Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #141
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the pictures....

Thanks for the pictures, that is exactly the couch we want. Hopefully the information on your tag will allow Lippert to tell us where we can purchase the couch/recliner. This configuration is much better for us when we have grandkids with us.

Winnebago has jacked up the prices on the 2529RGs coming from the current production run. Time will tell if we can get a decent price. We were also considering a Grand Design Imagine XLS 23LDE before we decided on the 2529RG because of the extra storage. We were expecting to pay more for the current 2529RG due to the second AC, 50 amp service, and "transitory" inflation but not up around $40K.

Curious if others considered the GD Imagine XLS 23LDE????
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:36 PM   #142
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Curious if others considered the GD Imagine XLS 23LDE????
We looked at them, but didn't care for the bathroom situation. The wife like the kitchen better though.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #143
Winnebago Watcher

Has anyone dropped in Lithium Batteries or does anyone know if the stock charge controller in the 2529RG can support LiPO batteries?
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:47 PM   #144
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
Has anyone dropped in Lithium Batteries or does anyone know if the stock charge controller in the 2529RG can support LiPO batteries?
Depends on which converter you have. Mine came with a WF-8955PEC which will not support LIPO batteries. I am going to replace mine with a WF-8955-AD in anticipation of installing LIPO batteries.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:36 PM   #145
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Hunter View Post
Depends on which converter you have. Mine came with a WF-8955PEC which will not support LIPO batteries. I am going to replace mine with a WF-8955-AD in anticipation of installing LIPO batteries.
How can i tell what model converter i have? I’ve taken the panel off and slid the converter out but counldn’t see any kind of model number
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:54 PM   #146
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
How can i tell what model converter i have? I’ve taken the panel off and slid the converter out but counldn’t see any kind of model number
When you open the drop-down door, you should see the model number. Here is a picture of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220509_185919 a.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	183557  
Old 07-26-2022, 07:54 AM   #147
Winnebago Camper

We have a Minnie 2021 2529RG and love most of it, except the small black tank and the 30 amp (we have to choose between running the A/C and using the microwave or using my hair dryer...we can only run one thing at a time). We have a second A/C unit but it will not run when the main unit is running because it trips the breaker. :(
Mbconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:18 PM   #148
Winnebago Owner

Anybody know the length of the 2022 2529RG? We have not picked ours up yet, and would like to make a reservation for Thanksgiving at park that wants the length from tip of hitch to rear bumper. I've seen this discussed on this site, and don't trust the 29'-6" on the Winnebago site.
Old 07-27-2022, 06:44 AM   #149
Farmall

2529RG Maiden Voyage complete

We picked up our 2022 2529RG in early July and our first trip was to the infield of Pocono for the NASCAR race. (no hook-ups, 30 amp inverter generator).
50-amp service, one A/C (for now).
When we picked up the TT, only found a few minor issues...the drain traps were loose on bathroom sink, shower and kitchen sink, a few drawer catches were improperly aligned and not catching. (both repaired on-site).
Had a time trying to fill the fresh tank as water kept coming back out at the fill port. Vent is clear but the fill line appears to be routed so there is a small uphill in the middle of the run. Considering installing a garden hose with no male end in through the fill hose long enough to reach the tank and just hooking to the female end to fill without spilling.
I found a 2" x 10" louvered register at Lowes for $10 to cover the rectangular furnace supply air duct under the pantry cabinet. Had to put it in the space through the access panel under the shower and drop it in place from the front of the cabinet, but it fits pretty nice.
The underbelly cover had one area that the screw went through the cover and there was a 3" tear in the underbelly plastic. A few strips of Gorilla Tape and all sealed up. While I was under there, I removed the excess expandable foam at all underbelly penetrations (drain pipes, etc.) and sealed with more Gorilla Tape.
We were able to run the air conditioner while baking enchiladas in the convection oven with no issues.
It was very sunny and quite warm...I covered the skylight in the shower from the roof side with a folded blanket during the day...huge help with heat.
Did find that the roll-up sliding shower door bottom sill is not sealed to the shower pan, so will be doing that soon.
Will be returning to the dealership to have the exterior ceramic coating and interior fabric protection applied and a slide topper installed. Also considering adding the bedroom air conditioner, which I assume is a stand-alone unit.
Also replaced the factory mattress and added the Den-Dry underlayment.
Overall, a great first trip. Thanks for all of the info from the first 7-1/2 pages of this thread...very helpful.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:20 AM   #150
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFrom93449 View Post
Anybody know the length of the 2022 2529RG? We have not picked ours up yet, and would like to make a reservation for Thanksgiving at park that wants the length from tip of hitch to rear bumper. I've seen this discussed on this site, and don't trust the 29'-6" on the Winnebago site.
The "frame" is 29' 6" to the tip of the coupler. Add another 3 1/2" for the trailer box overhang in the rear, plus another 4 1/4" for the bumper. So, approx. 30' 2" not including the spare. We have found some campgrounds include the TV in determining the length. We try to see what the actual pad length is. We basically call ours 50 ft total, even though we are a hair shorter.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:25 AM   #151
Winnebago Owner

Agreed! This Forum has been very helpful for us in preparing to purchase, and now navigating the purchase of our 2022 2529RG 30 amp model.

What brand of inverter/generator are you using? How heavy and how noisy? At a NASCAR race I suppose they did not have any issues with you running it continuously?

Great idea covering bathroom skylight in hot weather. I am going to find some type of weighted cover for this purpose, and can see using it often.

A "noisy slide" on our trailer at the dealer in Arkansas is delaying our departure from California to pick up our trailer. I got info from BAL for dealer's service department, hopefully soon.

This will be our first "new" RV, have not been interested in fixing manufacturing/assembly defects/mistakes in the past. But no choice with the new light weight models that are not plentiful on the used market yet. Oh well, retired now with plenty of time.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:44 AM   #152
Winnebago Owner

Just measured ours from spare tire to tip of coupler. 30' 7". Ours was built in June of 2022.
IOS 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:53 AM   #153
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the length information. I don't understand "include the TV in determining the length"? I think I will call ours "30 feet", and plan on taking off the spare tire if it is an issue.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:55 AM   #154
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Thanks for the length information. I don't understand "include the TV in determining the length"? I think I will call ours "30 feet", and plan on taking off the spare tire if it is an issue.
Tow Vehicle
Old 07-28-2022, 05:47 AM   #155
Farmall

2529RG overall length

Quote:
Yes, measured ours last night and the spare tire on the rear bumper adds almost 11" from the bumper. So coupler to bumper was just about 29' 6".
With spare tire 30' 5".
Old 07-28-2022, 06:02 AM   #156
Farmall

Quote:
Agreed! This Forum has been very helpful for us in preparing to purchase, and now navigating the purchase of our 2022 2529RG 30 amp model.

What brand of inverter/generator are you using? How heavy and how noisy? At a NASCAR race I suppose they did not have any issues with you running it continuously?

Great idea covering bathroom skylight in hot weather. I am going to find some type of weighted cover for this purpose, and can see using it often.

A "noisy slide" on our trailer at the dealer in Arkansas is delaying our departure from California to pick up our trailer. I got info from BAL for dealer's service department, hopefully soon.

This will be our first "new" RV, have not been interested in fixing manufacturing/assembly defects/mistakes in the past. But no choice with the new light weight models that are not plentiful on the used market yet. Oh well, retired now with plenty of time.
We actually thought we were getting the 30-amp model, but when it showed up at the dealer, it was 50-amp.
The generator is a Westinghouse iGen 4500c which has the RV ready TT-30R outlet (which I now need the 30-50 amp adapter)
Weight is 106 pounds and pretty quiet at 52 dBA.
Reading all of the posts out there about broken, missing, defective parts on new (COVID era built) travel trailers, I have so far been impressed with the quality of this Winnebago.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:06 AM   #157
Winnebago Camper

I'm having the same issue with my trailer. Had anyone given you a solution?
One of the main selling points of the trailer was 2 AC units and a 30 amp breaker.
Wdgranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:20 AM   #158
Farmall

"same issue" meaning tough to fill fresh water tank?

From all of the reading (mostly here) it appears that the 2529RG's originally had 30 amp input cord. With the optional 2nd a/c in the bedroom, they designed a power management system to handle both on 30 amp service, but were having issues, so they decided to go with the 50 amp input.
Ours is 50 amp and is prepped for the 2nd a/c, but ordered/ delivered without one, which we are checking into installing. Don't really plan to run both at the same time, especially while using the 30 amp inverter generator, but the main (ducted) unit doesn't keep the bedroom as cold as a meat locker.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:27 AM   #159
Farmall

Oh, now I see..."same issue" meaning tripping the breaker when both A/C units are on.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:45 PM   #160
Winnebago Owner

I have had a rough time with our 2022 2529RG as anyone who saw my PDI thread knows. After rejecting 2 trailers for roof issues I took the 3rd one with decent roof but it was in for repairs and there were 36 items.

Here is the latest - figured I would post a quick update on a few items that are relevant here.

I have the 2 AC units with 30a service and yesterday was running both and it tripped. So that isn't working correctly. I didn't have anything else on in the trailer.
I also brought the trailer home and saw a puff of white smoke near the rear tire at one point. I wasn't sure if that was caused by the trailer brake locking (didn't think so) but recall seeing about a caliper issue so I am worried about that.

But now the deal breaking problem after finding out that even though the trailer is tagged as being 28'7 it is actually 29'6 and since that time (months now) I have been trying to find an accurate weight on the trailer because the tag shows the exact same weight as the 2021 model - I am towing with a Ram 1500 Eco diesel. I have contacted the salesman and he went to Winnebago and they said the tag would be correct. I contacted Winnebago customer service and they said the tag would be correct and they are weighed as they come off the line. I was still not believing it so talked to the customer service manager and she was going to check with engineering... after weeks they didn't know. The trailer was in for repairs for over a month and prior to that we were camping with it fully loaded so I couldn't get a weight. So while at the dealership Winnebago asked them to get it weighed but they said they were too busy. Then the customer service manager asked me to get it weighed and she would let engineering know. The dealership is a 4 hour round trip so they had some items backordered so I picked up the trailer to use it for a few weeks. It was empty so I took it to get weighed.
It turns out I was right to be worried about the weight because it is wrong and it is beyond even where I thought it would be. The dry weight is off by over 1000 lbs. And the tongue weight was off by over 100 lb
Trailer weight per purchase agreement, sticker on trailer and the title is listed as 5968 but the actual weight was 6980 which is 1,012 lbs over the stated weight.
Tongue weight is supposed to be 648 but the actual weight was 760 which is 112 lbs off.
We also know that the stated length of 28'7 is wrong and the actual length is 29'6.
This is beyond what I should be towing with my truck so I have reached out to Winnebago and the dealership with an email on Sunday night about returning this trailer. I had no response from either so I sent another one this morning saying I wanted to take care of this on Saturday and no response and I called the operations manager at the dealership and he didn't answer or call back. So tonight I filed a case with the PA Attorney General - Consumer Complaint department after I talked to them earlier today and they were shocked how far off the weight was from what Winnebago has on trailer and my paperwork shows.

Hopefully I will be able to get out of the deal and walk away from Winnebago this has been a disaster.

Tags
travel