Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #1061
Winnebago Master

I’ve got a project this weekend, maybe 2.
Adding 400 watts of solar and going to try and somewhat enclose the generator to cut down on the sound. I’ve been looking at generator baffle boxes for inspiration, but they’re all for portable generators.

I’ll keep ya posted!
Old 11-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #1062
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I attached this guy yesterday. All good! Just slightly stiffer and barely noticeable.
Get some miles on them and report back.

And if anyone of our peeps finds a better design that we can implement on our doors please share ...
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:59 PM   #1063
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Update...I recently towed the Jeep for the first time since completing all the RV suspension work. Much better! I also have the new Maximus 3 tow hooks bolted to the frame and custom machined tow bar adapters for the Ready Brute Elite tow bar.
While it towed much better, no wagging, it is very noticeably heavier than the Saturn. I was going to tow it to Oregon in a few months, but the Saturn is just that much lighter and easier to get up and go.

The suspension work is a success, with the Sumo Springs being the cherry on top!

How is the passing semi-trucks? Do they still push you to the right? (that is my biggest problem with my mod's so far)
Old 11-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #1064
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I thought the same about the fresh water tank. That we only had one. I would have bet on it!
There’s two.
One of the 26m’s here had an issue a few months ago and posted pictures. I happened to be camping so I checked it out. If you pull out the outdoor kitchen drawer you’ll see the two fresh tanks. There’s hoses connecting them, so one tank fills full then fills the other thru that hose. The overflow is part of that connection iirc. I don’t think that member had the ability to fill the second tank and he fixed it.
I have that problem that the fill hose is NOT connected to the forward tank. How did this fellow FIX that problem? I'm thinking I have to pull the kitchen stuff out to get to the tanks.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:18 PM   #1065
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Not me. Insofar as I know, I only have one fresh water tank?

There are two styles of probes, one for the gray water and one for black. The image I illustrated was comparing the OEM “sensor” to the longer gray sensor.

The black tank sensor has a shield over the probe, to keep toilet paper from clinging to the probe.
You only have "one" fresh water tank? Really, I would like to see a pic of this. I sure wished I didn't have the two.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #1066
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
How is the passing semi-trucks? Do they still push you to the right? (that is my biggest problem with my mod's so far)
I really don't get pushed around at all anymore. It takes a VERY strong gust to move me, and still not anywhere near as bad as a slight breeze before the suspension work. The white knuckle driving is behind me now.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #1067
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I really don't get pushed around at all anymore. It takes a VERY strong gust to move me, and still not anywhere near as bad as a slight breeze before the suspension work. The white knuckle driving is behind me now.
Ok thanks. Sounds like you succeeded in taming the Intent. Yes was pretty bad out of the box.

I'm always looking for more improvements in handling. Mine is not bad with the mods done so far, but I just would like it to be even better.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #1068
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Ok thanks. Sounds like you succeeded in taming the Intent. Yes was pretty bad out of the box...
It IS a box...😳
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:06 PM   #1069
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Ok thanks. Sounds like you succeeded in taming the Intent. Yes was pretty bad out of the box.

I'm always looking for more improvements in handling. Mine is not bad with the mods done so far, but I just would like it to be even better.

Thanks

I would add a rear track bar as your next move to help prevent the “push” from a big rig.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #1070
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I would add a rear track bar as your next move to help prevent the “push” from a big rig.
Yes thought of that. However on my last Class C I added one and it didn't seem to do any good. But all boxes (Wyatt ) are not the same. That may be something I can add myself. Hope it wouldn't interfere with the added anti-sway already installed. Will maybe have to research that.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #1071
Winnebago Owner

Hose leak

I too had a hose clamp failure but on my fresh water inlet/fill. Had water leaking under dinette/slide-out when adding water before a trip. Had a few weeks before next trip. Ordered pex kit off of Amazon. Replaced faulty clamp and now carry the kit in a bay. This way if it happens on the road can make repairs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	961E6540-0438-4857-A8D8-23E58A4FFB92.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	175644
Twpinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #1072
Winnebago Owner

How do you like the SuperSteer rear track bar? Did you install them yourself?
Went to supersteer’s website and looks like it would definitely improve the wag the dog I am occasionally experiencing. I have added the safe-t-plus and sumo springs front and back. Wondering if I need to also add the anti-sways front and back. Did you do all the upgrades at once or over time. Just trying to understand the impacts/benefits of each of them that you experienced.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #1073
Winnebago Master

I did all the additions one at a time, and did all the work myself except the alignment. The alignment is key and should happen before anything else. You want Toe IN. Having an alignment checked and being told everything is “in tolerance” is not good enough.

Each item helped, but it all came together in the end.

The Supersteer trac bar was easy to install.

The Roadmaster rear sway bar bolts on to the rear of the axle and doesn’t interfere with the stock one or the trac bar at all.

Skim through the pages of this thread a bit, I think there are a lot more details.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #1074
Winnebago Owner

Handling Upgrades and Generator Noise

Will scroll back through the thread. Appreciate the updates on your approach and results.
Interested in how you tackle the gen noise issue. I thought about adding noico butyl sheets to the Rv sheet frame above the generator but was concerned it could catch fire. I have some extra sheets from when I added it to the doghouse and on the undercarriage sheet metal above front tire wheel wells. Worked great there cutting down heat and road noise.

Name:	63B7C06C-C1FE-4331-AA06-0A2FE6BE2D69.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	175648
Old 11-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #1075
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
I too had a hose clamp failure but on my fresh water inlet/fill. Had water leaking under dinette/slide-out when adding water before a trip. Had a few weeks before next trip. Ordered pex kit off of Amazon. Replaced faulty clamp and now carry the kit in a bay. This way if it happens on the road can make repairs.
Attachment 175644
Got it. I still prefer to Swapp out those for a more robust option. Those compression fittings are an issue just waiting to happen, IMPO...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E80C8426-E822-4CB7-AF07-6B3D0FAF4EB2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	530.0 KB
ID:	175651  
Old 11-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #1076
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
Will scroll back through the thread. Appreciate the updates on your approach and results.
Interested in how you tackle the gen noise issue. I thought about adding noico butyl sheets to the Rv sheet frame above the generator but was concerned it could catch fire. I have some extra sheets from when I added it to the doghouse and on the undercarriage sheet metal above front tire wheel wells. Worked great there cutting down heat and road noise.
Attachment 175648
I pondered that, since I had leftover from insulating the front end, under the floorboards. But I used a decibel meter, and the sound is mostly coming from underneath the gen set, which makes sense, as it’s air cooled and needs to breath. That said, it wouldn’t hurt to add that to the top and sides of the compartment, which may help, albeit minimally, to quite down the living space above. I see no issue with it overheating, as mentioned above, the air cooled engine requirements, make that area within the tolerances of the insulation material. Just don’t insulate them gen set itself...
Old 11-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #1077
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Not sure if you saw but just before I went to Michigan I had Ray at Alignment plus put on rear sway bar, Koni Shocks and Sumo Springs. I really don't think I got my monies worth and I am wondering if you know are the shocks and springs adjustable or anything?

Going to call Ray and see if I can get her in for a checkup.

Only real change I see is a lot less impact at the bridge transitions and maybe a little smoother overall ride. Still got a lot of push from the passing trucks and I now have both the rear track bar and rear sway bar.

I will say that with no wind and a great road she does almost drive herself...bad roads are more prominent unfortunately.

Please keep me posted on the Solar...I want to do same but maybe go 600 watt. I assume you already bought the system...Renogy?
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:21 PM   #1078
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
I am wondering if you know are the shocks and springs adjustable or anything?
Hi Bill,

The Koni shocks are self adjusting. You cannot manually change them. By design, they “self adjust”, depending on the needs. They have an extra chamber that will allow the fluid to move to more, or less aggressive chambers, to either be more aggressive, or smooth, depending on the need the shocks receive.

Sway bars are static. They do what they do.

Insofar as I know, you’ve done everything you can do. Life, is not perfect...
Old 11-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #1079
Winnebago Master

K9AEG,

I was stalking you to see if you had posted anything about your solar system (which you didn't?) and I saw that you did the 5 Star Tune.
How do you like it? I had read about it a few years ago, and at that time it really helped the older V10's, but not much difference in the newer 3V and 6 speed trans. Thoughts?

Also, can you give us some details and pics of your solar set-up? 800 watts is a lot of panels on a little roof!

The weather got in the way of me putting 4 100w Renogy panels on the roof this weekend. I have a Victron Smart 100/30 controller and am going to wire "series-parallel". 2 in series to up the volts to get the batteries charging sooner and longer in the day, and then in parallel to help with shade.
I have 2 pieces of aluminum channel strut to mount to the roof, then the panels will mount to them. In the rear, off to the side, so I can still get on the roof and walk around easily.

-Robb
Old 11-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #1080
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
K9AEG,

I was stalking you to see if you had posted anything about your solar system (which you didn't?) and I saw that you did the 5 Star Tune.
How do you like it? I had read about it a few years ago, and at that time it really helped the older V10's, but not much difference in the newer 3V and 6 speed trans. Thoughts?

Also, can you give us some details and pics of your solar set-up? 800 watts is a lot of panels on a little roof!

The weather got in the way of me putting 4 100w Renogy panels on the roof this weekend. I have a Victron Smart 100/30 controller and am going to wire "series-parallel". 2 in series to up the volts to get the batteries charging sooner and longer in the day, and then in parallel to help with shade.
I have 2 pieces of aluminum channel strut to mount to the roof, then the panels will mount to them. In the rear, off to the side, so I can still get on the roof and walk around easily.

-Robb
Well Robb, weather here in Arizona is going to prevent me from taking any pic's of my solar setup. But actually your configuration is much more elaborate than mine.. I.E. your 12v/24v setup. Mine is just 8 100 watt panels hooked in series to a Renology solar charger. Passenger side has 5 panels; drivers side has 3 with room for two more in required. All panels have the 4 feet connected to the roof via 3M extreme double sided tape.

#6 gage wire follows the tanks vent down through wall to passenger side LARGE storage bacement. That is were controller and two more batteries are located. End of story. Simple setup.

5 Star was good money spent. I put a 16'x101" tandem trailer with me most of the time. It has my workshop and Honda Pioneer SxS. Honda is about 1900 lbs. I need power for mountains and headwinds. One of the nicest features I enjoy besides the added torque is when I'm in Tow-Haul mode, the tranny is prevented from going into overdrive. Less shifting. The tranny works much easier with 5-star. Less shifting all around, and even downshifts for you when you come down in speed. (not talking about the down-shift when in tow-haul peddle braking mode) But be for warned that this 5-star tune does not increase gas mileage. Because of the increased Torque Horse Power available with the tune, you actually loose about .5mpg. But I will take the HP over that anyday. Here is a link that does a better job than myself.

https://5startuning.com/got-2016-6-8l-v10-rv/

Tags
intent