Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2020, 10:10 PM   #1021
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Very easy to set up. The beeping was a bit loud so I covered the speaker with electrical tape to tone it down.
I honestly feel like it will never need to be replaced. It’s that much better.
Or, try this...I haven’t done it, but I’d give it a try...

“How to make the RV Lock stop beeping
All you have to do is press and hold the 1 key for 3 seconds. You will hear a beep and then be able to use the RV Lock” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>keyless entry on your RV without the annoying beeping.”
Old 09-05-2020, 11:24 PM   #1022
Winnebago Master

We actually like the beep to know we did it correctly . It’s just loud without the tape.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:21 PM   #1023
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Time to replace the stock Winnebago hose clamps, on the LEFT, with an adjustable clamp, on the RIGHT...

We’re in the camper when we get a knock on our door. Our neighbor says, as she points to our pump house exterior cabinet, “Is that supposed to be doing that”. Now I see water pouring out of the closed door seal. I was think of explaining it away as a new water feature I had added, but I just ran over and turned off the main supply hose at the post, and then opened the door, the water poured out like a elevator door filled with water opening up—I was soaked.

The main water inlet hose blew off the the barbed receptacle, and you can’t easily get these stock clamps back on.

I know what you’re thinking, “Does he have a water regulator?”. Yes, I do, and it was ~60 psi—too high?

I think they just never had it completely on the barbed pipe when the crimped it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	344C317E-A5DD-4B58-9819-36BAE1EEE221.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	602.9 KB
ID:	174981  
Old 09-12-2020, 04:30 PM   #1024
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Time to replace the stock Winnebago hose clamps, on the LEFT, with an adjustable clamp, on the RIGHT...

We’re in the camper when we get a knock on our door. Our neighbor says, as she points to our pump house exterior cabinet, “Is that supposed to be doing that”. Now I see water pouring out of the closed door seal. I was think of explaining it away as a new water feature I had added, but I just ran over and turned off the main supply hose at the post, and then opened the door, the water poured out like a elevator door filled with water opening up—I was soaked.

The main water inlet hose blew off the the barbed receptacle, and you can’t easily get these stock clamps back on.

I know what you’re thinking, “Does he have a water regulator?”. Yes, I do, and it was ~60 psi—too high?

I think they just never had it completely on the barbed pipe when the crimped it.
I believe it may be to high. I remember reading in the owners manual about it being 50psi or less. I would have to look again to confirm.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #1025
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAFIRE View Post
I believe it may be to high. I remember reading in the owners manual about it being 50psi or less. I would have to look again to confirm.
You are correct, 50 PSI Max...
Old 09-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #1026
Winnebago Owner

A while back I stated that we would be selling our Intent to be able to purchase a bigger RV. We decided on a Newmar Dutch Star 4369. We ordered over the weekend and hopefully will be getting the coach mid December. Good news is Newmar is owned by Winnebago. Newmar still operates as Newmar and will for the foreseeable future.

Again thanks for all the help and advice. I will be lurking around.

Side note: The entry door latch the Robb posted, Mine came with the gasket all the way around even around the "round" part. They may have changed how the make them since he bought his.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:00 PM   #1027
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Replacing 26m black tank sensors...

Replaced the OEM gray tank sensors with Horst Miracle Probes. It’s no wonder the factory sensors go bad—their aren’t any! Just a bolt that goes barely goes through the expanding rubber grommet and every one was clogged. Horrible design.

Anyway, I digress. So this is a 26m specific question. The gray tank swap out was simple. But the black tank sensors appear to be hidden behind two panels that are riveted in place.
Not only that, but both panels are behind the inside dual tire, if I’m reading this drawing correctly.
Has anybody removed these panels, and if so, any tips? Obviously drilling out a rivet with a plastics tank on the other side, makes me queasy, to say the least. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4BCFDAD3-C363-4F6C-B08E-7049387B8C53.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	647.4 KB
ID:	175194   Click image for larger version

Name:	0626965D-AE9B-4F99-A5B4-5E267DC460E2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	175195  

Name:	75AFBEAF-87B6-4B27-B35F-6C1C51B23E0E.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	175196   Click image for larger version

Name:	29E7C005-6D7F-4917-9817-72518AF95A1F.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	175197  

Name:	39CC5B82-CEB1-477B-87B0-D8275A6BC89B.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	175198  
Old 09-26-2020, 06:30 PM   #1028
Winnebago Master

I removed one to install the black tank flush. I didn’t remove the wheels. The tank is about an inch behind the panel, I think. You can buy a collar with set screw to put on the drill bit to prevent going thru. You really shouldn’t worry about it tho. You’re just drilling out the head of the rivet, then pry off the panel and knock out the rest of the rivets.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:16 PM   #1029
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I removed one to install the black tank flush. I didn’t remove the wheels. The tank is about an inch behind the panel, I think. You can buy a collar with set screw to put on the drill bit to prevent going thru. You really shouldn’t worry about it tho. You’re just drilling out the head of the rivet, then pry off the panel and knock out the rest of the rivets.
You’re the man...thanks! And reaffixed the black panels with self tapping sheet metal screws I assume?
Old 09-27-2020, 06:50 AM   #1030
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Replaced the OEM gray tank sensors with Horst Miracle Probes. It’s no wonder the factory sensors go bad—their aren’t any! Just a bolt that goes barely goes through the expanding rubber grommet and every one was clogged. Horrible design.

Anyway, I digress. So this is a 26m specific question. The gray tank swap out was simple. But the black tank sensors appear to be hidden behind two panels that are riveted in place.
Not only that, but both panels are behind the inside dual tire, if I’m reading this drawing correctly.
Has anybody removed these panels, and if so, any tips? Obviously drilling out a rivet with a plastics tank on the other side, makes me queasy, to say the least. Thanks!
Hey thanks Wyatt. One of my pet peeves is the tank monitors in gray/black tanks. Have used numerous tank cleaners without success. Now with your picture I can see why they don't work. Very poor design as you mentioned. Surprised Winnie uses such junk.

I will be ordering my sets soon.

YOGOHOM is correct. Your just drill off the head of the rivet. Drill bit should be sized a bit larger in diameter than the rivet head. Then just use short sheet-metal screws to reattach cover. .
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #1031
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Hey thanks Wyatt. One of my pet peeves is the tank monitors in gray/black tanks. Have used numerous tank cleaners without success. Now with your picture I can see why they don't work. Very poor design as you mentioned. Surprised Winnie uses such junk.

I will be ordering my sets soon.

YOGOHOM is correct. Your just drill off the head of the rivet. Drill bit should be sized a bit larger in diameter than the rivet head. Then just use short sheet-metal screws to reattach cover. .
I was thinking about pinging you about these when I found them, but I thought I’d test them out first.

Sounds like you have also taken off the mystery black tank panels. Seems straight forward insofar as removing/replacing them for access, but how did you actually get in there to do it—over the tire or from under the coach? Thanks!
Old 09-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #1032
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I was thinking about pinging you about these when I found them, but I thought I’d test them out first.

Sounds like you have also taken off the mystery black tank panels. Seems straight forward insofar as removing/replacing them for access, but how did you actually get in there to do it—over the tire or from under the coach? Thanks!
Guess what I would try is lower rear Jack's and that should lower rear wheels enough to get in there. Will still be kinda a struggle, but maybe doable.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #1033
Winnie-Wise

No, I have not tackled the black hole yet. (am waiting for warmer weather when in Arizona end of month) Just did a bit of reading on the situation and believe it's possible to get in there.

And yep I would refasten with half inch long sheet metal screws.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #1034
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
No, I have not tackled the black hole yet. (am waiting for warmer weather when in Arizona end of month) Just did a bit of reading on the situation and believe it's possible to get in there.

And yep I would refasten with half inch long sheet metal screws.
Did you install the gray sensors yet? Way better design than OEM.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:30 PM   #1035
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Did you install the gray sensors yet? Way better design than OEM.

No have not had the time yet. Will wait on gray for ARIZONA also. Don't like to freeze my fingers
But yes from your pictures, btw thanks, I can see it's hopeless to try and clean ones tank with hope those sensors would clean up. Very poor design. Where does a company like Winnebago think using junk like that will help their image? I have a notion to send those pieces of junk back to them when I get them changed out.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:55 PM   #1036
Winnie-Wise

Looks very quiet here. Maybe everyone is putting their Intent in "storage"?

For us here in Wisconsin, we have just used Her (Intent) to the max this summer. But now the real test as we will be moving her to Tonto Basin (near Roosevelt Lake in Arizona.

Hope all of you are staying safe. Wisconsin (east side has lots of COVID lately). We have to wait till the 20th to vote, and 25th (for wife worship schedule at church), then we are so out of here. Hopefully, and pray we don't catch the Covid!

Stay safe...

Denny and Barb
Old 10-12-2020, 06:41 PM   #1037
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

For us here in Wisconsin, we have just used Her (Intent) to the max this summer. But now the real test as we will be moving her to Tonto Basin (near Roosevelt Lake in Arizona.

Hope all of you are staying safe. Wisconsin (east side has lots of COVID lately). We have to wait till the 20th to vote, and 25th (for wife worship schedule at church), then we are so out of here. Hopefully, and pray we don't catch the Covid!

Stay safe...

Denny and Barb

Living full time in ours in Texas. No need to winterize.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:41 PM   #1038
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAFIRE View Post
Living full time in ours in Texas. No need to winterize.
Great! I love hearing these stories. Well, as I said we are leaving the 25th. If was up to me it would have been yesterday

No .. no winterizing here ether. Will run furnace if gets too cool at nights.

Have a great winter down there.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 PM   #1039
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:

Stay safe...

Denny and Barb
Not in CA, the fire keep us warm year round...

I’ve been putting the finishing touches on the beast. Silenced the jacks down chime, (finally), adding the hot water backflow device to the shower, with a new set of better handles, next, and adding the new black tank sensors. Final project this year is the two new powered roof vents. Stay tuned...
Old 10-12-2020, 11:24 PM   #1040
Winnebago Master

We just returned yesterday from a week at the beach - South Carlsbad. A whole 10-15 minutes from my house. We had an ocean front site, and backed in to take advantage of the new screened window on the back. What a difference! The breeze came through the RV like never before.
We've decided not to sell da Winne, so I'm going to try some of the suggestions for quieting down the Onan Not-So-Quiet generator, and look more seriously into some solar panels to help keep the batteries topped off and cut down on the generator time.
We camp year-round, at least once a month. Planning our next 2 week trip to Oregon for early March.

Tags
intent