Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #241
Winnie-Wise

this looks like the closest to what I have

Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea

I have a wired display in the bay instead of the one shown now with the display right on the box. I also paid around the same price. Lifetime warranty included.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:22 AM   #242
Winnebago Owner

Unhappy

What is so disappointing from a great company like Winnebago is that you pay $100K for their product and they cheap out by not installing good electrical protection and for a mere $10 they could protect your water pipes from damage due to high water pressure.

But as several have noted, RV dealers make more on repairs than on their sales.
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:36 AM   #243
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
What is so disappointing from a great company like Winnebago is that you pay $100K for their product and they cheap out by not installing good electrical protection and for a mere $10 they could protect your water pipes from damage due to high water pressure.

But as several have noted, RV dealers make more on repairs than on their sales.
It's no different when you pay 3 or 4 times that much to Winnebago or other manufacturers. Our diesel pusher had no electrical protection, no high water pressure protection, etc.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 PM   #244
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA View Post
One issue. Propane company over filled us and injected the regulator with oil....$175 a new regulator dumped some propane and three hours later we were back on the road.
DMA. I'm concerned how they managed that. New tanks have OPD and it shouldn't be possible to overfill, even if they don't crack the bleed. If you consistently get liquid from the bleed vent before your tank automatically stops flow, you may have a bad tank or a stuck valve in the tank.

Check this out. The Innards of your RV Propane Tank | Roadtreking

That being said, the regulator on my 2016 Navion had to be replaced under warranty because it was leaking. Have filled my tank about 6 times now from 6 different dispensers. It takes propane slowly, and always shuts off automatically before liquid comes out the bleed valve.
BPOE #2504
Bobs911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #245
Winnebago Camper

Likely Buying A View Soon

Have read the entire thread and hope to hear more from View owners. I have not owned an RV before so I only know what I have read and I have read a lot but just recently decided on the View.

Any advice on the PDI or issues with the View. Most seem happy here, not so much on the yahoo group. Do not mean to say all are unhappy but much more complaints there. The View seems the right size and equipped unit for me.
Looking4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:01 AM   #246
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4rv View Post
Have read the entire thread and hope to hear more from View owners. I have not owned an RV before so I only know what I have read and I have read a lot but just recently decided on the View.

Any advice on the PDI or issues with the View. Most seem happy here, not so much on the yahoo group. Do not mean to say all are unhappy but much more complaints there. The View seems the right size and equipped unit for me.
The Yahoo site is used by many of us for troubleshooting and repair tips. Therefore many of the postings are about problems and how to solve them, but they are not necessarily representative of the normal experience.

We are on our second View. They are by far our favorite motorhome, including diesel pusher, Class A and Class C units in the past. Although Winnebago quality is "relatively high" they are not without their problems. Therefore it's very important to buy from a dealer with a good reputation for service, not simply the best price. We bought ours from Lichtsinn in Forest City, IA, just 1 mile from the Winnebago factory. They have been super to deal with and help us through a few issues.

The tech did the PDI and walk through and as I requested, directed most of it to my wife who wanted to learn more about the unit. He took over 2 1/2 hours. Then we camped at the dealership and he and the salesman both came out to answer more questions the next day. Lichtsinn is known for doing a great job with the PDI and their service has been workmanlike and thorough. A great dealership worth the trip.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #247
Winnebago Camper

What makes the View better than the other Class C's of similar size? Is the chassis that much better than the Ford? We currently own the 25B Minnie and are intrigued with the View's profile. What other advantages are there? It appears to be about 12 inches narrower than the 25B. Would we miss thar extra space?
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #248
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-12Mike View Post
What makes the View better than the other Class C's of similar size? Is the chassis that much better than the Ford? We currently own the 25B Minnie and are intrigued with the View's profile. What other advantages are there? It appears to be about 12 inches narrower than the 25B. Would we miss thar extra space?
Mike and Linda,

These are just my personal opinions regarding why the View is better than motorhomes built on the Ford F450 (or F350) chassis, given that I have owned both. The View is considerably more comfortable to drive. It handles better with a better suspension and better noise deadening. Also, at highway speed the View might be turning 3,000 rpm while the Ford V10 will make considerably more noise turning over 4,000 rpm.

If you already have a Ford based Class C then you should get a test drive of a View (or Nation) and you'll be able to make the decision for yourself.

For service on a Ford you'll probably need to find a Ford truck dealer. Car dealers may not be able to handle the larger chassis of a Class C. For service on the View chassis you'll need to find a MB Sprinter dealer. Not all MB dealerships can handle service on the Sprinter chassis. There aren't many so you should check locally. Some dealers, such as Lichtsinn, will do ordinary maintenance such as an oil change, but my local dealer here in Michigan, General RV, wouldn't touch the MB chassis.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #249
Winnebago Camper

You also might mention that the View/Navion get 16 miles per gallon and can tow a car if necessary. They have so much torque, we pass almost EVERYONE going up the mountain masses, just set the cruise control and enjoy the ride up! These vehicles can park in an RV spot, even the tight State Parks. They are easy to set up and tear down - about 10 minutes and you're off!
Cruizer Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #250
Winnebago Camper

Buying A View This Week

Any thoughts on the following would be appreciated. Especially experienced specifics.

I can get the new upgrade JBL speakers but pricey for just speakers. Has anyone done an aftermarket with good reasonably priced speakers. I am not sure how the standard sounds and they may be just fine.

Can I safely carry a spare propane bottle. Mostly for back up boondocking or hot a/c weather?

Anyone have experience with the collision avoidance systems. I know many cars have them now and Winnebago is installing them on new models as an option.

Thank You
Looking4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #251
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer Bill View Post
You also might mention that the View/Navion get 16 miles per gallon and can tow a car if necessary. They have so much torque, we pass almost EVERYONE going up the mountain masses, just set the cruise control and enjoy the ride up! These vehicles can park in an RV spot, even the tight State Parks. They are easy to set up and tear down - about 10 minutes and you're off!
Great point! We towed a Honda CR-V to Alaska and averaged 13.9 mpg for the entire trip. That is twice the gas mileage we got on our Ford F450 Class C. When we weren't towing (Top of the World Highway) the View got 15.9 mpg.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #252
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by newviewguy View Post
I too have found the yahoo group difficult to follow. How about using this link JUST for View/Navion folks?? Let's give it a try.

Wayne from MA - 2011 MBJ
That Sir, is an under statement!!!!!!!!
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #253
Winnebago Owner

Window Awning

Just purchased our 24J, 2016 model year. Has anyone put a window awning over the window at dinette...on the slide?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #254
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
Just purchased our 24J, 2016 model year. Has anyone put a window awning over the window at dinette...on the slide?

Thanks!
Yes, we got one and had the dealer (Lichtsinn) install. The dealer even complimented us on thinking of it. It is very helpful on hot, sunny days, and provides a good bit of privacy, too. We're definitely pleased.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:11 PM   #255
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
Yes, we got one and had the dealer (Lichtsinn) install. The dealer even complimented us on thinking of it. It is very helpful on hot, sunny days, and provides a good bit of privacy, too. We're definitely pleased.
What length did you go with?
Old 05-14-2016, 04:15 PM   #256
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
What length did you go with?
The motorhome is in the storage lot so I can't measure right now. However, if I remember correctly it is about 5" wider than the window on each end. That keeps the support arms from blocking the window view when the awning is up.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #257
Winnebago Camper

3M Under Sink Cold Water Filter Drips

Howdy All,
We picked up our 2016 View 24V in January, and it is finally warm enough to dewinterize and check the plumbing out. I still have the water filter bypass plug in place, and noticed that there is intermittently a small puddle of water under the filter bracket after I run some water. It's not coming from any connections, rather it seems to be coming from that little white vent? Tube on the inlet side of the filter bracket. Does anyone know if this will stop when I put the actual filter in? If not I'm going to rip that filter out and just bypass it.

Thanks!!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:44 AM   #258
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Howdy All,
We picked up our 2016 View 24V in January, and it is finally warm enough to dewinterize and check the plumbing out. I still have the water filter bypass plug in place, and noticed that there is intermittently a small puddle of water under the filter bracket after I run some water. It's not coming from any connections, rather it seems to be coming from that little white vent? Tube on the inlet side of the filter bracket. Does anyone know if this will stop when I put the actual filter in? If not I'm going to rip that filter out and just bypass it.

Thanks!!
Slight chance, just because of dissemble & reassemble ( resetting connections). Maybe, you should just do that -without filter- to be sure your plumbing parts are not defective. That year warranty will be gone before you know it. PS....nobody will be as careful as you doing that job...it's important to not have leaks under there.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #259
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
Please send a picture! How does it deploy when slide goes out?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #260
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
Please send a picture! How does it deploy when slide goes out?
It's deployed manually. You pull down on a tab attached to the awning and hook it under a retainer attached to the slide. Hopefully a couple of pictures are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1359.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	127094   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1360.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	127095