Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2022, 09:10 AM   #101
Winnebago Owner

Gigman.
I don't have the receipt for the topper with me....it's in the camper which is in storage. It's a Solora but not sure of the length as I had it installed by a very reputable RV Shop. Cost was around $625 which included the install.
Here's a better photo of our back end,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kids-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	182680  
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:28 PM   #102
Winnebago Owner

We are working on purchasing a 2529RG from a dealer outside CA. There are few to be found here, and the prices are more than $10K higher than other states.

What are the dimensions of the exterior storage door opening? The interior storage in the 2529RG is great, but we are going to have to be very efficient with the exterior compartment moving down from our present fifth wheel (and get rid of the items that haven't been used in many years!).

Is there anyone that is using external/portable solar panels along with solar controller that is on the 2529RG? Previous comments indicate the stock battery is lacking. We will probably consider two better batteries.

What are the exterior connections on the door side? I believe the one behind the door is a water outlet. What are the other three about the middle of the trailer, and the other one a little further to the front? I know one is propane, probably the rectangular one is 110v plugs??

As has been noted in an earlier post, the Winnebago manual is VERY POOR. If you want a comparison, take a look at what is available from Grand Design (A WINNEBAGO COMPANY), arranged by model and year, color pictures, OUTSTANDING!! I don't care what is supplied, understand the cost of printing, but would like to be able to access something like what Grand Design supplies online. With today's technology, how much does this take?!

We have an F250 7.3L now, but are hoping to tow our 2529RG with the new Ford Lightning, time will tell. We are very excited to be moving to a new phase with a smaller/LIGHTER trailer.
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:40 PM   #103
Winnebago Owner

Two from 93449,
The pass through opening is 14 inch high by 24 inches wide. Lots more room once inside the pass through.
We don't use an auxiliary solar panel, so no help from us on that.
Connections on curb side are, left to right: Cable hook up for externally mounted TV, 12v-Volt outlet, fresh water tank fill, and last is black tank flush. Yeah, there is a quick connect for a propane grill forward of the door to the bedroom on the frame.

Hope this help.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #104
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Bob,

We are trying to figure out what width table we can get through the cargo hatch. Looks like 24" will be very tight, if not too big. Maybe we can store our longer table inside under the bed, or get one that folds across the narrow direction. We are looking forward to making every inch of storage useful.

What's the connection toward the back of the rear door. Thought I remembered that being a fresh water out?

Now I understand the complaints about the black water flush being on the wrong side, but not too tough for us to throw a hose under at our dump station where we store. Probably same goes for fresh water in, would be rare for that to not be best on the side of park connections in my opinion. We can make both work.

Not sure we would ever use the exterior outlets for the TV or 12v outside. The black rectangular is a cover for the TV coax, not a cover for 110v? Guess that doesn't matter anymore either, most of our tools are battery.

We will get slide awning as you did. We do lots of camping near pine trees, needles are problem even with the slide awning we have on our fifth wheel.

What size are your propane tanks? Seems two 30# would be best?

Are the steps ok, seems like many of the other trailers we have looked at had the fixed steps that fold down from the insiden and rest on the ground.

I believe you said that you were thinking about a battery upgrade to adequately support the 12v refrigerator. I am thinking about another external solar panel, possibly two batteries, and/or better battery(s).

John
Old 05-02-2022, 05:36 AM   #105
Winnebago Owner

John,
The maximum size for the pass thru is “about” 26 ¼ inches if you put your table in at an angle.
Not 100% sure what you are referring to when you ask about “ connection toward the back of the rear door.” There are two switches between the door to the kitchen and the back of the Minnie....those are the switches for the rear stabilizers. On the very back of the camper to the left of the spare tire is the outside shower. Under the camper are blue and red water lines....low point drains.
As far as the black tank flush, not sure what possessed Winnebago to put it on the curb side and leave it UNMARKED! Engineers and designers...gotta wonder.
I gave up on the battery powered tools for the camper. We have an inverter in our Expedition and I can plug in if necessary, Other than that, any needed repairs would most likely be done at camp where we'd have electrical service.
I think that addition of a slideout topper is a no brainer...but that's just my opinion,
The propane tanks are 30 pounds. Not sure why? If we had a 2 or 3-way fridge and were off grid, I could understand the 30 pound tanks. But with the Dometic 12-volt fridge, why the 30 pound tanks. Oh yeah, engineers and designers,
The Steps ar OK. They are a bit wonky opening and closing and a drop of lube is needed occasionally at any moving part. We're not a fan of the Morryde solid steps. They may be a problem stopping at a rest area for lunch or bathroom break and not having enough room to get them out. Also dirt from the treads will accumulate in the camper.
We're not much on boondocking or being off grid. I just want to updrage from the puny group 24 battery (engineers yet again!) to something that will keep the fridge going if we don't have electrical service. We were in a campground in Shipshewanna, Indiana when a storm knocked out power to the campground. We were OK by not opening the fridge, but would have like the bigger battery.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #106
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigman View Post
Good to see other 2529RG owners on this thread.
Regarding the 2 AC's, understand I can only one at a time because of the 30amp service?
We have a 2022 with the two ACs and 30 amp service. I'm not sure if all years are the same, but at least on our model it came with a special circuitry from Winnebago that prevents both compressors from running at the same time. So you can run both ACs at the same time.

We have run both of ours at the same time for about 4 hours without any problem. That was when it was a very hot day in Texas. But we have found that we almost never actually run the bedroom AC. Its not ducted and its pretty loud. The living room AC is ducted into the bedroom (only one duct) so we just close the other ducts at night and run the living room AC. At this point I wish we didn't have the second AC and instead had a roof vent and fan.

At some point I noticed that there was a mid year change to 50amp service. While talking to a Winnebago warranty person about something else I asked about the 30 to 50 amp change. He told me that they had had some problems with the special circuits so they eventually just decided to remove it and go to 50 amp.
dakamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:23 PM   #107
Winnebago Owner

There is a 120v duplex near the outside tv input. The other cover we have that is to the left of the rear door is a quick connect water output. I can fit a 4 step ladder in the storage area.

We also downsized to the 2529...takes some trimming down of accessories, I put more things in the back of my truck, have a topper.
Do you have a Lightning on order?, sounds like it would be a great truck
BTW, we live part time in 94550.
Gigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:33 PM   #108
Winnebago Owner

Dako, Agree on having a fan vent in the bedroom, would be a better choice. I like the option of having fresh air in the BR when weather permits. Maybe, I'll see if I can horse trade an RV dealership for a swap.
I am bringing the rig in for some service, including the BR AC.

Any other owners unhappy with the quality of the trim pieces around the dinette? The faux leather at the back of the dinette seat needs a backing, as does the piece which keeps the seats in place.
Gigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:17 AM   #109
Winnebago Owner

Hi John,

i was just reading through this again and thought I might share some thoughts,

Quote:
We are trying to figure out what width table we can get through the cargo hatch. Looks like 24" will be very tight, if not too big. Maybe we can store our longer table inside under the bed, or get one that folds across the narrow direction. We are looking forward to making every inch of storage useful.
We have theater seats and have room behind them to store a table

Quote:
What's the connection toward the back of the rear door. Thought I remembered that being a fresh water out?
The trailer comes with a blue curly hose with quick connect that goes there

Quote:
Not sure we would ever use the exterior outlets for the TV or 12v outside. The black rectangular is a cover for the TV coax, not a cover for 110v?
I don't know if we ever had a TV outside but we have often used the outside plug for a fan when air isn't moving, The breeze also helps to reduce mosquitoes. The 110 is a round plug next to water heater.

We also plan to get an awning but are waiting until our other issues are fixed.

I have and like the 30lb propane tanks. We have camped with our previous trailer in unseasonably cold fall weather and used both electric and the furnace to protect water lines and went through a lot of propane. We plan to boondock so we will go through even more.
We also now use a griddle for most of our cooking and we have a hose to quick connect to the trailer propane so will use even more.

Steps - I agree with Bob, I am not a fan of putting something wet and dirty inside trailer. To be fair I never owned them but I see packing up in the rain on a dirt or gravel site and after awning is rolled back the steps will get dirty and wet. Then going to dump again steps are getting wet and dirty. I have also heard about making sure the legs are extended correctly or you could damage them if you step on them.

I started a thread about upgrading solar and batteries and once they get our trailer correct we will be doing that as well. We have purchased some of the items already (SOK lithium batteries 208ah each, solar panels).
Just a bit of advice that some don't know about... You get a 26% refund on money spent to upgrade solar on trailer (or home) check with tax professionals.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 05-09-2022, 09:06 PM   #110
Winnebago Owner

Hi Mark,
I will be interested to hear about all of your modifications to the solar/battery system.
Thanks,
John
Old 05-09-2022, 09:33 PM   #111
Winnebago Owner

Reply....

Hi Mark,

I appreciate learning that there is room behind the recliners (our choice also) for a table.

We are having a tough time telling which recliners are in the 2022 2529RGs. Bob has the recliners below (with the lid up on the storage area behind the cup holders) in his 2021 2529RG.

The other pictures are of the recliners we thought were in the 2022 RGs, but most of the pictures of those advertised online seem to have the recliners that were in the 2021s.

Another way to tell the 2022s is the handle on the cabinet doors. The 2021s have handles with square corners, and the 2022s have rounded handles.

We are waiting for Winnebago to make the next production run of 2519RGs to begin dealing for our 2529RG.

We'll appreciate any light you can shed on the recliners.

Take care,
John Larson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Recliners.png
Views:	46
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	182801  
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2022, 07:36 AM   #112
Winnebago Owner

John,

They certainly make it difficult to know exactly what you are getting. We were looking at the end of 2021 and they had already started changing the tank sizes on some of the 2021 models. That was one of the things we really liked was the larger tank capacities and also the increase solar.
The theater seats that you have the image of are the ones that are supposed to come in both the 2021 and 2022 models, however, they have run our at times and have instead put a sofa theater seat in place of the standard theater seat. I personally liked the sofa one better and asked for that one but didn't get it.
Them making changes mid year really has them messed up as well. We purchased a 2022 with the understanding (from advertisement flyer, salesman and paperwork) that the trailer was 28'7 and the trailer we have is a 2022 with tags on the screen door and outside near compartment both showing that length but measuring it is incorrect and it is closer to 29'7. The title is even incorrect for the length.
Not sure if you saw my thread on the failed PDI - The first 2 trailers we looked at we rejected them and the 3rd trailer we have several issues with this trailer as well. It is scheduled to go in for repairs June 20th so we will see what happens. We aren't doing anything with this until we confirm they are able to fix the issues.
I suggest you do a thorough PDI on anything you are buying. I am not sure if the quality is just that bad right now (I think so) but maybe they were just off when doing the couple we failed. If you need a PDI list I could send it to you just shoot me a PM.
Did you get any timeline when the next run would be?

If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer.

Mark
Old 05-10-2022, 04:46 PM   #113
Winnebago Owner

Hi Mark,
We will have a tough time dealing with these uncertainties. I am not willing to invest this amount of money to get anything less than what I expect. If we can't get the theater seats converting into a couch, it will be time to go to Cougar or Grand Design. Both of them already told us options are guaranteed. We chose the 2529RG over the other two because of storage, simplistic design, and what we thought was better quality. We don't need panel doors on the cabinets, etc. I have already noticed some 2529RG units with irregularities around the bottom of the shower enclosures. I would definitely like to have your inspection checklist. Please email it to me directly at [email protected].
John
Old 05-10-2022, 07:38 PM   #114
Winnebago Owner

Hello John,

I may have given you the wrong idea.. the sofa theater seat is basically the same as the theater seat that comes standard the main difference is that there is no center counsel it is just a sofa that has recliners.
I completely understand about the uncertainties but it is only when they run out of stock of the standard one that they are putting the other sofa theater seat in the unit. I think other manufacturers are doing similar as needed.

We really looked at other units after we rejected the 2nd trailer and if we would have found something that matched what we were getting in the 2529RG we would have done that.
There are several things that the 2022 2529RG has that most manufacturers don't have all of these things. If you have found something I would love to hear what you found.
We are planning to retire in a year or two and wanted a trailer with a good amount of storage space and the weight capacity limits to be able to load up some extra gear for long trips. We have seen trailers with under 1000 lbs of capacity. If you are carrying 40 gallons of water you are already at 320 lbs.
We plan to boondock and camp at state parks without hookups for around 10 days so the larger tanks are necessary. We have seen 29 black tanks which will not work for us.
We wanted something under 30 feet because of fitting in sites at state and national parks (even though a foot longer it still meets this). We also wanted a reasonable starting weight which this trailer has.
We wanted something that has theater seats and a dinette because at times we will have another person camping with us and they could either use the dinette or sleep in the recliner. We also wanted to be able to eat at the dinette (at times) instead of the recliners.
We also found that some of the trailers don't have a good angle to the TV and we wanted to be more in line with the TV versus at an angle.
We also liked having the heated underbelly and passthrough storage being heated is nice when your bed is over the passthrough as it is in most trailers and it causes beds to be cold. It also has the heat pads for the tanks if the weather takes a turn to freezing during a trip.

I looked and have the PDI inspection as a google doc so I included a link here. I have the items we found wrong on the first trailer and provided this to the dealership for the 2nd and 3rd trailers - they didn't do a good job on making sure these were corrected on the 3rd trailer.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Mark
Old 05-10-2022, 09:51 PM   #115
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Mark. We have also done a great deal of looking/comparing, and like you decided on the Winnebago 2529RG. About the same reasons: storage, tv angle you discussed, less "fancy" interior design, seemed very functional. We owned a Winnebago MH in the past and it was very well built.
We have a fifth wheel now, but think it is time to downsize. We take long trips, and may be on the road for 6-8 weeks. I wonder if the assembly errors are due to Winnebago being new to the trailer business, or COVID related staffing issues? In the past we have always bought used to avoid the problems so common on new RVs. The other two trailers that were in the mix for us were the Grand Design Imagine, and Cougar. I am beginning to consider keeping our fifth wheel for a while longer. I do not have the patience to deal with the number of issues you have noted. I cannot believe that you are on your third try at finding a decent unit! Please let me know how things work out with your current 2529RG.
John
Old 05-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #116
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
After a few days we noticed that we didn't have a DVD player in our entertainment system. We don't own any DVDs but since it was supposed to be included I reached out to Winnebago and asked. They looked up my VIN and told me that when my rig was on the production line they ran out of the upgraded entertainment systems. So instead they swapped in upgraded Fire TVs. I thought that's great, I would rather have that anyway. But I was pretty sure our TV was not the upgraded Fire TV. Went back to the rig and took pictures and sent to Winnebago. They seemed confused. The serial number of the TV I have does not match what they have on record for my rig. So they told me to buy a TV and send them the receipt and they would send me a check. I did. Its been 4 weeks and the check has not shown up.
Did you ever get your check? During our "Predelivery", I noticed we also didn't have the DVD player entertainment system. The dealership said they with contact Winnebago and have one sent to us.

So, while I was asking Winnebago about some wiring diagrams, I asked if they had received the request for a DVD player entertainment system from the dealership. They said no and asked me to send some pictures of both the entertainment system and the TV. After I sent them to them, they came back and said the same thing, I should have got a smart TV and no DVD player but apparently I received the wrong TV. They said they would have their parts department ship one out to me.

We shall see.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:19 AM   #117
Winnie-Wise

Well, I finally got the wiring diagrams for my TT. It's interesting all the 12v circuits are wired with 14 gauge wire no matter the size of the fuse. The other interesting thing is my "Voyager" power plug was wired into the "Center Area" 10 amp fuse and does not show up on the diagram. Appears someone messed up at the factor.
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2022, 12:05 PM   #118
Winnebago Owner

I thought others have said the Voyager power came off one of running lights that were near? I was thinking of trying to take power from another 12v source (maybe the 12v refrigerator) and add a switch on that power. We are also going to add a second camera inside the trailer, and I would want to power it off the same line. That should be doable if we the interior camera along the back wall. I would prefer not to have to use the running lights to make the camera(s) work.

I have seen a wide range of opinions on the Voyager camera. Are you using a Voyager, or substitute??

Thank you,
John Larson
Old 05-20-2022, 02:26 PM   #119
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFrom93449 View Post
I thought others have said the Voyager power came off one of running lights that were near? I was thinking of trying to take power from another 12v source (maybe the 12v refrigerator) and add a switch on that power. We are also going to add a second camera inside the trailer, and I would want to power it off the same line. That should be doable if we the interior camera along the back wall. I would prefer not to have to use the running lights to make the camera(s) work.

I have seen a wide range of opinions on the Voyager camera. Are you using a Voyager, or substitute??

Thank you,
John Larson
John,

I installed the Furrion Vision S 7 inch Monitor, 3 Camera system as I wanted something that hugged the back of my TT rather than stick out. So here is what I found out:

I installed the cameras while the TT was not connected to the trailer, cutting and splicing the wires to include the cameras. For the rear, I removed the voyager plate and cut-off the plug, both wires at the same time. Sealed everything up with silicone (big mistake), hooked up the truck, and turned on the running light. Both side camera worked great, but no signal from the rear. Looked at the rear running lights and they were on. GREAT! Bad camera???

So, I pulled it off and hooked it up directly to the monitor. It worked. What the heck??? So, I checked the wires on the TT with my multimeter and no power. So, I applied some silicone sealer remover, as I knew I would be remounting it, and let it sit to work while I tried to figure out what was going on.

I sent into my TT to do something else and noticed and red LED on in my panel, indicating a blown fuse. It was the fifth one down from the top. Replaced it, tested the "Voyager" leads, and now I had power, but it now it would be on all the time. So, I pulled the running light right above the camera mount, wired in the camera, TESTED it and it worked great. Cleaned up the area where the camera mounts, sealed it up and the whole system works great.

In my case, the "Voyager" wiring was wired wrong.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:48 PM   #120
Winnebago Owner

I don't see any circuit denoting the refrigerator, so I assume you have a gas/electric refrigerator?

Tags
travel