Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2020, 12:32 PM   #681
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Adding more front end weight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Hi Robb,

Thank you for the elaborate response. But now, I have new questions for you, if you’ll indulge me:

“ Added 350 lbs of steel above the transmission.”

What was that? What did you do?

Made a shelf above the slide hydraulics that holds heavy wood blocks and rubber pads.

And that, why?

“ I removed the large portion of the mattress in the bunk”

The overhead bunk or bed over the driver’s side. How? Or, Are you sleeping on a twin mattress now? I’m confused...

What did you do? Thanks. I can’t even get a fill up of gas now without going over GVRW...
Detail, details, thank you! I see we both did the same propane tank mod.
You’re way more handy than I with all the welding, etc.
Problem for me is, I’m just carrying too much stuff I guess. If I added that weight up front, I’d be over weight on the front axle then too...
Old 05-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #682
Winnebago Owner

Where did you guys move the hydraulic line originally blocking the addition of the 4th tank?
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:39 PM   #683
Winnebago Master

Just cut the zip ties, reposition all the looms, then add new ties. There was plenty of slack to reposition.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #684
Winnebago Master

Found a picture of the raw steel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9D11D0E-5112-4D4D-91C5-33B06976282A.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	173503  
Old 05-15-2020, 05:19 PM   #685
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone weighed the 26M mine is rated at 16000. 10 for the rear and 6 for the front. I have not weighed my vehicle yet, but find it difficult to believe the rear is almost maxed out dry at 5 ton!
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:59 PM   #686
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Adding a fourth propane tank in an Intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSane View Post
Where did you guys move the hydraulic line originally blocking the addition of the 4th tank?
Can’t speak for Robb, but once you get the front right tank out, and remove the placeholder bracket where the fourth tank will go, for me it was just a matter up zip typing everything in the way up and out of the way.

Then, move the gas line pick up to the back two tanks. That’s at least what I did, as I wanted to use the front two with easier access for my outdoor grill.

Now you have a slightly different Intent, so your lines may be more challenging...
Old 05-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #687
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Intent 26m GVWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Has anyone weighed the 26M mine is rated at 16000. 10 for the rear and 6 for the front. I have not weighed my vehicle yet, but find it difficult to believe the rear is almost maxed out dry at 5 ton!
I know are units are slightly different, but mine says 16,000 GVWR, yet the front can handle up to 6,500 and the rear axle 11,000. Of course if you do that, you’d be at 17,500–and over loaded.

This weigh ticket is from a recent trip home. I stopped and weighed and realized I was 40# over, yet both axels were under their load capacity.

Having ~1/3 grey tank, <~ 1/4 black, and probably 15 gallons of fresh water, I opted to empty some fresh water ( I calculate 12.5 gallons), and it dropped me down 100lbs.
Won’t leave again without dumping both sewer tanks, it’s just that I have a dump station at home and it’s easier to do a thorough job there, then at a campground.

One more thing, if you do what I did, and weigh twice, the second weigh only cost $6.00.

Get the Cat Scale app, and you don’t even have to go into get your ticket. It pays and shows up all through the app. Just remember to take a screen shot of your weigh.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C80C883A-F7DE-46A5-98FE-ACBC97F4E533.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	173508   Click image for larger version

Name:	1EAA738A-0613-4159-A688-469010AD1C43.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	173509  

Old 05-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #688
Winnebago Master

Hello All,

I received a couple of gifts in the mail in appreciation for the fridge latches. Thank you! Sorry for the delayed response, but all our mail sits in the “decontamination station” and things have piled up! I don’t know who to thank because my wife had thrown away the envelopes and the cards weren’t signed. Thank you! I appreciate it.

-Robb
Old 05-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #689
Winnebago Watcher

Introduction

Hello!

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I spent the last several years getting to the point of being able to work 100% remote so that we can work and travel. We finally bought a 2018 Intent 30R the very day our state locked down for Coronavirus. So of course we named our motorhome "Rona".

We've been mooch-docking at a family member's house for the past two months getting everything fixed and ready for the road.

Thank you everyone for all of your posts, they have been very helpful as we try to figure all of this out!! This is such a great resource.
rsansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #690
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsansom View Post
Hello!

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I spent the last several years getting to the point of being able to work 100% remote so that we can work and travel. We finally bought a 2018 Intent 30R the very day our state locked down for Coronavirus. So of course we named our motorhome "Rona".

We've been mooch-docking at a family member's house for the past two months getting everything fixed and ready for the road.

Thank you everyone for all of your posts, they have been very helpful as we try to figure all of this out!! This is such a great resource.
Welcome to the forum, and this Intent specific thread. Happy reading!
Old 05-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #691
Proud “No Intent” Owner

REVISITING THE 26m BLACK TANK

Today a ran an experiment to determine how much water I must add to the black tank, to just cover the bottom of the tank with water.
The 26m tank has a lot of uphill connections, and my theory was that simply flushing a few bowl of water to an empty tank wasn’t going to coat the bottom of the tank, and I was right.
The first few flushes merely serves to fill the water lines, not the bottom of the tank.
So armed with an endoscope, and a water meter, and a timer, i set out.
First, the endoscope went through the toilet bowl. And I captured that movie on my iPad.
Then, I turned on the water. And waited, and waited, to see how long it would take and how much water would be needed, just to cover the bottom of the tank.
No water was visible for 5 minutes, and 7 gallons later, I could see water just beginning to show up on the camera.
Now, I wasn’t perfectly level, so my guess is 5 gallons would probably do the trick. I plan on testing this out again, next time we’re camping.
But even at 5 gallons, that’s over 45# of water sloshing around.

I also use that meter to add exactly 5 gallons of fresh water for the road. Adding another ~45#’s to the rear end.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	37F200A6-08CE-4D1D-ABB3-3D1A2FE110BC.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	173549   Click image for larger version

Name:	E26635C0-7210-4DA3-AE23-9CBB836EB5F3.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	566.4 KB
ID:	173550  

Name:	F61C0A52-466F-4530-A5E6-AF8B7444B2F3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	173551   Click image for larger version

Name:	9FF4B800-C8FE-4225-99C4-E53A03B3942C.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	173552  

Old 05-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #692
Winnebago Master

Thanks, Wyatt! Now you’ve proven what we’ve been saying.

While this is the worst design that I’ve owned, it’s not the worst out there.
My buddy’s 30’ Coachmen Class C has the toilet with tank directly below it, BUT on the passenger side. There’s a valve on the passenger side to keep the sh*t in the tank and not in the 8’-10’ of plumbing that wraps around to the dump station on the driver side, to another set of valves.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:16 PM   #693
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hello!

Welcome!

I almost got a 30’er on accident. The day we took delivery we were told “it’s out front and ready to go.” So ready that it was gone! Only a 30’ model was parked there. The owner of that RV drove off in my 26’er and drove 40 miles home before answering his phone and being told to turn around!
Oooops!

Got any upgrades yet? Problems?

-Robb
Old 05-18-2020, 11:42 PM   #694
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Welcome!

I almost got a 30’er on accident. The day we took delivery we were told “it’s out front and ready to go.” So ready that it was gone! Only a 30’ model was parked there. The owner of that RV drove off in my 26’er and drove 40 miles home before answering his phone and being told to turn around!
Oooops!

-Robb
Now that”s the story of the week. RV dealers, or drug induced dealers?
Old 05-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #695
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Welcome!

Oooops!

-Robb
Robb,

No problems yet, we've been living in it full time for almost two months now. Currently running through the list of handling upgrades, did the CHF today, rear track bar tomorrow and front SumoSprings later this week. Previous owners already added the Safe-T-Plus. So I think I should be all set on that front. Other than that I work remotely in Educational Technology so I've added a MOFI cellular router, Cell Booster and a Nanostation Wifi access point. I also built a custom desk setup. My wife calls it my Mission Control Center. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I works great! Ready to hit the road....

Old 05-19-2020, 08:10 PM   #696
Winnebago Master

Two more refrigerator latches are in the mail today!

-Robb
Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #697
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Robb,

No problems yet, we've been living in it full time for almost two months now. Currently running through the list of handling upgrades, did the CHF today, rear track bar tomorrow and front SumoSprings later this week. Previous owners already added the Safe-T-Plus. So I think I should be all set on that front. Other than that I work remotely in Educational Technology so I've added a MOFI cellular router, Cell Booster and a Nanostation Wifi access point. I also built a custom desk setup. My wife calls it my Mission Control Center. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I works great! Ready to hit the road....

You are in for a much better drive with all that work you’re doing!

Pictures of the control center, please.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #698
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
You are in for a much better drive with all that work you’re doing!

Pictures of the control center, please.
Sorry, thought I posted this pic in the last post! Here is a the "Mission Control" desk we built so I can work remotely.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mission Control.png
Views:	93
Size:	846.3 KB
ID:	173581  
Old 05-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #699
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Sorry, thought I posted this pic in the last post! Here is a the "Mission Control" desk we built so I can work remotely.
Oh crud, I only have a week to build that. I was happy before I discovered something like that could exist, now I need it. What did you use for the edging, some rubber T-moulding?
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #700
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Great job! I’ve seen people repurpose the dinette area, which is really a non starter for us. This looks to be an optimal solution for those working on the road.

Thanks for contributing that!

Tags
intent