Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #261
Winnebago Owner

p.s. Awning should have been gray but I think dealer was out of stock on gray.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #262
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Slight chance, just because of dissemble & reassemble ( resetting connections). Maybe, you should just do that -without filter- to be sure your plumbing parts are not defective. That year warranty will be gone before you know it. PS....nobody will be as careful as you doing that job...it's important to not have leaks under there.

Getting a little crowded under there now. Stole Doug Kleven's idea for a coffee station under the sink, but the V is a little tighter than his J. I used two single shelf slide out units from Lowe's and welded supports on the glides to get the right height and stacked storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Slight chance, just because of dissemble & reassemble ( resetting connections). Maybe, you should just do that -without filter- to be sure your plumbing parts are not defective. That year warranty will be gone before you know it. PS....nobody will be as careful as you doing that job...it's important to not have leaks under there.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #263
Winnebago Owner

So about that split/adjustable bed in the 24J...do most of you pretend it has a solid head and just use a regular sheet on it?

Or have some of you clever folks figured out how to make one so that you don't lose the function of adjustable head?
Old 05-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #264
Winnebago Camper

sheet sets 24v

ok who has the list of sites that sell the sheets for this flex bed, I once saw a site I think that ever had sheets for the middle two bed pieces

Picking it up Wed, would love to soon be off for a test sleep

thanks
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #265
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
So about that split/adjustable bed in the 24J...do most of you pretend it has a solid head and just use a regular sheet on it?

Or have some of you clever folks figured out how to make one so that you don't lose the function of adjustable head?
We have found that we can use the bed with slight variations in height between the two sides. For sheets we bought them from AB Lifestyles, located at AB Lifestyles USA Made Bedding for Home and RV. They make sheets and mattress pads cut specifically for the curved mattress in the J model.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #266
Winnebago Owner

Thank you! Indeed, they have them!
Old 05-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #267
DMA
Winnebago Camper

We use a conventional sheet
over thee inches of memory foam. We also really like our Travasaks which go over the memory foam. Beige in color.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #268
Winnebago Owner

Another question. Regarding the Dometic Midi Heki Skylight that was installed as a factory option...obviously there is no fan. Do any of you know if there is the option for a fan version. I do not see one at the Dometic site. We have been big fans of the Fantastic Fans since our first RV, a TT!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #269
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA View Post
We use a conventional sheet
over thee inches of memory foam. We also really like our Travasaks which go over the memory foam. Beige in color.
Do you have the 3" memory foam over the stock mattress cushion? We're thinking of doing it this way with our Navion but thinking 3" might be too much, maybe 2 1/2 or 2 inch.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #270
Winnebago Owner

We actually ordered the skylight rather than the fan. Big mistake! Skylight has popped open twice while driving - must stop to close. We never use it - it just lets in too much sun. Usually, we have reflecting insulation in it. Really wish we had ordered the fan option.

For another issue, we ordered a generator. But we only run it 30 minutes a month for the warranty. Do we really need a generator? Would we be better off using that space for more storage?
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:06 AM   #271
Winnebago Camper

2016 View with skylight

We just love the skylight, because it brightens up the unit while you can leave the window shades closed for privacy.... Also there are two shades with the skyline. A light mesh that blocks some if not most of the light and acts as a bug screen when the skylight is open. The other built in shade totally blocks all sunlight. If the skylight does open by error, it opens from the rear with no danger of coming off. The exhaust fan in the ceiling by the bathroom works well with very little noise....just another observation....
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:11 AM   #272
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
We actually ordered the skylight rather than the fan. Big mistake! Skylight has popped open twice while driving - must stop to close. We never use it - it just lets in too much sun. Usually, we have reflecting insulation in it. Really wish we had ordered the fan option.

For another issue, we ordered a generator. But we only run it 30 minutes a month for the warranty. Do we really need a generator? Would we be better off using that space for more storage?
I agree, concerning the skylight...my best girl liked it, and, because we were going to resell in 2 years , I agreed. It was a good decision...the rig sold relatively easily after 23 months.

The generator is pretty much a necessity for, resale purposes. And, what is harder to do is pay the extra $3K for the diesel option on the gen. But, that pays off in the resale market, as well.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #273
Winnebago Owner

We opted out of the opening skylight, due to concerns of the unit heating up on hot, sunny days. We had the dealer remove the bathroom fan and replace it with a wireless Fantastic Vent. Both the front and rear fans are covered with Maxx Air's so they can continue to run even if it's raining. We like having a generator, if for no other reason than to keep the dog comfortable while we're at rest stops in the middle of the day. Propane is fine and a lot less smelly than a diesel generator.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #274
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahenry View Post
The exhaust fan in the ceiling by the bathroom works well with very little noise....just another observation....
Personally, I like the electric exhaust fan in the bathroom for noise cancelling feature, if you know what I mean!
Old 05-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #275
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
We opted out of the opening skylight, due to concerns of the unit heating up on hot, sunny days. We had the dealer remove the bathroom fan and replace it with a wireless Fantastic Vent. Both the front and rear fans are covered with Maxx Air's so they can continue to run even if it's raining. We like having a generator, if for no other reason than to keep the dog comfortable while we're at rest stops in the middle of the day. Propane is fine and a lot less smelly than a diesel generator.
Diesel generator is more desirable for dry camping and brings big time resell value!
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #276
Winnebago Camper

Just purchased a 2016 View24j and I have a question about the water pump.
Our pump pulses on and off during operation, is this normal? On our other RV the pump only comes on and off with the water being turned on.
Slydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:56 AM   #277
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydog View Post
Our pump pulses on and off during operation, is this normal? On our other RV the pump only comes on and off with the water being turned on.
We had a 2014 View. And, YES, our water pump cycled (without water usage).

It did not cycle often, I always thought the culprit was the outside shower, (hard to completely shut down) or the toilet.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #278
Winnebago Camper

great info here
SeniorRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #279
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydog View Post
We have a new 2016 View 24V, our water pump only cycles when we're using water. I did fix 2 areas where the hoses were kinked from the factory, one was on the suction side of the pump, the other was at the kitchen faucet. You may to look for any other plumbing issues that may be causing the problem as the attention to detail at the factory with the plumbing in my rig was not good.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #280
Winnebago Camper

What kind of dingy are any of you towing and have you had any issues? I am thinking about a Jeep Wrangler, Road Master tow bar and Road Master invisibrake system.
SeniorRover is offline   Reply With Quote