Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2020, 10:21 PM   #861
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Hi ya Ken

I've had two Winnebago products in the past few years, both motorhomes purchased new. From my experience Winnebago builds a decent product but there will be the inevitable teething problems. The Quality Control (or apparent lack thereof) will make you shake your head at times, but I still believe WBO is on the higher end of quality. The unfortunate reality of the RV Industry is that we (consumers) have acquiesced to accept inferior products as the industry norm.
For what it’s worth, I suggest you purchase your unit from a local dealer (even if your initial cost is greater than purchasing it elsewhere) as having your dealer immediately available to deal with the warranty issues (and there will be some!) in a timely manner is well worth any additional initial costs. Many WBO dealers and service outlets will not deal with you with any priority if you did not purchase your unit from them - they will eventually get to you but you will be at the bottom of the waiting list behind all their own customers; may be unfortunate but just reality.
All that being said we’ve been very happy with both units - after all the warranty issues were dealt with, and would not hesitate to recommend Winnebago products.
Just be patient and be willing to express your expectations (professionally and courteously) and work with your dealer so that you get what you’ve paid for.
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:07 PM   #862
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
So, there is just my wife and I and we are quite happy with the 26M...we do wish we had a little more room so the 30 probably would have been better. I still want more room and better ride and handling. Next year I hope to move up to a 40' DP and have my model in mind (a deal for one fell through last month so I decided to do a few more upgrades and keep the Intent this year).

Best to you...you can see my additions listed on my signature below.
It's also just my wife and I. We bought the 30R March of 2019. The 26M at that time was to small for us. Our 30R has the same handling issues and rattling noises as the 26M. I have just put on a steering stabilizer. I have not done any other suspension work. We will be moving in to our coach fulltime next month as we transition to moving to Texas. The coach is fine for now but we also will be purchasing a 40'+ DP. With that being said I will not be upgrading the coach unless it needs to be fixed as we will be saving for new coach.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #863
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdie24 View Post
Hi ya Ken

For what it’s worth, I suggest you purchase your unit from a local dealer (even if your initial cost is greater than purchasing it elsewhere) as having your dealer immediately available to deal with the warranty issues (and there will be some!) in a timely manner is well worth any additional initial costs. Many WBO dealers and service outlets will not deal with you with any priority if you did not purchase your unit from them - they will eventually get to you but you will be at the bottom of the waiting list behind all their own customers; may be unfortunate but just reality.
All that being said we’ve been very happy with both units - after all the warranty issues were dealt with, and would not hesitate to recommend Winnebago products.
Just be patient and be willing to express your expectations (professionally and courteously) and work with your dealer so that you get what you’ve paid for.
Ran into this same problem with my 26M that I bought in Phoenix, (we live there 6mo. ) but then had a recall and other issues that popped up when in Wisconsin (6mo's here also).

Dealer here in Wisconsin did put me on the end of the list. He told me he had to do that because I didn't purchase from them. I was 1st angry, but eventually understood, and service manager and I ended up to be friends... eventually. But yes, we have to be understanding and patient.

Also.. don't expect professional mechanical workmanship from dealers. They pay less than auto dealer repair centers do. So good mechanics and fix-it boys may not be employed there. You may luck out, but for the most part, I would have to give them an "E" for effort.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #864
Intent 30r 2019

We also have the 2019 30r. Had the tires aligned and handling has been okay. Currently have about 7k miles on it.

After warranty items taken care of, the entry door installed improperly, overhead bed rattling, driving area screens replacement, awning issue... The unit has been fine.

Love the layout, we use the outdoor fridge, TV and sink frequently so is working out well for us. The dinette is kind of tight and we are not big people, so that is something we might change someday.
It is definitely an entry level unit but we are generally happy with most of the interior except for cushion padding in the seating. Would be worth the 500 to 1000 for better quality padding!
MikeBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #865
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Removing an INTENT screen

Anyone know the trick to getting the screens out on an Intent kitchen window? Looks like there’s two spring loaded tabs on the top, but I can’t seem to retract it? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFE2C336-2793-42B4-B5B0-7FD9B46EF065.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	174015  
Old 06-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #866
Winnebago Master

I don’t think I’ve removed that screen yet. Others have the 2 springs that you mentioned. Pull down on them, tilt the top towards you out of the top channel, then lift out of bottom.
Doesn’t work?
Old 06-22-2020, 04:20 PM   #867
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I don’t think I’ve removed that screen yet. Others have the 2 springs that you mentioned. Pull down on them, tilt the top towards you out of the top channel, then lift out of bottom.
Doesn’t work?
All the ready are easy. There are no tabs on the smaller windows, just a spring loaded catch. I’m thinking a small pick might get in there?
Old 06-22-2020, 07:01 PM   #868
Winnebago Camper

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I purchased a Intent 29L in May of 2019
So far I have installed mostly suspension mods.
Roadmaster front sway bar.
Roadmaster steering stabilizer.
Rear track bar.
Sumo Springs'
I am still using the factory shocks and rear sway bar.

I am curious if anyone else has had slide issues.
My unit just developed problem with front slide motor.
habermanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #869
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
All the ready are easy. There are no tabs on the smaller windows, just a spring loaded catch. I’m thinking a small pick might get in there?
Here’s the scoop... lift up firmly from the bottom of the screen and it will depress some shiny spring clips on top so that the bottom comes out of the channel first, then drop out of the top frame.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #870
Winnie-Wise

Just tried mine. Rear facing end lifts out easy. Front is tight requiring a small screwdriver helping to raise it by prying along inside the track.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #871
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by habermanb View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself.
I purchased a Intent 29L in May of 2019
So far I have installed mostly suspension mods.
Roadmaster front sway bar.
Roadmaster steering stabilizer.
Rear track bar.
Sumo Springs'
I am still using the factory shocks and rear sway bar.

I am curious if anyone else has had slide issues.
My unit just developed problem with front slide motor.
Welcome! What is happening with your slide? I haven’t had any trouble, other than a seal that wasn’t installed properly. Both slides seem like they should be smoother, but no issue...yet

-Robb
Old 06-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #872
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Spotted my first Intent RV. It’s at the Petaluma KOA where we’re staying. They’re from Washington, and have a toad. Anyone on this thread?
Old 06-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #873
Winnebago Master

I’ve stayed there a few times. Nice, quiet place. There’s a Lagunitas Brewery just across the freeway with good food and live music if you’re up for it.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #874
Winnie-Wise

Spotted my 1st Intent in big city of Antigo Wisconsin last week. (20. Miles from our summer home) looked like a 26m and traveling north to northern Wisconsin vacation area.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #875
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I’ve stayed there a few times. Nice, quiet place. There’s a Lagunitas Brewery just across the freeway with good food and live music if you’re up for it.
Thanks Robb,

We live an hour away from here, and have friends who live in town, so they fill us in on a lot of cooks spots as well.

Anne’s seafood is near the brewery as well. Amazing smoked fish and an array of fresh seafood and oysters. It’s a wharehouse, so Togo only.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #876
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Jack down beeper...

Hey, does anybody know how to disable the “Jack Down” beeper? Not the light, just the sound. I was under the dash for an hour trying to locate where it emanated from. It seems to be under the driver’s area...
Our dog, Wyatt, is going blind and he’s frightened by it so much he shivers uncontrollably, and runs away when we try and depart camp. It’s sad, and I know I’m taking a small risk, but it outweighs his well being...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5797F983-B593-4665-BCDB-7B05E3F08B7B.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	174030  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #877
Winnebago Camper

I have the 29L with full wall slide. Started with the drivers end pausing while moving in or out. Controller shows error code of motor 1 (drivers end). Now the slide only does about a 5 inch jog on both ends. Hitting the switch multiple times will move it in or out. Sometimes the drivers end will move eradically as it starts. Voltage at the batteries is 13.7 volts. Howard
habermanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #878
Winnebago Owner

Just joined the group. I have a 31p since January 2019 and travel on weekends and have put 9000 miles on it. Upgrades for handling are safety steer, sumo shocks front and back. Which really improved the handling and reduced the hard shakes/bounces. Next upgrade is the supersteer rear track bar to eliminate the wagging the dog.
Twpinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:46 PM   #879
Winnebago Owner

Dogbone and undercarriage insulation

Recently removed the doghouse and added a layer of peel and stick butyl matting material called Noico black 80 mil butyl 36sq ft bought on Amazon for around $60 and bought a 2 1/2” rubber roller. Very easy to do. Remove doghouse cover using 5/32 hexhead t handle inserted on hole on the left front side of cover. Installed the pull and stick noico on top of the existing insulation. Trimmed to fit and used a roller after installation to ensure good adhesion. Reinstalled doghouse. Added the peel and stick above the front tires directly on the undercarriage (directly below where the driver and passenger sit) and used a roller to ensure adhesion, just like directions say. The peel and stick sheets are very easy to cut and trim to size. It drastically reduced the road noise and heat coming into the cab. We live in southern Arizona and temps were 105 and the cab area was able to stay cool using the dash ac with the roof ac on. That has never worked in the past and I would have to have a full size fan to be able to drive without sweating to death. Best money I have spent and I have several sheets left over. Next plan is to install on walls around generator to quiet it down a bit.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:56 PM   #880
Winnebago Owner

Roof Maint with Eternabond Tape

Inspected roof and found the sealant was looking worn and had some areas in the front cap missing or little sealant. Decided to clean and prep roof to apply Eternabond tape along all seal seams on roof. Did research and others have had it successfully holding up for over 10 years. I filled in any gaps with sealant (dicor) probably overkill and waited for it to dry. Then applied 2” wide tape on both roof side seams. Then applied 4” tape on front and back seams. After application a roller is required to press the tape to ensure proper application. We also applied the tape to the roof protrusions. This should allow us not to have to apply sealant on a yearly basis and should protect our roof for many years. The white tape blends easily with our white Intent roof.

Tags
intent