Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #801
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Okay, by enlarging the photo it looks like you are using TWO extensions...is that right? What are the angles? a 45 and a 135? that might give me the length I need as I am only using 45s...as mentioned the TPS sensors really require longer extension.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #802
2018 Intent 26M Owner

I don't think mine are metal...I really have had no problem with the 45s I am using except having to take off hubcap...I did have one come loose and got low tire notice on the TPS...all I did was tighten and inflate and never problem again.

I don't remember note on having metal when I bought mine but has been almost 2 years.
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 06-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #803
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Wyatt,

Do we have metal valve stems? All the extensions I saw say they must be attached to a metal valve stem, which makes sense. I have been looking at the 120° attachments for the front and the outer rears. I have to take off the covers for them. The rear inners have long extensions that are easy to get to.
I don’t know about everyone else, because apparently they change things around a lot, but mine are metal valve stems.

All is did was buy two of those stem kits, and assembled two angled ones together for the outer, rears, and only needed one for each of the fronts.
Use yellow gas line plumbing tape to make sure they all have a good connection.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #804
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Okay, by enlarging the photo it looks like you are using TWO extensions...is that right? What are the angles? a 45 and a 135? that might give me the length I need as I am only using 45s...as mentioned the TPS sensors really require longer extension.
Yes, I used two different extensions from the kit, for the rear outer tires, and one for each front, that’s why I think I needed two kits.

I can’t remember which ones I used from the kit, but once you get them, it’s pretty obvious which ones will get the job done.

It will work, as we have the same rims...

Want a better picture?
Old 06-11-2020, 08:00 PM   #805
Winnebago Master

Just checked... mine are also metal. Gonna buy stuff!
Old 06-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #806
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Just checked... mine are also metal. Gonna buy stuff!
Get two packs. As I recall, you’ll need them...
Old 06-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #807
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I don't think mine are metal...I really have had no problem with the 45s I am using except having to take off hubcap...I did have one come loose and got low tire notice on the TPS...all I did was tighten and inflate and never problem again.

I don't remember note on having metal when I bought mine but has been almost 2 years.
Next time you have your hub caps off, check. They’re probably metal. Then, this solves your problem...
Old 06-12-2020, 01:22 PM   #808
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Engine Cover Insulation

These are the brackets on engine cover...I have never seen anything like them. 2 of 3 brackets are loose and I wanted to remove and reinstall to do best insulation job

Anyone know tool that will work? thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EcoverFastener.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	173895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Enginecoverfastener1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	173896  

Old 06-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #809
Winnie-Wise

Are those some kind of a pop rivet? I've never seen anything like that before ether. Probably we can't look under carpet for the rest of the story.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:53 PM   #810
Winnebago Master

It’s a little blurry on my phone, but they look like rivets, prior to glueing on the carpet. You’d have to drill them out, then use bolts thru the carpet on the outside to replace them.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #811
Winnebago Master

Emergency Exit Window Screen

I finally came up with a plan to increase air flow on hot days without AC. I’m having a screen made with a vinyl border that will Velcro to the wall around the window frame. The slits are to allow the red handles to slide thru and somewhat seal around the hinge plate.
$90 from a marine upholstery shop near me.
Now I have to come up with a way to prop open the window, but be held solid to the window frame and body so the wind doesn’t blow it around. If I remember correctly, that escape hatch will lift off the top hinge too, so I don’t want it opening too much and falling off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9D41A0CF-1CD7-440B-B47D-DE202F0ACDB9.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	173900  
Old 06-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #812
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I finally came up with a plan to increase air flow on hot days without AC. I’m having a screen made with a vinyl border that will Velcro to the wall around the window frame. The slits are to allow the red handles to slide thru and somewhat seal around the hinge plate.
$90 from a marine upholstery shop near me.
Now I have to come up with a way to prop open the window, but be held solid to the window frame and body so the wind doesn’t blow it around. If I remember correctly, that escape hatch will lift off the top hinge too, so I don’t want it opening too much and falling off.
Good idea and thanks. Will have to put that on my bucket list...

Just coming back from 100 deg Arizona sun weather, have to admit a bit of AC in the afternoons felt pretty good.

But with more moderate temps, I replaced that "Piss Ant" (my uncles term) overhead fans that come with our coach with this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was a good choice. Rain guard and remote control and temp management system works well when temps are not in the triple digits. We found setting the hall (bathroom) fan on at night, with the bathroom door open, that fan along, will make that little "piss ant" (again} of a bedroom bedside slide window, blow one more air than you may need!

Your mileage may vary, but those two fans take care of most situations when it comes to cooling. I can set the temp for 65 and it will turn off after 1st slowing down .... Nice remote control unit. Controls everything, so you don't need a step ladder to operate fans. Since I'm not 6-8, was an important feature. And... Easy to clean....
Old 06-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #813
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

Mine are metal. Have heard that these sized tires with air-pressure required must be metal..... Don't know where I have heard this, but hopefully so.

Whatever valve stem extensions you purchase, make sure they are quality USA built, as the China ones are junk reviews show many unhappy campers out there calling for Roadside assistance as they lost air in a tire.

This is what I ended up with, and so far since 2018, so good:https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #814
2018 Intent 26M Owner

DogHouse Insulation

I agree these are a rivet and I think they used them on purpose to allow the brackets to move a little which would make nesting easier. So, left them as is and here is final product. Product stuck very well and I used a roller to smooth it out. Also used metal tape all around the ridge (sorry, did that after photo). Fits well but will see how much less noise...it has to help at least a little.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DHaspurchased.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	173902   Click image for larger version

Name:	DBMaterialCut.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	173903  

Name:	DBPaperRemoved.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	173904   Click image for larger version

Name:	DBInsulated.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	173905  

Old 06-13-2020, 01:01 AM   #815
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Good idea and thanks. Will have to put that on my bucket list...

Just coming back from 100 deg Arizona sun weather, have to admit a bit of AC in the afternoons felt pretty good.

But with more moderate temps, I replaced that "Piss Ant" (my uncles term) overhead fans that come with our coach with this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was a good choice. Rain guard and remote control and temp management system works well when temps are not in the triple digits. We found setting the hall (bathroom) fan on at night, with the bathroom door open, that fan along, will make that little "piss ant" (again} of a bedroom bedside slide window, blow one more air than you may need!

Your mileage may vary, but those two fans take care of most situations when it comes to cooling. I can set the temp for 65 and it will turn off after 1st slowing down .... Nice remote control unit. Controls everything, so you don't need a step ladder to operate fans. Since I'm not 6-8, was an important feature. And... Easy to clean....
Thanks for the reminder of a better roof fan. I just bought the 5100k from ppl motorhomes in TX. I tend to buy all the big ticket items from them as they’re always the best price.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E344B978-C7D7-4B43-956B-F83DD0D13681.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	173912  
Old 06-13-2020, 01:03 AM   #816
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I agree these are a rivet and I think they used them on purpose to allow the brackets to move a little which would make nesting easier. So, left them as is and here is final product. Product stuck very well and I used a roller to smooth it out. Also used metal tape all around the ridge (sorry, did that after photo). Fits well but will see how much less noise...it has to help at least a little.
Bill - please let us know if it makes a notable difference. I’ve never felt that my engine was that loud, but if it can be quieter, I’m in.

-Robb
Old 06-13-2020, 06:26 AM   #817
Winnie-Wise

I kinda forgot about PPL with Amazon around. Thanks for the reminder. Will bookmark them and take a cruise around their site.

I don't think you will be disappointed with Max fans. I can get a pretty good feeling i'm in a wind-tunnel with those two girls going full.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:25 AM   #818
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Both are being delivered today. Think I will return the blanket. Damn thing is $80
was reading if you want to insulate and sound deaden try rock wool blanket. It is fire proof and also an excellent sound reducer. I just put some in my house and wow. found at Lowes or Home depot. you would have to fashion it yourself. comes in batts. 3.5 inches thick.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #819
Intent 30r 2019

Wow, you guys make me tired, lol! The only things I've done is add valve extensions, a tpms and replaced the tile around the stove. I was initially following this thread for the handling mods but ultimately have done nothing as after about a thousand miles the handling seems at least adequate. Also added a sound bar to the living area tv. Leaving to enjoy the unit by the Suwanee River. You all have fun!
MikeBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #820
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
I kinda forgot about PPL with Amazon around. Thanks for the reminder. Will bookmark them and take a cruise around their site.

I don't think you will be disappointed with Max fans. I can get a pretty good feeling i'm in a wind-tunnel with those two girls going full.
Denny, next time you’re at your rig, can you snap a photo of where your fan is located? I think, once again, mine may be different...Thanks!

Tags
intent