Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2023, 06:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Which Micro Minnie FLX floorplan to get?

I have am looking at purchasing one of the still new 2022 FLX 2108 packages or the FLX2306BHS. If you have one (the 2108TB, FBS, DS or the 2306) let me know which one has worked best for you and why, or if you had a do over which one of the others you would have purchased. (Even if its not one of the 4 noted).
Uses: General camping, on and off hookups, boondocking while hunting and fishing.
Towing vehicle: with a Ford Expi with HD tow pkg. (9200 tow capacity)
Thanks in advance.
SDFLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 07:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Part of that would depend on things like how much room you really need. My wife and I have a 2108 DS and find that it’s plenty of room for the two of us and our cat. If you have kids, you may want more space. In retrospect, the 2108 FBS would have likely been the better choice for us, as we found that we tended to leave the Murphy bed folded down pretty much all of the time so a full queen bed would have been a bit better for our needs. We love our trailer though, wouldn’t trade it for anything now.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2108fbs and generally enjoy the layout. We like the walk around bed and ability to use a regular mattress. We had some interest in the TB version because of the ability to go king or two twins beds but the better deal was for the FBS. That said I’m happy with the FBS version because I can get up tonuse the restroom at night without disturbing my wife.

The other consideration is dinette vs sofa. Ours has the dinette which we generally like but there are times we’d like to have the sofa. Of course, I’m certain we’d want the dinette at times if we had the sofa.
crumjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 10:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I had opportunity to measure the DS murphy bed and it appeared that a full size queen (60x74) would in fact fit. Did you not find this to be the case? I however was not sure of the thickest mattress that would fit. Thoughts?
Old 08-17-2023, 10:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumjack View Post
We have a 2108fbs and generally enjoy the layout. We like the walk around bed and ability to use a regular mattress. We had some interest in the TB version because of the ability to go king or two twins beds but the better deal was for the FBS. That said I’m happy with the FBS version because I can get up tonuse the restroom at night without disturbing my wife.

The other consideration is dinette vs sofa. Ours has the dinette which we generally like but there are times we’d like to have the sofa. Of course, I’m certain we’d want the dinette at times if we had the sofa.
In general is the FBS and the DS mattress size and the space it takes up the same when the ds murphy is in the down position? Just wondering what is the biggest size mattress that can be put on the murphy what will still close (width length and thickness) if you know.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:12 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We wanted a place to sit and rest or have a meal with the slide in. So that ruled out the FBS for us, because you should not sit in the dinette with slide in. Went with the DS mostly for that reason. If we had a do over, we would have chosen the TB model because the Murphy bed mattress is torture, and a bit of a PITA. But the trade off is the DS has a large pass through. If your tv is payload challenged, this makes a big difference because a big pass thru allows you to transfer heavier stuff from the truck bed to the pass thru. And it makes it easier to keep 12% on the tongue, the sweet spot for towing this trailer. The rest of the floorplan works well for a couple and a pet. Shower is big enough for a big guy (6’1”/230) to shower comfortably. Wish there were more windows. They could have put side windows in the slide out. But, we spend very little time in the camper in daytime, and cook most meals outside. We’ve taken trips up to two months and never felt cramped in the 2108.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFLX View Post
In general is the FBS and the DS mattress size and the space it takes up the same when the ds murphy is in the down position? Just wondering what is the biggest size mattress that can be put on the murphy what will still close (width length and thickness) if you know.
I would not know the answer to this question. We did stick with a short queen for the FBS. I'd have to measure if a full queen would interfere with the slide. What I do know is our mattress and topper are too thick to full up.
crumjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFLX View Post
We have a full queen mattress on our DS - it is slightly too long for the Murphy bed platform by a few inches, and of course we can’t fold up the bed anymore, but it does not interfere with the slide at all, no problems there. The width of the queen fits perfectly, it’s just the length that’s an issue.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

we have the 2108 FBS and I love it because we can get around the bed. We have no kids so we have no need for bunk beds, and we have the dinette version instead of the couch. We both sit and use the table quite often. It's been a great layout for us.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:46 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
We wanted a place to sit and rest or have a meal with the slide in. So that ruled out the FBS for us, because you should not sit in the dinette with slide in. Went with the DS mostly for that reason. If we had a do over, we would have chosen the TB model because the Murphy bed mattress is torture, and a bit of a PITA. But the trade off is the DS has a large pass through. If your tv is payload challenged, this makes a big difference because a big pass thru allows you to transfer heavier stuff from the truck bed to the pass thru. And it makes it easier to keep 12% on the tongue, the sweet spot for towing this trailer. The rest of the floorplan works well for a couple and a pet. Shower is big enough for a big guy (6’1”/230) to shower comfortably. Wish there were more windows. They could have put side windows in the slide out. But, we spend very little time in the camper in daytime, and cook most meals outside. We’ve taken trips up to two months and never felt cramped in the 2108.
I hadnt noticed that the Dinette cant be used in the closed position. But after reviewing some images I can see why. How about the jackknife sofa? Do you know if the same rule applies about its use with the slide in?
Old 08-18-2023, 11:40 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

From the research I’ve done, it’s not good to put human sized weight on the slide while it’s in, regardless of dinette or sofa. This is because Micro Minnie’s use a Schwintek slide mounted above floor level. When the slide is in, there is no support under the slide, so extra weight puts leverage stress on the mounting brackets and the slide mechanism. I suppose if you put a brace under the slide floor when it’s in, it might be sufficient to support the weight. I haven’t tried that, and really don’t to fuss around with it.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:11 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
From the research I’ve done, it’s not good to put human sized weight on the slide while it’s in, regardless of dinette or sofa. This is because Micro Minnie’s use a Schwintek slide mounted above floor level. When the slide is in, there is no support under the slide, so extra weight puts leverage stress on the mounting brackets and the slide mechanism. I suppose if you put a brace under the slide floor when it’s in, it might be sufficient to support the weight. I haven’t tried that, and really don’t to fuss around with it.
... agreeing with Marine359. We have the TB model. I would prefer the slide/dinette be several inches shorter in depth so there would be more space to move when it was in. We can't fit 4 bodies comfortably in the dinette as it is. That's not being critical of the design. This floorplan was made for 2 people and a pet. We knew that when we bought it.

I'm 5'9" and just fit on the bed lengthwise; any taller and it won't work
Old 01-07-2024, 09:41 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We have the sofa and looked for a dinette but settled for sofa. Good and bad but for us the sofa extending to the point it blocks passage to bathroom we won’t ever use it as a bed, it is more comfy than our jack knife sofa!
AandPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Have you made your purchase. We're selling a like-new 2023 FLX 2306BHS. It's roomy with a Murphy bed, bunks, and dinette/couch. Less than 10,000 miles on it.
lgudema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

For us the main thing is accessing everything with the slide room retracted, like when stopping in a rest area for lunch.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

When the slideout is in, it's tight (of course) but we can scootch through to the refrig, bathroom, etc. When it's out we can easily (of course) access everything.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3951746
lgudema is offline   Reply With Quote