Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2023, 09:23 AM   #281
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelkids View Post
Need the model numbers for the two air conditioners in a 2021 2529RG. I have serial numbers, but no model numbers.
Thanks.
The sure way is to get up on the roof and take the shrouds off each and shoot a photo of the info sticker on each. You'll have all the info you'll ever need. I clean my A/C condenser once a year when washing the roof and took my photos then.

You might just do a google search with your serial number and come up with this same info - or at least some of it.

Here's what the sticker looks like on the A/C unit on my motorhome:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC-Sticker.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	186462  
Old 06-26-2023, 06:59 PM   #282
Winnebago Owner

Yeah, the outside temperature is 105 degrees and I'm NOT climbing on the roof!

I've emailed both Dometic and Winnebago waiting for a reply.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:21 AM   #283
Winnebago Camper

I can’t find a unique model number on ours either…and the owner’s manual gives a range of model numbers.
Mbconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 09:21 AM   #284
Winnebago Owner

In looking for info on our converter, I found a small box label Energy Management System in the jumble of wires behind the main panel. We were aware of the confusion with EMS when we bought our 2022 2529RG, and were told the 2022s did not have EMS. I think we only tried both ACs once, and they wouldn't stay on together. Anyone have info on EMS??
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 09:24 AM   #285
Winnebago Owner

I have a 50 AMP build on my 2529RG, so I do not have the system that tried to manage 2 ACs on a 30 AMP system....
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 03:35 PM   #286
Winnebago Camper

We were unable to run both A/C units on our 30 amp either. Ours had an Emergency Management Switch, not a System, but it didn’t work. We upgraded to 50 amp have had no issues since.
Mbconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 01:32 PM   #287
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbconnolly View Post
We were unable to run both A/C units on our 30 amp either. Ours had an Emergency Management Switch, not a System, but it didn’t work. We upgraded to 50 amp have had no issues since.
Our 2529RG is a 2022, not aware of any switch. Where is your switch in the 2021 2529RG? I had done lots of research on the 2529RG before we bought ours, so was aware of the EMS issue. Our dealer told us that there was no EMS on our unit. Recently, when wanting to get details on our converter for a potential Lithium battery, I found a box in the jumble of wires behind the main panel that is labeled Energy Management Switch. Maybe it is ON all the time?

On our trailer there is a breaker that is labeled Microwave/BR AC, and I know they sure won't run together if that is in fact where the BR AC is powered.

We can run both ACs, starting the main first and then the BR unit, but one will "throttle down" at some point. The BR unit is very noisy. I've got to do more trial and error with them now that I found the EMS, but waiting to get into some heat. We were rarely in a situation where we needed two ACs with our previous fifth wheel, but there were situations when in NV or AZ during the summer when it would have been useful.

What was the cost of the conversion to 50amp service? I thought maybe I would add a separate cord/service for the BR AC to potentially use another plug on the pedestal that could run the BR AC.
Old 08-19-2023, 01:36 PM   #288
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, forgot to post pictures of the Energy Management Switch....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EMS in wires behind main panel.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	187030   Click image for larger version

Name:	EMS function.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	187031  

Old 08-19-2023, 01:37 PM   #289
Winnebago Owner

Picture of wire jumble was taken from under sink into area behind panel.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:48 PM   #290
Winnebago Owner

After some more AC testing, I think the EMS only applies to the microwave and BR AC. Both are on the same breaker on our trailer. I can get the main and BR AC to run together, but get little cooling from BR AC. If I try to run the BR AC at max cooling either a breaker on the panel or outside on the pedestal flips.y wife ran the microwave while I was treating the BR AC and the BR AC throttled down until the micro went off (main AC wasn't running, or I imagine breaker would have flipped. As has been mentioned, BR unit is noisy. We have been in heat during the summer that it would have been worthwhile to run the BR AC for a while to cool the front of the trailer down, then turn it off and run the main to take advantage of the ducting. When the shell of the trailer gets hot while driving, it takes a while to get it cooled down once stopped.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:01 PM   #291
New to this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFrom93449 View Post
After some more AC testing, I think the EMS only applies to the microwave and BR AC. Both are on the same breaker on our trailer. I can get the main and BR AC to run together, but get little cooling from BR AC. If I try to run the BR AC at max cooling either a breaker on the panel or outside on the pedestal flips.y wife ran the microwave while I was treating the BR AC and the BR AC throttled down until the micro went off (main AC wasn't running, or I imagine breaker would have flipped. As has been mentioned, BR unit is noisy. We have been in heat during the summer that it would have been worthwhile to run the BR AC for a while to cool the front of the trailer down, then turn it off and run the main to take advantage of the ducting. When the shell of the trailer gets hot while driving, it takes a while to get it cooled down once stopped.
Chances are, like mine was, your microwave and BR AC are on a transfer switch which is likely located behind your fuse panel.
Meaning if your running one or the other power will not allow the other to run.
Mine was disconnected and the microwave connected directly to the fuse panel.
AC was removed and fan inserted.
Your main AC is separate on the breaker panel.
We just use a fan to push or pull air from the main area to the BR.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 11:39 AM   #292
Winnebago Owner

2529 bristol to valterra conversion

I know Travel Kids had their dump valves changed to valterra valves, anyone else done this? If so, some pictures, especially showing the piping from the black and gray tanks. The Bristol valves would remain in place with them in the open position. The kitchen swap looks very simple. Thanks, Lou
Gigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:51 PM   #293
Winnebago Camper

Yes, I own one. It is fantastic, plenty of room, lots of extras. Well worth the purchase.
cclennon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 03:01 PM   #294
Winnebago Owner

Had my trailer in a shop to replace the wheel well and metal skirting (J wrap). that was destroyed when a tire let go. After about 3 weeks waiting for parts, WB sent the wrong part., and it looks like the correct part is on back order.

In addition, it looks like my J wrap is different than some other 2021 units, probably covid related. My J wrap is has a smooth metal finish, other units have a dimpled finish.
Not sure what to do know but wait to see if WB can find the correct part.
I did had the Bristol valves converted to Valterra as Travel Kids and others have done. Great conversion, should be trouble free.
Gigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 11:31 AM   #295
Winnebago Camper

I can verify the EMS on the 2021 2529RG. Yes, both A/C units will run on 30 amps, the A/C units are 9K low profile units. If the convection/microwave is turned on the BR A/C will cut off until the microwave is turned off.
This a great forum on WB!
rhardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 12:21 PM   #296
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for your post, it is helpful. Take care and safe travels.
cclennon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 01:29 PM   #297
Winnebago Owner

2529RG Air Conditioners

rhardwick,
I also have a 2021 2529RG Both of my A/C units are Dometic Penguin II 13.500 BTU units and cannot both run at the same time on 30amp service. I doubt I have the EMS.
Not sure what the build date was on our Minnie. Glad to hear you can run both A/C units at the same time. Stay cool!
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel