Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 07:57 AM   #421
Winnebago Camper

Bluetooth and wheel controls work fine. Controls are not as extensive (numerous) tho as in cars we have. :-) Dave
DaveBeadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:22 AM   #422
Winnebago Camper

Our 16 did not have AGM batteries. I have replaced. As for DEF; I top off tank very time home. Have only once in two View/Navions felt I needed to top off while on a trip, total miles traveled 26k. Def is available everywhere, use your precious storage space for other things. Dave ;-)
Old 07-21-2016, 08:23 AM   #423
Winnebago Camper

One more item on batteries; I read that W now offers the 6 volt as an option. Good choice! I will go to 6v next set of batteries. :-)
Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #424
Winnebago Owner

Locks on passenger side stopped working yesterday, Ak Holiday has ordered the kit, wiring harness and relays. 8700 miles constant use just quit working. It is a known problem but does not affect all units that's the reason for no recall.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #425
Winnebago Camper

What is a speed sensor problem? What is it and what happens when it goes out.
We've had the NOC sensors replaced. We are currently having the door lock out problem harness, fuses and Sam Module replaced. Want to know what to possibly expect down the road. Current mileage, 9300 miles. We are hoping to take our first trip next week without having to go into a service repair.
dlarsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #426
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Locks on passenger side stopped working yesterday, Ak Holiday has ordered the kit, wiring harness and relays. 8700 miles constant use just quit working. It is a known problem but does not affect all units that's the reason for no recall.
Had the kit installed on our Navion when passenger side locks stopped working after about 5000 miles
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #427
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarsell View Post
We've had the NOC sensors replaced. We are currently having the door lock out problem harness, fuses and Sam Module replaced. Want to know what to possibly expect down the road. Current mileage, 9300 miles. We are hoping to take our first trip next week without having to go into a service repair.
both our rear speed sensors blew at different times . When one goes you lose ABS , Traction control , and Cruse control . All three warning lights will come on. When the second one went the engine started to accelerate before it blew.
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #428
Winnebago Camper

Equalizer Auto-Level Installed

Just got back from Elkhart. Went there to talk to Equalizer Systems about
a stabilizer system on our new 24G.
Was thinking their Stabi-Lite system but after having the factory look over the coach they stated they couldn't install that system as the LP tank sits right in the spot the one stabilizer is mounted.
They did feel they could install there 4 point Auto-Leveling system.
As our unit is the 1st Winnebago/Mercedes unit to get this unit we were their guinea pigs but they took their time and installed it in a very professional and neat way.
As a business owner that has worked in field service for 40+ years I am very inpressed with the professional attitude and workmanship of the system and installation. The system works great and is simple in operation.
If anyone is interested in a stabilizer or leveler system for this type of unit I highly recommend contacting Equalizer Systems and Ask for Nick Godfey in Sales.
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #429
Winnebago Camper

I don't know why Winnebago doesn't install stabilizers on Sprinters at the factory. Other less reliable companies do- why doesn't Winnebago?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:24 AM   #430
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarsell View Post
You probably are not at risk, at 9300 miles.

The rear wheel sensors can (and do) go bad. When a wheel sensor goes bad...several lights come on....the brake light, the slippery road light (traction control)& the anti-lock brake light will illuminate. All these safety options depend on the wheel sensors for operation.

Also, the Cruise control does not function.

Not a big deal. You can drive as far as you want with these inoperative. You just don't have the functionality of the options.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #431
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2009 Winnebago View which is on a Sprinter 3500 cutaway. I have a small crack on my windshield and wanted Safelite to replace it. They have Sprinter 170 and 144 listed on their website.

Are the windshields the same ?
agc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #432
DMA
Winnebago Camper

According to my insurance company, Progresssive, they are the same, about $650.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #433
Winnebago Camper

Rear Slide Crooked

Just started on our 1st trip towing our Chevy Spark. Up till then haven't spent alot of time looking at the rear of the coach from a distance.
While waiting for the DW in the toad I noticed the rear bedroom slide appeared to be lower on the passenger side
I got out and measured and sure enough it is a good 3/4" lower on the right bottom and higher on the left top which should be the case if the slide is squarely built.
It is so low it has rubbed the paint and is actually cutting into the rub piece on the bottom.
I immediately made an appointment and took it to the dealer yesterday.
After having it all day they aid they wold have to order the bottom rail and would notify when it is in stock to set up a time to replace it.
I immediately noticed that they hadn't even attempted to adjust the rollers as the slide was exactly as it was before but when asked the service adviser just glossed over the situation.
After more thought last night I called service today and stated that I will want the slide's paint/decal design redone after the fix as the design won't match due to the original misalignment.
We'll see how that turns out
Mark
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #434
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by agc23 View Post
I have a 2009 Winnebago View which is on a Sprinter 3500 cutaway. I have a small crack on my windshield and wanted Safelite to replace it. They have Sprinter 170 and 144 listed on their website.

Are the windshields the same ?
Worlds cheapest quality glass. Internet if full of complaints about distortions, etc, in Safelite glass. They are popular because they spend lots of money on advertising.

Get a local shop to install a top of the line glass such as Pilkington.

Charles
Old 07-31-2016, 09:35 PM   #435
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Unfortunately we can't replace the sofa with a recliner cause we need to be able to sleep on it. I couldn't find the Facebook page for View/Navion owners. Do you have the link.

I'll also send you my email
Biggest and best (and most difficult to navigate) forum for the View/Navion is on Yahoo. Lots of pics of mods.

The Jackknife couch is one that has several different pic albums of mods. Remove the cushions (four nuts for the back, four for the back) and cut and fit and finish and reinforce..... installing some good furniture quality 3/4 plywood and some latex futon cushions. Makes for a flat bed when pulled out.

Charles
Old 07-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #436
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I just got a new to me 2009 Winnebago View 24H and wanted to know when the house ibatteries are being charged? Are batteries being charged when the engine is running? Are batteries being charged when the unit is plugged into 30amp power. Do I need to leave the house battery switch (next to steps) in the "On" position for them to gt charged.

Thanks in advance
The relay/solenoid that is the boost/charge relay for the house batteries is prone to failure, the common mode being that it works fine, clicks and all, but doesn't pass current, contacts inside burned out. They are a high failure item and many view owners carry a spare. My 10 year old 18K mile view had one that this was the case, clicking but not charging from the engine. Replaced with a higher quality Cole-Hersee 24213. Only needs a ground wire added from one of the small terminals to a mounting screw is only difference.

Start engine and open the house batteries up. Take a voltmeter and measure voltage. Should be about 14.1 volts. If it is around 12, the batteries are not being charged and most likely the relay has gone bad.

Charles
Old 08-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #437
Winnebago Camper

Hose/cord mod

One of my first mods, this panel is hinged from the factory, it is covering the black tank. I've added a gas piston (left) and a stop on the right plus the two hangers. Then I reworked the cord and hose. The small hasp (upper left) does not show when the door is closed. Also door can be closed with cord and hose connected.

This is on a 2016 View 24J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	134825  
Slydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #438
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnff View Post
Walmart also carries a gallon container of DEF . I carry that because when my DEF light came on the 1st time on my 2014 Navion I had to look in the book to see what to do . I bought the 2 1/2 gallon box and found out the hard way it didn't take all of it and I had some spillage . hearing how corrosive it is by the gallon is easier to use . Also never take it in to Mercedes with the light on as they will top it off and charge you at least triple .

Has any Navion / View owners had speed sensor Problems . I had two blow out on me.
We took a 7,500 mile trip in March and never took the cap off the DEF tank. It took about 2 boxes to top off. On our 2015 it's a 4.7 gal tank. MB says 1720 mpg on DEF.
BPOE #2504
Bobs911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #439
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs911 View Post
We took a 7,500 mile trip in March and never took the cap off the DEF tank. It took about 2 boxes to top off. On our 2015 it's a 4.7 gal tank. MB says 1720 mpg on DEF.
Perhaps your sensor for the DEF tank is not working, seems that it let you get way below where you should have gotten a light come on.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #440
Winnebago Camper

Cool mod!
Hmnbrdlady is offline   Reply With Quote