Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #961
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Oh gosh you have way more sand than we have here at daughters lake house. Jealous... Probably not bugs ether. (Wisconsin has bugs!!!! )
Only bugs we have here are the neighbors—too close for comfort.

We have a premium Pacifica Ocean site (first come first served—no reservations allowed), so we got really lucky.

Here are some of the other sites. Now grant you, this is more of a one night stand transient spot for those heading up or down the coast...

This is what the back row has to deal with...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	158F0D26-14D0-411F-849E-4042EAF7DF1B.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	174516  
Old 08-07-2020, 10:20 PM   #962
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Good Job.. Thanks for sharing. Do you have Amazona part number?
Gotta say that I’m getting a little burned out on Amazon. It was only $13.76 when I bought in June. I put another item in my cart last week that was $990. Six days later it was $1,355, with many in stock. I’m looking elsewhere more and more.

The screen is on the inside, snapped to the wall outside the window frame.

I had to ditch the hinge that came attached to the latch because it didn’t fit the window frame right. I replaced it with a simple hinge. I also replaced the included rivets with stainless stainless hardware for a better fit. I think the window frame that the latch was designed for was a different thickness.
I drilled 2 holes in the window frame, then cut the material between them out with a dremel cut off wheel to create the slot for the silver handle to slide thru. (See where the red plastic goes thru the frame)
To keep it secure in the wind, I drilled a hole in the handle and the plastic piece mounted to the frame, then drop a cotter pin in it. Super easy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E6CAF695-94BC-4692-91EF-8DCE4BFE64E8.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	174513   Click image for larger version

Name:	227692BF-3B08-4BBF-9CAC-F3694457DF90.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	174514  

Name:	D2DF7D96-528D-4DF0-854D-F0CA21EEC664.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	174515  
Old 08-07-2020, 10:29 PM   #963
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Only bugs we have here are the neighbors—too close for comfort.

We have a premium Pacifica Ocean site (first come first served—no reservations allowed), so we got really lucky.

Here are some of the other sites. Now grant you, this is more of a one night stand transient spot for those heading up or down the coast...

This is what the back row has to deal with...
No thank you! Reminds me of Carpinteria. There are places we will never return to. Put Refugio and Gaviota on that list too. I guess I’m not a fan of the Santa Barbra coast.
We’re heading north next Friday morning, but still south of you. First stop is Rincon Parkway (just north of Ventura) for a few nights, then up to Paso Robles for a few more.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:57 AM   #964
Winnie-Wise

Yeah back row looks more like a truck stop or rest area. But almost 6 feet vivid speaking. ����
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #965
Winnebago Camper

I have a 29L. I have Roadmaster front sway bar, Roadmaster steering stabilizer, Sumos all around, supersteer rear trac bar, and aux Roadmaster sway bar ( not installed yet).
Installed parts have all made a difference but Sumos and supersteer trac bar seemed to help the most.
habermanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #966
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by habermanb View Post
I have a 29L. I have Roadmaster front sway bar, Roadmaster steering stabilizer, Sumos all around, supersteer rear trac bar, and aux Roadmaster sway bar ( not installed yet).
Installed parts have all made a difference but Sumos and supersteer trac bar seemed to help the most.
It sucks that we have to add all these things just to feel somewhat in control of the vehicle. I’m happy that they work, but they should be included on all new RV’s as standard equipment. It’s also a lot of weight in extra parts that has caused me to have to lighten the load elsewhere because they have pushed mine to the 16k lbs chassis limit.

Ford says they supply a chassis to be finished by the end manufacturer.
Winnebago says they just build on what they’re given.

Attention Winnebago Industries: FINISH THE JOB
Old 08-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #967
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
UPDATE: Over all a driving experience that was 8-10. I found if I didn't pay attention, I'd be going close to 70 because the handling, noise, comfort, etc was better than expected. I'd go for some clips at 55 and between 55-65 or so. I didn't use the cruise control until about 3 hours into the trip. At that point, it was a matter of some fatigue from the long day (up at 4am to fly to DAL, it was about close to 5pm by the time I hit the road to Lafayette). I hit the cruise around 61mph and holy cow if that wasn't a magic number! Semi-jetstreams were really manageable, apart from one or two truckers that like hugging the yellow line, and the overall engine performance and cabin noise was just awesome at that speed.

Stopped in Alexandria for a bit of a stretch and some caffeine and sugar. Only stop I made on the 7 hour journey home. Seating was that comfy!

Had one close call coming out of Shreveport with a pickup truck that seemed married to my blind spot. I was needing to exit and he was needing to enter the highway. He missed the memo on yielding and merging so I missed the exit. Did a exit and uturn that maybe added a mile onto the journey.

Lesson learned: take my time, know that the world is full of people who apparently have life saving brain surgeries to get to, and there'll be another chance up the road to get back on track.

Things I am marking down, that kept from being an 8 out of 10. Cab issues (dang it ford!):
First, the AC only blew hot at one point, had to shut it down and restart it to get a warm mix instead of blast furnace hot (even when cranked all the way to the left on the temp selector).
Second, ambient lighting is coming from instrumentation only. Maybe these things are driven mostly during the day, but I didn't like how dark it felt. I had a vw cc that had these really dim and pinpoint red leds that made an awesome difference in night driving. Gonna look into a similar add here I think.
Lastly and probably the most dangerous, Bluetooth connectivity. The head unit just would not stay paired with my iPhone. It was great for having my tunes, but I was also navigating with my phone, so getting the turn by turn over the speakers was helpful to keep my eyes on the road. Reconnecting is not a one click process so picking the phone up, getting the right menu selected and then selecting the right Bluetooth device was really stressful. I probably had to do that 10-12 times on the trip.

A final word on night driving up high....I had never been so panick stricken to see all the deer down on the shoulders of the highway at night. Good golly that upped my pucker factor to think of tangling with Bambi on my first voyage in the Willemium Falcon!
Thanks for the laugh. Just now catching up with posts. (I'm new, or old as the case may be.)
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #968
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Ok, Thanks. If not, then why not all?
Just windows that slide side to side need them, because there is always exposed track to catch water, which will need to get out, thus weep holes.
For windows that raise and lower I guess they figure we're smart enough to close the window if it's raining in.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:58 AM   #969
Winnie-Wise

Gas Mileage w.or.wo pulling trailer.

I've done a gas mileage test twice now with same results. Hopefully it's accurate.

Gas mileage tests were with and without a 12x6 trailer weighing about 3000 lbs. Tests were performed with no winds, moderate hills, same route
mostly 4 lane at a speed cruise controlled at 65mph, for a distance of 160 miles each.

Average Mileage was identical for both. About 7.9 or 8.0 might.

Explain that.

The results were about
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200815-084532_Photos.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	174611  
Old 08-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #970
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for all of your detailed instructions. My next project.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #971
Winnebago Master

Emergency Exit window screen

Here’s a few more pictures trying to show details.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	14EF42C8-A7DB-4726-99D4-236864D0908D.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	557.5 KB
ID:	174620   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009AAC8-AC0F-406D-84FC-548254FBFE7E.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	174621  

Name:	07C316B7-27FD-4CBC-84D7-8D11226CC3A6.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	619.2 KB
ID:	174622  
Old 08-15-2020, 07:36 PM   #972
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Here’s a few more pictures trying to show details.
That’s a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration, again...

Q. Are you going to put that on Amazon anytime soon?
Old 08-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #973
Winnebago Master

Yup. Then I’ll raise the price when you add it to your cart!

Wyatt, I’ve got a project for you. Figure out how to wire in a second light switch for the shower light. I want to put it in the bathroom right next to the bath light switch. Too often I strip down nekked before I turn that light on
Old 08-15-2020, 07:50 PM   #974
Winnebago Master

Camping on the water, just north of Ventura, CA.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A5CC6AEB-8810-43D7-8914-EF682E450E67.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	782.8 KB
ID:	174625   Click image for larger version

Name:	675B3F4E-CFD9-4314-B20D-28B15C8552E0.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	600.5 KB
ID:	174626  

Old 08-15-2020, 08:13 PM   #975
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Yup. Then I’ll raise the price when you add it to your cart!

Wyatt, I’ve got a project for you. Figure out how to wire in a second light switch for the shower light. I want to put it in the bathroom right next to the bath light switch. Too often I strip down nekked before I turn that light on
You have a shower light? Show me...mine only has a dome that lets the sun in, and wakes me up too early...

Currently camping at Pillar Point in Half Moon Bay, CA. It’s too hot inland to go home..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2AB78BDD-2819-4086-997F-7B57012EF665.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	174627   Click image for larger version

Name:	00749247-07AE-41CF-84B9-F48B3E04929C.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	424.5 KB
ID:	174628  

Old 08-15-2020, 08:59 PM   #976
Winnebago Master

Pillar Point is a very different place during winter swells with 20’-30’+ waves!

We’re in a similar situation here. Supposed to head to Pismo Beach tomorrow for 4 nights, but they got shut down again. So instead of going home, we picked up the nights in Paso Robles, but it’s 112* there. No thanks! A few hours ago my wife swapped those nights to a place just north of Santa Barbara instead. Much cooler there. I’ll go home to Oceanside before I camp in 112 degrees!

The light in the shower is the one in the “hall” with the switch under the thermostat.

Another shot just as the sun went down. 2 dolphins catching some air.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E8E41987-1244-415A-9749-C7E6D48F6C60.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	174631  
Old 08-15-2020, 09:33 PM   #977
Winnebago Owner

Just wanted to say thanks to all the other Intent owners for all the help I have received. This is a great group of owners.

Wife and I recently moved to Texas from California. She received a promotion with current employer. We are now living in our Intent 30R fulltime. We knew eventually that we wanted to fulltime in the future so instead of buying anther house we decided to live in the RV.

We will be trading up in the next few months for either an Entrgra Anthem 44W or a Newmar 4369. We haven't made our decision yet. As some of you may know our rigs do not have a lot of storage especially for those that still work fulltime. Been told by a few fulltimers to get nothing less than 40Ft.. After looking I now know why.

I will be lurking as I still may have issues I need help with.

Again, thanks for ll the help

Scottt & Laura
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:35 PM   #978
Winnebago Master

Sounds exciting! Good luck with the transition.

-Robb
Old 08-15-2020, 09:56 PM   #979
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Pillar Point is a very different place during winter swells with 20’-30’+ waves!

We’re in a similar situation here. Supposed to head to Pismo Beach tomorrow for 4 nights, but they got shut down again. So instead of going home, we picked up the nights in Paso Robles, but it’s 112* there. No thanks! A few hours ago my wife swapped those nights to a place just north of Santa Barbara instead. Much cooler there. I’ll go home to Oceanside before I camp in 112 degrees!

The light in the shower is the one in the “hall” with the switch under the thermostat.

Another shot just as the sun went down. 2 dolphins catching some air.
Awesome sunset with entertainment in the backdrop...

Oh, I thought you had a light “in” the shower. I now know what your talking about. Allow me to ponder what I’d do, since the current switch is across the hall from where you want it...
Old 08-15-2020, 10:34 PM   #980
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAFIRE View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to all the other Intent owners for all the help I have received. This is a great group of owners.

Wife and I recently moved to Texas from California. She received a promotion with current employer. We are now living in our Intent 30R fulltime. We knew eventually that we wanted to fulltime in the future so instead of buying anther house we decided to live in the RV.

We will be trading up in the next few months for either an Entrgra Anthem 44W or a Newmar 4369. We haven't made our decision yet. As some of you may know our rigs do not have a lot of storage especially for those that still work fulltime. Been told by a few fulltimers to get nothing less than 40Ft.. After looking I now know why.

I will be lurking as I still may have issues I need help with.

Again, thanks for ll the help

Scottt & Laura
Good for you. But I’m bummed.,.not only can I not sell you a home , we’ll be losing you as a contributor in the community.

Safe travels my friend...let us know what you end up getting, so we can all be jealous...

Tags
intent