Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2022, 08:40 PM   #181
Winnebago Owner

Tongue Jack Light

We drove through a downpour most of today. Tonight the switch on our tongue jack light is stuck on OFF. Was OFF. Wondering if it is a fuse, bulb?? All fuses on panel look ok. Tongue jack and stabilizers are fine, only the light switch.
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #182
Winnebago Owner

Backsplash...

Our backsplash is not properly adhered, and bows away from wall behind. Thinking of removing sheet material and replacing with adhesive tiles that can handle stove heat. Any suggestions?
Old 08-16-2022, 05:32 PM   #183
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Our backsplash is not properly adhered, and bows away from wall behind.
Ours has been that way from day one. We are taking the TT in for some warranty work (mainly the furnace issue) and that is on the list. We will see what they do, if anything.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:55 PM   #184
Winnebago Owner

Please let me know WB's solution to your backsplash. I think they tried to install the plastic panels with double-sided adhesive. Hot weather, panel expands and warps away from wall. Some of this is just easier to fix yourself, SO IT IS DONE RIGHT! I'm not sure why no backsplash on cabinet next to stove?? I found some aluminum tiles, 3x6 I think, online. Just started looking. I would rather deal with one tile at a time, rather than a sheet. Biggest issue will be cuts around window corners. Also have not determined if the backsplash goes under upper cabinets. Think just under a trim piece.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:16 AM   #185
Winnie-Wise

"Please let me know WB's solution to your backsplash."

Will do. It will be the middle of October when we take it in (first opening) and they said plan on 2 weeks for diagnostics. LOL Hopefully we get it back by spring, 2023!!!
Old 08-30-2022, 10:24 AM   #186
Winnebago Watcher

Bob & Pat,
I am interested in upgrading our smaller Wolf Pup trailer to the Minnie 2529RG and am curious about how efficient the ducted AC is. Do you have a single or dual AC units? Being in AZ, AC is a big deal. However, I do not want a second unit which may be overkill in a 25' floorplan, but want to be sure the ducted AC is sufficient in the bedroom during those hot summer nights. Please let me know your experience. Thank you.
alysonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:08 AM   #187
Winnebago Owner

Alysonm,
Our 2021 2529RG is 30amp with the two air conditioners. My Bride of almost 55 years and I are happy with the ducted air. We've camped in Texas, Kansas, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, and Iowa during “hot” months without any problem – over 16,000 miles. We've never used the bedroom air conditioner with the ducted unit since we're only 30amp. In fact, other than occasionally making sure the bedroom air conditioner actually works, we haven't found the need to use it. If I direct the ceiling A/C ducts to blow the cold air back to the bedroom, we're fine.
If you like a really cold bedroom at night (we don't), then you may want to consider running the bedroom air at night and the main A/C at other times.
The only complaint would be when the inside temperature is above say 95 degrees, it does take a while to cool the camper down. But that doesn't stop us from kicking back with a cool adult beverage and watching the evening news. We had the same issue trying to cool down a hot camper with our last two trailers also – although neither had ducted air. It is what it is.
Are you looking at one of the newer 2529RG units with 50amp service? If so, you should be able to run both at the same time.
If you are interested in a 2023 model, I have it on very good authority (no, can't reveal my source) they will all be 50amp service. Of course, there is a price for that.
Hope this answers your concerns.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:21 AM   #188
Winnebago Watcher

We want to avoid the 50 amp service. We do like a cool bedroom at night, low 70s, but also religiously use smaller fans for circulation and white noise. It sounds like the 2022 has included a bunch of upgrades after notable issues in 2021 but if 2023 is 50 amp by default, I am probably interested in a 2022 model. Appreciate the feedback. And, the cold adult beverage does make everything better!
alysonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:35 AM   #189
Winnebago Owner

Hi Alysonm,
We have a 2022 2529RG with two ACs, but like Bob & Pat only run the main AC. Both ACs will run at the same time, but one "throttles down" to allow that. The latest 2022 2529RGs have 50 amp service that would allow you to use both ACs simultaneously. We thought that the 50amp unit was going to be our choice, but "transitory inflation" added about $10K to the price of the 50amp units (manufactured in June) so we opted for the earlier 2022 with 30amp service. We bought our trailer in Arkansas to get the configuration and price we were after, and recently got back to CA from a trip through MS, LA, TX, NM, and AZ with plenty of hot weather. It takes a while to get the trailer cooled down after traveling on a hot day, but we were ok otherwise. We are downsizing from a 31ft. 5th wheel that had 50amp service, but only one AC, and sure remember having some of tough days you refer to in the southwest. But we could just not justify the added price for the 50amp service. My wife likes air movement, so she uses a small fan at night, and closing/directing the vents does wonders. We sure like the layout of the trailer. We have owned many RVs, but have always bought used due to the fixes that come along with a new RV. Nothing major on the 2529RG, but keep your toolbox handy, and have a reputable dealer to take care of warranty issues.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:30 PM   #190
Winnebago Owner

Best use of under trailer storage.....

Interested in pictures of ideas for maximum utilization of the front storage compartment? My wife wants to use slide out shelves, but I think they are expensive and could not be any wider than the doors. Now use plastic bins that are almost as tall as the opening. Area in the middle is still not well used.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:37 PM   #191
Winnie-Wise

We keep it simple with plastic bins with bi-fold lids. Two will fit side by side. Portable BBQ in its box is in the middle. I use one of the bins to push the BBQ to the other side so I can grab it.

I did install "exercise matting" rather than carpet on the floor to keep the tubs from sliding around. Laid it out and cut to size. Then taped the joints with black Gorilla tape. That way I can easily take it out if needed and it is much easier to clean than carpet. I also install a flap for the heat vent so I can open and close it.

I will try to take some pictures next time I am out there.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #192
Winnebago Owner

Thanks #1!! I used rubber mat (diamond plate pattern) from Harbor Freight that came in a roll, got two pieces across from a roll. Will buy two more rolls to finish. Great idea on the Gorilla tape! I am looking for bins that are close to width or height of storage openings. As you mention, taller is better. Still debating about making a rack with a shelf for shorter items, tool box underneath?? We like to carry a 6 foot folding table from Costco, maybe under bed. We were so concerned about storage, and haven't filled it yet!!
Old 09-03-2022, 06:35 PM   #193
Winnie-Wise

This is the stuff I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1

Of course, after installing it, I saw a bunch at a yard sale for free!!
Old 09-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #194
Winnie-Wise

These are the tubs we use. Two easily fit side by side. Driver side - black water tub and electrical tub. Passenger side - fresh water and leveling/stabilizing tubs. I put on of these tubs sideways, so I can store my Campmor stabilizer risers that stack together. You can see the BBQ in the middle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220905_181036.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	184055   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220905_181129.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	184056  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220905_181204.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	184057  
Old 09-05-2022, 10:20 PM   #195
Winnebago Owner

Looks good! I was unsure about what I could use for hooks to hang the cranks on the plywood behind the front cap? Fire extinguisher under a good idea. I put the rubber mat I got at Harbor Freight on both sides and was just enough in the middle for our BBQ. My wife and I were just shopping the bins at HD and decided we needed clear ones with the double fold tops like you spoke about. We decided it was easier if the top didn't come off, and you could see the contents. I am buying a ladder that collapses to 4.5x3.5x75 and weighs 25 pounds. I am going to use rope slings to hang it from the aluminum ceiling joists. BBQ in the middle is a perfect spot.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:08 AM   #196
Winnie-Wise

Yeah, I have a fire extinguisher on each side. I use 3M Command Adhesive Wall Mounted Broom/Mop Grippers to hold my Equal-i-zer hitch hook. The cranks slip in behind the hook and rest on top of the grippers.

It is kind of funny that I have a black water bin, as that orange bucket holds my two sewer connections and gloves - everything I need to dump (hose is in the bumper).
Old 09-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #197
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlichty View Post
Thanks guys for the replies.

I took the trailer to the CAT scale and disconnected only leaving the trailer on the scale. The tongue on one block and trailer tires on the other. The ticket shows the weight of the tongue and the weight on the axles on the other with a combined total listed as well. I have an Anderson sway control and the bracket was on so between the water, bracket, battery and tanks I could give it 250lbs which I think is very generous and it is still 750 lbs. over weight. My understanding was that it is the weight as shipped so I thought it included the tanks.
There was/is a problem with the floor so when we took the trailer in there was no guarantee that we were ever going to see the trailer again so it was completely emptied out.
The problem is that Winnebago changed the length of the trailer but still advertised at Hershey show the old length and weight and had the units tagged that way. It is tagged as 28'7 and that is what I thought I was getting but when I measured it months later because of a post on here I found it is 29'6. Early this year the website still showed the 22 model to be 28'7, however, since that time it has been updated to 29'6 is the length. The weight is exactly the same as the 2021 model but they increase tank sizes by a combined 50+ gallons, have a longer awning this year and the additional 11 inches of trailer and they are claiming the same weight.

Even when comparing different trailers with some having a 2nd AC unit (like mine) they only added 20lbs to the overall weight. So without 2nd AC it is 5948 and with an additional 13,500 AC unit it goes to 5968 Does that seem correct to anyone?
Hello all,
So continuing on the drama of the trailer length and weight.

The trailer is listed as 28'7 but is actually 29'6 - no doubt about that.

We had quite a time between General RV and Winnebago to finally get it weighed. They had the trailer there for 5 weeks for repairs and although I asked both them and Winnebago about getting it weighed from the day I dropped it off they didn't do it. General RV said they were too busy. So Winnebago requested I get it weighed which I did and it showed as around 1000 over the weight. I didn't take off tanks, didn't drain the hot water heater or low water and a couple other things (they must have put water in the black tank during repairs) because it showed as empty and I was able to make sure the grey tanks were empty.
I complained that a week after I picked it up they wanted it back to get it weighed.. They offered to pick up the trailer which I agreed to but 2 days before they said they had a waiver for me to sign.. That waiver included language that I couldn't sue them and a non-disclosure that I couldn't talk to anyone about the agreement and if it was within tolerances I would have to pay (but they didn't know what the tolerances were). I refused to sign it so ended up driving the trailer back and meeting with the Winnebago rep in person.
So the official weigh in was finally done and the trailer is tagged and on my title as being 5968 but it is 6460 lbs 492 lbs over the dry weight. That is over 8% more than they have it listed as.
The biggest negative is that when looking at my towing capacity which is 7660 that leaves me only 1200 lbs.
So 6460 is the completely empty weight. I then add back in the propane tanks, battery, and the water from low tank drains and hot water heater which is around 350lbs and I am up to 6810.
I had talked on here and got a lot of advice about our plans for boondocking so adding in the SOK batteries and solar panels that I already bought would add around 300 more pounds. So now I am up to 7110.
I would be boondocking so would need maybe 40 gallons of water so that is another 333 lbs. so I am up to 7443 pounds without any gear or food. So obviously that isn't going to work.

After the essentials are added (tanks, one battery, water in low fill and hot water heater back puts me down to only 850 lbs. when I should have 1342 lbs. of capacity so it is costing me over 35% of my cargo capacity.

Since I started to question the weight Winnebago keeps telling me every unit is weighed when they come off the line so it is an accurate weight. When I talked to the General RV customer service manager he said they told him the same thing.

General RV has sort of washed its hands of everything by saying they sold the trailer but Winnebago is responsible for the weight being wrong so I have to deal with them. I am not so sure about that because I do have the purchase agreement with General RV and it shows the weight to be 5968.

I have requested to return the trailer and a refund of my money because I can't safely tow it or I can't use the trailer as I had planned to use it and it is completely the fault of Winnebago.

I haven't heard anything back from Winnebago in over a week now.

I worry because how many other people with 1500 or F150 trucks could be over their capacity for towing? I kept asking both General RV and Winnebago if they aren't concerned about this because someone could get killed thinking they are within the limits of the truck but really are overweight. They basically ignored that question.
Old 09-07-2022, 04:28 AM   #198
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlichty View Post
Hello all,
I worry because how many other people with 1500 or F150 trucks could be over their capacity for towing? I kept asking both General RV and Winnebago if they aren't concerned about this because someone could get killed thinking they are within the limits of the truck but really are overweight. They basically ignored that question.
Sorry to read about your situation but no need to worry about everyone else. Generally, attempting to pull anything over 21' with a 1/2-ton truck is going to be overweight in some fashion, be it payload (including tongue weight) or capacity. I'm currently at the limit pulling a 2108TB with my F-150 and accepted that when I purchased the truck.

It seems that the only course of action you may have is to either sell the trailer, upgrade your tow vehicle and/or hire an attorney and sue the pants off W. My sincere recommendation is to take a deep breath and assess which path will create the least amount of stress / financial pain. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2022, 04:51 AM   #199
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
Sorry to read about your situation but no need to worry about everyone else. Generally, attempting to pull anything over 21' with a 1/2-ton truck is going to be overweight in some fashion, be it payload (including tongue weight) or capacity. I'm currently at the limit pulling a 2108TB with my F-150 and accepted that when I purchased the truck.

It seems that the only course of action you may have is to either sell the trailer, upgrade your tow vehicle and/or hire an attorney and sue the pants off W. My sincere recommendation is to take a deep breath and assess which path will create the least amount of stress / financial pain. Good luck!
I know that many push the limits but if you push to what you think is acceptable but don't realize that the trailer weighs 500 lbs. more than advertised that could be a huge problem. As far as worry about others I would like to know if I was in that situation and risking my family safety because of neglect on Winnebago's part. I spent over 20 years as a volunteer firefighter and rescue tech. so I would hate to come upon a scene where a truck towing a travel trailer was involved in and accident and a family is trapped in the truck. I mentioned that to both General RV and Winnebago from the beginning when I realized that my trailer was mislabeled around June. I asked weren't they worried about liability because of this known error and they keep selling them with a wrong weight and length label... I guess not. I do think newer ones now seem to be corrected.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:28 PM   #200
Winnebago Owner

External Solar Connection in 2529RG.....

I cannot find the external solar connection on our trailer. Pictures of our 2022 show it below the solar controller, not on our trailer. I've also seen some people voicing concern that they cannot plug in on an outside wall (where it should be). I just can't find anywhere to plug in an external solar panel?? I am thinking we got shorted, and want to get a connection added at WB's expense since we are heading in for some warranty work.

Tags
travel