Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #301
Winnebago Owner

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1464886611.847306.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  81.0 KB

Can anyone ID the part mounted to MH wall just to the back of 24J slide? It doesn't change position when slide is extended and touches nothing when slide is stowed.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #302
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
Well, I found the switches and they look just fine. That is not the problem.

About the engine oil, I checked a plastic bottle of engine oil for the numbers you mentioned and did not find any such numbers. Guess they don't print those spec numbers on the product labeling. My oil just said 10W-40 and SAE number on it.
If it is the proper oil it will, state everything on the label.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #303
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Jim View Post
A new question.

The holding tanks. Are they in an enclosed heated water bay, or are they hanging in the open under the frame?

Jim
The tanks are heated as stated, water tank is not, all the lines are in side except the low point drains and the external shower.
What we do is winterize the shower an low point drains with RV antifreeze and leave them that way.

I have use the Navion down to 27 over night with no problem, but if your uncomfortable dump the fresh water, and hot water tank, add RV antifreeze to black and grey tanks, winterize the lines, it takes longer to drain the water than to winterize the rig.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:48 PM   #304
Winnebago Camper

As you travel across America, how difficult has it been to find the correct grade of diesel?
SeniorRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:24 AM   #305
Winnebago Owner

Never had an issue with finding the "right" diesel. Had issues,a few times, finding a station that was open or sold diesel at all.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:11 AM   #306
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
The tanks are heated as stated, water tank is not, all the lines are in side except the low point drains and the external shower.
What we do is winterize the shower an low point drains with RV antifreeze and leave them that way.

I have use the Navion down to 27 over night with no problem, but if your uncomfortable dump the fresh water, and hot water tank, add RV antifreeze to black and grey tanks, winterize the lines, it takes longer to drain the water than to winterize the rig.

I have a 24J with instant hot water. The fresh water tank is under the bed and is therefore heated (as well as the bed) by the water heater. If the day temps are above freezing and it gets below at night I leave a trouble light (75watt) in the fresh water bay, and put the tank heaters on. You need to be plugged in or run the gen all night. 18 degrees overnight at Lichtsinn for warranty work. The fresh bay stayed above 46 degrees.

I also use a $20 inside/outside remote thermometer (home depot) kept in the fresh bay when in cold weather. During the warmer days I put it in the fridge to keep track of the temps.

It was 8 degrees when I took delivery of the RV - it was winterized. It's different having a hard freeze where the temps are low during the day also.

If you use your tank heaters be sure to have some fluid in them to avoid damage to the tanks!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #307
Winnebago Owner

Grey tank pump problem

Our pump quit pushing out the grey water. We hear the pump work but nothing comes out. When we got home, we emptied it manually in our backyard.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a solution to empty it without the pump in a clean way at a traditional dump site?

Sam
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #308
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
Our pump quit pushing out the grey water. We hear the pump work but nothing comes out. When we got home, we emptied it manually in our backyard.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a solution to empty it without the pump in a clean way at a traditional dump site?

Sam
Hi Sam,
Not sure which model you have. We have a 24V, and it has a cleanout on the line from the grey tank to the pump. I put a silcock in place of the cleanup plug as I was anticipating times when the pump may not work. This way I can hook my cleanup hose to the silcock and wash out the black hose, or dump the majority of water from the grey tank (a small amount of water will stay in the pipe due to the adapter) I got the idea from others on the Yahoo Group.
Click image for larger version

Name:	View Grey-Cleanout.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	129114
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #309
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
I have a 24J with instant hot water. The fresh water tank is under the bed and is therefore heated (as well as the bed) by the water heater. If the day temps are above freezing and it gets below at night I leave a trouble light (75watt) in the fresh water bay, and put the tank heaters on. You need to be plugged in or run the gen all night. 18 degrees overnight at Lichtsinn for warranty work. The fresh bay stayed above 46 degrees.

I also use a $20 inside/outside remote thermometer (home depot) kept in the fresh bay when in cold weather. During the warmer days I put it in the fridge to keep track of the temps.

It was 8 degrees when I took delivery of the RV - it was winterized. It's different having a hard freeze where the temps are low during the day also.

If you use your tank heaters be sure to have some fluid in them to avoid damage to the tanks!
I found last night that in our V, there is some heat ducted into the service bay from the coach propane heater, this may help keep things down there from freezing, and since that area is in contact with the fresh water tank, it may help there as well.

I was running some wiring under the street side bed and noticed that someone at the factory stepped on the duct crushing it and also pulling it off the heater!
Note that the large end of the "Tee" comes from the furnace and the other goes out to the duct between the beds. The small output of the Tee directs heat into the service bay through a flexible duct hose.

To say it was a bit restricted would be an understatement! There was also quite a bit of construction debris left under there. Not very good quality control at Winnebago, but it did help me learn about what goes on under that bed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smashed duct.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	129117

Name:   Repaired duct.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  44.5 KB
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:23 AM   #310
Winnebago Camper

Grey water pump ???

Just a silly thought, since I could or would forget to pull the grey lever BEFORE hitting the pump switch and guess nothing would come out.... Seniors tend to do stuff like this😱
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:50 AM   #311
Winnebago Owner

Thanks!

Cyclops, Thanks for the idea and photo. I'll check into the silcock.

Seahenry, I'll put some fresh water in the tank and check out my memory banks.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:08 AM   #312
Winnebago Owner

Just back from Yellowstone, I will try to work thru the conversations if I miss any or step on toes please don't be offended.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 AM   #313
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I found last night that in our V, there is some heat ducted into the service bay from the coach propane heater, this may help keep things down there from freezing, and since that area is in contact with the fresh water tank, it may help there as well.

I was running some wiring under the street side bed and noticed that someone at the factory stepped on the duct crushing it and also pulling it off the heater!
Note that the large end of the "Tee" comes from the furnace and the other goes out to the duct between the beds. The small output of the Tee directs heat into the service bay through a flexible duct hose.

To say it was a bit restricted would be an understatement! There was also quite a bit of construction debris left under there. Not very good quality control at Winnebago, but it did help me learn about what goes on under that bed!

Attachment 129117

Attachment 129118
This could also cause the flapper not to work, which in turn would not let the furnace ignite. Nice find.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:31 AM   #314
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Never had an issue with finding the "right" diesel. Had issues,a few times, finding a station that was open or sold diesel at all.
I mostly fill at truck stops because the fuel has a high turn over.
#2 ULTRA low sulfur 15ppm (NO BIO DIESEL IS PREFERRED).

It is becoming all but impossible to not use Bio Diesel.
Winter fuel change the blend down to 2%. But summer blends reach 20%.
Storing is the problem, try to winter over without Bio Diesel.

Change fuel filter or (at least drain often), oil & filter at he end of the season.
If you have never drained the fuel filter you should at least find the drain line. It is possible to pickup some water.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:48 AM   #315
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Hi Sam,
Not sure which model you have. We have a 24V, and it has a cleanout on the line from the grey tank to the pump. I put a silcock in place of the cleanup plug as I was anticipating times when the pump may not work. This way I can hook my cleanup hose to the silcock and wash out the black hose, or dump the majority of water from the grey tank (a small amount of water will stay in the pipe due to the adapter) I got the idea from others on the Yahoo Group.
Attachment 129114
Silcock; Nice idea whoever thought of it.

An earlier post asked about dumping gray water, not at a dump station.
It is frowned upon at all RV parks, i would be amazed if they didn't ask you to leave. I have seen rigs driving down the road with what appeared to be gray water running out. It is considered bad form to use this method to dump the grey tank.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #316
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Silcock; Nice idea whoever thought of it.

An earlier post asked about dumping gray water, not at a dump station.
It is frowned upon at all RV parks, i would be amazed if they didn't ask you to leave. I have seen rigs driving down the road with what appeared to be gray water running out. It is considered bad form to use this method to dump the grey tank.
We would never and have never dumped grey water anywhere but out back in our yard and only the one time the pump was not working.

Ours is a 24 Profile G
Old 06-10-2016, 12:14 AM   #317
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Hi Sam,
Attachment 129114
Did you consider a 1/4 turn ball valve instead of the gate valve?

Looking into this mod myself; where did you find a threaded plug to accept the valve?
Old 06-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #318
Winnebago Owner

I have only read of one person willing to spring for the Magne shades; anyone else using them? How do you like them?
Old 06-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #319
Winnebago Camper

I have Magne Shades on my Navion M and absolutely love them. The best thing about them is the view out the front and side windows. Really opens up the front of the unit. At night we slide the interior shades closed to get privacy but during the day we can see out while from the outside you can't see in. They do a good job of blocking out the heat generated by the sun. Big plus in the south!

Comes with windshield wiper covers as well.

Thinking about ordering the tire covers in a few months.
TriGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #320
Winnebago Owner

I also have Magneshades for my Navion. I had them on my previous class A and wouldn't be without them. Yes they're a bit spendy but for the convenience, worth every penny.
Camper Ken is offline   Reply With Quote