Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-15-2023, 05:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winterizing 2108Minnie FLXDS

I picked up my trailer today and backed it into my RV storage area. This area is three sided with enough room to extend the slide-out. I live right on the on just a block of the ocean in central Maine. So, it gets cold but not like some parts of Maine. From what I have gathered from Wannebo and this forum, my plan is to connect to shore power in my RV Storage area instead of removing the battery. A big reason is I want to use the winter months to modify the drawers and cabinets with shelfs and dividers, getting ready for a very full 2024 camping season.

I understand I need the Xantrex on so that it can condition the batteries.

Winnebago says that you should turn off everything if you elect to use this
method.

If I am inside working on the trailer, I would need to have lights and outlets functional.

It would be good to also have some heat, but I can set this to gas, so I do not believe that will be an issue.

My concern, which I have seen before, is what is the impact on the Xantrex inverter being 24/7 for let's say 3 months.

Thanks Steph
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't have a Xantrex, so I can't speak for it. However, my RVs stay plugged up pretty much 24/7 when parked at home. I keep humidifiers in them to keep the moisture levels down to reduce odors and other issues. I have never had a problem and I have done it with multiple RVs over the years.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Xantrex will do just fine if left plugged in. However, it will do some battery cycles unless you turn off the charging function.

Tags
winter