Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 06:25 AM   #201
Winnebago Camper

Hi
We're newbies, picking up our first rv view in 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing
Joanne and jim
Poodle express
View v 2016
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #202
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanned View Post
Hi
We're newbies, picking up our first rv view in 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing
Joanne and jim
Poodle express
View v 2016
Good Luck! We have a 2014 with 36K miles. It has been great.

Hope you get your full measure of Joy.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #203
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elks View Post
So some of you Navion/View owners tow a car behind? I like the View's but can't see packing up daily to visit places or go shopping, then return and set up again. Also, without levelers, is this stable with little or no rocking side to side when people move inside? I'm curious about these compared to a Ford based Aspect Class C.
You will be surprised at how little effort is involved in setting/leaving a site.

We have 36K miles on our 2014, V-We have climbed the Rockies, Bear Tooth, The Blue Ridge & Smokies-been up into Canada on both Coasts. No Issues with Power, great Economy. No Toad-Couple of Bikes-Great adventure!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #204
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry if you have seen this post in other areas, but I am having a hard time finding an answer.

I like the floor plan and large slide of the 24M but am concerned about the sofa bed. I am looking at 2016 models. I laid on one and something is needed on top. If I put a 3 inch foam mattress on top, will that work? I would have to put it somewhere during the day - I assume I could put it on the bed over the cab?

We have not found the 24J u shaped dinette to be comfortable to sit at to watch TV. Is there something you do to provide back support or more comfort when using the dinette or do you just use the front seats turned around with the booster seats?
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:49 AM   #205
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
Sorry if you have seen this post in other areas, but I am having a hard time finding an answer.

I like the floor plan and large slide of the 24M but am concerned about the sofa bed. I am looking at 2016 models. I laid on one and something is needed on top. If I put a 3 inch foam mattress on top, will that work? I would have to put it somewhere during the day - I assume I could put it on the bed over the cab?

We have not found the 24J u shaped dinette to be comfortable to sit at to watch TV. Is there something you do to provide back support or more comfort when using the dinette or do you just use the front seats turned around with the booster seats?
We ordered the 24V- because the twin beds are comfortable-and because they stay ready to use without any "getting ready"

We found the Sofa/Bed to be uncomfortable for TV Viewing-and-too much trouble to use as a bed. SO- we put in 2 Recliners where the Sofa was-the table still fits fine, and ,the 2 Recliners are very comfortable-ps-there is a console in between that holds all our phones, laptops etc with room for chargers, it was easy to put an extension chord in there.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #206
Winnebago Owner

With our 24J we put a pillow behind our back when watching TV or reclining on the U shaped dinette. Quite comfortable especially with the foot rest extended.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #207
Winnebago Camper

smiller

Quote:
We have not found the 24J u shaped dinette to be comfortable to sit at to watch TV.
TVs are pretty inexpensive these days, why not just add a TV in the back so you can watch from the bed? Very comfortable. A 28" flatscreen fits in the available space and at that distance it's like watching a big screen TV.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:12 AM   #208
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

Well...here's "my" bottom line answer regarding the 24m sofa sleeper...after 10 months of issues and pain, and now a brand new replacement (exact same model/design) I would tell u to stay as far away from the "M" as u can...unless of course u r OK with having to add an inflatable on top of it 'cause a foam topper will only follow the contour of the bed...issues and all. (We've been thru 2 different foam toppers already). The inflatable works great, just a bit more work setting it up. Would I do it again? (Get an "M") absolutely...the floor layout is the best for "us" with 2 adults and two dogs.
BTW, if you check back in the Navion/View area somewhere, I posted photos of the issues I was having a while back.

22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #209
Winnebago Camper

mattress choices

We started out 3 years ago with a Fleetwood jamboree sport that also had an inflatable mattress...... almost like a water bed with all the movement. two coaches later we now have a view 24 V and we are quite pleased with the firmness and comfort of the covered foam twins that WB put in this unit. The ultra soft sofa is superior to anything I can recall.......
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:00 AM   #210
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
We too love Lichtsinn. But we found ourselves in Iowa with another problem and they were booked for month. We found a dealer down the road in Boone, Iowa with a great service guy. He was able to diagnose and fix a "rattle noise" problem even Lichtsinn could not find. If you heard a rattle behind the driver, try oiling the tracks at the bottom of the slideout. After thousand of annoying miles with this noise driving without it is a pure pleasure.
I have that noise as well. I just wanna make sure we're talking about the same noise...Is it a sound similar to a loose (small) piece of wood banging around directly behind the driver as we drive? If so, how would oiling the slideout track stop that? It truly just sounds like something behind a wall is loose and banging around a bit...can you elaborate a bit for me?
22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:00 AM   #211
Winnebago Camper

I'm buying the view v too I'll use beds like they are, but heArd adding 2" foam made them even better !!
Our only possible negative is limited counter space - planning on using the table as additional work space
Poodle express
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #212
Winnebago Camper

View 24M new guy

Hello all,

Just purchased my 2015 View 24M, so I will be following posts on this thread. This is my first motor home. I owned a TT previously but always wanted the convenience of a small RV to just pick up and go. I look forward to conversing with everyone.
rwcourr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #213
Winnebago Camper

2014 View water tank issue

Hello all just wanted to post a quick note about our new (to us) View.
We picked up a used 2014 View this summer we spent several weeks driving around the country putting about 7500 miles on the coach. It was a pleasure to drive and performed well except for one mishap.

We purposely only filled the water tank to about 1/3, so we could wash hands / flush toilets etc. while driving and not lug around a lot of excess weight. We pulled into a rest stop off I90 and while walking towards the back of the coach something didn't look right so I crawled under the back to find that the water tank was essentially hanging out the bottom of the coach. The cover was the only thing that was keeping it from falling out on the ground.

The dealer confirmed that the tank was not installed properly at the factory. The constant bumps on that section of I90 allowed it to bend the frame and push the cover on the bottom right out of the mount.

Next time your in for service I would have your mechanic double check that the proper hardware was used on the water tank.

Steve
Stevec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #214
DMA
Winnebago Camper

5000 Mile Report

We purchased a Navion 15.5 J 10 months ago. We just completed a 2300 mile "Color Tour" from east TN north to WI, across the UP of MI with stops along the way and home.

Computer after 5000 miles states 16.2 mpg. I have seen as high as almost 18 mpg with a strong tail wind.

I have a list of small items that need to be addressed under warranty, but none that I would take to a dealer and lose the use of the MH for months.

The main item was turning of the drivers seat and severing the wires triggering the seatbelt and air bag icon. I repaired that myself.
I also have the continued annoyance of getting the emergency brake light to go off and brake to release. These are Sprinter items.

Favorite useful purchase for cooler weather.
This small heater. Quiet, cools down immediately, no thermostat so no annoying cycling.
Crane EE-6490 Space Heater 600/1200 Watt

We put some additional foam on the rear bed. My wife likes that.
I convert the dinette each night, not a big deal because we use the prepped bed for lounging and watching TV for awhile before retiring. I got the rear TV an it is up and running for her, She loves having her own for use while in bed.

With so much negative press out there on units, after a short period we are very satisfied with our purchase choice and performance to date.
Getting ready for a winter trip, FL and AZ January and February of 2016.
In the interim I'm getting ready for my first DIY winterization experience.

No intentions of towing. Rentals for us for longer stays.
Otherwise we pack it up and drive for day trips.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #215
Winnebago Owner

Anyone have trouble with the water pump controller?

One place does not display pump on when depressed.
fuse to pump is good.
pump test good.
pressure switch works.

None of the switches will turn on the pump. I shorted ground to switch connection - pump came on until it reaches pressure, then shuts off as it should. However the one place panel displays on until pump stop. It does not display pump on after pump stops. Ran water until water was a drip, the pump never came back on. None of the switches will turn on the pump.

I suspect one of 3 possibilities:
1. a bad switch - one may be stuck grounding the controller.
2. bad ground
3. bad water pump controller
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #216
Winnebago Owner

Protect your expensive toy.

Try this web site you can buy exactly what you are looking for, custom cut to fit your vehicle. You can also buy in bulk 18 or 24 inch wide any length that you want. It is easy to install yourself. We used it on our Nest Egg tear drop (fiberglass, now our extra bed room), to protect the front from rock damage while crossing the Top of The World Highway. It is still on the trailer, wash it clean, it is almost completely invisible.

Link :
Invisible Mask - Clear Bra Automotive Paint Protection, 3M Scotchgard, Carbon Fiber 3M Films

I would recommend anyone traveling the ALCAN add it to to the front of your RV, even just a bulk sheet will shave the paint job.

I am planning to install it on that area just behind the passenger/drivers door on the corners. I am also going to install it on the hood. These are areas that I have noticed with rock damage.

3M also makes a spray on invisible shield, I don't think it would add much rock protection but would help with the bug strikes. It isn't expensive, you can wash it and when you are back down South peal it off with any bug residue.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #217
Winnebago Camper

2014 NavionJ

I am hoping someone can help me out there in Navion land. I just purchased a used NavionJ (7,000 miles). I had trouble with the DEF system driving from Texas to California. After a lot of stress and two Mercedes places I'm hoping they fixed my problem with the newest computer software. Have other folks had problems with their DEF systems?

Can anyone tell me were the inverter is in the NavionJ. I know where the control panel is, but I can find the rest of it. I read the manual and it says it's in an outside compartment. Where?

Also, there a small circular cap on the front bumper. What's that for? I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Does anyone know if its okay to used an electrical adaptor on the 30 amp extension cord so you can plug in to the house? There were warnings in the manual, and I don't know if it applies to this. I'm also wondering if it would be a problem if I ran my air-conditioner if I were plugged in this way.

Thanks for your help.
dlarsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:30 AM   #218
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarsell View Post
I am hoping someone can help me out there in Navion land. I just purchased a used NavionJ (7,000 miles). I had trouble with the DEF system driving from Texas to California. After a lot of stress and two Mercedes places I'm hoping they fixed my problem with the newest computer software. Have other folks had problems with their DEF systems?

Can anyone tell me were the inverter is in the NavionJ. I know where the control panel is, but I can find the rest of it. I read the manual and it says it's in an outside compartment. Where?

Also, there a small circular cap on the front bumper. What's that for? I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Does anyone know if its okay to used an electrical adaptor on the 30 amp extension cord so you can plug in to the house? There were warnings in the manual, and I don't know if it applies to this. I'm also wondering if it would be a problem if I ran my air-conditioner if I were plugged in this way.

Thanks for your help.
-You are on the only track to resolve the DEF issue-Mercedes can do it under warranty (I am assuming yours is under 3 yrs of age)
-"plug into your 15amp receptacle" that's fine for lights, inverter, converter-everything EXCEPT Air Con, Water Heater(on electric mode), or Microwave-all these draw too many amps.
-Inverter is inside the Passenger Side front Bay (the big one) it is attached in the middle of the bay , up high, It is important to know it has a circuit breaker that is on the front of it , & the breaker sometimes needs to be reset(when the inverter plugs (4 of them) go dead.
-The Round Plug on the Bumper- is just part of the bumper, they all have them , you don't take them off and do something there- technical term is "escutcheon" kind of like a blank electrical cover plate in your house.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:15 AM   #219
Winnebago Owner

Deny did an excellent job answering your questions. I would only add a bit: many owners have found that it is best to refill the DEF frequently rather than wait for the warning light to come on. Once the light comes on it can be difficult, even after a refill, to get it off. Regarding running off a home outlet, Deny is right there, too, but if you have a 20 A circuit and nothing else is running on it, you can probably run the A/C in the motorhome.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #220
Winnebago Owner

I'll add this about the "plug" on the front bumper. It's an access point for a tow hook. When the cover is removed you can screw in the tow hook that should be with the jack and tools in the compartment under the passenger side floor.