Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2021, 10:12 AM   #1541
Winnebago Master

RV Lock door handle

I’m sorry, Angela. It’s no fun.

For anyone reading this that thinks their lock is “just fine”, trust that it won’t be at some point and you’ll find yourself in Angela’s position. I’ve had 3 door locks break on my RV’s. The replacement models are all the same. It’s a BAD design.

The electric model from “RV Lock” is a FAR BETTER design and I don’t see it ever breaking because of it. It has keys, keypad and a remote, and you don’t have to slam it!
Old 05-31-2021, 12:14 PM   #1542
Winnebago Owner

Door lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Good job getting yourself out of that situation. Now, better news, RV Lock has a 30% of Memorial Day sale…
https://www.rvlock.com/?<br /> _ke=...hvbWVzLmNvbSJ9
Wyatt,
Thanks for pointing out the sale, as this is the one I was wanting. Did you have to modify the door or lock to install it?
Old 05-31-2021, 12:20 PM   #1543
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
Wyatt,
Thanks for pointing out the sale, as this is the one I was wanting. Did you have to modify the door or lock to install it?
Just ever so slightly. I used a file and shaved some of the door opening a tad larger for a good fit. Otherwise, it just popped in place.

FYI, I bought their “gasket”, which is nothing more than a thin piece of paper really to cover and difference in the door hole size, which I did not need. But I did put some black butyl tape under the portion of the lock that doesn’t contact the door as there’s a small gap there. It’s the part where the numeric keypad touches, or almost touches. Maybe not necessary, but I did it anyway.
Also, kept the remotes. They come in real handy…
Old 05-31-2021, 03:34 PM   #1544
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
The electric model from “RV Lock” is a FAR BETTER design and I don’t see it ever breaking because of it. It has keys, keypad and a remote, and you don’t have to slam it!
Installed one of those, still have to slam it. The problem is in the door latch design. I am constantly attempting to adjust it so the door shuts properly.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:55 PM   #1545
Winnebago Master

I did adjust the door catch/studs and used locktite on them. Once that was adjusted properly, the door closed with a simple push and click, without holding the handle like on the original. I think with a little more adjustment, you’ll get it.
I will definitely be putting one on our next RV.
Old 05-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #1546
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I did adjust the door catch/studs and used locktite on them. Once that was adjusted properly, the door closed with a simple push and click, without holding the handle like on the original. I think with a little more adjustment, you’ll get it.
I will definitely be putting one on our next RV.
Made more adjustments, and it is good for the moment. Need to replace the bolts on the door frame side, the heads are nearly stripped out.

I do not regret the new lock, and think the RV Lock people make a great product. It is far superior to the OEM lock.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:24 PM   #1547
Winnebago Owner

Oven question

We have never used the oven to bake. We relied upon our portable pellet grill and an induction cooktop. Last camping trip we needed the oven and could not get the oven to work. Even tried lighting it with a long wand lighter. No gas smell present. The cooktop burners work. The lower cabinets were replaced under warranty for delaminating by the dealer 2 yrs ago. I suspect that the oven was not reconnected when it was reinstalled after warranty work. Has anyone had similar issues or had to remove the stove? Looking for any pointers or tips before we remove it.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:24 AM   #1548
Winnebago Owner

May have resolved my lock issues. I glued two washers over the sockets which accept the bolts from the edge of the door. This has shifted the door latch a little farther into the door, and it now makes contact with the striker plate on the angled part of the latch rather than the flat part. A little more shifting of the location of the striker plate in the jam, and the dead bolt now engages without having to lean on the door.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #1549
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
We have never used the oven to bake. We relied upon our portable pellet grill and an induction cooktop. Last camping trip we needed the oven and could not get the oven to work. Even tried lighting it with a long wand lighter. No gas smell present. The cooktop burners work. The lower cabinets were replaced under warranty for delaminating by the dealer 2 yrs ago. I suspect that the oven was not reconnected when it was reinstalled after warranty work. Has anyone had similar issues or had to remove the stove? Looking for any pointers or tips before we remove it.
OK, that seems odd. Insofar as I know there is only one gas line that comes into the range and it is under the top burners in the back left corner. If you’re getting gas to the burners, you should be getting gas to the oven.
Are you sure that you’re lighting the oven properly? You need to turn the oven knob to pilot position AND PUSH IT IN, and hold it in while you light the pilot in the bottom rack of the oven. It takes about 20 seconds to get gas to flow to the pilot light and if you use one of those match stick lighters it should light and then you can release the knob, but only then.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:34 PM   #1550
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Thank you!!

It’s official. Our Winnie has been sold to a very happy couple in San Diego. As sad as we’ll be seeing her drive away, I’m excited for the new owners and believe it’s going to a great home.

I’ll still check in for inspiration and to keep up on your activities, while patiently waiting for the right time to buy another RV.

Robb
Next chapter in your life... And know your buyers are celebrating their new chapter as well, especially with the many many improvement you have provided them... God bless your new move adventure. Our groundbreaking was yesterday which added a real sense of progress and maybe early completion. And yep back here, we are still packing and getting house ready for sale. Thanks for all of your in spirations. Please check in occasionally ...
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:57 PM   #1551
Winnebago Owner

Oven issue

Quote:
OK, that seems odd. Insofar as I know there is only one gas line that comes into the range and it is under the top burners in the back left corner. If you’re getting gas to the burners, you should be getting gas to the oven.
Are you sure that you’re lighting the oven properly? You need to turn the oven knob to pilot position AND PUSH IT IN, and hold it in while you light the pilot in the bottom rack of the oven. It takes about 20 seconds to get gas to flow to the pilot light and if you use one of those match stick lighters it should light and then you can release the knob, but only then.
Wyatt,
I will try that as I didn’t hold it in while lighting and definitely not for 20 seconds. Thanks for the pointers.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #1552
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Wyatt,
I will try that as I didn’t hold it in while lighting and definitely not for 20 seconds. Thanks for the pointers.
Great. If the pilot light lights and then goes out when you release the knob you didn’t hold it in long enough. The flame has to heat the thermocouple up long enough that it will stay lit.
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:26 PM   #1553
Winnebago Camper

Moving on up...

Well, guys! I logged in to let everyone know that we pulled the trigger and upgraded (sooner than expected) and I see YGoHom has sold his Intent! Congrats, YGoHom? I bet there are mixed emotions about that and I will have to catch up with the threads on what's going on.

That said, our sweet Plain Jane 31P, as we called her, has been traded in. We moved up to a 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35K. I know there's also an RVlife forum like this one for Fleetwoods, but I'm betting I won't find peeps like you all to help us out with all your knowledge! We really wanted a diesel but we just don't travel enough to justify the cost...yet. Maybe in a few more years.

I want to give a big thank you to you all for all your help: YGoHom, Wyatt, Bdub and special thanks to Twpinaz!

See some attached pics of our new girl.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums390.html

We haven’t settled on a name for her yet. Suggestions are welcome. Her paint scheme is called Frosted Merlot.

Take care, everyone!
Old 06-07-2021, 12:26 AM   #1554
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQueenBWG View Post
Well, guys! I logged in to let everyone know that we pulled the trigger and upgraded (sooner than expected) and I see YGoHom has sold his Intent! Congrats, YGoHom? I bet there are mixed emotions about that and I will have to catch up with the threads on what's going on.

That said, our sweet Plain Jane 31P, as we called her, has been traded in. We moved up to a 2021 Fleetwood Bounder 35K. I know there's also an RVlife forum like this one for Fleetwoods, but I'm betting I won't find peeps like you all to help us out with all your knowledge! We really wanted a diesel but we just don't travel enough to justify the cost...yet. Maybe in a few more years.

I want to give a big thank you to you all for all your help: YGoHom, Wyatt, Bdub and special thanks to Twpinaz!

We haven’t settled on a name for her yet. Suggestions are welcome. Her paint scheme is called Frosted Merlot.

Take care, everyone!
A nod to the Jeffersons, “Moving on up”, and a few of us old timers. Thanks!
Ok, where do I start. I have no mods for you. They’re all there.

Love the convection oven, fireplace. 1/2 bath, and an actually bunk anybody could sleep on,

Also, the way the laid the floor at an angle, nice touch.

The REAL residential refrigerator. Only in my dreams…

What more can I say. Good for you. Diesel pushers with a door that doesn’t compromise the passenger entryway, are a rare breed, and they come with a hole new array of maintenance issues.
I think you did well. God’s speed. Drive safely. Don’t make us miss you. Stop back in…
Old 06-07-2021, 11:09 PM   #1555
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
A nod to the Jeffersons, “Moving on up”, and a few of us old timers. Thanks!
Ok, where do I start. I have no mods for you. They’re all there.

Love the convection oven, fireplace. 1/2 bath, and an actually bunk anybody could sleep on,

Also, the way the laid the floor at an angle, nice touch.

The REAL residential refrigerator. Only in my dreams…

What more can I say. Good for you. Diesel pushers with a door that doesn’t compromise the passenger entryway, are a rare breed, and they come with a hole new array of maintenance issues.
I think you did well. God’s speed. Drive safely. Don’t make us miss you. Stop back in…

Thanks, Wyatt! Oh, yes, well familiar with George and Wheezy!

I gotta say, I love the Diesel with the passenger entry! lol

She's got the big V8 in her, so hopefully, that helps on the hills. We are having a Safe T Plus put on, and maybe (depending on cost) a set of Sumos before we take delivery this week. It was an option to get the Sumos from the factory, but unfortunately, she didn't come with a set. I want to nip any sway/bob/weave and wind issues in the bud now.

I will for sure keep in touch and poke my nose in from time to time. You can also find me on the Fleetwood site using the same user name.

Take care!
Old 06-12-2021, 06:49 PM   #1556
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQueenBWG View Post

Take care, everyone!
I'm a little softy when it comes to new RV's. I've had RV's since one week after Columbus arrived!

So when you show me pictures it just makes my day as my heart is so softened by them.

Saying all that, 1st of all.... Good choice as I looked at the floor plan. I like an RV that "With" the slides in, it is still functionable, as our 26M's are. So I seen yep with the slides in on can still use the lavatory. BUT, you have not ONE but TWO lavatories. Whatever side you sleep on, you do not have to climb over the other!. This is the 1st class A GAS with 2 lavatories that I have seen.

2nd.. even thought I was trying to get our RV dealer to change out the "Residential" refrig before I bought it, (And they could not because they are a dealer for Winnie, and that would void the warrantee") I bought it as it was. I like and maybe have to say LOVE the residential refrig. With proper solar panels and batteries, it's not a dry-camping problem. I see yours is a real Samsung unit.... Great.

I think the new Ford V8 Godzilla engine is a winner. It's young yet, but fashioned after the V10. Hopefully it's as good.

Thanks for your updated future.... Enjoy your new rig, Blessings
Old 06-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #1557
Winnebago Camper

Hi all. We are currently 2 weeks into our 4 week road trip. Stayed at several campsites without any issues. We got to our new site today and both the slide outs and bunk bed do not work.

I was on the phone with Winnebago for an hour and we could not troubleshoot it.

The slides and bunk do not respond to the buttons at all. No feedback. No whirring motor noises or anything.

Funny how all 3 things went out. Can anybody chime in?

Every other 120v and 12v items work just fine FYI.
charlescho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:19 PM   #1558
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescho View Post
Hi all. We are currently 2 weeks into our 4 week road trip. Stayed at several campsites without any issues. We got to our new site today and both the slide outs and bunk bed do not work.

I was on the phone with Winnebago for an hour and we could not troubleshoot it.

The slides and bunk do not respond to the buttons at all. No feedback. No whirring motor noises or anything.

Funny how all 3 things went out. Can anybody chime in?

Every other 120v and 12v items work just fine FYI.
Well, 1st of all the break needs to be set, and ignition key is on. So thinking a blown fuse maybe the culprit. Fuse location probably under dash drivers side. Hope the dash shows break is on when u have it set.

And btw, isn't there a key lock near the switches in the hallway? Maybe toggle that back and forth a few times. With new coach, sometimes these things need exercising. Just thinking.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #1559
Winnebago Master

I agree. Those 3 items require the ignition switch. Look there first.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #1560
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Well, 1st of all the break needs to be set, and ignition key is on. So thinking a blown fuse maybe the culprit. Fuse location probably under dash drivers side. Hope the dash shows break is on when u have it set.

And btw, isn't there a key lock near the switches in the hallway? Maybe toggle that back and forth a few times. With new coach, sometimes these things need exercising. Just thinking.

Here is what I troubleshooted so far:

Condition of RV while attempting to move slides out:
Ignition on, engine running, e-brake applied, coach is in perfect level condition, bunk lock-key activated

1. Checked 30amp self resetting fuses in batt compartment
2) checked fuses under the steering wheel
3) verified bunk lock-key was working
4) saw no fault codes on the slide control boxes
5) disconnected 12v switch for 30 seconds per the instruction manual to reset the slide control boxes
6) even drove the Winnie for a couple minutes hoping to re-jiggle what was upsetting her
7) checked all the Ford fuses in the engine compartment

So here is what I’m thinking currently..... it is odd the bunk and slide all aren’t working. That tells me there is a low chance that all 3 decided to fail at the same time. Also interesting that all 3 items require the e-brake to be engaged. So I’m thinking that the sensor that tells the slides/bunk that the brake is set has failed. In fact the slide control boxes have e-brake status inputs. So I’m guessing I need to look there, but I don’t know where that would be.

Last year, I found wiring schematics for the 26M (for an entirely different issue). Can someone guide me again how to go about getting those schematics?
charlescho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intent