Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View/Navion talk/questions

I too have found the yahoo group difficult to follow. How about using this link JUST for View/Navion folks?? Let's give it a try.

Wayne from MA - 2011 MBJ
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by newviewguy View Post
I too have found the yahoo group difficult to follow. How about using this link JUST for View/Navion folks?? Let's give it a try.

Wayne from MA - 2011 MBJ
I agree 100% about Yahoo groups. We ordered a 2013 24g (pick it up end of March) and I have got a little info off there but not much.

Yahoo is way to hard to follow....

Would be nice to have something on here with a NORMAL format......

LeeB 2013 24g (soon)
Old 01-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Lee,

You must be excited about the new View. Did I hear that they moved the DEF tank up under the hood??
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Lee,

You must be excited about the new View. Did I hear that they moved the DEF tank up under the hood??
This is my first experience with DEF, I had a 38ft 2001 Endeavor pusher. However I did ask my salesperson and she did say it was under the hood. The whole DEF is new to me..

I am currently trying to find our details on our new purchase, such as what kind of battery charger it has installed? Will it be a 4 stage and will it charge the engine battery and will it come with AGM chassis batteries? I am also trying to find out information on tire air valve extensions.

Also trying to find out how I can ship some of our camping "Stuff" to Iowa from California with out it costing me a arm and leg.

Oh so many questions?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The filler is under the hood near the grill but tank itself is further back on my 2012 m model.
Jay Million is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I also agree with the other web site difficulty and your view of the troops as I trained troops headed for Vietnam. 2012 view m 17k and can't wait to double that.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Million View Post
The filler is under the hood near the grill but tank itself is further back on my 2012 m model.
I happen to be at a Pilot yesterday and saw a box of DEF. Looked like it may have been a couple gallons. I am assuming that is what I will be buying!

I understand how it works but have no clue on how often it will need to be re-filled or even how to tell when it does need refilling.

LeeB
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

With 17k I believe I have filled mine 4 times now. The boxes are 2 1/2 gallons and sell for around 13.00 or some truck stops supply it in bulk like filling with diesel for around 3 dallars a gallon. you will get a message on your dash telling you when you need it and about 10 starts after that if you don't the computer won't let you start it anymore. It scared me the first time as I was not near a big city and probably went 150 miles before getting at truck stop. I now carrya box at all times just in case. I have been adding nearly a box every 4 to 5k. With the box it is not as messy and not suppose to get it on anything as very corrosive. Last time i went 4 to 5 hundred miles after first warning as its not and emergency. After just a few miles you will forget you are even driving and rv and will be like driving your toad. If it was up to me I would own only this view and always have a bathroom and coffee pot with me even at the grocery store. You will love it.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks a Million (OK that IS a play on words) ha ha...
Now at least I know what to expect.
We are looking so forward to picking up our new toy and enjoying it, heck we may even hook up one day. we LOVE Oregon and the coast is one of a favorites..

Thanks again LeeB
Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I'd love to have the 12/13 view with DEF up front. That stuff is nasty!! Double warning on cohesiveness...was everything with water when done..don't let it get near metal. I use a hand pump from carparts store to fill mine up with long hose...works very well...would love to pick up more storage in that cabinet. We went from Mass. to Nova Scotia and back without filling tank..I tend to top it off a lot during the summer.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thanks I'll keep in mind...
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks LeeB, I recently sold my 42 acre farm behind hill at Winchester Bay, I had extra rv hookups for visitors. Now live near a large mall where my wife seems to live most of the time. Was very happy to share def info as when I took delivery on my coach I asked about the def and was told I would not have to worry until 100k miles. I lost alot of sleep that night and everywhere I inquired for along time didnt carry it. I have no hookups yet in Portland but plenty of room in town on 3/4 acre. Stop by
Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Million View Post
Thanks LeeB, I recently sold my 42 acre farm behind hill at Winchester Bay, I had extra rv hookups for visitors. Now live near a large mall where my wife seems to live most of the time. Was very happy to share def info as when I took delivery on my coach I asked about the def and was told I would not have to worry until 100k miles. I lost alot of sleep that night and everywhere I inquired for along time didnt carry it. I have no hookups yet in Portland but plenty of room in town on 3/4 acre. Stop by
Amazing how much Dealers DO NOT know about their own product. Normally we don't venture to far from home. But we do travel and plan on doing more. I will for sure make room to carry the 2 1/2 gallon of DEF, (just in case) when we travel far from home.

Wife has a LONG time friend who lives in Estacada (sp) and we vist with her every time we are up that way. Might just stop by and say "Hi" one of these days.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Amazing how much Dealers DO NOT know about their own product. Normally we don't venture to far from home. But we do travel and plan on doing more. I will for sure make room to carry the 2 1/2 gallon of DEF, (just in case) when we travel far from home.

Wife has a LONG time friend who lives in Estacada (sp) and we vist with her every time we are up that way. Might just stop by and say "Hi" one of these days.
I got a 2012 Navion iQ 24G last May. Just love it. When the DEF light came on the first time, I had to stop and check the manual for what to do. It allows you to start it 16 more times before it kicks you out. I just went to my local MB dealer and got it. Was simple to put in under the hood by the grill. I read somewhere you were concerned about the batteries you'll get and using a trickle charger. I don't know all the technicalities, but my house batteries don't have to be checked for level. I have to put my Navion in storage where there's no electrical hookup. All I do is disconnect the house and engine batteries when I leave. Each month I take it out and drive about 30 miles for exercise and also run the generator under load. Have had no problem doing it this way and batteries are not discharged after a month. In fact, they're at the same level as they were a month earlier. No need for a trickle charger.

I suspect you're excited about getting your rig. Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine.
Sandi
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
I got a 2012 Navion iQ 24G last May. Just love it. When the DEF light came on the first time, I had to stop and check the manual for what to do. It allows you to start it 16 more times before it kicks you out. I just went to my local MB dealer and got it. Was simple to put in under the hood by the grill. I read somewhere you were concerned about the batteries you'll get and using a trickle charger. I don't know all the technicalities, but my house batteries don't have to be checked for level. I have to put my Navion in storage where there's no electrical hookup. All I do is disconnect the house and engine batteries when I leave. Each month I take it out and drive about 30 miles for exercise and also run the generator under load. Have had no problem doing it this way and batteries are not discharged after a month. In fact, they're at the same level as they were a month earlier. No need for a trickle charger.

I suspect you're excited about getting your rig. Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine.
Sandi
Thanks do much Sandi.....
I live in Modesto and the MB dealer does not service the Sprinter (yet) i see your in Dublin can I ask where you go to get your unit serviced?

Thanks again LeeB...... Our should be ready in late March
Old 01-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post

Thanks do much Sandi.....
I live in Modesto and the MB dealer does not service the Sprinter (yet) i see your in Dublin can I ask where you go to get your unit serviced?

Thanks again LeeB...... Our should be ready in late March
Mine hasn't needed service yet. There's a MB dealer in Pleasanton that's expanding and they told me they will service Sprinters when it's complete. If you're driving east on 580, you can see it just before the Hacienda exit right next to the freeway. They have a ways to go, so I'm hoping it will be done some time this summer. Otherwise I think Fremont may be the closest, but I'm not sure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Pleasanton facility will be complete and ready for Sprinters in the very near future.

Have fun dreaming about your new rig!
Sandi
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Ready to take her out of storage

Went to inside storage yesterday for the last time before I get plates and bring her home for 1st of April. Very glad to have no mice trouble...used nasty spray stuff that had urine in it...glad it dissipated within 4-5 weeks. Just started her up and turned on gen. with electric heater plugged into outside elect. Batteries in great shape....booked into Aseteque Island in Maryland to camp with wild horses mid April.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Glad to see this thread resurrected. I have been on the Yahoo groups web site and still have problems with it. It is getting easier to use but I still don't like the way it is laid out. It is to hard to follow subject. There are some really nice people there and there is some good advice.....

We will be flying to Iowa on 4/4/13 to pick up our 2013 ViewProfile 24G... YAY.. Over the past month I have found a few problems to look for (and e-mailed the dealer about them.)

We are looking forward to starting our adventures.

Sure would be nice to keep this thread alive......
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

extra rear turn signals

Has anyone seen the view/navion that had an extra set of turn signals installed below the 3rd brake set on the rear?? We carry bikes and they often obstruct the brake/turn signals. Saving grace is the turn signals on the mirrors. I'd love to know how to get them installed...know it was someone in the Yahoo group that did it......
Old 03-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I'd love to have the 12/13 view with DEF up front. That stuff is nasty!! Double warning on cohesiveness...was everything with water when done..don't let it get near metal. I use a hand pump from carparts store to fill mine up with long hose...works very well...would love to pick up more storage in that cabinet. We went from Mass. to Nova Scotia and back without filling tank..I tend to top it off a lot during the summer.
The 2 1/2 gal box here in the US has a nozzle that comes with it and I rarely spill a drop when I add it - put in two boxes last week. You will find this product at all truck stops, I found it once at Wal-Mart.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote