outside water-closet.

May be other options too.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:28 PM   #640
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Paul, Wyatt is correct in mentioning that a ground wire is required. One Amazon dealer even stated I recall, that a ground is required for operation.

Now question is "Where to find a ground"?

First glance, I would say fish a 18 gage wire across the inside top of dresser to closet wall and connect to any of the grounds on the TV recept. or 120 volt receptacle.

Another option is to fish wire down below dresser into outside water-closet.

May be other options too.
Well, I didn’t exactly say that. If you use the ground as they state in the instructions, they’ll work just fine.

I have all of mine grounded, except in the bedroom. There’s no way to run a wire thru the styrofoam insulated wall, and no way to go in behind it, and I don’t want an external wire.

So it has no ground. Yet, it’s still works. Just has to “warm up”. Takes a few minutes, but then it responds. Stays working fine until you turn it off again for too long. Try it.

Tags
intent