Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-13-2023, 05:54 AM   #1
Micro Minnie 1800BH

Micro Minnie tank level gauges don’t work

We’ve owned our 2023 Micro Minnie 1800BH since June 2023.

The only issue since day one is the holding tank gauges don’t register, with the exception of the black tank maybe saying 1/3 full two times since we purchased. Our trailer gets very frequent use.

On checkout at the dealer when delivered, the tanks were all empty so I had no way of knowing this was an issue.

I’ve researched and done everything that I can to find a faulty or loose connection.

I’ve cut an access hole in the weather barrier on the bottom side and ensured all connections are intact and the through tank sensors are connected tightly.

I have removed the gauge panel, checked the connections and traced all the wires to the tanks and can find nothing amiss.
The battery charge indicator functions so I’m thinking it’s not the indicator panel.

The closest dealer service center is in Sanford, Florida about 1.5 hrs from my home in STA.
I’m not inclined to leave my trailer to sit and be worked on for any period of time. I repair all small items on my RV’s myself unless it’s a pricey, covered part under warranty.
I was waiting for other problems to occur and take it there before the one year mark which will be in the spring.

Many owners state they have never had working level indicators.
It’s not a big deal but I’d like the tank level indicators to function.

This is my first travel trailer after three Winnebago Class C motorhomes, two of which I purchased new. Overall we have been fortunate with the WI products and are pleased.

I’d appreciate any ideas or experiences other owners may have had with the same issue.

Thanks!
PWRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:10 AM   #2
Site Team

Call an independent mobile Tech to come to your trailer. If you want to involve the factory warranty in the repair call Winnebago Trailerable Customer care and ask for them to work with your independent tech. That can make things more difficult to arrange so you’ll need to decide if that’s worth it to you or not.

Many people complain about inaccurate tank gauges on all RVs but it’s not a good thing to have gauges that don’t work at all.

If you go through the trouble to have a tech fix your gauges consider having them just change them out completely to SeeLevel’s much more reliable tank system as a possibility?

Also for future purchases tell the dealer to put water in all the tanks before you arrive for your PDI to check everything. I’ve done that my last two RV purchase and it worked well to verify everything was working normally - not just the gauges.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:41 AM   #3
Micro Minnie 1800BH

The fresh tank was full and I asked them to empty it for the ride home.
So I goofed and didn’t think to check the gauge before I asked.
I’ve never had anything not functional on delivery with my previous new purchases.
I was naive and expected everything to work properly.

Thanks for the mobile tech suggestion.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2023, 12:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Check the ground connection. Even if it looks good, I would clean it up.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:39 PM   #5
Micro Minnie 1800BH

I’ll check it again
Old 12-13-2023, 03:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I will second the ground being a potential issue. Especially with all of them not reading. I would go as far as to run a jumper wire to test it.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 04:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Have you checked a wiring diagram for this RV, so that you can be aware of some of the parts involved?
We don't get the best support for the trailer group online but there are often items which are much the same as what we find on motorized, so it may be worthwhile to look at one to see if it matches what you have?
What I'm guessing is that the basics of tank level sensing is much the same. But that would need some checking before saying for sure it is true!!

If we were to assume the trailer group is the same design specs on this small item for holding tank gauges, could we use that info to check the trailer group gauges?

Totally unsure if that works but it does give a place to start looking and compare what you have?
This is a link to the drawings for gauge wiring on 2023 motorhomes and may be the same as what you need?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000200447.pdf
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank