Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2021, 08:15 AM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinieOwner View Post
Hi everyone, getting the 2529RG delivered in two weeks. Thanks for your postings. Does anyone have considered installing a hitch on the back of the rig (for bicycles)? I was wondering if the frame warranty would be voided, if a hitch is installed. I could ask the dealer but I don't trust much of what they say since they typically tell you what you want to hear. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingz View Post
Hi there. My Minnie 2529 rg came with a hitch rated at 250 lbs. and It’s bolted to the frame. I called Winnebago directly with questions i had about the hitch. They replied with in a few days with an answer. You might give them a call at customer service.
Be aware that most bicycle racks sold today are not rated for use behind a pulled trailer. You must look for specific models that are built for this use. It seems that using a loaded bike rack behind a travel trailer puts much different loads on the bike rack than using one behind a car or truck. The same goes for motorhomes and cars towed behind a motorhome.

If you shop for bike racks on eTrailer.com they list the capabilities with each model sold.

This is an important consideration because the wrong rack will not only potentially destroy your bikes but cause wrecks behind you when the bikes are dropped behind your trailer at highway speeds - and you are not likely to even be aware.

The same info applies to eBikes as well. The extra weight requires you to purchase a bike rack specifically engineered foe eBikes.
Old 10-31-2021, 01:51 PM   #62
Winnebago Camper

Ok about the stinky toilet Dometic 300. I did some investigating about this problem. Apparently the 300 had a problem with a terrible smell from the toilet (not a sewer smell from a bad gasket) and is well documented on line from users and Dometic. If your 300 has this problem Dometic will replace it with a 310.
Wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #63
Winnebago Camper

This is Lancer 57. I bought a RG2529 in May and have been living in it since .The dealer had to replace a bad Fridge and fix the furnace outlet issue at dinette.(common)I had to fix the Water leak under bath sink and replace the faulty thermostat in hot water heater.
I tried the Olympic 8 propane heater, Nope . returned and bought a Bluegrass living heater . 100.00 less and I love it , controls are on top not the floor, and it works perfectly!
ALL in All its not been a bad unit and the dealer was way too busy to fix the other stuff .
Lancer_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #64
Winnebago Camper

Does anybody know..... if the 2022 model (2529RG) has a Porcelain Toilet? Does anybody know, does it take an extra sewer hose to hook up both Gray tanks.... I don't understand the specs.... they say two Gray Tanks.....? Thanks in advance!
ScopeDope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #65
Winnebago Camper

I know you asked about 2022, but our 2021 has a porcelain toilet. There are 2 gray water tanks with separate gate valves to empty each. One services the kitchen only the other services the bath.
During full hook up you’d need a Y hose or some way to join into one outlet at the sewer drain.
Terrific422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:47 AM   #66
Winnebago Camper

Minnie 2529 and Bikes

Terrific -- thanks for the. informative reply.

Just thought I'd add to the comments by others about bike racks for RV Trailers. These are my opinions based on my experiences only.... others may have their opinions, as well.

After much research, I only found two that were specifically approved for use on the back of a RV Trailer, and wound up buying the "Let's Go Aero." It's a great rack, but no way will the standard bumper on ANY RV Trailer, or ANY Manufacturer installed trailer hitch support bikes on the back safely.... it's not an acceptable solution. I made it work.... but only after extensive --- and I mean EXTENSIVE modifications. I had to remove the 4"steel bumper, replace with a Mount-n-Lock Aluminum bumper (I went with 6", they make smaller), then still had to do EXTENSIVE welding to the frame of the Trailer.... custom work, really beefing up the new bumper.

Afterwards, now, I carry two Rad City E-bikes on my Lets-Go_aero bike rack. I could easily spend an hour telling you my "Failure Story" of trying it without the EXTENSIVE welding modifications, but no need -- it's embarassing, though luckily, no real harm was done! So, if you're going to carry bikes, you really need to think it out, and consider your predicament if you cut corners... or if you use a non-rated bike rack and your equipment endangers/harms people behind you. Hope this is somewhat helpful.
ScopeDope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:39 PM   #67
Winnebago Camper

Yes, I just bought one a week ago. Love the floor plan. What I don't love is the lack of resources to DYI repairs and trouble shoot wiring etc. Why? Well, my Solar right out of the shoot was wired wrong. I can not find any help or support or resources how to correct the Factory wiring mistakes. I am not close to a dealership and am a DYI person. I am very frustrated that Winnebago doesn't have better information on Travel trailer wiring and other potential resources. After the Sale help; sucks!
GunPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:11 PM   #68
Winnebago Camper

Just purchased a 2022, Minnie 2529 RG and it does have a Porcelain Toilet. Haven't yet had the pleasure to use it. But it looks pretty. I hope it will do us well, for years to come. Lol
GunPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 05:25 AM   #69
Winnebago Master

You can call Winnebago Towables and request drawings. They just need your VIN. Admittedly, the drawings are not as good as for the motorized units, but they may give you enough to succeed in DIY diagnosis and repair.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 05:46 AM   #70
Winnebago Owner

GunPatriot,
Agree with you 110% - The lack of support from Winnebago for trailers is appalling.
I've had help contacting Customer Service at 574-825-5250, option #2, then option #2 again. I like emailing as then I have a printed record and there is no he said, she said, I said: [email protected]
And yes, after sales service is terrible! Makes no difference who you complain to, your concerns fall on deaf ears.
You may consider joining the "Winnebago Minnie Travel Trailers" Facebook group. Much information from trailer owners available.
Good luck with your 2529RG. Ours is now off warranty after spending at least 3 months at the dealer waiting for repairs. Deplorable! Of course the dealer blames everyone and everything else for the delay in getting our unit back to us in a timely manner.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:06 AM   #71
Winnebago Camper

My 2529RG

I also have a 2529RG. My wife and I purchased it in January. Its our first TT after about three years of borrowing family members Class C and Class A vehicles. We took it on a one night trip to work everything out and ended up with a list of repairs that were needed. I posted that experience a few weeks ago. I also did a test of most of the electrical draw so that I could judge what type of generator I might want to purchase.

Since then the trailer has been at the dealer getting repairs. Its painful buying it, using it for one night, and then taking it back. I knew it was going to be gone for weeks. Its been 6 so far and still no idea when we will get it back.

Love everything about the trailer (other than stuff that just didn't work from the beginning). I wish the black tank flush was on the other side.

After a few days we noticed that we didn't have a DVD player in our entertainment system. We don't own any DVDs but since it was supposed to be included I reached out to Winnebago and asked. They looked up my VIN and told me that when my rig was on the production line they ran out of the upgraded entertainment systems. So instead they swapped in upgraded Fire TVs. I thought that's great, I would rather have that anyway. But I was pretty sure our TV was not the upgraded Fire TV. Went back to the rig and took pictures and sent to Winnebago. They seemed confused. The serial number of the TV I have does not match what they have on record for my rig. So they told me to buy a TV and send them the receipt and they would send me a check. I did. Its been 4 weeks and the check has not shown up.

I do plan to add a slide topper. And potentially more battery storage and an inverter. But as a stopgap I purchased a Ecoflo Pro.
dakamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:18 AM   #72
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeDope View Post
Does anybody know..... if the 2022 model (2529RG) has a Porcelain Toilet? Does anybody know, does it take an extra sewer hose to hook up both Gray tanks.... I don't understand the specs.... they say two Gray Tanks.....? Thanks in advance!
My 2022 does have a porcelain toilet. However let me warn you that just because mine does, it doesn't mean that they all do. I've learned that it matters when it was built and also who happened to be working that day. If the particular toilet was not in stock when yours was being assembled they will likely swap out with something else.

Some differences I've seen when talking to other's with the 2022 models and also some differences at different dealers. If you choose the theater seat option you may get power recliners. Mine did not. They are manual and a different manufacturer. But I like them because they have a larger storage in the center and do not require AC power to recline. Some models have a counter extension and some do not. I fortunately do and really like it because it acts as a nice end table to the recliner. If you do not have a counter extension you can call Winnebago and apparently they will ship it to you when they get them in stock. Some have a DVD in the entertainment center and a standard TV. Some have standard entertainment center (no DVD) but have a Fire TV. Mine had a standard entertainment center and a standard TV. Winnebago customer service said this was a mistake and told me I would be reimbursed if I purchased a FireTV.
dakamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:59 PM   #73
Winnie-Wise

Hi all. My wife and I are considering a 2529RG as our first trailer (had a couple truck campers in the past) and were wondering if someone could tell us the actual length, from bumper to the end of the hitch. We know the spec's state it is approx 28.5 ft and generally the "25" in model number is the actual box size. But on dealer we talked to stated the overall length from the back bumper to the end of hitch was 30 feet.

Can anyone measure theirs and let me know? Thanks in advance.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 06:30 PM   #74
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Hunter View Post
Can anyone measure theirs and let me know? Thanks in advance.
28 feet, 8 inches.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:03 PM   #75
Winnie-Wise

Thanks travelkids. That is what I thought (25 ft + approx 3.5 ft for the bumper and hitch tongue). I would have measured it myself, except it is 120 miles away.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:35 AM   #76
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelkids View Post
28 feet, 8 inches.
Thanks again, but I was wondering if you actually measured it because I noticed the factory spec's now says it is 29'6" - it grew about a foot! LOL
Old 04-05-2022, 04:58 PM   #77
Winnebago Camper

Our 2022 2529rg

We purchased our 2022 2529rg in October. Still trying to get the items fixed that were wrong with it at delivery. They so nice at delivery and the next week when I took it back for the service work they turned into Godzilla. Two trips of leaving it at the dealer and the nightmare continued. They parked it under power lines. Took us 4 hours to scrub bird droppings off. It was covered. GM and the service manager do not care. They are so bad I have fixed everything except what needs parts my self. I purchased a backup camera but I am getting nothing to the wires for it. It is wired wrong as I get 1.4 volts without the trailer hooked up to my truck and when I turn the headlights after hook up on I still am showing 1.4 volts. When I turn the 12v power off I am getting nothing on the wires and with the 12v system off and the trailer lights on I get nothing. Sounds like it is wired into the 12 volt camper system and not the lights. I cannot get an answer from anyone as to what might be wrong. I am thinking of connecting it to the center light on the rear which is right above the camera hook up. We love the camper but it is frustrating when the dealer and Winnebago care nothing for the customer. I need a wiring diagram and cannot get anything from Winnebago. I am venting here because I don’t know what else to do. Maybe I’ll cut my losses and trade it for a forest river product that was what we traded in and we always got great service. Any idea on the back up camera wiring would be helpful and thanks for listening.
Nasepres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:24 PM   #78
Site Team

I try to stress to all people that post here before they purchase that the dealer will be their best friend before the sale and after turn from a friend to a foe and hardly remember their name. Many times those folks say... "Not my dealer they're great." But just wait.

Keep trying with Winnebago - they can be helpful when you get the right person on the phone.

Start a thread on Rear Camera wiring for Micro Minnie 2529RG and be patient. I did see one post you made on this. But start a dedicated thread if you have not. Be clear about what you need info on and wait for others to respond here.

When I saw your other thread you said the clearance lights were lit but you still had no power on the factory connection. As I understand it the power comes from one of the clearance lights.

You may have seen this already... and it may be of no help, but I thought I'd give it a try. It's a Youtube video installing a Backup Camera on a Micro Minnie.

The backup camera install comes in at ~3 min:

Old 04-05-2022, 05:56 PM   #79
Winnebago Camper

Thank you I had not seen that video. I did exactly what he did but I get noth8ng from the wires. I have taken the red marker light out and we probably just tap into it. The other note about dealers, I have been service manager at the the same Toyota dealer for 32 years now and I have always given my customers the best service possible and treated them with kindness and respect. I guess I never expected the dealer to treat me the way they have. I am about to retire but I will continue to take care of my customers the same way till I hang it up. As for the dealer I don’t have many options this time but next time I will research the service department first. Thank you again for your help.
Nasepres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 02:10 PM   #80
Winnebago Owner

Just wanted to post an update on the actual measurement of the trailer.

The door tag states 28'7 as manufactured.
The actual measurement from the tip of the tongue to the end of the bumper is 29'8 and the spare tire would add around an additional 8 inches if you wanted to include that.
This is a 2022 so it would be interesting to see if the 2021 was shorter? I know the 2022 included bigger tanks so maybe they added a foot and didn't bother updating anything including the official sticker on the screen door.
It is frustrating because we were trying to stay a little shorter because of tight State and National parks.

Tags
travel