Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #321
Winnebago Camper

How do you keep Magneshades from getting stolen?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #322
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
I also have Magneshades for my Navion. I had them on my previous class A and wouldn't be without them. Yes they're a bit spendy but for the convenience, worth every penny.
Which color do you think is most effective?
How much do they weigh?
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:45 AM   #323
Winnebago Owner

Yes! Get Magne Shades.

They are fantastic, rain or shine,they make your coach completely private, Quick & Easy.

Our View could be rendered completely dark at midday using mangne shades & the stock blinds.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #324
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2014 24G we have recently purchased. We have only dry camped so far and have a question about hook ups. We have purchased a nice electrical Progressive Industries EMSPT 30C Surge Protector. Do I also need to purchase the same style extension cord or can I use a heavy duty electrical cord?
bigdlinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #325
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Which color do you think is most effective?
How much do they weigh?
The darker colors, black and brown are the most effective colors according to Magneshade. My brother-in-law has a white windshield shade (anothe brand). His is much more difficult to see through from the inside since the lighter color picks up more sunlight. My dark brown Magneshade it easy to see through from the inside, but nearly impossible to see in during the day.

About the question of being stolen... never gave it much thought. I suppose someone could steal it but then they'd need to acquire the super strong "rare earth" magnets to mount on the inside of the windshield. Seems like if this was a problem with Magneshades or any other shade we'd hear more about on forums like this one.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:09 AM   #326
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdlinny View Post
We have a 2014 24G we have recently purchased. We have only dry camped so far and have a question about hook ups. We have purchased a nice electrical Progressive Industries EMSPT 30C Surge Protector. Do I also need to purchase the same style extension cord or can I use a heavy duty electrical cord?
First, you shouldn't need any longer electrical cord than what is provided at any campground, you usually leave most of it stowed.

Second, if you are going to buy an additional cord you should match both; a smaller cord can't carry a 30 amp load. Say you are running the Air conditioner, and water heater or some other heavy load appliance, that smaller cord is going to get very hot at the least.

Third, same goes for those 30 amp to 15 amp converter plugs. If you use one don't place a heavy load on it (no air conditioner ever). If you check your appliances to determine the current draw, stay at or below 15 amps when adding all your electrical use at one time. Add the lights, furnace together under 15 amps your fine, Anything over and you may damage the converter plug or appliance. I have a generic spread sheet of the typical electrical currents used by appliances if anyone is interested, go to the link below good info.

www.offthegridrvsolar.com

I use a Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C 30A Surge Protector with Voltage Protection, portable they are expensive and I have used it on the last two. If it were built in I would have to buy another.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:14 AM   #327
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
The darker colors, black and brown are the most effective colors according to Magneshade. My brother-in-law has a white windshield shade (anothe brand). His is much more difficult to see through from the inside since the lighter color picks up more sunlight. My dark brown Magneshade it easy to see through from the inside, but nearly impossible to see in during the day.

About the question of being stolen... never gave it much thought. I suppose someone could steal it but then they'd need to acquire the super strong "rare earth" magnets to mount on the inside of the windshield. Seems like if this was a problem with Magneshades or any other shade we'd hear more about on forums like this one.
Thx thinking of brown/back to better match the Navion
Old 06-13-2016, 04:55 AM   #328
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Yes! Get Magne Shades.

They are fantastic, rain or shine,they make your coach completely private, Quick & Easy.

Our View could be rendered completely dark at midday using mangne shades & the stock blinds.
Sorry... I misspoke..what I actually had was the Solar/blackout Shades...installed by Winnebago at the factory. They remained on the inside of the windows, and pulled across , on a track, with magnetic clasps.

They are the best!!
Old 06-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #329
Winnebago Owner

The link isn't working so if your interested.
These are generic, to be specific you would need to use your appliances.
LED lights draw next nothing but you can add them into the mix.

Appliance type Drain QTY Hours/Day Total

Incandescent lights (12v) 1.50 amps 1.00 0.00
Water Pump 2.00 amps 1.00 0.00
Small TV (12v) 3.00 amps 1.00 0.00
Roof Fan (12v) 4.00 amps 1.00 0.00
Furnace (12v) 8.00 amps 1.00 0.00
Stereo (12v) 0.80 amps 1.00 0.00
Propane Alarm 0.20 amps 1.00 0.00
Propane Refrigerator 0.40 amps 1.00 0.00

Big Screen TV (120v) 3.00 amps 10.00 0.00
Satellite RX (120v) 0.40 amps 10.00 0.00
Microwave (120v) 10.00 amps 10.00 0.00
Toaster (120v) 7.00 amps 10.00 0.16 0.00
Coffee Maker (120v) 7.00 amps 10.00 0.16 0.00
Laptop Computer (120v) 0.50 amps 10.00 0.16 0.00
Residential Refrig (120v) 5.00 amps 10.00 0.00
DC Inverter (2000w@90%) 6.00 amps 1.00 12.00 0.00
CPAP 4 amps 1.00 0.00

Total Amp Hour 0.00
Inverter (12v/120v)
Old 06-15-2016, 01:50 AM   #330
Winnebago Camper

Meal times in 24g

I just bought a 24g with plans on traveling up the coast with the 3 of us. Those of you that have the sofa/table combo, how do you have more than 2 people eat at the same time?
Hmnbrdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:36 AM   #331
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmnbrdlady View Post
I just bought a 24g with plans on traveling up the coast with the 3 of us. Those of you that have the sofa/table combo, how do you have more than 2 people eat at the same time?
When we had a G model we used a small folding table between the two front seats, which were turned towards the rear. I'm sure it was something I got at Camping World: triangular in shape with 2 glass holders built in. Or you could use lap trays of some sort.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #332
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Try

GCI Compact Camp Table 20 @ Sportsman warehouse or from the company.
This table is collapsible, flat, small and light. Good option to use out doors.

Another option might be to build a second able for the second pedestal between the pilot seats.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #333
Winnebago Owner

Check out this web site Mercedes pics after math of using high levels of Bio Deisel.
20150924_1110521_zpstwvn2n7e.jpg Photo by volynhuta | Photobucket
Old 06-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #334
Winnebago Camper

Three of us are on a trip now in our V, it has the loveseat with the rectangular table. I also made a small round table for the swivel cab seats, so two people use the sofa/table, and one uses the round table and cab seat. We have all also used just the sofa table with one person using a folding ottoman facing the two folks on the sofa. Of course the outdoor picnic table is much more spacious.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #335
Winnebago Camper

New Digs

We just downsized from 42ft DP to 2017 Navion 24G.
Hell of a change in living space. Wife wanted to go smaller
for many reasons and I wanted to stay with diesel.
Time will tell on hoe the size works out for us
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:54 AM   #336
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
We are downsizing from a 32 foot motorhome. I think the hardest part is going through the mountain of stuff to pare it down to the essential items. It's all piled in my living room right now and I don't even know where to start.
Hmnbrdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:02 AM   #337
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
We are downsizing from a 32 foot motorhome. I think the hardest part is going through the mountain of stuff to pare it down to the essential items. It's all piled in my living room right now and I don't even know where to start.
You will be fine! When you parallel park, on a main Street, or turn around on a 2 lane road...you will love it. Your new little coach is pretty luxurious for its class,,,really quality finish & appointments....Enjoy The Ride
Old 06-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #338
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
Close but no cigar I guess.... We also downsized from a Bounder 36' to a View V style.... Just look at all the redundancy of " stuff" and you will realize just what is necessary. We love the Quiet ride compared to the V10 gas unit. Not to mention the much greater MPG...
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #339
Winnebago Camper

We downsized from a 32 footer as well. I had the same issue of figuring out what to leave home. It does hold an amazing amount though. I think I still have more stuff onboard than I really need. After a two week long trip in the View, it feels like home. I loved finding an on street parking pace in the middle of Jackson, Wy this morning for breakfast. In the old MH I would have just gassed up and kept going.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #340
Winnebago Camper

Norcold 3150 Refrigerator Auto Mode

Our new 2017 Navion 24G has a Norcold 3150 3 way Refrigerator.
My question to all you out there is on the operation of this unit
The Manual (Both the one that came with the unit & the correct one from Norcold's site for this Model) states that in Auto Mode the unit automatically selects the proper source of power for the unit
It says that it does so in this order of selection
#1 - 120VAC if available
#2 - 12VDC if engine is running
#3 - Propane w/ 12VDC control
Even with the engine running the unit will only select between 120VAC and LP
I have to manually switch it to 12VDC and it runs fine like that.
I called Norcold and 1st was told that there is a problem with a power board and to bring it to the dealer for a replacement of the board
I received an email today from another tech from Norcold that I was misinformed and that I have to manually select 12VDC as I am doing.
I copied the page from the manual and sent it to him stating that I expect it to work as it is described in the manual.
I'm sure many out there have this same unit and can tell me how there's works in Auto Mode

Thank you Mark
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote