Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-02-2023, 11:28 AM   #261
Winnebago Owner

Caveat Emptor
There are a lot of us trying to share observations and experiences but we are often coming from different perspectives. I’m thinking there is a preFLX era and a FLX era and, now, with your case, a transition. With no documentation we are all trying to understand what we are experiencing.

The do it yourselfers in many cases appear to have done serious research and design work and in many cases have engineered and built quality systems, but Lithionics, GoPower, Xantrex seem to have designed a system different from the previous era of RV solar design that folks with hands on build knowledge have employed. Because of that some of the discussions get us into apple/orange situations.

Then there are the pre FLX Micro Minnie’s which are quite different, of course, except you can see a migration path from the electrical system capture work that Tinglet has done to where/how Winbago fit the “Lithionics, GoPower, Xantrex” design into existing wiring. This is where, I think, the mystery interconnect lies.

The crux is the junction box between the “always” on components and their power source. The mystery 30 amp breaker, the Solar on side and the connection from GoPower all seem to intersect here.

Just spitballing but, I’m thinking an electrical disconnect between the GoPower charge output to the battery might be effective to eliminate the “phantom” feed but I’m not convinced its needed. With the Lithionics battery off (blue button) the battery is isolated (the complexity of how that is effected is beyond me) but the safety need for the breaker tells me relying on the electronic isolation is questionable. (Belt & suspenders?)
And the Solar on side implementation seems to be a leftover from the preFLX era of design.

Your’s clearly is a unique configuration from what I’ve seen, and I’m not sure what we can glean from the various solar electric configurations discussed on this board. I am in no position to speculate but,… I wonder if your tongue battery is even needed?

-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 11:43 AM   #262
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
One thing we've noticed, when changing setting on the GoPower, it doesn't save, the moment battery is selected as Lithium, it has all the presets, but when changing them it'll change battery type to User, GoPower is not sure why and this is a brand new controller and panel, anyone had same issue?
YES! Absolutely. I thought I had mentioned that? Might have been in my discussions with GoPower directly? But, yeah, I stumbled into that!
-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:38 PM   #263
Winnebago Owner

Did firmware update on the GoPower, nothing changed, not sure if it'll have effect on how it charges.
Old 12-16-2023, 02:48 PM   #264
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
Battery temp sensing by chargers was designed for lead acid batteries, where voltage must be compensated at different temperatures. This is not needed for lithium batteries, so no need for temp sensors from solar or from xantrex, the battery has it's own internal temp sensor, which is reported in the Lithionics app. The battery will protect itself from any over or under temp conditions. In fact, attaching ring terminals with integrated temp sensors presents its own risk, as stacking extra lugs can cause torque issues, loose power lugs, incorrect stacking order, etc. Incorrect battery terminals attachment is a whole separate subject, which causes most of battery related issues in the field.
I know this is is months old, but I’m reading this 14 page thread for the 3rd time trying to wrap my brain around all of it.

In regards to the temp probe that is dangling from my Go-Power solar controller, what is the consensus:

1.) Attach it to the Lithionics battery case?
2.) Leave it plugged into the GO Power and dangling as is?
3.) Unplug it from Go-Power Controller?

Thank you all for your professional opinions on here, very helpful for us DIYers.
Rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:25 PM   #265
Winnebago Owner

Definitely do not attach to the battery, it is not needed.
Leave it or disconnect, doesn't matter, but don't bother attaching it.
When programmed for Lithium the solar controller doesn't use temperature sensor as there is no need for temperature compensation.
electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 08:45 PM   #266
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2108TB FLX and had to change our configuration based on a screen print we sent to Xantrex from the Xantrex App. We have not had further issues and wonderful customer service from Xantrex.
AandPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 08:46 PM   #267
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Steve, those setting will not work as you found them. I'd assume you have only one Lithium setting for both the GoPower and the Xantrex - by the way the "boxes" are a GoPower Solar Charge Controller and a Xantrex Inverter.

I think you should call Winnebago Towables Customer Service (574) 825-8052 to get all the specific settings for your TT.

Perhaps someone here with a FLX that is all configured will chime in and provide the numbers.

But you should have 320ah of Lithium - I think is Lithionics brand.

Other than calling Winnebago you could call GoPower, Xantrex or Lithionics and get some info from them.
We have a 2108TB FLX and had to change our configuration based on a screen print we sent to Xantrex from the Xantrex App. We have not had further issues and wonderful customer service from Xantrex.
AandPB is offline   Reply With Quote