Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #461
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnff View Post
The gray and black tanks do not show measurements until they're more then 1/2 full on our 2014. 24 J
Thanks for the feedback. I know our black tank showed either 1/4th or 1/3rd. Our fresh tank has been at 1/3rd and 2/3rd readings. The gray tank (for our 24J at least) is a different size however, at 40 gallons. I guess it's possible in two weeks of use that we didn't put 13.3 gallons into the gray tank, which is 1/3 of 40g.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #462
Winnebago Camper

I'm interested in what you find out. My lower drawer also rubs on something--the heater hose, I'm guessing.
Hmnbrdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:46 AM   #463
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmnbrdlady View Post
I'm interested in what you find out. My lower drawer also rubs on something--the heater hose, I'm guessing.
I looked into this issue while on our trip and saw no way to easily remove the drawers, by pushing in on a tab, pulling up on a tab, pulling up on the drawer, etc.

What I did notice is that the bottom edge of the back of the drawer is rough and it almost gave me a splinter trying to feel around down there. This edge could possibly tear or abrade through the heat duct it's catching on. If I were you I'd open the bottom drawer fully and with a flashlight, look at the hose to see that it's not torn.

What I plan to do as a minimum is take some 200-400 grit sandpaper and smooth the bottom edge of the drawer. That will help, if not fix the problem completely.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:36 AM   #464
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmasters View Post
Ok have new fuse and have tried to see the issue
1 it works on fan,
2 it worked on a/c
3 it worked electric heat pump

Than turned on gas heat and blown again

Shhh
I would take it to the dealer with any issue under warranty
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:49 AM   #465
Winnebago Camper

Water getting in

We left Florida ahead of the tropical storm only to meet it 2 weeks later in Montauk NY. I noticed a stream of water coming in on the floor under the rear bed of our 2014. 24 J. Only a 1/2 cup of water. I'm thinking it either came in through the outside storage compartment or under the coach. We had 50 MPH winds. I have an appointment to take it in. Has anyone experienced this
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #466
Winnebago Camper

Had not less than 4 episodes of speed sensor issues. In shop right now with the fourth.
braisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #467
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnff View Post
We left Florida ahead of the tropical storm only to meet it 2 weeks later in Montauk NY. I noticed a stream of water coming in on the floor under the rear bed of our 2014. 24 J. Only a 1/2 cup of water. I'm thinking it either came in through the outside storage compartment or under the coach. We had 50 MPH winds. I have an appointment to take it in. Has anyone experienced this
Coming in on the floor inside the coach? ...from where the bed platform meets the floor?

We were in high winds and rain at a state campground at a reservoir. We had no water intrusion into the living space. It just made for a difficult night's sleep.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #468
Winnebago Camper

Good idea! I think I'll do the same.
Hmnbrdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #469
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post

2: No heat blows to either of the two bathroom heat output vents. Thinking this might need a trip to the dealer but I thought I'd run it by the forum first.
I had a chance to look into this and for the record, here's what I found:

There are two floor level "vents" inside the 2017 24J bathroom. One is a small, round, plastic louvered vent just inside the door on the left. The other is a rectangular metal louvered vent below the shower.

I don't know what the purpose of the one under the shower is, but after looking through it with a flashlight, I can see there is no room for ducting there and there are a number of wire looms and water lines running directly behind it.

The issue with the other, round plastic vent is a design shortcoming. The vent and its connected ducting are roughly half the size of the other vents and ducting. Adding to the problem is that the small duct for this vent enters the main duct line at a right angle, about 3' from the vent.

I'll improve this setup when I get the chance but with that said, we never felt the bathroom was any cooler than the other space within the coach, just that no air was blowing from the bathroom heat vent.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #470
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
I had a chance to look into this and for the record, here's what I found:

There are two floor level "vents" inside the 2017 24J bathroom. One is a small, round, plastic louvered vent just inside the door on the left. The other is a rectangular metal louvered vent below the shower.

I don't know what the purpose of the one under the shower is, but after looking through it with a flashlight, I can see there is no room for ducting there and there are a number of wire looms and water lines running directly behind it.

The issue with the other, round plastic vent is a design shortcoming. The vent and its connected ducting are roughly half the size of the other vents and ducting. Adding to the problem is that the small duct for this vent enters the main duct line at a right angle, about 3' from the vent.

I'll improve this setup when I get the chance but with that said, we never felt the bathroom was any cooler than the other space within the coach, just that no air was blowing from the bathroom heat vent.
Your J is similar to our G. Except the furnace is on the starboard side and ours is on the portside between & under the lavatory and the wardrobe. Firedt the vent under thes shower pan.

I believe it is there for ventilation and moisture/humidity removal. Nothing serviceable under there unless you remove the pan. There's no positive air flow in or out of that metal grate.

The small round louver vent at the left of the door and at floor level is for the LP furnace. It has a smaller opening so you don't cook the lavatory. And, the smaller opening helps force hot air to the other floor level vents. The louvers may rotate. Heat only comes out that vent when the LP heater is running......

The sharp bends in the duct work are just are what tbey are.

On the ceiling there is an adjustible, rotating round louver near the door. That is for the AC / heat pump. Cold or warm air comes out of this duct ahen the AC/HP is running. Also blows if the circulation fan is on.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #471
Winnebago Owner

Ron the larger vent is for access to plumbing. The smaller vent is heat. I my View G it puts out a lot of heat. The front vent under the sink is poor but the one back is good for heat.
As far as removing the drawers. Slide them out. You will see a black tab and this stops the slide. You need to push it in or out. I can't remember but it's easy. You may have to life it. Then side the drawer off by pushing the slide in so you have room. Get a flash light and look at the slide tab.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #472
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffie Drink View Post
Ron the larger vent is for access to plumbing. The smaller vent is heat. I my View G it puts out a lot of heat. The front vent under the sink is poor but the one back is good for heat.
As far as removing the drawers. Slide them out. You will see a black tab and this stops the slide. You need to push it in or out. I can't remember but it's easy. You may have to life it. Then side the drawer off by pushing the slide in so you have room. Get a flash light and look at the slide tab.
Thanks for the replies. Interesting that you are getting good heat/flow out of the round floor-level vent in the bathroom. There's nothing "wrong" with the ducting to that vent in my J, aside from the way it's arranged. I'd say the difference in results between our coaches is due to the significant differences in the floorpans and how that plays out beneath the floor.

On the 4500 mile trip we just returned from, we spent many nights running the furnace on propane. We were very pleased with the performance of the HVAC, on both the coach side and within the Mercedes cab. That said, I'll be looking to have some minor adjustments made to the ducting for the bathroom heat vent to achieve better airflow.

Speaking of running the heater on propane reminds me that at the halfway point of our vacation our LP was reading 1/2 so we stopped to have it filled and it only took 2 gallons. If it really was halfway depleted, it should have taken roughly 5.2 gallons.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #473
Winnebago Owner

My propane gauge does the same. I expect you can go to empty to fill before you add 6 gal
Old 09-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #474
Winnebago Owner

Gas stove does not work

We have a Winnebago View Profile G. Suddenly the gas stove is not working. The small burner will light but only stays on very low while on start setting when you move to either low or high heat it goes out.

The larger burner does not light at all. We can see the spark but seems it isn't getting any gas.

This problem seems to have happened after we took the motor home in a recall for the propane line. At least it has never worked since. Whether it quick working before I cannot say as we did not test the stove before taking it in for the recall.

And suggestions?

Sam
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #475
Winnie-Wise

If you have propane in the tank the stove "should" work. There have been reported issues with the regulator going bad after the recall. You can search for the posts here or on the sprinter forum.

Does any of your other propane devices work? Fridge (on propane of course), gen if propane. At least you can figure out if it is a "stove" issue or more with the propane system.

Probably best to return to a dealer and have them check the regulator.

good luck with your fix!
Old 09-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #476
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
We have a Winnebago View Profile G. Suddenly the gas stove is not working. The small burner will light but only stays on very low while on start setting when you move to either low or high heat it goes out.

The larger burner does not light at all. We can see the spark but seems it isn't getting any gas.

This problem seems to have happened after we took the motor home in a recall for the propane line. At least it has never worked since. Whether it quick working before I cannot say as we did not test the stove before taking it in for the recall.

And suggestions?

Sam

Sam,

If this started after the recall, have you checked the switches that turn propane on and off? One is by the propane fill and one switch is at the place where the tank readings, generator start/stop, etc. are located. They both have to be on.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:07 PM   #477
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

And suggestions?

Sam
The regulator is duff. Likely contaminated with oil from the LP tank.....

Does the fridge work? Does the LP generator work?????

Light the range. Start the generator. If the range snuffs out....its the regulator. Or, if the gen y does not start or keep running....its the regulator.

Common issue after doing the hose recall.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:24 AM   #478
Winnebago Owner

The refrigerator (gas) was not working. So, we decided to try generator. It worked fine. Then the refrigerator was suddenly working fine. But the stove still does not work.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #479
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
The refrigerator (gas) was not working. So, we decided to try generator. It worked fine. Then the refrigerator was suddenly working fine. But the stove still does not work.
Ok.... sounds like good news for the most part. Keep using the genny/fridge/WH. You could have air in the line to the range and it needs to be purged. It may take a few tries with some delays between to get the line full of LP vapor.

The range is a very small consumer so it might take awhile to clear it. Using the other consumers will help.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #480
Winnebago Owner

Thanks. Tried your recommendations and stove now works.