Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #501
Winnebago Owner

Link to VIN Decoder:
http://en.vindecoder.pl/WDAPF4CC5C9505982

The decoder will provide all the specifications for your vehicle including capacities.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #502
Winnebago Camper

Anyone having TV problems with their 2017 view? Lost power to the TV over the sink. Reset of breaker on inverter is a no fix. Also our refrigerator wouldn't run on battery selection, works great on 110 and genny . Dealer found a bad wire harness but elected to put in new unit. Still real happy with the View.
DJDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #503
Winnebago Owner

Our TV never worked well but we were often in State parks. Then it just quit. It was the antenna - seems it was a cheap on. A local TV guy put in a better one that works much better.
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #504
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, mine is a power issue, it's in the shop for a new fridge waiting for factory to send it out. Can't wait we have snow in eagle Idaho and need to go get some sunshine.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #505
Winnebago Camper

SocioSam states his TV never worked but there's no indication if his RV is a 1995 Vectra (from his signature line) or a View / Navion. On these forums, unless you add your RV make, model and year to your sig line, how can anyone know your experience lines up with theirs?
Old 12-29-2016, 05:22 AM   #506
Winnebago Camper

Just checking my signature line. I'm a newbie. I think I set it up right.
RGD-DBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:26 AM   #507
Winnebago Owner

View 24G - 2014
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:21 AM   #508
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
View 24G - 2014
Didn't work? Or didn't work well?

Thoughts:

Ther are two rocker switches under the first cabinet. One counter light. Second controls both TVs as a Master On.

The OEM antenna is a "Jack". One of the better on the market. It is amplified and directional. Not extendible.

WBGO is not really clear about how to operate it. Nor do the tell you that there are two power switches. The "master" is located in the cabinet above he TV on the accessory panel. It is a NOT labeled push button!!!! Turn it ON. The antenna has an ON-OFF switch on the port side. Turn it ON. You will have blue lights on the antenna base. Slowly rotate the antenna until the most lights are illuminated.

Turn TV ON. Go to SET UP. Select search for "Air Channels." Takes a few minutes.
When done....select your channel. (You need to do this on each TV you are going to watch & after every time you power the TV down with the Master or turn off the Coach Master.)

TVs are 12V. No need to use inverter, generator or shore power.

If reception was very poor, it is likely the antenna was not powered up, i.e., both switches and blue LEDs on.

Antenna travel position is "nose" forward & wings to rear. Probably contrary to the arrow on the antenna's base.....
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #509
Winnebago Camper

The skylight (electric) in our 2017 View V has a leak. Thought they found the problem due an unsecure molding. However, it still leaks. Very slowly and from the bottom tray the screen folds into (passenger side) Any ideas I might pass on to the shop.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:11 PM   #510
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
You can easily drive 2500 miles. I have driven 5100 miles before once and 3700 miles another time. If you drive 2500 miles you will need only about 4 liters to fill up.
Sorry, I have a 2014 View Profile 24G
Cruizer Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #511
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD-DBD View Post
The skylight (electric) in our 2017 View V has a leak. Thought they found the problem due an unsecure molding. However, it still leaks. Very slowly and from the bottom tray the screen folds into (passenger side) Any ideas I might pass on to the shop.
Ours developed a leak but it turned out to be simply some pine needles in the groove where the skylight seats when closed. Easy to check.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #512
Winnebago Camper

Guess I missed something how did you set up signature line. daaah
Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 PM   #513
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
You can easily drive 2500 miles. I have driven 5100 miles before once and 3700 miles another time. If you drive 2500 miles you will need only about 4 liters to fill up.
I'll second that. Our experience is about the same.

HOWEVER!!!! the two schools of thought. Fill as you go OR wait till the DEF warning fires off. About a year + ago, the center of mass was toward waiting for the DEF light before refilling. Today, it's moved to filling as you go. The reasoning is: waiting for the DEF light "appears" to allow build up of DEF crystals inside the tank and on the sensors when the surfaces dry out. The end up crapping up the sensors and the filter. That leads to trouble ... eventually.

Apparently, the crystals do not re-dissolve back in to solution.

If you have spilled any DEF.... or even if you haven't.... you can see the 'white creep' around the base of the DEF cap or in the catch ring. It's nasty stuff and very hard to keep from forming. That's what may be going on inside the tank when it drys out. So, the moral is to re-fill when you are a couple liters down .... or when ever you are starting out on a trip.... just to keep the inside of the tank wet all over.

Me... I do maybe 1500 miles or 1000 and top it off. I top it off as part of my 'pre-flight' checks before a trip. When I leave on my return trip, I top it off. And again when I put it in storage. But that is just my way....
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:46 AM   #514
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDoug View Post
Guess I missed something how did you set up signature line. daaah
I went to Quick Links (menu line top right of page) User Control - Edit Signature. Then Save Signature. Done deal.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:56 AM   #515
Winnebago Camper

Skylight Leak (Living Area)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME for Maine View Post
Ours developed a leak but it turned out to be simply some pine needles in the groove where the skylight seats when closed. Easy to check.
Checked everywhere up there. was told at service dept something wasn't snapped during install. Still leaks. Water is getting into, and pooling in the interior trim piece. The slot where the screen retracts into. Slowly drips over the edge...unless I move the RV...then it spills out. The search is on.
Peace
Old 01-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #516
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crows View Post
I'll second that. Our experience is about the same.

HOWEVER!!!! the two schools of thought. Fill as you go OR wait till the DEF warning fires off. About a year + ago, the center of mass was toward waiting for the DEF light before refilling. Today, it's moved to filling as you go. The reasoning is: waiting for the DEF light "appears" to allow build up of DEF crystals inside the tank and on the sensors when the surfaces dry out. The end up crapping up the sensors and the filter. That leads to trouble ... eventually.

Apparently, the crystals do not re-dissolve back in to solution.

If you have spilled any DEF.... or even if you haven't.... you can see the 'white creep' around the base of the DEF cap or in the catch ring. It's nasty stuff and very hard to keep from forming. That's what may be going on inside the tank when it drys out. So, the moral is to re-fill when you are a couple liters down .... or when ever you are starting out on a trip.... just to keep the inside of the tank wet all over.

Me... I do maybe 1500 miles or 1000 and top it off. I top it off as part of my 'pre-flight' checks before a trip. When I leave on my return trip, I top it off. And again when I put it in storage. But that is just my way....

I always top off to eliminate the possibility of being low on DEF.
When ever I park for an extended period I also top off minimize the possible crystals.
I have some left over, I am going to test the premise that the crystals will not reconstitute back to liquid. Give me a couple weeks I'll report the results.
But I'm not going to change my practice either way.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #517
Winnebago Owner

DEF update, the crystals are slowly disappearing back into liquid form.
After actually testing the theory I suspect if you where willing to wait long enough, or constantly agitate it might return to liquid form.

I plan to keep it topped off.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #518
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
...I plan to keep it topped off.
That seems to be the consensus best practice and it's what I've done with both of my Views. It can become problematic if you wait for the light to come on.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #519
Winnebago Camper

Ok I have parked at a CG that has cable channels but when I scan RV like I do for over the air nothing
Not the 17 channels that are listed

I have a cable from the post to the service bay that says Cable

Do I need another cable inside the door behind tv I would thank so

Maybe I missed a step or maybe the cable at my spot is down

Don't want to look to stupid when I visit office

In quartzite, first trip here in our VIEW and wife says we need hook up

Holiday Palms is not bad, alteast rest rooms are clean when we peaked in
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #520
Winnebago Owner

gmasters, There may be two things to look at: make sure the signal amplifier is turned off. It's a small push switch inside the cabinet with a green light when it's on. It is only on when you are using the antenna for off the air reception. Secondly, make sure you set the TV to cable before you do the scan. Hopefully this will help.