Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2021, 01:20 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

Awesome! Congratulations!
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:13 PM   #42
Winnebago Watcher

Hi everyone, getting the 2529RG delivered in two weeks. Thanks for your postings. Does anyone have considered installing a hitch on the back of the rig (for bicycles)? I was wondering if the frame warranty would be voided, if a hitch is installed. I could ask the dealer but I don't trust much of what they say since they typically tell you what you want to hear. Thanks.
MinieOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:45 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on getting a 2529RG......we're lovin' ours!

No idea on installing a hitch for bikes. If your dealer says it's OK to put a hitch on, make sure you get it in writing.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Bob, I suggest you get the "Weigh My Truck" app for your smart phone.
creativepart: Finally getting around to posting about my experience at the CatScale. It was actually quite painless. Rather that setting up an account as you suggested, I stopped at the desk at my local Flying J and inquired on exactly what I needed to do.
Pull onto the scales. Make sure your front tires are in one "block" (easy to see what they were referring to once on the scale), your back tires on another block, and the trailer tires on yet another block. Get out of you vehicle and push the big silver button. The attendant will advise you over a speaker to come in and get your ticket. Pay $12 and you are on your way!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT Scale.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	178266  
Old 04-09-2021, 10:10 AM   #45
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelkids View Post
creativepart: Finally getting around to posting about my experience at the CatScale. It was actually quite painless. Rather that setting up an account as you suggested, I stopped at the desk at my local Flying J and inquired on exactly what I needed to do.
Pull onto the scales. Make sure your front tires are in one "block" (easy to see what they were referring to once on the scale), your back tires on another block, and the trailer tires on yet another block. Get out of you vehicle and push the big silver button. The attendant will advise you over a speaker to come in and get your ticket. Pay $12 and you are on your way!
That was a concise, painless, as easy as it gets on how to use a CAT Scale!
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:10 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I'm interested in this model....anyone have one yet?
Pros & Cons??
Thanks
Bob
Yes , I do . The only thing Wrong on Mine is a Furnace duct has fell off the Plenum to the dinette outlet . It fell of on the Furnace end and I haven't resolved how to access This .The Trailer is Perfectly laid out .
Lancer_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:54 AM   #47
Winnebago Owner

Can anyone tell us if the ceiling vents for the ducted air conditioner are supposed to ROTATE? The vanes move, but we cannot rotate to direct the air blowing out.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:56 AM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Can anyone tell us if the ceiling vents for the ducted air conditioner are supposed to ROTATE? The vanes move, but we cannot rotate to direct the air blowing out.
Mine do, but they are always "sticky" and I've had them pop out when I do this. You can pop them back in again. Maybe someone has a trick for lubing them somehow, but I haven't found it much of a problem once I got them all turned the way I like them. It just seems they could work a lot better.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

tinglett - what's the secret to "popping them out?" I gave a gently tug on on and it wouldn't budge.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:19 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Size and Brand of topper

Quote:
Had a slideout topper installed yesterday!
Looks great. 4 inch slope to deflect waster and debris.
What brand topper did you have installed? Looking to do the same.
murph362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:31 AM   #51
Winnebago Owner

Murph362....we had the Lippert Solera slide-out topper installed on our 2529RG.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Travelkids,

Thanks, much!!

Murph362
murph362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:09 PM   #53
Winnebago Owner

Came back to our 2021 2529RG Minnie and water was coming out of the fresh water tank fill. We are hooked up to city water. Our fresh water tank shows it is full now. Any suggestions how this happened?
Old 09-17-2021, 04:16 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Came back to our 2021 2529RG Minnie and water was coming out of the fresh water tank fill. We are hooked up to city water. Our fresh water tank shows it is full now. Any suggestions how this happened?
Yes, easy answer. Read this from a couple of days ago

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3904951
Old 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM   #55
Winnebago Owner

Thanks!!
We're in Kansas right now...I'll check this out when we get home next week.
Thanks again!!
Old 09-26-2021, 10:31 AM   #56
Winnebago Camper

Bought a 2529RG in mid Aug 2021. We like the layout and are looking forward to full time camping in a year when retire.
New to RVing so we seem to have a million questions about some of he simplest things. Thanks everyone for sharing!!
Terrific422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:32 PM   #57
Winnebago Camper

Rear Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinieOwner View Post
Hi everyone, getting the 2529RG delivered in two weeks. Thanks for your postings. Does anyone have considered installing a hitch on the back of the rig (for bicycles)? I was wondering if the frame warranty would be voided, if a hitch is installed. I could ask the dealer but I don't trust much of what they say since they typically tell you what you want to hear. Thanks.
Hi there. My Minnie 2529 rg came with a hitch rated at 250 lbs. and It’s bolted to the frame. I called Winnebago directly with questions i had about the hitch. They replied with in a few days with an answer. You might give them a call at customer service.
Wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #58
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hey Dennis,
We actually picked up our new camper last month. I posted to see if there were any other 2529RG owners out there in Winnebago-Land and was hoping for some comments. Looks like you and I are the only ones so far.
Yes, ours has the 100watt solar panel.
We do have the power stabilizers and I like them! A bit slow deploying them, (as is the tongue jack) but I'm not bending down as much as I did with our last trailer.
The 12-volt fridge was a major plus. From what I've been reading, about three days is the limit on the battery. My wife and I rarely do any boon-docking, so I'm not to concerned. When the time comes, I'll upgrade from the Group 24 battery to something larger. I've moved the battery over to the street side and installed a tool box with sewer elbows, etc., behind the propane tanks next to the battery.
Added a sewer hose carrier on the rear bumper.
Ah, propane tanks...I would rather have 2-20lb tanks than the 2-30lb tanks.
We have the recliners instead of the sofa.
A bit disappointed in the small (28 gal) black tank.
I like the ducted air....our last camper's Air Conditioner was pretty loud. Especially in Death Valley when it was 114 degrees out.
We're towing with a 2018 Ford Expedition XLT. So far, other than a slight drop in miles per gallon, no issues. I'd like to have a larger gas tank in our Expedition.
Getting a slideout topper installed next week.
I would have liked to seen more owner's manuals than what we received when we picked it up, but I have been able to find many online.
Our first outing is scheduled for March 15th. I plan on stopping at the Pilot fuel stop on I-10 in Gulfport, MS to get weighed.
We've added shelves in the two wardrobe cabinets in the bedroom and shelves in the two cabinets to the right and left of the TV.
Cut off the chains on the hitch and replaced them with cables.
Ordered a toiler paper holder from Amazon.
Whew...did not mean to get so long winded.
Bob
Hi Bob
Hey im thinking of adding shelves to those cabinets too. Did you make or buy them? If you bought them where did you get them.? Thanks for a reply
Old 10-22-2021, 10:46 PM   #59
Winnebago Camper

Terrible bathroom smell

Ok i just got back from the maiden voyage of my Minnie 2529 RG. I had no problems with the AC, fridge, furnace, convection oven and stovetop. However there is an unholy smell that builds up only in the bathroom. Now im a seasoned camper. I know how to treat the black tank properly and keep it deodorized. i was the only one on this trip and yet the bathroom smelled liked an unflushed urinal the whole time. Pee U!! When i opened the roof vent it would clear out after a while. It seems like ithe smell is coming from the plastic toilet or the floor around it. Has anyone had this problem in a brand new trailer?
Old 10-23-2021, 05:19 AM   #60
Winnebago Owner

Shelves and toilets

Wingz,
You asked about the shelves I made. I used pegboard as it is expensive and lightweight for the sides. I can also adjust the shelves as needed. The shelves are plywood. And the stringers are pine dowel. Hope the pictures help.
You'll most likely have to measure and fit each dowel as the cabinets are not perfectly square. I used a small pencil sharpener on each end of the dowel as that seems to help when fitting them into the pegboard. We use the fabric "boxes" from IKEA to hold underwear, socks, etc. They fit almost perfectly.
I replaced the Dometic 300 toilet after just one outing with a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II porcelain toilet. Added a slow close toilet seat too.
But getting back to your original question, no, did not have a nasty smell in the bathroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Shelves-2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	181158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right of TV.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	181159  

Tags